Never Forget

Beneath the Moonlit Sky

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 1

Never Forget

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A powerful storm that snuck at night.

A ship on the brink of capsizing.

An entire crew shuffling, trying to prevent the worst.

A figure in black appeared, its glowing eyes intent on attacking.

A fight in which he sees different lights flashing, hitting the bottom of the sea.

An entire crew became a bargaining chip.

An acceptance of surrender.

An apology made through a whisper in his ear.

The feeling of panic, fear and regret coursed through him.

Then…darkness.

Jaejoong shot up from his futon the moment his eyes opened to see the ceiling of his dark room. Panting heavily, he tried to calm himself and took in the surroundings.

He was not on a ship, and he was definitely not rocking left and right, on the brink of being thrown overboard in the said ship. But he was hearing the thunderstorm that is raging the residence and the house staff running left and right for cover.

Standing up from his futon, he put on his outer robe and slid his door open, only to regret it a second later when the strong wind blew his blond hair away and he had to close his door shut again.

“Why are thunderstorms so violent here in Osaka…?” he muttered to himself as he decided to turn on the lights in his bedroom.

“The rainy season is here…” Jaejoong muttered as he recalled his dream. “And I had that dream again…” he then went to his desk and took out his diary in order to write down the details of the dream that he was able to recall with each passing night.

For the past five years, he has been having recurring dreams of a ship, a storm, a figure attacking him and the crew, and lights flashing left and right. He knew from the recurring dreams of his that some of those lights came from him—from using magic.

What was new to him now was that he remembered the dark figure who had used his crew as a bargaining chip. Jaejoong wrote down that he suspected the figure held the crew as hostages unless he surrenders. He eventually did, but what happened next was what baffled him the most.

The figure apologized and whispered something to him before he out.

Jaejoong’s hands stopped when he has written the last of what he could recall. Even after all these years, he still couldn’t tell if this was just a dream or a memory trying to resurface, as if telling him there was something he must remember. Yamaa had told him that his memories were of a special case, of what, he didn’t know.

As he finished his entry, worried meows reached his ears. He turned his head to see that his cats were looking at him worriedly, clearly ruffled by the rainstorm and his abrupt waking. The cats strolled across the room from their own bed at the corner of the room and hopped on his desk, careful not to topple anything. They gave Jaejoong questioning looks by tilting their heads to the side and looking at him inquisitively.

Jaejoong smiled apologetically at the cats and gave them soft caresses on the head, “I’m fine now, Koko, Nene, not to worry.” He assured. “It was just a dream.”

The cats didn’t look convinced though, and they placed a paw each on the diary as if to say, ‘When you write in this journal, we know you’re not fine.’

“Thank you for worrying about me, I appreciate it.” Jaejoong said as he proceeded to scratch them at the back of their heads.

A knock on his door brought him out of his alone time with his cats. “Who is it?”

“It’s just me.” The door opened and Jaejoong saw his friend, Tomohisa Yamaa, or just Yamapi, the head priest of the Otori Taisha, at the doorway. “Why are you still in your nightclothes?” he wondered.

Jaejoong smiled softly at the man, “I was writing in my journal on extra information about my recurring dream.” At that moment, Koko and Nene had already left the table and decided to snuggle up to Yamapi, earning a disappointed pout in Jaejoong. He doesn’t know why, but sometimes, his cats will always up to Yamapi.

Yamapi didn’t need to ask which dream he was talking about, as the young man had repeatedly shared new information about his recollection of that certain dream. He had tried to decipher what it meant, but like Jaejoong, the questions are far more prominent than answers.

Jaejoong had accepted that he might not recover his memories of the first twenty-five years of his life, but there was a gnawing feeling inside him that tells him the memories he had lost were precious to him. Instead of wallowing in self-pity about the loss of his memories, he had decided to start anew with the people he had met in the course of five years.

“I see. Well, get dressed. We have a big day ahead of us, and Han Geng-san would arrive today.” He informed him.

A nod was all Jaejoong could give before he was left behind by Yamapi. He sighed as he closed his journal and placed it back under lock and key. He was always anxious that the servants would stumble upon his things and one of them would be too curious about him to the point that they would snoop around his things. After all, he was the first foreigner to be welcomed in the Japanese Court, and no one liked the fact that head priest of the Otori Taisha—who also happens to be a member of the Imperial family, had chosen a foreigner without memories as his replacement as the tutor of the Crown Prince, instead of the young hopefuls that came from noble families.

Jaejoong seemed to deal with it well, as if he has been in such a situation once before. He couldn’t really describe why, but he could tell if someone was being fake or genuine in their intentions of getting to know him. It served him well enough to the point that the Crown Prince, who was known to be a bit cold to people, had easily latched onto him the moment they met.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

For some people, teaching a member of the royal family would be a very daunting task. You were expected to educate the future of the imperial family, and the country itself, and one wrong move on their education would lead you to instant disgrace, depending on how wrongly one had taught the said royal.

But to Jaejoong, teaching the son of the royal family was easy. All he needed to do was to treat them as one would treat a normal student, with care, attention and strictness like you were raising your own child.

That was how Jaejoong always managed to teach the Crown Prince Yuta since he had become his tutor six months into living in Osaka.

When he first came forward to become an imperial tutor, he had just moved in and integrated in Nishi-ku as the adopted younger brother of the Chinese merchant Han Geng, who is good friends with the caretakers and the former head priest of the Otori Taisha, Yamapi’s older brother and Yamapi himself. Fresh out of his crash course in the Japanese culture, laws, arts, and history in the clan’s extensive library, he was still able to outperform the scholars from different influential families by doing one thing that they were not able to do: make the young prince listen and learn.

The fact that a mere nobody had managed to teach the then twelve year-old prince the basic information about his courtly duties within three days, which would normally take a month, and remember it like the back of his hand was shocking, but it definitely secured him a good job and favor from the Imperial Family who was grateful. His mother, the Empress, was running out of ideas on how to tie her son down on a chair and learn his duties that had been put off long enough, had offered Jaejoong a wing of his own in the palace to ensure that he will be able to provide the prince what he needed to learn.

Crown Prince Yuta of the Nakamoto Clan was a very hardworking boy, but he gets too distracted in playing football, a sport that he had learned from one of his foreign friends when he was sent to an international boarding school, Neo-Culture Technology Academy. While the school provides exemplary education in the academics, still, the closely-guarded imperial teachings and duties needed to be taught to Yuta in his own home country, not on an isolated autonomous island city.

