Part 3

My Introvert Girl

Author's POV

Chaeyoung arrived at her house. She went inside her bedroom and throw her body to the bed. 

Huh.... I'm so tired
She felt exhausted, but then she remembered all the time that she spend with Mina. Her smile start to grow. 

She's so pretty, 
Her gummy smile...
Her soft voice....
Her cute mole....

Chaeyoung couldn't help but smile more widely. Then she start to think about something.

What is she doing right now?
Oh right, why didn't I just ask her?

Chaeyoung grab her phone, but then she remembered something.

I don't have her phone number.

Chaeyoung dropped her phone, and rub her head frustratingly. Turning her hair into a mess. 

Ughh.... 
Chaeyoungie how can you forgot to ask her number?!?

She rolled on her bed, and start to whining. But then she heard someone knocking on her room.

"Chaeyoung-ah, hurry take a bath then go downstairs. I would cook for you." It's her mom.

"Yeah mom i will be there in a minutes."
Chaeyoung start to make her way towards her bathroom and taking a bath.

Now she's inside her room again. She finished her food quickly, so she can get back to her bedroom. Her mom even gave her a questioning look. Because usually Chaeyoung would eat slowly. Nothing wrong actually, Chaeyoung just want to lay in her bed this time.

*Bzzt... bbzzzt....

Chaeyoung glanced at the sound. It's her phone, she grab it and then lay on her back again. It's dahyun

DubBro 

Chaeyoungie, how's your day?
Is it good?
Did you made friends?

Hey, dahyunie it's good.
Maybe you won't believe it, but...
I just meet a girl and she's so nice

Chaeyoung put her phone back, and start closing her eyes. A few minutes later, her phone start ringing.

DubBro is calling you

Chaeyoung pick her phone, and hit the green button. 

"Chaeyoungie.... you should tell me, everything that happened today."
Dahyun said excitedly.

"Dahyun slow down, why did you sound so excited?" 
Chaeyoung frowned her brow.

"Chaeyoung-ah you barely talk to people, there must be something with this girl."

"No... it's just, she's so kind and really pretty."
She mumbled the last word.

"Son Chaeyoung, you know i can hear it. You better tell me EVERYTHING." 

"Okay okay dahyunie... I would tell you EVERYTHING." 
Chaeyoung mocked dahyun's 'everything'. Dahyun giggled after hearing chaeyoung's answer.

Chaeyoung tell her how she meet Mina, and all things they do today. Her smile never leave her face. And of course dahyun a lot.

"Okay so this nina (?) girl"

"Dub it's Mina"

"Yeah okay, MINA girl. You like her, don't you?"

"Wha- What are you talking about. We're just friends, nothing more. Beside, we just meet each other TODAY dahyunie."
Chaeyoung got panicked.

Nonsense, i can't be fall for Mina right?
It's just.... she's the only people that want to talk with me, so i got really happy.
Nothing more, we're just.... friends

"Chaeyoungie just admit it, you fall forher. It's love at the first sight"
Dahyun said with a teasing tone.

"Ugghh... you know what. I would just hang up dahyun, bye"
Chaeyoung was about to hang up, but then.

"HEY OKAY okay lil cub, I would stop teasing you. You're not fun, Oh right, remember Momo?"

"Momo?" Chaeyoung frowned her brow, she can't remember who's that 'momo' girl.

"The one that got into the same dance class with me, remember? I always told you about her."

"Ahh... your crush? That momo girl whose really a good dancer right?"

"Ye- yeah..." Dahyun got a little bit flustered, but she still continue anyway.
"You know Momo said she got into class B. That's mean she will be your classmate right?"

"Okay... so why? You want to give a present for her?" Chaeyoung .

"YAH SON CHAEYOUNG, it's not like that. I mean i told her that my friend got into the same class like her. You know, since you're not that good at making friends. So i ask her if she can talk to you, so you won't feel lonely."

Chaeyoung can feel sincerity in her tone. She smiled hearing her best friend statement.
"Dahyunie i know you just feel worried. But it's okay, i won't feel lonely. I have Mina with me, and i have you. I can manage it by myself." Chaeyoung can hear dahyun's sigh.

"You're right... Chaeyoung-ah i'm sorry, it's just we never be apart like this." 

"Dahyunie it's okay, we can meet again when the holiday season start. Oh well how's your day?"

"Yeah it's good, i got a few friends in here. Nothing to worried, but i forgot to bring my lunch box so i need to buy some food in the canteen. You know usually you would share your food with me, but now i need to bring my own so i'm still not used to it. Ah... i miss your mother's kimbab already. It's taste really good, make sure aunty cook a bunch of kimbab when i  go visit your home."
They laughed together, and continue sharing their stories.

"Uhm.. Chaengie-ya i should hang up now. I need to prepare for tomorrow, and make sure you pass my greetings to aunty. Bye bro, see you later."

"Bye Bro."
Chaeyoung looked at her phone, actually she really missed her time with Dahyun. But they can meet later, so don't have to be sad right.

Chaeyoung put her phone in the night stand, and start to sleep. She's excited to see Mina again.

The next morning

Chaeyoung get out from her bed, and start to make her way toward the bathroom. She take a shower and wear uniform. After finished, she go to downstairs and greet her mom. Her mom stopped cooking and looking at her.

"Chaeyoungie you wake up early. What's wrong? Are you excited to meet your friends?"

"No... it's just I don't want to be late." Chaeyoung said a little bit flustered.

"You must be really like that girl huh? Who's her name again? Mina?"
Her mom started to .  

"Mom... stop it" Chaeyoung start to whining while pouting .

Her mom prepared the food on the table, and they start eating breakfast. After finished Chaeyoung grab her lunch box, and bidding her goodbye to her mom. Like usual she walked and take a bus. 

