Stuck on you, by your side

Stuck On You, By Your Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was an ordinary day. Ordinary life for Irene. Just going to school and yeah go home again with no interest with no such excitement even a little bit.

Since her mom asked her to shift course she already lost interest in studying. Like what's the sense of going to school if the course you have is not what you like right? If that's not related to the future work you dreamed of.

Some of her past units was carried to her mom's choice of course. Instead of her being a fourth year college now she became third year because her units didn't passed. But she already accepted it though. One more week before she'll enter her last year so what's the deal?

She's not a regular student. She has more vacant time than the other because some of the subject she already took it for the past two years and she just finished her summer class which is required in order for her to be a regular in her next sem. She's always alone. She's not even interested going to caf instead she will starve herself and just eat at their house after school.

Is she a loner? Or she just love being alone? Or maybe she just don't want to communicate with people? In their school you might think she doesn't have friends. She always wear her cold expression with her "I don't care about the others" thing but she has friends you know. Probably its just singular because she only have one the other was her younger sister. Or maybe she really has no friend because the other one which considered as "friend" is her cousin. Either way though. Atleast she has someone to lean on.

----------

Its her first Saturday class. Again, required for her course which she always hate because there's such things that her course requires for. Its not that she doesn't enjoy her course, but she really don't enjoy it just one bit.

She sure, she knows she's already late for school but who cares right. It will just be a boring class in a freaking weekend and take note. All the other major of her course will be joining together so she expected a really huge crowd for them and she's really not into it. Merging with other majors never been her dream or she never imagined it.

"Hey, miss. You're late"

Voice that she heard two steps when she enter the room. Irene don't know why she gulp and why that voice is somewhat music to her ear. It was so gentle, so soft that she already froze from where she's standing.

"Miss, i'm talking to you"

Irene gulped again and she hardly closed her eyes before she turn her back to where the voice is coming from. Her eyes widen and she did another gulp. Her heart feels like it's racing, pumping too much blood and for one bit maybe, just maybe it will explode from nowhere.

"Miss, hey, i'm talking to you"

She's back from her daydreaming, from how she's dazed from the person infront of her which cause her heart to beat madly and wants to come out in her body at any moment now.

"I-i-m s-sorry, ma'am. I-i am late"

She vowed after she spoke and ready to take the sprint going to the vacant seat she found.

"Wait"

The instructor told her again and it stopped her. She swear and curses multiple times now in her mind because this is so embarrassing now. All of her classmates are looking at her. The attention was with her. The first time people noticed her existence.

"Did I already allowed you to enter the room, miss?"

The instructor asked. Her eyes widened again with shock. She never expect this will happen and in her freaking first Saturday class.

"Kidding. You may take your seat now and please don't be late again. Its the first.Saturday class and so in order this won't happen again. I need you to write a promissory note"

And before Irene could complain. She just nodded and hurriedly went to a vacant seat. Another swear again in her mind. The first time she'll do a promissory note in her entire life.

She don't even understand herself why she got lost with her instructor. She's been late to other classes but never that stuttering type of talking. Maybe because of the crowd or something. Her deep thoughts got interrupted when she felt her seatmate poked her arm.

"What was just happened, Irene", her friend Joy asked or we can say her cousin.

"I don't know. I've become a stuttering mess all of a sudden", Irene said while she played on the hem of her shirt.

"Okay class. Get settled now"

Their instructor said when she's finished fixing her powerpoint and projector for their lesson of the day that was interrupted before because of Irene.

"As what i'm saying a while back. I'll be the one that was assigned to be your speaker today, which I can't assure you that i'll be your permanent instructor of this subject"

Everyone says awe to what she said because who wouldn't want her to be their instructor right? Swear, she was good looking.

"Anyways, before we continue let me introduce myself first", she clears . "My name is Seulgi Kang, a fresh graduate and finally had my license. Currently taking my masters degree that's why i'm not sure if i'll be your permanent instructor because you know, busy"

After her not so long speech she placed her charming smile in her face surely everyone melted with it and she vowed after.

Seulgi Kang

----------

After Irene got home from school. The name of her instructor kept playing in her mind and making her heart flutter for the first time. The first time she felt her heart alive, she felt reason to live, reason to go to school, reason not to be late and reason to be excited in studying from now on. She's the reason, that girl.