That’s why Jaejoong tried his best to make sure to treat him like a teenager and a student first and foremost, and not as the sacred crown prince that everyone is so scared of to the point that they can see him ordering their execution in three second flat. Many feared Yuta for his outer appearance with his stare, but Jaejoong could see that the boy was a very playful and cheerful individual, the point that Yuta had started calling him Jae-sensei, which Jaejoong didn’t really mind. He liked talking with the boy, and the moment he started showing hints of magic wielding two years into teaching, he also enjoyed sparring with him every two days.

Which was why right now, the two were in the practice grounds, and Jaejoong was now in deep concentration holding his naginata at the approaching Yuta and his magic-imbued katana, Suigetsu, white and blue light flashing intent on the energy to be released his way.

The two of them had been at it for a good thirty minutes, many guards and onlookers stopped to look at the tutor and the prince in action. Even Koko and Nene were perched at the roof, looking at their master closely. When the two of them spar, even the general would sometimes sneak in and watch as the young prince was taught to fight with their sword magic. In the imperial staff, only Jaejoong was capable of fighting with the prince head on if magic is involved. If not, then the regular sword training will be done in the palace dojo with a separate teacher.

A naginata versus a katana might not be a good match if one would look, but with enough skill known by the wielders, victory cannot be guaranteed at a glance.

And to Jaejoong, who seem to have a lot of years’ worth of body memory in fighting, he knew exactly what Yuta was planning to do.

“Yuta, when you prepare to catapult yourself towards me, do it with your knees bended more. You will end up landing closer to me if you do.” He instructed as he blocked his slash with his naginata.

As he dodged another slash from Suigetsu, Jaejoong noticed that Yuta was eyeing on his bladed side, and the moment it shone a bright red at the tip when Jaejoong is about to strike him with a powerful fire-based blow, he immediately knew that he was looking for a pattern in his fighting stance. Jaejoong had been using water, fire and thunder spells in order since the beginning, trying to test Yuta if he knows how to dodge each of these three strong elements without Jaejoong telling him how to counter each.

But his realization of his patterns came a little too late, as Yuta tried to strike him with a water-based attack, when Jaejoong immediately used his hand and made signs to send an earth-based attack spell to pin him in place.

Well, pinning him in place was the plan, not burying him on the ground with his head the only thing sticking out.

Though it was a loss, Yuta was amused and surprised at the turn of events. He forgot that aside from Jaejoong using his naginata to channel in his magic, he was also adept in non-focus-based spells. “Wow! That was awesome Jae-sensei!” Yuta said with an enthusiastic smile, not minding that his entire body and katana was buried on the ground.

Jaejoong, still a bit surprised at the strength of his spell, immediately made hand gestures again to lift Yuta back to the ground. The said boy was dirty, but not hurt at all. “Sorry about that, the spell went a bit too strong.” Jaejoong apologized.

The prince, however, was not fazed. “Don’t mind it. You always wipe the floor with me anyway. Can you teach me that someday?” Yuta asked, his eyes showing stars that Jaejoong laughed at his adorableness.

“I will in time, but for now, let’s call it a day with our spar. You’re caked in dirt, and you have dinner with your mother tonight. It’s best if you wash up and prepare for that, hmm?” he told him.

With a final bow at Jaejoong, Yuta went off with his attendants to prepare for a nice long bath before dinner. Jaejoong, in turn, made his way to his own quarters to prepare for the arrival of his adoptive brother.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 “Hello there my little driftwood.” Han Geng greeted as he embraced his brother the moment the gangway hit the pavement.

Jaejoong gladly returned the warm embrace of his brother and rescuer. “Geng-niisama, it’s only been two months since we saw each other.” He replied with amusement.

“Two months is too long, little brother.” Han Geng stated as the two of them proceeded to leave his men on their own to unload his merchandise and head on to the nearest tea house they frequent on his arrival. “Come on, I’d like to monopolize your entire morning before you head back to the palace and before the cats try to scratch me for taking you again!” he said and continued to drag Jaejoong to the tea house.

The two of them had been regular customers, so the moment the owner saw them, they were given their own private area and ordered their usual food. “So, what have you been up to since I was gone?” Han Geng wondered.

Jaejoong smiled. “I’ll be taking over some of Yamapi’s responsibilities for a month while he goes to a Gathering, and I’m taking the prince with me to Nishi-ku.” He informed him. “They said it’s going to be a trial that involves the Representative Mages of every kingdom, and they’re required to attend.”

“A trial huh,” Han Geng hummed. “Sounds like a serious one if all mages are called out for this. This person must have done something grave using magic.”

“Yamapi said the same thing. He said it has been years since a Gathering has been called, so he knew it was a serious one.” Jaejoong agreed.

“How serious could it be?” Han Geng asked. Living as a normal non-magical person was somewhat of a good thing for the young merchant, but listening to his brother’s and friend’s tales about magic affairs it never ceased to amaze him.

“They call Gatherings when a mage commits a high enough crime with the use of magic. This is big since according to him, a person of high status is involved in it. It’s basically a trial where magic is used to decide the mage’s fate. Mages who end up in the middle of a trial are the ones who give magic users a bad name.” he explained. “If you’re found guilty, the sentence depends on how heavy your crime is.”

The merchant had to shiver at the thought of being brought to trial and being eyed down by the mages of all kingdoms. Even he wasn’t stupid enough to be the target of Yamapi’s glares. Just thinking about being in that situation with about fifty more was jarring. “The stares alone is sentence enough for me.”

Yamapi, while his official job is the head priest of the Otori Taisha, is also one of the best mages of the Imperial Court. Aside from his very high lineage and powers, he also held a lot of influence in the matters of magic, which was why held the title of Imperial Mage. But despite the title, his duties as the head priest of the Otori Taisha comes first.

Now that he will be away for at least a month, the only person he could trust to keep things in order in the Otori Taisha is Jaejoong, and since Yuta was scheduled to immerse himself with the locals anyway, Jaejoong will be bringing him along until he returns.

“I know. I’ll be supervising Yuta and managing the shrine all at once. Just thinking about the amount of work I will have is pretty jarring.” Jaejoong muttered as he took a sip of his tea.

