Part 6

My Introvert Girl

Author's POV

Everyone is gathering on the volleyball court, they came to watch the game. Today the semi-finals would be held. Of course Mina came to see it too, she wanted to cheer for Chaeyoung. Yesterday she can't watch them played, because she have something to do. Her teacher ask for her help. 
She's really excited, she never saw Chaeyoung this past few days. 

I need to hurry, the match would be started in a few minutes.
Mina run outside her class, quickly made her way towards the volleyball court. When she arrived, someone she waited to saw is already there.

Chaengie....
Smile start to grow on her face, she stared at the girl. But then Mina frowned.

Why did she looks so worried.
She doesn't look good.
Is she nervous?
But she trembled so much.
Is she forced to do this?

The sight in front of her, has made Mina feel hurt. Chaeyoung on this states, she didn't like it. Then, Mina hear something that make her want to choke someone.

"Hey, you see that girl? She's the one who can't even do 'service' yesterday. I bet she would just be a burden, and make her team lose." Mina turn her face, searching for the one who just say that. There is two girl stood beside her, they pointed at Chaeyoung.

"Excuse me, what did you just said. If you can't say anything good than you better shut your mouth. You don't know how hard she practiced when you just stay at your home being lazy all day. You just a trash stop talking about her." Mina is really mad now, after hearing that the other girls quickly go away, afraid that Mina would beat them if they stayed any longer. 

The whistle sound can be heard, that's mean the game started. Mina quickly turn her head towards them. Watching the two different team competition. Mina keep her eyes staring at Chaeyoung the whole time. She can see it, the pain in her face(?)

What happens?
Chaeyoungie.... 
Is she scared? But why?

It's the last point, who ever get the point would be the winner. And you know what happen next.
When everyone busy, surrounded the winner. Mina saw Chaeyoung run away, she quickly following her.

_____________

In a cafe not so far from their school, Mina and Chaeyoung sit in front of each other. After Chaeyoung start to calming down, Mina bring her to the nearest cafe. Chaeyoung just let her, not rejecting at all. Chaeyoung knows if she's with Mina that's mean everything would be alright.

None of them trying to speak, they just sat quietly enjoying each other company. After a while their order has arrived, Americano for Mina and Vanilla latte for Chaeyoung. Mina grab her drink and take a sip, her gaze never left Chaeyoung. While the latter just staring outside the window.
Mina put her cup back, and take a deep breath.

"Chaengie, it's been a long time since the last time we meet. How's your exam?" Mina trying to open a conversations, Chaeyoung bring her eyes up meeting Mina's face.

"I studied really hard and fortunately i got a good grades. How about you?" Mina smiled at her.

I missed her voice.
"Me too, i need to work harder than everyone so i can be the first rank on my class."

"And you did well, you got the highest score right?" Chaeyoung's smile start to become visible.

Mina nodded her head, her smile start getting wider after seeing Chaeyoung's smile.

"You must be really busy because everytime I'm trying to approach you. You would quickly go away, i thought you have something to do, Chaengie."
Chaeyoung didn't know what to say.

Should i tell her the truth?
"Hmm... yeah i was a little bit busy. Sorry Mina." Chaeyoung answered with an awkward laugh.

Chaengie....
Just admit it, you are trying to avoid me.

Mina just staring at her as if her eyes said i-don't-believe-it. Chaeyoung's laugh stopped, now she's staring at Mina with nervously. She let out a sigh.

"Okay... honestly i'm not that busy, i just trying to avoid you." Her eyes wondering at anywhere but Mina.
Mina's gaze softened she grab Chaeyoung's hand, made the smaller one would look into her face.

"Why? You don't like it when we talk together? Did you feel uncomfortable around me?" Still holding her hand.
Chaeyoung's face start to heating up, she stared at their intertwined hand.

"N-no it's not... it's not like that, i like it when we spent time together." Chaeyoung mumbled the last word while pouting.Mina can't help, she really want to pinch her cheeks. 

SON CHAEYOUNG HOW CAN YOU BECOME THIS CUTE?!?!
Sbfgbdhdb I need to calming my heart.

Mina shake her head.
"Why did you do it then?" Trying to say it with a calm tone. Chaeyoung pulled her hand, she grab her Vanilla latte and drink it a bit. She put it back and inhale deeply.