Kang Seulgi

Kang Seulgi

Kang Seulgi

Kang Seulgi

Kang Seulgi

From that day forward. Irene can't keep her eyes off from Seulgi. When she pass by the department office she makes sure she sees Seulgi there and if not she will go to her table and quickly leave for Seulgi not to encounter her and will never had an idea that she's the one leaving love letters at her table.

After she left another love letter to Seulgi's office. She went to the bench waiting for Joy to arrive. She started her deep thoughts again. How she can't stop herself from giving Seulgi a love letter. From thinking that she wants to be Seulgi's girlfriend and what if she asks her going out on a date but how could be? Seulgi doesn't even know that Irene is the one giving love letters to her every single day. Deep thoughts makes the situation harder.

"Yah! What are you thinking?"

Joy finally joined her in the bench which makes Irene flinched causing her to slap Joy's arm real hard.

"Yah! Don't you dare do that again"

Irene protested and Joy just laugh even her arm hurt because of the slap.

"Hey, Joy"

Irene's facial expression suddenly changes. The serious one. The don't-mess-up-with-me look which Joy got chills.

"Rene, you're scaring me. What's with that expression?"

Joy suddenly taken aback and stare at Irene's facial expression haven't changed just one bit. After a while Irene finally look at Joy.

"Do you know some things about that Seulgi Kang?"

Joy was about to tease Irene but changed her mind. For sure this is not the best time to seeing Irene's facial expression she's ready to kill.

"You haven't seen her last year?"

Irene moved her had from left to right as a sign of no. Surely she doesn't, she always lock herself out of the world though. So how could she know about this Seulgi Kang.

"Well, I just know that she's a year older than me and you're a year older than her"

Irene should've been graduated two years ago but because she shift her course she was delayed for two years that's why her year leveled with Joy.

"Oh. I remember. She's just a replacement instructor for the subject because the school haven't found anyone yet to be a regular instructor. She's brainy as they said, she currently taking her masters degree every Sunday and teaches every weekdays and be our instructor every Saturday. No one knows if she'll pursue teaching though"

Joy shrugs after she finished her sentence. Irene has to think straight. What if Seulgi won't pursue teaching. Will she ever see her again? What about her plan to be her girlfriend? You might see Irene being a cold hearted woman but she's giddy to one and only, Seulgi Kang.

"I want her to be my girlfriend"

She mumbles but surely and clearly Joy heard it right.

"Damn it, Irene. She don't even know you. How can you make her as your girlfriend?"

Joy pats Irene's head and smirked. Well, Joy's right though, she doesn't even know Irene, only those love letters she's placing on her table, being her student in every Saturday class, no more, no less.

"I'm leaving love letters at her table every lunch break"

Irene admitted while she looked away at Joy's possible expression and she knew she's already blushing from the sudden confession.

"You're really inlove with her, don't you?"

Irene felt her heart skip a bit by just hearing the word love. Did she really love Seulgi? Is it possible to be love? Maybe? Maybe not? But she places love letters on her table. Freaking "love" letters. So it must be love.

"I'll confess to her after class. Its now or never. I won't take the risk though. What ifs and buts should get out of the way. Better than regretting all of it in the future"

Her determined facial expression came up while Joy can't help but to smile.

"Wow. You're really into her, Bae huh?"

Its true. It's the first time Irene became like this. Who cares anyway. Everyone has their own kind of change and coming out from her own shell feels like a good change for her and it's only because of a certain person.

Seulgi Kang

----------

When the last period ended. Irene went to the comfort room to fix herself. Ofcourse, who would want to face their crush or their future girlfriend or what else you name it.

She directly went to the parking lot which she also memorize Seulgi's plate number. She never imagined she'll be this kind of stalker or deeply inlove with Seulgi. Just by the thought of deeply inlove she already knew she's blushing.

When she finally lift her head she already saw Seulgi walking from the distant and saw her wearing her charming smile. Irene curses under her breath because damn, who wouldn't fell from that beautiful smile of hers.

But the attention of Seulgi from Irene got cut when someone approaches Seulgi and had a little talk about something she didn't know and ended it with a hug.