Han Geng rolled his eyes at that, “Come on Jae, you’re a great teacher, and you helped out at the shrine since you came here! Your anxiety is getting the best of you again. You’ll be fine. After all, no one could beat you in a duel yet.”  He encouraged. “You’ve always been so unsure of yourself. Just do it with what you have and you’re good to go.”

“Thanks Geng-niisama.”

“Anything for my little driftwood.”

Jaejoong frowned at the nickname. “You really should stop calling me that.”

“Aw but it fits you! You gave me a heart attack when one of my men told me there was a man overboard and when we took a look at you, you’re almost dying of hypothermia.” Han Geng recounted again.

Jaejoong had to groan as he had to recall that certain memory of his.

The young merchant was on his way to Osaka when his crew had spotted him on a large driftwood, shivering and unconscious. He had gathered his men to bring him to the ship and Han Geng himself nursed him back to health. The moment he woke up was the earliest memory he could recall.

The only thing he remembered of his past to this day was his name, his age, and the fact that he is very skilled in academics and magic.

“Some memory, huh?” Jaejoong mused.

“Anything else you have recalled since the last time I asked?” Han Geng said, playing with his food for a bit.

Jaejoong nodded. “My reoccurring dream is getting more vivid each passing night. There was a thunderstorm here last night, you know.”

Han Geng nodded. “I know. That’s why I docked at a nearby village before heading here. That one was not particularly rainy but the wind is nasty enough to warrant damages. You can’t be too careful.”

“And every storm, the dream comes. I don’t know why, but that’s just it. I would have asked Yamapi since he’s good at mind magic, but…” Jaejoong trailed off.

Han Geng knew what he meant. The moment the two arrived in Osaka to seek Yamapi’s help, it was to help Jaejoong restore his memory. Yamapi is quite skilled in the realm of mind magic, having been able to cure an amnesiac many times before with his long-term treatments, but even he was baffled at what he had seen when he went into Jaejoong’s mind.

Jaejoong’s memories of twenty-five years had been sealed by a very skilled mind mage, and the only one that can unveil it was Jaejoong himself. How, he does not know. If Yamapi ever tries to break it by force, there would be a possibility that it would endanger Jaejoong more than it would help him.

That was the moment when Jaejoong decided that he would rather not remember at all. If the only one who can break the seal was him, then the only reason that would have happened is that either Jaejoong did it himself or another mage. He had made the choice to create new memories and hope that he would meet the people of his past again.

“But you made the decision not to endanger your mind and to just get on with your life.” Han Geng finished his thought for him.

Jaejoong nodded. “Yeah, but sometimes I feel like…I left a lot of people behind…and I might have left someone that I loved so much. Every time I think about it, my stomach churns as if telling me not to let go of it…”

Han Geng knew very well that matters of the mind involving the heart was a tricky one, and tends to have sad endings, like what had happened to him years before. But if there was anything he had learned in his experiences, it was to allow it to pass and to move on. There was no point in holding onto the past and being consumed by what-ifs and what-might-have-beens.

“So hold on to them.” Han Geng stated as he gave his hand a pat. “If they really are precious to you, then Fate would give you the chance to meet them again.” He assured. When Jaejoong smiled back at him, he knew that his words had been understood and he was grateful for his words. “You have me, Yamapi, the brat prince—yes, I would include him since he’s attached to you for some reason and of course, your cats, Koko and Nene!”

Koko and Nene were a pair of cats that he had found in one of his escapades when he ditches his crew to explore new towns. He had seen the stray cats in the forest cold and hungry from the harsh cold night before. They reminded him of pretty much how he had seen Jaejoong three months prior. With a strange resolve in him, he smuggled the kittens to his room and took care of them with the help of the local healer.

It was only after he had washed and fed the kittens did they realize that he has taken in two stray cats, and he had no capabilities whatsoever of raising them. Which was why he brought the cats to Jaejoong who adored them, and had instantly agreed in keeping them, having declared that he felt lonely when he and Yamapi were away on their own job and when Yuta was at boarding school, so the cats were a welcome addition to his residence.

Jaejoong smiled. “I guess you’re right. If I will be allowed to meet them again, then I will.” He said. “I just wish it would be sooner and not later.”

At his statement, Han Geng’s smile faltered a bit as he spoke, “By the way, do you still have the dalryeongpo you have when I found you?” he wondered.

Jaejoong nodded. While those clothing had been tattered and worse for wear, they were still an essential part of his past, and the fact that it was where he got to spell his name. From Han Geng’s merchant expertise, the embroidery and the fabric were all screaming high class, which meant that Jaejoong was not just an ordinary driftwood. He might have been a part of a noble house. He couldn’t throw that away so he had kept it in his closet and had been untouched ever since. “Yes. Why do you ask?”

Han Geng drew circles on the table. “Remember a few weeks ago when I told you I finally got my license to operate in the Far Northern countries?” he started.

Jaejoong nodded, “Yeah, you were so excited to be getting that license that you treated the entire crew to drinks for one whole night.” He recalled. “Why?”

“I’m headed to the North after we finish with our trades here. I want to check if the clothes with your embroidered name alone will have some leads there regarding your identity.”

“Geng-niisama, my past life…”

“Is haunting you in your dreams.” Han Geng cut off. “I know you want to lay it to rest, but if you are still being bothered by your dream, then we have to solve it. Please. It would ease my mind that at least I helped you find out who you were, even if you couldn't remember yourself.” He begged. “We don’t have to approach the people in your past life.”

Desperate dark eyes looked back at Jaejoong, daring him to say no to the man who had saved him and nursed him back to health when he was all over the place. He knew as much as him that a lot of his friends are desperate to find out who he is, but with the pleading of Jaejoong to lay it to rest, they respected that they were not to know. But Han Geng was different. He wasn’t afraid to do what they wanted to do since two years ago when Jaejoong appeared in their lives.

All he could do was to nod at his adoptive brother in surrender. The sooner he finds out about himself, he could find out what had happened to him. “Alright, I’ll have it sent to you later today, but keep it safe and I want not a spec of irremovable stain on it or you will lose your head, Geng-niisama.”

Han Geng nodded in relief. “You can count on me.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Now remember Jaejoong, the plans for the rest of the month is on my desk and the names of the people who you need to contact are there. Be sure not to mix up the schedules.” Yamapi said as he was packing his things in his study. Jaejoong was standing there with Yuta playing with Koko and Nene at the garden just in front of them, watching his friend and fellow mage scuttle about trying to take the last of the things he will need in his journey. The Gathering was to be held in the town of The Hague, in the Kingdom of Netherlands, which would take him two weeks to reach and two more weeks to return, provided the weather be merciful on his way.

Jaejoong was amused that Yamapi was more worried than him with regards to leaving responsibilities in Osaka than worrying about Jaejoong himself. If this was what Han Geng was seeing him do, then he could understand why he was always smiling when he rambles his worries to him. His adoptive brother had left the day before to the Far Northern countries and to meet up with a fellow merchant for his wares hunting escapade. The man was always in a hunt for rare and antique merchandise. How Han Geng does his thing, he would never know, but one thing was for sure, Han Geng would one day be the richest of the Han merchants because of his penchant for making friends and his great business mind.

Reaching out to grab Yamapi’s shoulder, he chided, “Yamapi, I’ll be just fine. It’s not like your staff will not help me. I’ve dealt with Prince Yuta, remember? Just calm down and concentrate on the Gathering.”

For someone as calm and collected as Yamapi to worry about what he will leave behind was enough of an indication that this was the first time he was leaving his professional affairs to someone like Jaejoong who was still new to everything but took it with a stride confidently—despite the fact that his doubts tends to overpower him when the pressure was too much. Jaejoong didn’t blame him for being frantic about it.

Yamapi looked at Jaejoong and sighed apologetically. “I’m sorry Jaejoong, it’s not that I don’t trust you, it’s just that I worry you would crash and burn and I won’t be there to help you. The prince and his immersion is already a handful, and I feel regretful that I had to leave you with my duties, but you are the only one here I trust.” He explained.

Ah. So that’s why. Jaejoong thought to himself. “I’ll be alright. Besides, Yuta will be with me to tell me if I’m burning myself out when I supervise him. He might be the Crown Prince, but he is very good in making his subjects love him by his presence alone.”

The two then turned to Yuta who was still playing with Koko and Nene in the courtyard of the shrine, and was then joined by the children of the adults who had come to pray. They seem to recognize Yuta from their way of bowing, but the moment they started playing with the cats and Yuta, it was like his status was all but forgotten.

“Good point.” Yamapi gave up. “Maybe I’m the one who will be stressed out, not you.” He complimented. “If you feel like you can take care of it, then I trust you.” Yamapi decided. “I’ll be back as soon as the Gathering is done, but be sure to keep yourself and the prince safe when I’m not here.”

“I will.” Jaejoong assured him.

And with that, not a few hours later, Yamapi was on his carriage that would bring him to the ship that would start his journey onward to The Hague.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

There are things that Jaejoong has learned in living in Osaka and educating the prince in the matters of academics, arts, magic and culture. It was the fact that Yuta was very much a social butterfly, and he brings it out using his favorite method: sharing food with the locals and eating with them.

He brings them all out on his immersion periods.

Yuta, as Jaejoong had learned over the years, was a total expert in matters of local food, his favorites being takoyaki, green tea and watermelon. Which was why every time he was granted an immersion by his mother, the Empress, he always decides to help out in town and in their local tea houses and restaurants. 

Which was why he found himself being woken up by the enthusiastic prince as soon as the sun rose and were on their way to town.

“I can’t believe Yamapi-san left every single management duties to you while you’re here as my guardian for my immersion period.” Yuta stated as he was in the carriage with Jaejoong on their way to the nearby town to his favorite tea house, where the family whom Yuta promised to help out for today were waiting for him.

Jaejoong was with him, all the while reading through the instructions written by Yamapi himself on the things he needed to do while Yuta was helping out on the tea house. “Well, he had to. His sister is already married and his brother is currently with your father in Kyoto. It seems that the timing for the Gathering was a bad one as it stretched the family a little too thin this time.” He commented.

At the mention of his father, Yuta’s face faltered, something that Jaejoong noticed very quickly.

It was no secret that the Crown Prince and the Imperial Consort were not very close. Yuta has only been close with his mother, who caves to his every request as long as it was reasonable. Yuta’s father, the Imperial Consort, is a governor of Kyoto and barely has time for his son and his wife.

Yuta’s mother, the Empress regnant, is the head of the kingdom and had many things to do, but making time for her children is something she never failed to do despite the hard task that has been on her plate since her coronation as the ruler on the Chrysanthemum throne.  The marriage was political in nature, but the relationship between mother and child was strong, and the Empress would like to keep it that way with her eldest and only son.

“Must be nice, being able to rely on your family members…” Yuta muttered.

Jaejoong had been warned by Yuta’s aide that he tends to go into that mood every time he remembers his father, and Jaejoong knew how to counteract it. “Yuta, hey, none of that for today, hmm? You are here to immerse yourself and to build up a relationship with your subjects. What would they think once they see you in that gloomy state because of your father?” he asked him.

Yuta didn’t answer, but Jaejoong continued, “Listen, not all of us has that happy family with a mother, father and children, but we do are best to make do with what we have. At least you are very close your mother. I don’t even remember if I have parents.” Jaejoong shared. It was no secret and that the Empress is aware that he was an amnesiac. There was no use lying or failing to mention it to someone who could execute you in a minute with one word. Yuta knew it too.

His words seem to cheer Yuta up somewhat, and Jaejoong was satisfied with that.

The moment the two of them got out of the carriage, Yuta was bombarded by three children and clung to his legs.

“Yuta-ouji!” the kids all called while giggling.

From Jaejoong’s observation, Yuta immediately forgot his issue with his family and flashed the children his genuine smile and attention.

“Hello there girls. I see you guys are up early as you had promised.” He chuckled.

As soon as the children giggled at his statement, their parents had popped out of the tea house with condescending looks.

“Come now kids. That is no way to greet the prince!” their mother chided.

Yuta simply smiled and waved them off, “It’s okay, Akemi-san, they’ve been looking forward for my visit anyways.”

“But Ouji…” their father tried to speak.

Jaejoong found it the time to intervene, “Haruto-san, Yuta is here to help out, not to teach the children pleasantries that they can’t understand yet. Let them and Yuta be normal children as the Empress plans for his immersion.” He advised.