"That time, the first day school begins. I'm planning to go to your class, but then i saw you chatting with your friend. So i thought i would just came again next time. And then when break time started, I'm trying to approach you again. But i saw you walk past my class while laughing with your friends. I thought you already forgot about me, and choose to hang out with your new friends because i'm boring." Chaeyoung staring at the ground.

Mina let out a sigh.
"Chaengie, that time when you saw me chatting with jihyo. At first i was about to go to see you, but jihyo called me so i talk to her first. And then i saw you heading towards your class without greeting me, i was wondering if i did something wrong that time. So when break time coming i want to saw you, but when i arrived in front of your class it's already empty. I'm sorry Chaeyoung, i didn't mean to made you feel left out."

After hearing that statement, the latter bring her face up meeting Mina's sparkling eyes. It's felt so warm, she like it. Now the two of them smiled sincerely towards each other. No one speaks but it's not awkward at all. They feel comfortable enjoying each other company.

"So, it's just misunderstanding. That's mean we are good now?" Mina nodded as an answer.

"Mina, let's promise then if there's any problems between us. We would talk about it first so there wouldn't be any misunderstanding." Chaeyoung bring her pinky finger up.

"Pinky promise?" The taller just nodded she hooked their pinky finger together. They stayed like that for a while and then start bursting to laugh.

Mina thank you...
Really thank you.

They began to stop laughing, but their smile never gone.

"Mina... thank you, thank you for everything." Mina can feel it, Chaeyoung saying that word with all her heart. Instead of answering, she just stay silent and slowly hold Chaeyoung's hand. She rub it slowly with her thumb. But then she stopped.

Why did her hand full of bruises.
Mina's smile dropped, she bring her gaze back toward Chaeyoung. The latter just staring back with a confused face.

"Chaengie your hand..." Mina touch her bruises softly while looking at it.
"Is it hurt?" Mina bring her eyes up, looking for answers from the latter.

"Uhm... a little bit. Don't worry it would get better soon." Chaeyoung gave her an i'm-okay smile. But you know Mina won't believe it.

"Stay still, i think i brought it..." Mina start to search something inside her bag. She let out an ointment, and start to open it.

"Give me you hand." Chaeyoung just obey it without questioning anything. Mina start to apply it softly in her bruises afraid it would hurting the latter. While Mina is busy treating her bruises. Chaeyoung just staring at her with a lovely eyes.

Mina notice it, and her face start turning into a pink shades. She can feel her heart pounding faster. She quickly finished and put back the ointment inside her bag. Chaeyoung know the latter is flustered, but she just continue staring while her dimple can be seen.

She's so cute,
If just i could keep her in my pocket.

At this point Chaeyoung already forgot about what just happen earlier. A few minutes ago she's crying in Mina's arm, but now she's smiling with her. She felt really thankful for her.

Mina..
Having you by my side is a blessing.

Mina on the other way, still blushing because of how Chaeyoung looking at her. But then she remembered something.

Should i...
Should i ask her?

"Chaengie, about before... can i ask you something?" Mina said hesitantly.

"Hm.. just say it." Chaeyoung still has her smile but she can't deny that she got a little bit nervous. 

"When i saw you before, when you playing volleyball. I saw your face, you look scared and also your body is trembling. What's wrong?" Mina said carefully.

All the memory from yesterday and today's event start to playing inside her mind. All the bitter memories, she remember all of it. At first Chaeyoung wasn't sure if she wants to say it or not. But when she saw Mina's face, all her worry is gone. 

"U-uh Chaengi you don-" Before Mina finished, Chaeyoung already interrupt her.

"Mina.. it's okay i would tell you." Chaeyoung smiled, she want Mina to know that it's okay to ask it.

"So i would tell you from the start. When school sports competition is started, Jeongyeon choose me to join her volleyball team. I can't reject it because i know i never done something for my class. We spent one whole week to prepare, we practice everyday. Even when they take a break i'm still practiced because i know i need to be better so we can won." Chaeyoung let out a sigh, Mina notice that she wasn't feel good. So she held her hand and caressing it with her thumb. Chaeyoung gave her a little smile and continued her story.

"Yesterday the first match, i'm trying to do 'service' but since my hand full of bruises it's hard for me to do it. When i hit the ball, my hands got really hurt. So i didn't hit it strong enough, and i end up giving a score for them. I saw Jeongyeon and she said it's okay, she trying to cheer me up. But i can hear many people laughing at me that's made me felt insecure. At the end we managed to win because of Jeongyeon." Mina still listening, she can feel her sadness.

"I feel bad so i excused my self and take a walk alone in the garden. I'm crying alone in there, and then i decided to go home. That time i really felt like nothing and useless, i keep crying until i fall asleep. I decided that tomorrow i won't go to school and play again. But then in the morning Momo called me, she said if i felt bad about yesterday instead of running away i should be faced my problem and prove it that i can do better. So today i came, but.... it's just get worse." Chaeyoung's vision start to get blurry because of her tears. Mina notice it, she stand up and go sit beside her. Chaeyoung glanced at Mina and start to continue again.

"I'm trying to do my best. I practiced everyday but that wasn't enough. When i saw there's so many people in there, i got nervous. I'm afraid i would do something wrong. I can't stop trembling, i start to feel insecure. We lose because of me, it's my fault Mina." Chaeyoung can't hold it again, her tears began to flowed.

"Sshh.... Chaengie it's okay, that wasn't your fault. It's okay you can cry now, i'm here for you." Mina start to hug her. She trying to calm her down. She didn't mind her clothes getting wet because of her tears. The only thing that matters now is Chaeyoung. They stayed in that position for a while until Chaeyoung stopped crying. Her sobs still can be heard. 

I feel really safe like this.
If only we can stay like this forever.

Their hug start to loosen. They pulling apart from each other. Mina grab some tissue and wipe Chaeyoung's tears. 

"Feel better?" Mina ask with her soft voice. The latter just nodded as an answer. Chaeyoung drink her Vanilla latte until her cup became half empty. She felt really thirsty after crying too much. Mina take a sip from her cup, and put it back again. She inhale deeply before saying something.

"Chaengie all the things that have been happened, it's not your fault. You work hard for it, but things aren't always good. If you fail you need to try again, that's how life works. It's okay if you wanted to cry, just let it out. But you need to move on, don't be sad for too long." Mina's word is enough to make her feel better.

"Thank you Mina for everything." Mina smiled at her, while mouthing 'no problem'. 

"You know Mina, i like it when we hang out together. Back then i always feel so lonely, i want to approach you but i'm afraid i would disturb your time. So i would end up feeling sad all day." Chaeyoung pout her lips. 

Cute...
"Why did you think like that, you don't know i'm always waiting for you to approach me. Because every time i'm trying to approach you, you would run away as if i'm a bad person." Mina answered with sulking face. 

"And also why did you never text me?"
"Mina... i don't have your number." Chaeyoung answered with a straight face. Mina facepalming herself.

Ugh... stupid Mina.
How can she text you if you NEVER gave her your number. 

Chaeyoung let out a giggle after saw Mina's reaction. She can hear Mina scolded herself and that was pretty cute.

Her smile start to get bigger until her dimple showing. Mina saw that, she felt an urge to poke it. 
And she did. She poke Chaeyoung's dimple. The smaller one start to smile ever wider if that even possible. They bursting laugh out loud but they stopped because someone scold them.

"I'm sorry i forgot to give you my number. Give me you phone." Mina held out her hand. Chaeyoung gave her phone without questioning anything.

Mina type her number and save it. After that she handed Chaeyoung's phone back. Chaeyoung look at her phone and she smiled after saw it.
Mina save her contact as "Minari 🐧".

"Minari? You want me to call you that?" Mina just smile shyly.
"Alright than Minari... that sound cute tho." Chaeyoung .
Mina can feel her cheeks start to heating up. She turn away, looking at anywhere but Chaeyoung. 

"Chaengie stop it..." Mina start whining and guest what happen to Chaeyoung. She almost die because of cuteness. 

I don't know Mina is more beautiful up close. 
And that pout, it's so cute....

They keep telling each other about what happened this whole semester. How their daily life go.
How their exam going.
How they miss each other but none of them manage to say it before.

Mina glanced at her wrist, she gulped her drink until the cup became empty. And turn to face Chaeyoung.

"Chaengie it's already 1 pm. Don't you feel hungry?" Chaeyoung humming for a while before answer it.

"Yeah i haven't eat breakfast yet. The last time i ate was yesterday." Mina nodded and start to thinking.

"Hmm... do you like bulgogi? I know where you can found the most delicious bulgogi. Let's eat together." Mina said excitedly.

__________

"Do you like it?" Chaeyoung was busy munching her food, so she just nodded as an answer. Mina smiled, satisfied because the latter enjoying her food. She start take a bite and process to eat it all.

They are inside a restaurant now, not so big just a small place in the roadside. It's not to crowd, just five people in here include the two of them. The atmosphere is so comfortable, and also the food taste really good. 

I don't know there's place like this.
I definitely should go here again next time.

Chaeyoung munching her food while humming cutely. She is really hungry, she didn't eat breakfast and she has to running all the way toward her school. And also she was crying so much today, it's really drenched all of her strength.

Mina on the other side, also enjoying her food. It didn't took they long to clean up all the plates. And now they are really full. None of them trying to start a conversations, they just sitting there quietly. But it's not awkward at all. 

After cleaning up they walk towards the cashier to pay their bill. Chaeyoung about to grab her money when Mina quickly pay it alone.

"Uh? Mina, you don't need to. I woul-"

"Chaengie it's okay, i would pay today since i was the one who's invite you here." Mina interrupted her.

"Alright then..." Chaeyoung let out a sigh.
"Mina, next time... let's eat together, it's on me." Chaeyoung smiled at her.

Next time...
That's mean we would hang out together again?

"Yeah of course. Chaengie i would accompany you to the bus stop. Let's go?" Mina held out her hand. Chaeyoung take her hand and hold it.

"Yeah let's go." They smiled while walking side to side.

They take the same bus, their house is in the same way. Mina and Chaeyoung just sat beside each other.

"Mina" Mina glanced at her right.
"Yes?"
"What would you doing when holiday season is coming?" 
"Hm.. i think we would go back to Japan. I want to visit my grandma. What about you Chaengie?"

Chaeyoung make a thinking face. 
"I don't know? I don't have a plan yet. But Dahyun said she would go visit me. Maybe i would just hang out with her." 

"That must be fun. I want to go with you too." Mina make a pout face.
"We can go out when you back from Japan right?" After hearing that Mina smiled again.

When they arrived at Chaeyoung's place, they bid good bye towards each other. 

"Minari see you again. Have a nice holiday." Chaeyoung waves her hand.
"Bye Chaengie, you too. And don't forget to text me when you are home." After saying that Chaeyoung get out from the bus and start walking to her home. 

___________

After done showering, Chaeyoung quickly put her clothes on. She grab her phone and began to type something.

Minari🐧

Minari 
I arrived already
How about you?

After waiting a few minutes her phone start buzzing.

Minari🐧

Minari 
I arrived already
How about you?

Seen

I'm already inside my room now.
I was about to take a bath.
When i done, i will text you again.
Wait for me okay?
Bye Chaengie ;)

Chaeyoung let out a squealing noise. She rolled on her bed until she fall and made a big thud sound.

"Chaeyoungie what is that? Are you alright?"
"Yeah Mom i'm okay. Don't worry." 

Chaeyoung get up and climb into her bed again. She took her phone and began typing.

Alright Minari
Even if that took forever i still would waiting for you ;)
Hehe

She put her phone back beside her bed. And start to close her eyes. 

I'm glad i meet you.
And also i'm glad you never leave me when i need you the most.
I'm glad i have someone like you.
Someone that i can relay on.
Thank you Minari.

__________

After she put her clothes on, Mina sat on the edge of her bed. She held her phone and saw the notification. 

Chaengie🐯

Alright Minari
Even if that took forever i still would waiting for you ;)
Hehe

Mina shocked because of the latter answer. But she can't hide her smile. She should admit that she like it when Chaeyoung became cheesy like this. 

Chaengie what are you doing to me?
What is this feeling?
Why did i feel this way?
Is this normal?
We're just friend right?
Are we?

There is too many question that need to be answered. But one thing she know Chaeyoung is not just friend. She's different.
She's special.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hello everyone, i'm sorry its took me too long to update. I was sick so i can't write but now i feel much better. So how's the story, did you like it? Please comment below. See you next time.
-Arzi 🐦