Irene didn't know what to feel but her foot wants to exit the parking lot now after she saw they already break the hug. Seulgi looked at her before she turned her back. Is she jealous? Why would she be? She's not her girlfriend though. She shakes her head to wash the thoughts on her head when she felt someone grips her arm.

"Hey, miss. Wait"

That familiar voice. That gentle voice that became the music on her ear. Her attention goes to the hand that was holding her arm and then went straight to the eye of the person.

"Oh. I'm sorry. Did it hurts?"

The person changes her expression and now worried that she hurts Irene. The sudden heartbeat, the sudden skip, the sudden feeling of her intestines that was curled inside her. The slow motion of the scene. The sunset that directly shines in her coffee brown eyes. Damn. Kang Seulgi.

"H-hey"

The only words that came out of after she face Seulgi. She should be eaten by the ground now because of embarrassment.

"Why are you leaving all of a sudden? I saw you infront of my car. I assume i'm the one you're looking for?"

After she finished her sentence, that was it again, the grin with her crescent shape eyes when she smiles. I hate her. I kept falling just by staring at this scene.

"I---. Uh... I'm.... Uhhh"

Irene became a stuttering mess again talking to her. Why is it so hard to just confess what her feelings to her? Damn.

"Can you date me?"

Both of them shocked at the sudden confession. Even Irene also shocked on what she just said and covered because of it.

"I mean. Uh. Yeah. I----"

"So, you're the one who's giving love letters to me everytime i'm not in my table"

Before Irene could continue. She's already cut by Seulgi.

"Yeah"

Irene could just mumble but surely Seulgi heard it because its's just the two of them in the pathway, students and teachers already went home so there's no such vehicle could make some noice now.

"I knew it"

Seulgi said it with pride and ofcourse Irene had another shocked face.

"How did you know?"

Irene asked in confusion which she grip on the side by side of her knapsack while looking at the ground.

"Well, when I saw the first letter you put in there. I suddenly remember I saw that handwriting before but I can't remember when. Then the letters kept coming day by day so then I remember where I saw the handwriting. I saw it in the promissory note you gave me when you were late"

Seulgi explains and Irene's already burning in red. She can't help herself not to blush to the things she as hearing though.

"And a while back. One sentence caught me in your letter. "What if I would ask you for a date and make you my girlfriend, would you even say yes but this is not a question rather its a wish"

Irene can't help herself now, she's already drowning or step by step being buried from where she's standing. She's so embarrass but no regret at all. She realized she's just expressing herself.

"So. What if. What if I asked you to date me and be my girlfriend. Will you grant that wish?"

You really don't understand what Irene's next move or what's in her mind. For a moment she's nervous but then just a split second you'll see her being determined.

She didn't hear any response from Seulgi which made her more nervous. Maybe, maybe the love letters has no effect. Maybe she didn't feel anything. Maybe its not enough or i'm not enough. Or whatever could be the reason. If she wants to, she could answer straightforwardly but she's just staring at me.

"So I am rejected, didn't I?"

----------

Days, weeks, months passed by after Irene's confession to Seulgi. She's still can't believe what happened that day. Those words that came out on Seulgi's mouth kept playing in her head. She already memorize it anyways.

"You know the first time I saw you. That day you're late. I don't like you. I don't like students coming to school late nor don't prioritize studying. But when you suddenly stutter and I witnessed how your cheeks became as red as tomato, I felt my heart already wanted to come out. When I knew you're the one who's sending those love letters I felt pupa already coming out to its cocoon to become butterfly and flies inside me. Woah. I can't even describe the effect of feeling you gave me"

After Seulgi's long sentence she rub the back of her neck and it's crystal clear that her cheeks are now turning into red. Redder than a tomato.

"So I am not rejected? I can date you? Like girlfriends?"

After Irene asked this she suddenly became shy and Seulgi thought for a bit. Nothing's wrong if they try right? Being with someone is not about how long or how short they've known each other. What's important is you feel something unexplainable everytime you see that person and Irene is the only one who could give that feeling to her. Love at first sight? Maybe no, maybe it's soulmate, that's when you already met the one you're going to love, you'll just feel it, you don't know why, you don't know when, you just know you feel it.

"Maybe we should try?"

Seulgi finally said it and you can't explain the looks from Irene but she knew to herself she became the happiest college girl that day.

Even they're already dating, Irene never forget to still give letters and now she added petal of sunflower on it. She never runout of petal anyways because she planted at her backyard. Even they're together now, she kept courting Seulgi because it's what she knew that's right. She's courting Seulgi not just to be her girlfriend but to be her wife to be and she swears to herself she'll never stop courting her.

Irene suddenly out of her thoughts when she saw Seulgi talking to a girl after class ended. She's not jealous, she told herself. Why would she be. She knows their relationship should be a secret until she will graduate. That's why they keeping it lowkey. Lowkey that they only see each other and be together at Friday afternoon.

Seulgi saw her run into the parking lot. At this moment Seulgi already know what's up so she run after her when she said goodbye to the one she's talking to.

"Hey. Irene. Talk to me"

She said to her after they're already inside her car. You know, talking publicly is not safe so they decided to enter the car when they already made sure no one's around.

"Irene"

Seulgi said softly which made Irene unexpectedly stared at her.

"Why don't you continue to talk with your girls. You seem so happy doing that"

Irene glared at her but Seulgi is not threatened. They already talked about this a lot of times. Which Seulgi always said she don't like them and it's only Irene she likes.

"I have a confession to make"

Seulgi said and Irene suddenly taken aback about the sudden voice and stare. Seulgi looks so serious and now the threatened one is Irene. What ifs running through her mind now. What if Seulgi's already tired of this kind of attitude she has. What if she already realized she's so tiring to be with. Irene bit her lower lip and lower her gaze breaking their eye contact. Trying not to cry.

"I'm talking to girls before I knew you, i'm hugging them before I knew you. I'm laughing, listening attentively to them when they have something to say before I knew you"

By the sudden confession Irene felt she's breaking into pieces. Ofcourse, Seulgi has a point, she's right, there's them before her. So what's the deal? She came after them and she can't erase them all at once just because she's already at the drawing. Seulgi held her chin to face her. But Irene's gaze looks at the side.

"But they never let me feel what I felt for you when I saw you, when i'm talking to you, when i'm listening to your unending stories. This effect that I only feel when i'm with you. Feels like i'm stuck with you, in your side that i'm not willing to spare myself into you anymore, Irene. I chose you because you're the one I like. Even if I knew them before you, Irene. Can't you just trust my words? That it's only you that I like? Irene, you're the only"

Seulgi cupped her cheeks and Irene finally looked at her. She saw how sincere Seulgi's words. How she said all of it coming from her heart. She's melting at her gaze. This feeling that only Seulgi could give her.

"I'm sorry"

The only words that come out to Irene's mouth. She knew it's her fault. She's guilty. That's what missing to her, trust. Irene should give all her trust just like how Seulgi trust her, trust what they have. She stared Seulgi's features. From her eyes, to nose, to lips then she gulps. She went closer to Seulgi's face and kissed her forehead.

"I love you"

"I love you"

----------

Irene's cooking dinner for Seulgi. Their relastionship is already public now. After Irene graduated and exactly at their graduation, they announced their relationship. Seulgi also graduated with her masters degree, finally. After their long ride, their fights, their frustrations coming out from each other. They maintain their relationship and stayed stuck with each other's side.

While she's preparing for the table. She heard Seulgi's already home. Sweaty with her messy bun, wearing her glasses, her brown coat, black jeans, her sneakers. From head to toe she always find Seulgi y wearing this kind of outfit and she can't help herself not to fall for her again and again. She's dazed, she gulps, feels fry. She's out of her daydreaming when she felt Seulgi's lips on her forehead.

"I know i'm this attractive and hot and y that you can't help yourself to drool over me while your mouth open"

Seulgi felt that hard slap at her arm when Irene heard what she said.

"You wish!"

Irene felt her cheeks become red so she hide it by slapping Seulgi's arm but she just laugh at her while she went to their room to fix herself. While Irene continued to fix the table so when Seulgi come dinner is ready.

"So how's your day?"

"Not that good. Not that bad. Atleast I handled it all day, right?"

"Did you think of me?"

"I guess i'll never stop thinking of you. It's like an everyday routine now, Irene"

"I hate how cheesy you are sometimes"

"Hey, you love it and i'm not cheesy sometimes you know. I'm always sweet"

"Only for me"

"Ofcourse. Only for you, the one and only Irene the great"

Before Irene could talk. She saw Seulgi spill sauce in the side of her lips. So Irene wiped it with her thumb and it after. Seulgi felt her heart beats so fast, so mad, so, so, so extraordinary because of what Irene just did. It was so amazing that the Irene effect still there. The sudden weird beating of her heart is still there.

"Seul. Are you okay?"

Her deep thoughts got interrupted when she heard Irene. But her fast heartbeat is still there.

"Are you alright? Are you sick?

"No. I'm fine. Just. I'm. Its fine. I'm not sick"

"Yah. You're a stuttering mess. So weird"

"Because you make my heart skip a beat and weirdly beat so fast"

"You can't blame the Irene effect, Seul"

"Irene effect. Huh. How's review anyways?"

"I didn't review today. Because tomorrow is the exam so I decided to rest my mind just for a day and relax"

"That's good. Atleast you're relaxed now"

Seulgi didn't know that Irene is so nervous for the upcoming licensure examination. She tried to rest all day but she failed. She kept thinking the result. Many what if again. What if she'll fail. What if she won't make it. What if her mind forget all the things she learned and reviewed.

She tried to sleep all night but ended up with 5 hours of sleep. She don't know what she's feeling. It's a mixed emotions, excited, nervous and she felt something's crashing in her stomach all of a sudden.

"Hey. Look at me"

Seulgi spoke up and stopped the car to hold Irene's hand. She kissed the back of Irene's palm and caress it with her thumb.

"Rene, it will be alright okay?"

"Are you nervous before? When you took the exam?"

"Ofcourse I am. I peed like a hundred times before the exam but the day of exam I can't even pee"

Irene didn't know if she will laugh of what Seulgi said or she's serious about it. But she knows Seulgi was just trying to calm and comfort her.

"Werw you afraid before? Like, the thought of not passing the exam?"

"Ofcourse I am afraid. But i'm more afraid of the thought that all I learned and reviewed might be wasted just because i'm nervous taking the exam so I tried to calm and focus"

Irene felt more comfortable now to take the exam. Yes, she needs to focus. She don't want all she learned and reviewed will be wasted. Same as her time and effort.

"You'll do great. Okay? You'll passed it. Just believe in yourself and focus. Alright?"

Irene just nodded and Seulgi kissed her forehead one last time before she hugged her so tight.

"Thank you for everything"

"You are my everything"

----------

Months and months have past until its been a year since Irene passed her licensure examination. She was unsure back then. She can't sleep every night. She can't be productive at days pass by. Ofcourse, Seulgi never leave her side. She will bought carrot cake everyday when her work was over. This is to atleast erase her frustrations. Seriously, how depressing it is to think about licensure exam? That depends your future though.

Unexplainable feeling. Irene jumped tirelessly when she found out the result that she passed. She hugged Seulgi, tighter and tighter and tighter. She also cried in her arms. It is not because she's sad though. But she's the happiest, tears of joy perhaps.

"Irene! Geez i've been calling your name for the nth time. What were you thinking? Ugh"

Her younger sister, Yeri who's calling her a lot of times but she's stuck locking her gaze at her license. Maybe she's still can't believe she passed the exam.

"Why? What do you need, Yeri?"

"Geez, is it not you who told me that Lisa will asked Jennie tonight to be her girlfriend? And Seulgi asked you to help her friend, oh I mean, our friend because you know better about Jennie, damn"

"Oh right. I'm sorry. Just----"

"Ssshhh. Stop talking now. Rosie is already there parcticing her song and I can't find Joy. Where the freak is she now"

Irene just shrugged in response now. Sometimes you can't identify who's older between them because most of the time Yeri act as Irene's older sister, always mad or angry or grumpy. You name it. But Irene always the good sister though. She'll just let her sister act like that. What else she could do anyway. That brat, you can't get on her way. What she wants, what she gets. That's her rule.

"Hey"

Seulgi noticed Irene looking to the newly couple, Lisa and Jennie, Seulgi's friends since college. She looks so amazed by the setting.

"Yeah?"

Irene finally looked at Seulgi and she noticed her girlfriend with teary-eyed.

"Hey. What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Just, i'm so happy about them"

"Is that the only reason?"

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter