Fourth

Saudade (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The small fingers kept on fidgeting in uneasiness. The owner of the fingers stared outside the class window, spacing out into oblivion. Even the ringing of the school’s bell did not stir him from that state. 

 

‘What have I done wrong? Why is he avoiding me like this?’ his thoughts went wild as he thought about that particular person that managed to shake his heart to the core. 

 

A soft tap on his right shoulder made him snap out of his thoughts. Immediately, he looked up to the owner of the hand, “Oh? Donghae? What’s the matter?” he asked.

 

“I think I should be the one who ask you that question. What’s up with you? The class is already over, look around. There is no one left but us here.” 

 

Yesung eyes moved around on every corner of the class and found out that Donghae’s words were true, there was no one there except them. He must had been out of his right mind for too long. 

 

“Ah, I’m sorry.. You can go first, I’ll just pack up and catch up with you later.” Yesung gave the other an assuring smile and started to pack up his things. 

 

“Alright, I’ll wait for you down there. Don’t be late or I’ll leave you alone and let you walk home.” Donghae tried to threaten the other playfully, a smug smirk was shown on his perfect face. 

 

Yesung watched as the fish lover walked away, disappearing behind the class door. He sighed and continued to finish packing up the last remains of his stationeries. 

 

He left the class, and walked downstairs to the ground floor of the building. He was heading towards the students’ vehicle’s parking lot, where Donghae was waiting for him when he suddenly saw a familiar silhouette walking not too far from him. 

 

He gathered his courage and took quick but steady steps towards the guy. The guy who had been on his mind lately, Choi Siwon. 

 

“Siwon! Choi Siwon! Wait!” Yesung called out to the taller. 

 

Siwon turned around and was surprised to see that it was Yesung who stopped him. He tried to remain as calm as he can as he faced the turtle lover. “Yesung? What’s up?” he flashed his brilliant smile. 

 

Yesung tried so hard not to blush as he stared at the bigger man. He continued his staring moment before Siwon snapped him out of his daze again. “Hello? Yesung?” Siwon waved his big hand in front of Yesung’s face. 

 

Yesung shook his head, trying to regain his mind control. He took a deep breath before opening his mouth, “How have you been?” the shorter asked. 

 

The question brought quite a confusion towards the taller as he tried to process the question. “Yeah? I’m... fine? Why are you asking?” Siwon furrowed his eyebrows in uncertainty. 

 

“Um... nothing. It’s just that I’ve noticed you’ve became quite distant these few days. I thought I had done or spoke something wrong to you..” Yesung cowered his head a bit in embarrassment as he said that.

 

Siwon flashed his famous smirk when he heard that. He leaned his body towards the wall beside him and crossed both of his hands on his chest. “Why? You miss me?” 

 

Yesung’s head shot up so quick he thought his neck would’ve broke. He stared into the taller’s eyes for a few seconds before breaking off the eye contact, his eyes looking at anywhere but the other. “Umm.. maybe? I was lonely for a bit..” 

 

Siwon’s eyes softened at the sight in front of him, “I don’t know Yesung...” his voice lowered. “What do you mean by ‘I don’t know’? I thought that I’ve done or accidentally spoke something wrong!” the shorter retorted with a bit of annoyance. 

 

“Every single person that was close to me, will eventually go far, leaving me behind..” Siwon’s voice trailed. Yesung gaze was fixed on Siwon, trying to understand what the other was suddenly talking about. 

 

“Look at Onew, we were the back then but now...” Despite the confusion, Yesung still tried to reply with something positive, thinking the other might want one of his wise advices again.

 

“That’s normal, people come and go Siwon. You can’t expect people to stay in your life forever. People come into our lives for a reason, and they will leave too, for a reason. Not everyone you meet will be with you for better or for your worst, only a few will never go and accept you truly as a person.” he paused and took another breath in. 

 

“And I, will be one of those few.” 

 

Siwon’s lips broke into a huge smile as he looked at the raven haired boy. “So, will you be the few that will come and go or the few that will stay?” 

 

“I’ll never go.” a soft smile painted on Yesung’s face as he said that. 

 

Siwon’s smile faded for a bit as heard the answer from Yesung’s mouth. “Actually Yesung...” he started.

 

“Hm?” Siwon took another glance at the boy, “Nevermind, nothing.” he smiled. 

 

“Noooo, tell me!” 

 

“It’s nothing, I swear! There’s no need for you to know..” 

 

Yesung lips broke into a pout hearing that, before he defeated his loss. “Alright..” 

 

“Do you think I’m a bad person?” Yesung tilted his head in confusion again, what was up with Siwon today? Asking this question out of nowhere. 

 

“No, why?” 

 

“I think I am one though, don’t you think so? I’m useless, I’m ugly. My parents spent so much on me only for me to fail on them. I can’t ever be the best, something that I always wanted to be. And you wanna know something even better? Yesterday, I skipped my daily prayers because I was lazy. My religious parents didn’t know.” 

 

Yesung stared at Siwon in disbelief. What did he just heard from the man? Ugly? Useless? Is he even in his right mind? After knowing Siwon for these few months, he knew how insecure Siwon could get at times, even though in Yesung’s eyes, he’s always perfect. 

 

“We could always change to be better Siwon. You just should never give up. And, there will always be a person who is better than us, but that doesn’t make us worse in any way. In my eyes, you are already perfect!” Yesung smiled, eyes shining in positivity.

 

Siwon just sighed and said “You don’t get it Yesung, you never will.” and he walked away. 

 

Yesung frowned and quickly ran to catch up to the other guy, he stopped Siwon by holding onto his muscular left arm. “Can you please stop running away from me?!” 

 

“Why aren’t you tired already of me?” Siwon shook away Yesung’s hand off of his arm. 

 

“What are you talking abo-HEY! I SAID STOP RUNNING AWAY YOU TALL GIANT!” Yesung held onto the arm once again, this time tightly so that the other wouldn’t take it off again. 

 

“Stop already Kim Jongwoon.” Siwon pleaded.

 

“I DON’T KNOW WHY BUT DON’T YOU GET IT ALREADY? AFTER ALL THESE TIMES-“ 

 

“Stop, Yesung, stop!” Siwon pleaded once again.

 

“NO, I AM NOT FINISHED YET!” Yesung protested in response.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter