Chapter 2 - The Yu Yan whisperer

Never have I ever

Dai Meng, the Yu Yan whisperer.

Dai Meng heard it first from Sun Rui and the SNH48 leader thought it was ridiculous. It makes it sounds like Yu Yan is some wild beast that needed taming, when Yu Yan happens to be the most disciplined person she knows.

It turns out it wasn’t just Sun Rui who thought of that, most of the girls and even the staff thought of it too.

The thing with Yu Yan is, as much as she gives out 100 percent every practice and how much she dominates every stage, she deems everything else as unnecessary and inconvenient.

She can’t be bothered by doing challenges or unboxing things. For her, it cuts out on time they could be using for practice.

It wasn’t surprising to hear that Yu Yan attracted a massive horde of fans. Even among the trainees she was the one to watch out for, the screams of the girls could blow the roof off everytime she’s on stage.

The show wants to milk all of that by featuring her in her own segment of TMI.

On screen, Yu Yan is professional enough. She has her own brand of wit and charm and she can banter with the other girls but when the cameras are off, it’s like poking a lion with a toothache. It turns out it wasn’t just the girls who feared her, the staff won’t dare cross her too. There was only one time that the staff could remember where Yu Yan wasn’t in her lion mode and that’s when she was shooting with Dai Meng, she was actually giggly and soft spoken.

She had been getting better though, but just to be on the safe side, one of the directors approached Dai Meng for the third segment of TMI.

She was honestly exhausted, constantly losing does that to even the most confident. Losing once could serve as a motivation, losing twice and you start questioning everything.

They just finished shooting the revenge stage of RnB all night, going against Yu Yan’s team or most specifically Yu Yan. They haven’t had the results yet, but Dai Meng might as well have surrendered then and there.

She hadn’t had a good sleep in months, she barely ate and the last thing she would want is to smash her fist on a watermelon. She was 27 going on 100. The idol life just has a way of wearing you down and going on this show is both the best and worse experience of her life.

But Dai Meng knows the value of every second you stay in front of the camera. She has been doing this for years and knows how every opportunity no matter if she had to act extra, could mean one fan, or in this case one vote.

And around that time, they were sort of together but with everything going on, they’re lucky if they can look at each other. It would be nice to be around Yu Yan and having a reason to just look at her instead of just see her on screen.

Dai Meng was so tired, she thought she was going to fall asleep as soon as she sat down behind the cameras as she and her group waited for their turn. But seeing Yu Yan like this kept her awake. Yu Yan is just so relax, like stages and practices are out of her head. Right now, she just looks like someone goofing around with her friends.

Her smile grew wider when Feng Ruohang leans over and whispered,

“I never knew Yu Yan could be so goofy.”

She is. Yu Yan can be loud and funny. Yu Yan is so much more.

They barely look at each other the entire time, but Dai Meng used this chance to be this close to her without needing a reason. Yu Yan is always so unbreakable, hardly even glancing her way. It but if anyone could understand it, it was Dai Meng.

But maybe Yu Yan isn’t as unbreakable after all, because when Zhuo Zuo accidentally smack her in the nose, Yu Yan leaned in quick, not just to check on her but to gently caress her upper lip. She’s 27 for God’s sake, but damn she was swooning like a high school girl. She glances up at the staff and even these grown adults are pursing their lips to hide their smiles.

Yu Yan hit it off with the other girls and revealed a side to her, not a lot get a privilege to see.

People can reason it to Yu Yan being more at ease with the girls now.

They could even say that maybe Yu Yan is just in a good mood.

It’s all true and everyone is relieved, but every crew and every girl knew that most of it is thanks to Dai Meng who had the effect on Yu Yan.

Dai Meng felt a squeeze on her side and she doesn’t have to look up to see who it is. She glances just in time to see red mane fleeing out the door.

After the show, the director approached her with a relieved smile on her face, before saying, “I think this is the best TMI segment we have yet.”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Yu Yan whisperer

Dai Meng wonders how much if that is still true, when even she has no idea how to handle this kind of Yu Yan. She can get commander Yu Yan to ease on her defenses, she can go head to head with the lion Yu Yan, but this Yu Yan right here, this one is new.

It’s like handling a toddler, Yu Yan’s long leg almost knocked out the table, she almost gave Yangyuzhou a black eye as she swings her arm. But when she tells Yu Yan to calm down, she was met with a huff and a pout. They have been around each other for four months and she never thought she’ll see her pout.

“Yu Yan,” Yuge always the sweetheart, immediately stood up, tugging Yu Yan on her sleeve. “You can take my seat.”

“No, my baobei’s lap is just fine.” Yu Yan’s cheeks bubbled, eyes disappearing as she smiles at Yuge.

Dai Meng didn’t have to see anyone’s face to see their reaction. She could hear the loud gasp of every girl in that room.

“Y-you guys keep playing, I think Yu Yan-“ Dai Meng groans as Yu Yan kept squirming in her lap, like a child hyped on sugar. She wrapped her arm around Yu Yan’s waist, worried that Yu Yan would fall with all her goofing around. “She’s done.”

Even if she told everyone to keep on playing, it was hard for everyone to focus when Yu Yan is acting like that.

“Okay, my turn.” Sun rui raises the cup high while her eyes narrows playfully at one of her best bros. “Never have I ever seen Yu Yan’s entire back tattoo.” She finished up, bobbing her brows at Dai Meng whose face remained undeterred.

If Sun Rui thinks she’s going to bend over and fall for her obvious trick, then she’s dead wrong.

There is no way she’s going to touch or even look at that paper cup, especially when all the girls are discreetly glancing at her.

But her drunk girlfriend seems to have no problems about it, picking up the cup and handing it to her.

“What are you doing?” Dai Meng whisper threat through her clench teeth.

“Sun Rui said whoever saw all my tattoo, and you saw it when we sho-“

Dai Meng swallowed the shot before Yu Yan could even finished. The room is filled with howls louder than the applause on some of the stages. Sun Rui gives her a eating smirk, that Dai Meng is already figuring out how to wipe off.

On the other corner of the room, Mo Han takes the time to educate the other still bright eyed trainees about the world of SNH48.

But the other girls got distracted when they see a lean finger, reaching out to poke Mo Han on the cheek. Mo Han could feel the finger on her cheek, slowly pushing her away. She turns and it was no other than Yu Yan, seemingly determine to push her.

“You’re sitting too close to Dai Meng.” The ace warned.

Dai Meng is still trying to shake off that one shot, when she catches Yu Yan in the act. she quickly swipes Yu Yan’s finger away from her fellow SNH48 member. But the redhead manage to free her hand and starts to push again, Dai Meng was left with no choice but to hold her hand.

“Excuse me,” Mo Han can’t take the disrespect.

“You’re excuse. Now move.” Yu Yan commanded, but the SNH48 member is too stunned. “Move. Move. Move… I said move… why aren’t you moving?” Yu Yan starts trashing her long legs in frustration.

The girls all around are hiding their amused grins or trying to hide their gushes Yu Yan is too adorbs expression on their face. Only Dai Meng didn’t seem to think that this was cute.

Mo Han asked in surprise. “I thought we are friends? We dance to RnB all night together.”

Dai Meng just gave Mo Han an apologetic look and tilts her head away as a plea for her to just move. Mo Han just shakes her head in defeat and irritation and stood up from her seat, picking up her paper cup.

“Put that cup down, go die of thirst Mo Han.” Yu Yan commands with a pointed look and finger. “You can’t be singing night butterfly with Dai Meng.”

“We have our own CP single.” Mo Han mumbles under her breath.

“No!” Yu Yan responded by wrapping her arms protectively around Dai Meng. “I’m her only CP. I love SNH48! I’m going to BEJ Theater and you better give me a handshake YIXUAN!” Yu Yan announces happily.

“That and a selfie too,” Yixuan was more than happy to oblige a newfound fan.

“Can you autograph my shirt?” Yu Yan points to her crisp, clean white sweater. Dai Meng gives the Beijing center, a shake of her head. “I’m going to get one of my pens. Wait there. This my seat,” She points to Dai Meng’s lap. “No one take it.”

“Aha!” The now fluffy commander raises her non erasable pen. “Here you go.”

Yixuan gulps as she saw the way their leader has narrowed her eyes threateningly, but she looks up and couldn’t help but aww at this adorable version of Yu Yan, waiting expectedly for her shirt to be sign.

“Ummmm… ahhh… maybe on paper?”

“No.” Yu Yan pouts again. She had pouted more times tonight than the entire time in the show. “that paper can get lost. If you sign my shirt, it will stay there forever.”

“That’s what I’m afraid of.” Yixuan signed it so quick, it barely showed, but it was enough to make Yu Yan smile.

“So cool! I’m going to get all the SNH48 to sign!”

“I’m number two.” Mo Han says proudly.

“Go sign your face, Mo Han.” Yu Yan then looks away and starts grumbling, “Secondplacefirstloser.”

It was loud enough for Dai Meng to hear, giving a light smack on Yu Yan’s leg, that got Yu Yan frowning back at Dai Meng.

“Stop. Be nice.”

Yu Yan just answers with a huff, before turning to her most favorite member. Her usual piercing gaze turned into cartoonish heart eyes. “I love SNH48, but you’re the best, my love.” Yu Yan whimpers softly, rubbing her nose against Dai Meng’s.

But the entire room has now been placed in a standstill, everyone murmuring to one another.

If that’s not enough confirmation, Yu Yan presses a soft kiss on her lips so easily, her gaze locked in with hers like nobody is in the room.

“I’m going to do everything in my power to make you the number 1 girl next election.”

“Do you have 5 million dollars?” Dai Meng answers in a deadpan tone.

“Uh.” Yu Yan actually looked like she’s thinking about it, calculating her worth with her fingers. “I’ll work on that. Shuxin, you’re rich can you give me 5 million? I’ll show you my back tattoo.”

“Ohhhhh…” Esther’s eyes grow wide, nibbling at her lower lip in anticipation, but thoughts of seeing the back tattoo disappears when she sees Dai Meng’s killer gaze.

But Yu Yan declaration of love didn’t stop there, “You were so y doing RnB all night. Xu Jiaqi, you should have taken notes.”

“I taught her the dance.” Xu Jiaqi says proudly, which she quickly regrets when she sees Yu Yan’s snarl.

“No! She’s better than you!”

“Shhhh… shhhh.. you need to stop.” Dai Meng quickly chastises the red head girl.

Yu Yan like every human being, hated being scolded and in response, she pouts at Dai Meng, “Are you mad at me?”

“No, I’m not, but you need to say sorry to Jiaqi.”

Yu Yan narrows her eyes that look as threatening as a mad puppy, “Sorry.” She mumbles. “Let’s go back to my room and RnB all night.”

“Yu Yan,” Dai Meng is clearly exasperated now. “We are in your room.”

“What?!” Yu Yan jaw drop seeing everyone there. She tugs Dai Meng closer to her and whispered, “We can’t do it with everybody here, that’s just too awkward.”

Xiaotang was the first one to raise her hands in surrender, “I don’t mind.”

And everyone all started murmuring in curiosity.

Even Xueer whispers under her breath, “I’m kinda curious.”

Liu Yuxin is willing to offer, “I can sing background music for you guys.”

“Alright, that’s it. Stand up.” Dai Meng pushes the clingy girl off her. “You need to get some fresh air, c’mon.”

“Is that a code for-“

“It’s a code for this place better be cleaned up Sun Rui. Now, come here,” she tugs Yu Yan closer to her, before she practically carried her off the door.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Second group performance

The bathroom walls did nothing to muffle all the applause, but all Dai Meng could hear is a time bomb ticking inside her head.

After the Mama performance, she told Yuge to go ahead and that she’ll just run to the restroom. She ducked into one of those corner bathrooms and as soon as the door shut, finally started crying. Other than a few tears, Dai Meng refused to cry in the practice room no matter how heartwrenching the mentors comments are, she refused to cry in their room when Jiaqi, Yuge and very rarely Yangyuzhou needed her to wipe their tears.

When she told her mother that she’s joining the show, her mom in her own supportive yet grating way said “109 girls? Aren’t those girls going to be younger?”

But she knows her mother enough to read between the lines. She’s trying to say this show is pretty much your last chance. You’re almost thirty and your direction is just as unclear as it was when you were 21. You should have focus harder on your law major, you should have considered a second date from that guy she introduced you last lunar new year and you should have just left this to Jiaqi or those younger, fresh face, bright eyed SNH48 girls.

It was like a déjà vu when she was the captain for SII. Coincidentally, she bumped into Mo Han on the way to practice earlier that week.

Hi, what’s up?

How’s practice going?

I’m fine

They’re both such bad liars and instead of calling each other out on it, they just ended up sharing a bitter laugh.

They’re the oldest of their group. They should always be the picture of coolness, always there to cheer the girls. Yet, here they both are, they shared the same feeling being thrown overboard but no matter how hard you swim to break the surface, there is something that shackling them down.

They could only laugh because as much as they wanted to cry, it doesn’t help. Before Mo Han enters her practice room she says “Oh, Yu Yan suddenly just gave me two plums out of nowhere.”

“What?”

“Guess she’s really a sweetheart after all.” Mo Han chuckles again, tilting her head goodbye before going in the room.

Between her tears, Dai Meng manage to chuckle as that memory reels back in her mind. Right now, in this bathroom, even when she’s suffocating in frustration and defeat, the thought of Yu Yan was enough to make her smile.

Dai Meng groans as she sees that she needed to retouch. She shed a few tears during the results, she managed to hold it in during the post result interview, giving a perfect sound bite about not letting results take you away from what you love. It was idealistic bull.

The door swings open in such a commanding way, that it took her attention away from her thoughts.

Yu Yan with her flaming red mane and that electrifying gaze just locked in on her. She was still in her stage outfit and if on screen she looks explosive, seeing her up close, was like being teleported to a different world. Yu Yan looked invincible, like she’s blazing and anyone who succumbs to her, willingly gets burned. And then there was her gaze, Yu Yan looks at her like she’s her entire universe and it killed her to see her cry.

“Hi.”

Dai Meng answers with a weak nod, breathing shakily. Yu Yan walks closer to her, and makes removing her gloves look like an art form before going to the sink next to hers.

“I’m just… going to wash my hands, you know, with the virus and all. You can’t be too safe.” Yu Yan said, in her usual deadpan and effortlessly cool tone.

“Yeah.” Dai Meng nods once again, tilting her head back to not let anymore tears fall. She heard Keni whining to Sun Rui how Yu Yan said to man up and stop crying. Dai Meng has pride she’s not going to let anyone tell her that.

“I may not be the mentor or a youth producer, but I… I think you’re the best one out there.”

Dai Meng chuckles bitterly, “I think you’re watching a different performance.”

“No.” Yu Yan turns off the faucet with a snap, like everything she does has a purpose. Before she moves closer, moving to stand right in front of her. “I know what I’m looking at. And I have never been more sure.”

Dai Meng looks up and knew exactly where she had seen that look in Yu Yan’s eyes before. She had seen it a month ago after their Flammable and explosive performance. When the ace trainee had her pinned against the bathroom door, her usual piercing look were soft as they fall on her lips.

But she didn’t expect what Yu Yan is going to do next. Instead she pulls some make up wipes from Dai Meng’s make up pouch and starts dabbing on the mascara streak on her cheek. Yu Yan touch her so gently, like she’s scared she’ll break, felt more intimate than anything else in the world.

“There.”

“Good enough?” Dai Meng managed to crack a self deprecating joke.

“No. Just perfect.”

Yu Yan brushes her thumb over Dai Meng’s cheek.

“I think it’s perfect. Everything about your performance is perfect, your vocals, Your rap, your dance, your expression and I… I really like your shorts. It’s so… glittery.”

Dai Meng finds herself chuckling again, Yu Yan presses her forehead against Dai Meng, her lean fingers loops around Dai Meng’s suspenders. And even though Yu Yan’s skin barely graze her blouse, she could feel herself tremble.

“You have a way with words, Yan.” They exchanged sweet smiles. In that bathroom, they were in their own world. “So, what part did you like the most?”

“The moment you said turn back, I was like…” Yu Yan looks behind her playfully. “I want to turn back.”

The SNH48 leader wonders if the ticking bomb had stop or just that her heart was pounding so hard, she barely heard it explode. But she guessed that’s Yu Yan’s power, she could make the entire world just disappear. She took the next step, drew Yu Yan closer and wraps her arms around the Ace trainee’s shoulders, breathing in the space between them.

“I’m here,” Yu Yan gently confesses. “I’m here.”

It was Yu Yan’s way of saying, I’m yours.

Yu Yan leans in without hesitation and kissed Dai Meng like she’s her entire world. The two of them will never be the type to pour out confessions, but as they grow breathless with every second, they knew that their kiss weighed more than any words.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

She’s been up for almost 48 hours and she’s so damn exhausted but Dai Meng can’t help but admit that this is probably one of the best memories she’ll have here. She had to drag Yu Yan to the showers but it’s not as y as it sounds. Yu Yan had projectile vomit all over her bathroom and Dai Meng had to clean her up, make sure Yu Yan don’t drown while she’s taking a shower.

Yu Yan fell asleep even with the hair dryer blowing, don’t even talk about how Dai Meng was able to put Yu Yan up in her bunk bed. What is supposed to take seconds almost took her a good five minutes.

From the hallway, she could hear the familiar laugh of her roommates. A part of her was happy to know that they had put away all their worries and just had a good time.

But the laughter died down as they saw who was in Dai Meng’s bed. The three girls letting out a huge gasp in shock, all clutching each other.

“Oh my God!”

“Is Yu Yan okay?” Yangyuzhou for once doesn’t have her happy demeanor, she looks absolutely horrified. “She looks… dead?”

It wasn’t surprising. True to Yu Yan’s commander demeanor, she sleeps in a straight position, body straight, arms on her side, like how you see a dead person in their coffin.

“Yes, she just fell asleep.” Dai Meng talks softly, careful not to wake up the sleeping “Don’t- don’t go in the bathroom yet. Just clean up over at Sun Rui’s for now. I’ll clean it up in a little bit.”

Dai Meng pushes herself off her bed, might as well start now.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lion rehearsals

It was Xi Ai who ask without really asking during the Lion rehearsal. It was moments, Dai Meng wished they haven’t shown on TV.

Yu Yan could barely stand up, but yet she kept pushing herself to death. Everyone is telling her to just relax but of course, Yu Yan being Yu Yan refused to listen. Dai Meng thought that with her, she would at least calm herself down, but it was the exact opposite.

Her outburst was more volatile, her tone more venomous, even if Yu Yan was only screaming three things, “Shut up, leave me alone and go practice.”

It was enough to cut through even Dai Meng’s nerves of steel. She had done this for over eight years and heard and read more malicious things, dealt with more toxic people but Yu Yan, one girl had enough power on her to just rip her heart out.

Dai Meng was glad that Yu Yan was out for a whole day to shoot because she doesn’t think she can see her face without wanting to slap her.

She heard Chengxuan helped Yu Yan catch up on practice. That’s good, at least Yu Yan knows better than to shout at the cute girls.

The entire practice they manage to be around each other without having to acknowledge each other’s presence. But the two of them aren’t as subtle as they thought they were, poor Shanshan got snapped at, even poorer Lin Fan for almost getting punched in the face.

It got to a point that Xi Ai pulls her out from practice and told her she and Yu Yan have ten minutes to sort everything out. And don’t return unless they fixed this.

With everyone in practice, cameras taking in the trainees every moment, they were able to find a spot by the balcony without anyone’s eyes on them. Yu Yan’s expression remains unreadable, like this was just like one of those useless segments that she had to shoot, taking away from her precious practice time.

“We’re missing practice.” She said, her voice just ice cold. It was enough to push Dai Meng to the edge.

“Do you want this?”

“What?”

“This…” Dai Meng takes a deep breath. “Us?”

Yu Yan remained quiet, though her eyes is started to get clouded with a look that Dai Meng has never seen before and don’t know if she could even decipher. Dai Meng looks away anyway, trying not to falter for those pained eyes.

“It’s a yes or no answer Yu Yan, do you want-“

“W-we have to practice,” There was a stammer in Yu Yan’s usual sure, deadpan tone. “we can talk about this af-”

“It’s a no then.” She stills her voice refusing to be the first to falter. Yu Yan had kept her going, through the exhaustion, through the insecurities, through this grueling four months. Yu Yan did it with stolen glances, she does it by light brushes along the arm or the back, but if Yu Yan thinks what they had wasn’t worth fighting for, then even as agonizing as it was, then she had to let go.

“See? That was easy, right? Let’s go back to practice and try not to punch Lin Fan this time.”

For once, she had never thought it would be possible to see this look in Yu Yan’s face.

“No. No. No. I meant- I’m not-“

Dai Meng knew that Yu Yan wasn’t one for words, not feeling words anyway. But it was right there in her eyes, that will always express more than what her lips refuses to say. Those expressive eyes, were clouded with fear.

Dai Meng took a step closer, their eyes both casted downwards, Nike sneakers brushing against each other.

“I just want the perfect stage.” Yu Yan confessed.

“I want that too. God, that’s the only thing I want, to have that perfect stage, to be part of the perfect stage.” Dai Meng looks up, smiles softly at the girl standing in front of her. “But I want you in that stage, in full force, the Lion Yu Yan everyone knows about, not the one collapsing in pain. So, when you just scream at me for-“

Yu Yan was the one who took one step closer, her need for her, right there as she gripped tightly on Dai Meng’s black shirt.

“I’m just… It’s just the center position and I-“

“You know what? If it’s you or Liu Yuxin, it doesn’t matter who-” Dai Meng took Yu Yan’s tightly wound up fist, and coaxing, uncurling one finger after another. “You just have to know that all you need to do is be on stage and people’s worlds are still going to revolve around you. And I can’t wait… to be on that stage with you.”

It was Yu Yan who took Dai Meng’s hands in hers, “I’ll get that number one stage for you.”

She smiles at their intertwined fingers, “I don’t doubt that at all.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was close to five am, when she finally finished hosing down the entire bathroom and it look cleaner than it has ever been and Dai Meng is just ready to collapse in bed. She decided to sleep with Jiaqi tonight to give Yu Yan some good sleep.

But she didn’t even close her eyes yet, when she sees an arm across her trying to push Jiaqi to the wall. She snapped up and sees her frowning girlfriend look determined to move her friend.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m going to sleep here.” Yu Yan says in such a matter of fact tone, like what she’s asking is so obvious, trying to squeeze in the already tight bed.

“No. you’re not. Go back to my bed.”

“No.” She continues to reach across the bed to push Jiaqi but Dai Meng stops her. “If I push Jiaqi to the wall we can all fit.”

“I move here so you can sleep better.”

“I sleep better with you.”

Dai Meng takes a deep breath. “Fine. Go back to bed, I’ll be there.”

Yu Yan didn’t move an inch away from the steps.

“C’mon.”

Yu Yan hesitated for a bit, before starting to descend. Dai Meng is still half awake, trying to shake off her sleepiness, when someone peeps in from the bar of the bunk bed.

“I’m still waiting.”

“Okay. Okay. I’m coming.”

Yu Yan kept on turning around, making sure Dai Meng is following behind before climbing back in her bunk bed. The ace trainee laid on her back, resumed her position and Dai Meng laid on her side, wrapping her arm around Yu Yan’s waist.

“You’re so spoiled, my love.” In that dim room, while everyone is dead asleep, Dai Meng is playful and flirty and Yu Yan clearly enjoys it as she smiles that adorable emoji smile.
“You spoil me so much. I’m really glad to be on the Lion team.”

“Because you get to be in the ace team?” Dai Meng curls a little bit closer.

“Well that and because my crush is there.”

“Oh,” Dai Meng scoffs on Yu Yan’s chest. “she is now?”

“Hmmm… And I just like to look at you and hear you sing.”

Dai Meng even with her sleepiness couldn’t help but smile, maybe a drunk Yu Yan ain’t so bad after all.

“I think it’s such a cool song too, I want to sing it.”

“Tomorrow you can, not now.”

Yu Yan’s brows furrowed, “Why not?”

“Because- “

But Yu Yan’s vocalist urges are much too strong and she let out a loud and powerful, “Attention!”

Dai Meng almost covers Yu Yan’s mouth as she hears her roommates groan, “You’re going to wake them up.”

“I can’t help it.” Yu Yan’s lips jutted in a pout, her eyes turning into puppy dog’s again.

“You can’t be singing right now, they’re sleeping.”

“I’ll sing tomorrow.”

“Yes. Do that.” She starts patting the Ace trainee’s back, hoping it could sooth her to sleep.

“You’re not going to move to Jiaqi’s bed anymore, right?”

“No.”

“To Yuge?”

“No.”

“To Eliwa?”

“No.”

“To Mohan?”

“No.” She pats Yu Yan’s flat stomach. “Speaking of Mo Han, tomorrow, you need to apologize to-.” The childish Yu Yan quickly returns, closing her eyes and feigning sleep. Dai Meng responds with an eye roll. “I’m not playing with you. I know you’re awake.”

Yu Yan replies with a snore, Dai Meng smacks her playfully on her stomach.

“You brat.” She teased playfully, before pressing a good night kiss on her lips. Yu Yan in her fake sleep, kisses back.

TBC