Haruto seemed to agree at the mention of the purpose of the immersion. “If that is what you advise, Han-sensei, then we will.”

The tutor nodded in approval. “Well then, Yuta here is all yours to guide.” Jaejoong said. “I will need to do some errands, so I will check up on your later.”

“So soon? Do you want to stay for a while for tea?” Akemi offered.

Jaejoong shook his head in refusal, “That will have to wait for alter, Akemi-san. I have some duties that were left to me by Yamapi that I need to get done before afternoon.” He explained.

“I’ll see you after the lunch rush then, Jae-sensei?” Yuta asked him.

“I will.”

And with that, Jaejoong had parted with the prince that morning, and he was free to accomplish the errands that were left by Yamapi.

The normalcy in all of this made Jaejoong forget that he ever had a past, not that he could remember it. But the fact that he has a good job, a supportive adoptive brother and his best friend who trusts him enough to handle his own affairs, and a dedicated student who values his very teachings in his life, it made Jaejoong feel lucky that he had this kind of life now.

Somehow, he thought, the feeling that he has now was very nostalgic, as if he has done this once before. Shaking his head, he willed the thought out, preferring to live in the present instead of wishing for his past.

Two weeks later, his past would resurface the form of yet another storm.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Memories they haunt his mind

Save him from the endless night

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“You may defeat me in terms of dueling, but you know I am not above playing dirty.”

“No! Don’t hurt them!” Jaejoong heard himself plead to the dark figure who was holding down his men with gravity.

“Then surrender. Do not fight me, and I wouldn’t throw them overboard.” A monotonous voice bargained him. “Just one word, and they would be safe.”

“Your Highness! Don’t listen! We swore to protect you and we will die if we have to just to save you!” he heard his captain shout even though half his head was pushed to the ground by an unknown force.

“SILENCE!” the voice growled and the captain writhed in pain at whatever the figure was doing to him. The figure turned back to face him, “As you can see, I have their lives in my hands. Surrender or they die a painful death. I assure you, I will not be quick about it.”

Jaejoong felt himself clench his fist in frustration. He should have known this would happen the moment he stepped out of the kingdom without any additional security. He was assured that no one would pay him any mind if he left silently and just come back like he had not left at all. Such is the foolishness of someone like him.

He wanted to fight back, of course he did, but with the figure holding the lives of his crew and the fact that they were in the middle of a storm, he had no choice in the matter. Better he die than an entire crew with families.

“Alright. I surrender. I’ll go with you.” He decided.

The figure smirked. “Excellent.”

“Your Highness!” the crew shouted in grief. “Do not lay your life for us! We beg you!”

Jaejoong turned to his crew and smiled sadly, “My conscience would not take it if I was the reason for your demise. When you return, tell them I’m sorry.”

“Your Highness!”

In a single snap, the crew was freed from their restraints while Jaejoong felt his body being bound by some unknown force. The figure appeared behind him and whispered. To him:

“I’m sorry it has come to this.”

The last thing he had seen before he out was him being flown away from his crew, his ship, far away from him.

Jaejoong’s hand was shaking as he scribbled the words in his journal. He knew that his dream was getting more vivid than the last, and he didn’t know if he was feeling terrified or angered at the development of the dream. No, it was not a dream. It was most definitely a memory. The memory before the rest of it had been sealed in his mind. When at first they were mere flashes of scenes, now there were voices, voices that he recognized yet cannot identify.

The moment he got everything out of his system, his breathing was erratic. He felt like he was drowning on air, and his hand holding his brush started to shake.

“Sensei?! Sensei!!” Yuta’s voice interrupted his scribbles as the young man tried to get him back to his senses. “Sensei, please breathe!”

He didn’t know he was hyperventilating until Yuta took the brush from his hands and started to instruct him to breathe properly.

“Please, Jae-sensei, follow my breathing, okay? In…and out…” Yuta tried to instruct him.

He didn’t know how long he sat there with Yuta, doing breathing exercises, but clearly, outside, the storm had subsided, unlike when he woke up that morning when it was still raging on.

Why was everything being triggered by a storm?

Osaka was a frequent visitor of moderate storms, which was why most of the infrastructures of the town was made to endure it, and the townspeople knew well enough not to venture into them. For the citizens, the storms were a normal part of their lives. For Jaejoong, however, every storm meant remembering the only memory of his past he could recall, and that was moments before they were sealed. It was also unfortunate that his mind and body were not as enduring as the homes of the town.

As soon as he was calm, Jaejoong looked at Yuta, “Thank you, Yuta.”

Yuta, relieved that he got his teacher out of his hyperventilating state, sighed in relief. “Oh thank goodness.”

“How…how did you know I was awake in the middle of the night?” Jaejoong wondered.

Yuta raised a brow at him as if he was forgetting something. “Sensei. I sleep next door to you, and you know I’m a light sleeper. The moment I heard you shuffle and turned the lights on in the room, in the middle of a storm, I knew there was something wrong.” He explained. Yamapi-san told me about your nightmares during storms.”

Jaejoong had never been so grateful that Yamapi was insightful enough to tell Yuta of what was going on.

“I’m sorry I woke you up.” Jaejoong apologized.

Yuta looked at the diary that Jaejoong was writing on not too long ago. “What were you writing?”

“My dream. At least, from what I can remember…” Jaejoong replied.

Reviewing what he had written, he had come across what would seem to be the golden egg in this mystery. The captain and the crew called him Your Highness.

What did that mean? Was he born of royalty or married to one? Where was his wedding ring then when Han Geng found him? His brother had assured him that all they found with him were the clothes on his back with the embroidery of his name, which was how Han Geng knew what to call him. What if there was more to it than the first time he had come to himself on that day?

“Sensei?” he was called back by Yuta when he didn’t reply for a minute.

Jaejoong shook his head and closed the diary, not wanting to worry Yuta with what he had remembered tonight.

“I will be fine. You should head back to your room. It’s still too early.”

Yuta didn’t want to argue and pry what his teacher had written. It wasn’t his business, so he relented. “If you say so Jae-sensei.” He said with a sigh and stood to exit the room. “But if you need anything, I’ll just be in the other room, okay?”

Jaejoong nodded in recognition. Satisfied with his reply, Yuta bid the man good night and went back to his room, albeit reluctantly.

When Jaejoong knew he was alone once again, he turned back to his diary, and in his mind, he remembered the dalryeongpo that is currently in Han Geng’s possession, seeking out the origins of the fabric to find out who he might be.

Jaejoong promised to himself that he just wants to know who he was. He has no plans in interfering with the lives of the people of his past, if it means interrupting them with his reemergence. There was no point in that. After all, five years has passed. Many might have already moved on from him. It was just right for him to do the same.

‘I could have thrown this away, but that didn’t sit well with me.’ He thought to himself. ‘I couldn’t bring myself to do it, and I don’t know why…’

He reopened his diary and read through what he had managed to write. Everything was vivid this time.

His thoughts then went to Yuta and the Empress.

‘The dalreyongpo is the only item I have of my past, though I’m not really sure what the K in my name stood for, so everyone just called me Jaejoong and Geng-niisama gave me his last name to compensate for it. Despite that, the Empress welcomed me and trusted the education of her son to me after I have proven myself capable. I wonder why though?’

The Empress was a very private person, but one thing was for sure, she wouldn’t approve of Yamapi choosing of him if he was any danger to her son. Yamapi and the Empress are good friends, so the Empress trusted Yamapi’s good judge of character. Jaejoong had always believed that the Empress is more perceptive than they let on. Despite opposition from the local scholars of the court who coveted the position, Jaejoong proved himself skillful and knowledgeable in both academics and magic, which hit two birds with one stone in the education of her son who possesses magic as he did.

Sighing, he knew he was not going to go any further than this. It was still too early and he needed his sleep.

But before he could go back to bed, a humming sound was heard in the room. Jaejoong turned to look at his table, where a communications scroll was humming and glowing yellow.

It was the communication scroll that was directed to Yamapi’s own scroll.

Opening it, he found the scroll scribbling words in the parchment, an indication that Yamapi is still in the middle of writing on his own scroll.

When he was done, Jaejoong read the contents, prepared to reply in turn.

Jaejoong. Are you still awake? I have arrived in The Hague and had been escorted to my quarters.

It’s not like you to wake me up at this hour, Yamapi. Please note the time difference.

Apologies. Have things been running smoothly since I was gone?

Nothing to worry about. I’m fine here. Yuta has been helping.

The kid better.

Jaejoong had to laugh. Yuta and Yamapi never really got on properly, and were constantly arguing. Apparently, since Yuta was a kid, he had always done some small pranks on Yamapi, considering he was his godfather. The kid had developed a sass that Yamapi told him once before that Yuta got from his mother during their younger days.

What about you? Is the Gathering starting soon?

Not yet, but they gave us the files about the offense. It was thick.

Must be quite an offense.

It is. I was informed that the victim is a high-profiled one and…

Jaejoong noticed that Yamapi was trailing off, and that was not a good sign at all. He was hesitating at something. He might be contemplating if it was good for him to divulge this information to an outsider mage.

Yamapi? Is everything alright?

Yes. Everything is fine…

You must be tired from the journey. Be sure not to be stressed about it.

I will see you soon then.

And just like that, a red line was at the end of his reply, signifying that Yamapi had ended the conversation.

“I wonder what that was all about?” he wondered as he went back to prepare to get more sleep.

Something tells him that after today, this will not be the last time his past will be brought up and that things were about to change, just as his dreams had become more vivid. He just knew it.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

And when the golden sun arises far across the sea

The dawn will break as darkness fades forever we’ll be free

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Look what I have Jaejoong!” Han Geng had dragged him along with his familiar towards the wagon of his new haul. “I just got back from the Far North and got to trade with all of them!” he bragged.

Jaejoong looked at the large wagons being carried down by his crew and his captain was counting them to make sure everything is out. “Master Han shopped until he dropped at the three capitals, you know.” He informed Jaejoong. He saw various items in the wagons, warm coats from medium to high quality (for his more picky and noble customers), toys and ornaments, Jaejoong was almost scared that Han Geng would not be making any money. But who was he kidding? Han Geng can make you sell your own house for one of his wares if he wanted to. His crew had seen it personally.

“I can see that.” Jaejoong said. “How long will it take you to sell them all?”

Han Geng grinned. “Silly little brother, I already started the moment I left the capitals! I already sold most of my shopping spree in my first two port of calls!”

“You did what?!” Jaejoong said, shocked. He was impressed, don’t get him wrong, but for Han Geng to make a fortune using wares from the North alone… “Wait. What am I thinking, of course you could pull this off.” How foolish of him. Han Geng was on the path to becoming the richest merchant. One month and a week since he had last seen him, he was now making an even bigger income than last year.

Han Geng grinned victoriously, “And I even set aside things for everyone’s birthdays. Just you wait Jaejoong, you’re going to love what I bought you!”

“My birthday is not until January. You plan ahead too much.” Jaejoong chided, but delighted. Han Geng always gives the best presents, what with him travelling all over the world.

“Hush now. When will Yamapi be back? I need to speak to him about certain matters.”

“He has already arrived, though he has been invited by the Empress to lunch today along with Yuta. What are you talking to him about?” Jaejoong wondered.

“I’ll tell you after I speak with him. For now, I’ll be here for two weeks to sell all my Northern wares. If I’m going to win the bet with that pesky rookie merchant Henry Lau, I will sell all of them here!” he said with a determined glint in his eyes.

“Okay then…” Jaejoong chuckled at his enthusiasm.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Yamapi and Han Geng were acting weird. Not supernatural weird, but weird in a sense that Yamapi and Han Geng were giving him hesitant looks, even Yuta had noticed. This was the same thing he was subjected to five years ago, but now, when he had grown close to them, it was weird for Jaejoong, and he hopes it would cease and they would explain it soon. Even Han Geng was not that secretive towards him before.

But when he saw Han Geng sneak into Yamapi’s study after avoiding him, well, it was the last straw.

Han Geng had left the door ajar, so Jaejoong heard what they were talking about.

“Are you sure that’s accurate?” he heard Yamapi ask him. “We would come off as frauds if their own investigation does not coincide with ours.” 

“My own investigation pointed me to the same direction as you did back in your Gathering.” Han Geng replied. “You have even spoken to the Empress. There’s no mistake about it. You have to contact them.”

He heard Yamapi groan in frustration, “I know we have to tell them. I was hesitant in telling while I was in The Hague since I have little proof, but now that you said that the trail brought you there, it’s the only answer we could come up with.”

“Yama,” Han Geng called him with frustration laced in his voice, “I do think we have to tell Jaejoong first. He’s been suspicious since I arrived, and I’ve been here long enough for him to warrant that.”

“How do we tell him though? He might blow this out of proportion.”

That was when Jaejoong decided he needed to make his presence known. Sliding the door open with a loud thud, he stared at the two who were startled to see him and had stood up in alert. “Why don’t I give you an advice? Just call me and tell me properly that you have something to tell me.” He said as he glared at them, intent on letting them know that he was not pleased with secrets being hidden right under his nose.

“Jaejoong…” Han Geng muttered. “I…we…” he sighed. “I’m sorry we kept this from you, but believe us, we were shocked at what we found too.” He started. “Please, let us explain.”

Despite being angry at them, Jaejoong couldn’t help but forgive his friend in their secrecy. Surely there was a reason, but depending on the answer, he might not be pleased. Sitting down at the floor with the three of them, he crossed his arms across his chest, he looked at them. “I’m listening.”

Yamapi nodded and waved his hand, in which caused the door to be closed and locked. The two men sat back down on the floor again. “What we will tell you might be something you would not believe. I implore you to keep an open mind about it.”

Jaejoong nodded, and Han Geng started. “Let’s start with this.” Han Geng said as he gave him the black lacquered box where Jaejoong’s dalreyongpo was inside. Jaejoong instinctively opened the box to feel the fabric after a month of not being able to do so.

“As I planned, I not only went to get some wares in the Far North, but I also asked around professional tailors who knows this kind of design. I found them on Seoul in the Empire of Korea.”

“Korea? So this was made there?” Jaejoong demanded.

Han Geng nodded. “According to the royal tailor, Kim Heechul, he was the one who embroidered the name in your clothes, as well as a few other hundred Jaejooongs that resides in the capital alone…”

Jaejoong felt his heart drop. “So it was just a small lead?”

“No.” Han Geng corrected. “He had said something when he recognized his handiwork. He has done many others, but he only embroider names in sapphire blue.”

That earned him a raised brow. “But the embroidery is pearl red!”

“I know. That’s why he went all lunatic all over me and told me that he only embroidered pearl red characters for one particular family.” He stated. “He even grabbed my collar in his demand.”

“Get to the point, Geng-niisama.” He pleaded.

“The pearl red embroidery that he does are exclusive only to the Imperial House of Jung.” Han Geng revealed, eyes hesitant and worried at the reaction his brother might let out.

Had Jaejoong been standing, his legs would have felt like jelly had he would have given up and collapsed on the floor right then and there.

.The Imperial House of Jung? Who was he to be born or married into the royal family of Korea? Some kind of commoner who got lucky? A noble that caught his eye? Adopted? Who exactly is he? Clearly more than he thought he was.

Despite their words, he couldn’t believe it.

“This is a dream. This is all a big foolish dream that is making fun of me in losing my memories…” Jaejoong ran his free hand through his hair, careful not to hit his glasses.

Han Geng knelt down and stared up at Jaejoong. “Jaejoong, I’m sorry for springing this on you, but this is not a dream. Please, all of this is real and no one is fooling you.” He pleaded. He was on the verge of having a panic attack, and Han Geng was asking him to breathe in and out.

He didn’t know how long he was being soothed by his adoptive brother, but he knew it was long enough for Han Geng to order Yamapi to get a glass of water.

Handing the glass once Jaejoong sat upright, Han Geng apologized. “I’m sorry. This must be too much for you to process…”

Jaejoong took one gulp of the glass before he had the energy to speak again. “I know.” He huffed. “What does that tell then? That I’m from that very family?” he wondered. “But my initials, K. Jaejoong. It’s obvious that I might have married into their family. Where did I come from before being taken in by their Imperial family…?”

“Jaejoong. There is much that we have to tell you, but maybe we should postpone it to a day when you can take all the information you will hear.” Yamapi said as he handed him a thick folder. “Open this when you are ready to face who you are. We won’t force you to do anything, but just think it over, will you?” He assured him.

The weight of the folder felt like lead in Jaejoong’s hands. He hated deciding on his own about certain things, but this was about his life before now. This was the life he had left behind in exchange for a new beginning. He had the free choice of finding out who he was but never acted out on it in fear that he would find out that all of them might be dead, or they might find him changed. Looking at Han Geng, he asked, “What…what did you tell the tailor when he asked you where you got the clothing from…?”

“I told him I got it from a traveling junk dealer. I lied to him and said I was just curious as to the origin of the wonderful embroidery and had wanted to do business with him the next time I am in the capital.” Han Geng answered. “He didn’t look too pleased, but he let me go and went to business mode. I don’t know exactly if he will tell the family, but as soon as I left there, my crew were ready to get out of the capital so we left before the day was out.” Jaejoong didn’t need to ask Han Geng why he did that. If the tailor really is in contact with his supposed family, they might send someone to watch or capture Han Geng the moment they get suspicious of his intentions.

Nodding to himself, Jaejoong stood up. “I…I need to go.” He said abruptly as he ran towards the door to his quarters. Yamapi and Han Geng had not the heart to go after him, knowing he needed time to process such an information.

Things are now coming to light.

But at what cost?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Three days have passed since the revelation in Yamapi’s study, but still, Jaejoong didn’t have the heart to open the envelope that the older man had given him. The day after that, Jaejoong had carried on as if nothing happened, prompting the two that he doesn’t want to talk about it, and hinted that he didn’t open the information that Yamapi had handed to him.

Of course, that did not mean that no one noticed the somber mood that Jaejoong had brought upon himself and those near him these past three days. The prince, in particular didn’t put any mind to it the first two days, thinking that it would pass, as the staff normally see Jaejoong in that state when he is worrying about something.

But it came at a last straw during lessons. Yuta noticed while taking his test that Jaejoong seemed to be out of it and was always deep in thought. He had been done with the exercises for the past five minutes, but Jaejoong had been too out of it to notice that he had finished writing.

“Sensei.” He called.

When no reply was heard, he decided to tap him on the shoulder, “Jae-sensei?” Jaejoong jolted in surprise as he saw the prince looking at him with a concerned face. “Jae-sensei, is there something wrong?”

“Ah...I’m alright, Yuta.” Jaejoong assured him.

Three seconds passed, and Jaejoong thought he got away, but he quickly took that conclusion aside when Yuta sighed, as if giving up on minding his own business.

“No you’re not,” Yuta objected as he settled the exercise papers he completed on the other side of the desk. He knew there was something wrong, and by all means, he will help him solve it, just to get him out of this mood, “Jae-sensei, you’ve been out of it for three days. You always seem to be deep in thought all the time that you tend to forget where you are, like when we dueled yesterday, I almost singed your face had I not warned you to dodge. There was even a time when you had been silent for thirty minutes even though I have been telling you about my letters from my friend. You would normally tell me to return to my studies when I stall and start to babble, but you just hummed in dismissal.”

Upon hearing the concerns of his student, shame flooded Jaejoong at his carelessness. How could he be so insensitive of the people around him? He was so focused in debating with himself whether he should find out who he is or not by opening the file that Yamapi had given him. He had been so preoccupied about everything regarding it that he ignored the looks that everyone gave him, full of worry on whether or not he would be alright.

Sagging his shoulders in defeat, he smiled at him weakly, “I’m sorry if I made you worry. Rest assured, I’ll take care of my personal matters quickly and will be sure not to reflect it to everyone in the vicinity.” He assured Yuta.

Yuta just sighed in frustration. “That’s not it, Jae-sensei.” he stated. “Please, whatever it is, I hope it gets resolved soon.”

Jaejoong could only nod in promise.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It took one week for Jaejoong to open the files.

Jaejoong had locked himself in his room on his day off. He had asked not to be disturbed by anyone. The only company he accepted were Koko’s and Nene’s, as the cats refused to make him face the information on his own.

Even though he locked himself in his room all morning, all he could do was stare at the folder like it would suddenly spring alive and grow deadly claws or razor-sharp teeth and eat him in one gulp.

But he knew he needed to see this. For the past few days, he had thought about his past life more than he had the past five years. He had simply not cared that he had left behind a life and had started a new one after three months of trying to find out if he could get his memories back. Now that he thought about it, he thought that he was being a little selfish. He was being insensitive. While he was starting his new life, there might have been someone out there who has been searching for him for the past two years, and who probably gave up thinking that he was dead.

Jaejoong caressed the cats on his lap and sighed. “For the sake of my peace of mind, I have to find out who I am.” He told them.

With no one to stop him, Jaejoong opened the folder that he had been dreading and saw that there were multiple files. Picking the one on the front, he braced himself to what he would see. When he opened the folder, the only thing he could do was stare in shock, paralyzed. There, on the file were pictures of him, looking elegant and sophisticated in his slicked back hair and an unfamiliar soft eyes. From his childhood to his adolescence, there were pictures of him in close up, full body, in family and group pictures, and in his recent years, he noticed that there were pictures of him with a taller man with black hair, his arm around his waist smiling, as if they were rarely seen apart.

The only difference was that they seem to sometimes be with three other people, one with large baby deer-like eyes wearing armor, most likely a high-ranking military official, another was a man who looked to be a minister of the imperial court, and the third person had the attire of an Imperial Shaman. He noticed that he was frequently wearing red robes with detailed golden and silver embroidery on them. There was also a photo of him and two young men, around the age of Yuta or younger, whose dimpled smiles made his heart melt. Another photo showed him with another young man who was almost a younger version or a carbon copy of him.

What surprised him more than his pictures was the information he was scanning. Each information making his heart stop.

Name: His Imperial Highness Kim-Jung Jaejoong

Title/s:

Imperial Consort to Emperor Jung Yunho of the Empire of Korea

Imperial Mage of the Empire of Korea

Imperial Tutor to Crown Prince Jung Jaehyun, Grand Prince Jung Moonbin and Royal Prince Consort Lee-Jung Taeyong

Date of Birth: January 26, 1986

Age: Twenty-five (at time of disappearance)

Place of Birth: Gongju, Empire of Korea

Parents: Minister Kim Sejong and Court Lady Kim Haneul of the Kim Noble Family

Sibling/s: Court Lady Kim Yoosoon, Scholar Kim Sooyoung, Court Lady Kim Sookjin, Court Lady Kim Mikyeong, Court Physician Kim Ahyoung, Court Lady Kim Minkyung, Scholar Jinhee, Court Lady Kim Kim Seonhee

Child/ren: Crown Prince Jung Jaehyun (adoption) and Grand Prince Jung Moonbin (magical surrogacy)

Case:

HIH Consort Kim-Jung Jaejoong was to travel from the Imperial Palace in Seoul to the Island of Jeju to attend the wedding fo Minister Park Yoochun and the Imperial Shaman Kim Junsu aboard the Royal Vessel, Cassiopeia.

Captain Song and his crew claimed that they were attacked by an obscured magician which they could not recognize due to enchantments. The magician was reported to have been engaged in battle against Imperial Consort Kim and when it was imminent that the attacker would lose, it used the entire crew as bargaining chips in order to capture the Imperial Consort.

He had accepted the bargain and was taken by the sorcerer but not before it destroyed the vessel but left the boats intact to row to Jeju, in which the crew reached in the span of twelve hours and reported the incident.

Search parties were sent by Emperor Yunho to find his husband, and has been ongoing since then. The Imperial Family has long stated that they have ways to find out if the Imperial Consort is deceased or not, and they will be honest with the public once more information has been gathered to this heinous attack to one of the most influential Imperial Consorts in recorded history.

At that point, Jaejoong has had enough and snapped the file close and dropped it carelessly at the desk with a loud thud, startling the cats on his lap. The cats were about to protest when they saw their master covering his face in distress and disbelief about what he had read. The cats, being perceptive and sensitive to the roller coaster emotions of their master, knew that their master was not taking the information that he had learned in the papers.

Attempting to calm him, the two of them started to rub on his leg while purring. It took a few moments before Jaejoong went back to his senses and saw that his cats were once again, calming him down to think.

“Koko…Nene…” Jaejoong murmured as he looked at his cats. He then stared back at the file that revealed his identity. From the pictures of him that was now scattered across the table and the information about the family that made him warm all over, he knew that it was really him.

There was no mistaking it. He was Kim Jaejoong, the Imperial Consort.

And he has been missing for the past five years.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Where’s the one he used to know

It seems so long ago

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

To Be Continued