After like 15 minutes Chaeyoung arrived at her school. She quickly made her way towards her classroom. Almost half of the class is full, so she decided to sit in the back row, near the window.

She sit in her chair and rest for a while. Feeling a little tired because she just running towards her classroom before. Then there is someone approach her.

"Hey you're Chaeyoung right? Dahyun's friend?"
That girl asked.

Ooh... it's must be momo
"Uh yeah, and you must be Momo?"

The Momo girl smiled at her and offered a handshake.
"Yeah my name is Hirai Momo, you can call me Momo. Nice to meet you."

Chaeyoung grabs Momo's hand and replied her smile letting her dimple out.
"My name is Son Chaeyoung. And nice to meet you too Momo."

Suddenly someone showed up towards them.
"And my name is Sana, hey Chaeyoungie" That girl said. Chaeyoung just stared at her.

"Uh.. so Chaeyoung this is Sana, she's my friend." Momo said

"Hey Sana" Chaeyoung waves her hand toward her.

"And Chaeyoung if you need anything, you can ask Sana and me. We will help you."
"Okay, thanks Momo."
"We will talk to the others do you want to join?"
"Uhm.. no it's okay, i would just stay here."

"Okay than, bye Chaeyoungie" 
She just smiled at them.

I want to see Mina...
She must be in her class now.

Chaeyoung start to walk outside her class. She's about to go to Mina's classroom. But then she saw Mina just go out from her class. She's in front of the door now. 

Mina didn't see her, her back is facing Chaeyoung now. Chaeyoung smiled and start to walk towards Mina. But then she stopped. There is a girl calling Mina's name, they are chatting now. Her smile dropped.

Uhm... that must be her new friends.
Maybe i would just talk to her later.

Chaeyoung going back inside her classroom with a sad face. She want to talk to Mina but she doesn't want to disturb her. 

*on the other side
Mina planed to go visit Chaeyoung's classroom. She's already in front of the door, but then someone called her.

"Mina wait." It's Jihyo she ran into her.
"I'm just want to go outside for a while. What's wrong Jihyo?" 
"Nothing i just wanna ask if you want me to accompany you?"
"Uh it's okay i would just go by myself."

Mina glanced at Chaeyoung's class. And saw Chaeyoung, she's made her way inside her class. Mina frowned.

Why she didn't called me?
Maybe she didn't saw me?
I would just go to her than.

But before Mina made her way towards Chaeyoung their bell start to ringing.

"Mina let's go inside, the class would start soon." Jihyo drag Mina back inside their class. Mina's smile disappear.
Maybe i can talk to her later.

Chaeyoung on the other side, already get inside her classroom. When she heading toward her chair. She saw a girl, sit beside her place. 

Uh.. who's that?
Chaeyoung just shrugged it off, and go sit down in her chair. The girl glanced at her.

"Hey... my name is Somi. What's your name?" She smiled at Chaeyoung.

"Uh hello my name is Chaeyoung."
Chaeyoung turn her head, facing that girl. Smile back at her.

"Uh I'm sorry i didn't ask you first. But the other chair is taken, is it okay with you?"
"Yeah sure, it's fine Somi."

The first period went normal. Nothing wrong, actually she enjoyed it. Because the first period is math.
Now it's break time, everyone start to heading toward the canteen. Chaeyoung take her lunch box from her bag.

I would go to Mina's class.
Maybe we can sharing food again like yesterday.

Chaeyoung smiled at the thought.
But then her plan should be delayed.

"Chaeyoung, wanna go to the canteen together?"
It's Momo, she is making her way towards Chaeyoung.

"Uhm.. thank you Momo, but i just brought my lunch. I would stay and eat here." Chaeyoung give them an apologies smile.

"It's okay Changie, we would go now then. See you" Sana wave at her.

Chaengie?
It's remain me of her.
Oh right, let's go now.

Chaeyoung still has her smile brightly.
Then she heard a familiar voice.

A soft giggles..
It's Mina's voice.

Chaeyoung turn her head towards the window. And there it is, Mina..

It's her, is she went here just to saw me?
Chaeyoung about to stand up, but Mina just continue walking past her class. Still talking with her friends.

Uh? She's going somewhere else..
She looked so happy, i would just stay here than.

Chaeyoung's smile dropped.
She can feel a little bit sting on her chest. 

Why did...
Why it's felt so hurt, seeing her laugh like that not because of me?
Why did i feel so lonely?
Why....
She's with her friends, i can't be selfish.
I can't... keep Mina just for myself.
I would just stay here, and eat alone.

Chaeyoung start to eat her lunch, but her though is somewhere else.
She can't stop thinking about Mina.

*on the other side
It's lunch break already, i haven't greet Chaeyoung now.
I missed her....
Uh? Wh- what? Mina what are you thinking?
Did she missed me too?
Okay Mina you need to stop.

Mina shake her head, she's ready to go to Chaeyoung's class when Jihyo calling her.

"Mina let's go to the canteen with me and Tzuyu." Jihyo said cheerfully.
Tzuyu just stood there, staring at her.

"Uhm... right okay, but i need to see my friend first." 

They go out of their classroom, while chatting with each other. Mina laugh because what Jihyo just said. Now they are in front of Chaeyoung's class. Mina wondered her eyes, looking for Chaeyoung from the door. But she can't see anyone.

"Mina, i think there's no one on there. Maybe your friend already go out. Let's go now." Jihyo glance at Mina. 
Mina still have her eyes searching for Chaeyoung.

Maybe Jihyo is right.
Maybe Chaeyoung already go with her friends.
I would just go then...
Chaengie, i hope i can see you now.
Why it's so hard to have time with you.

Mina can't hide her sad face. 

It's time to go home now.
Actually Chaeyoung really want to see Mina, even just for a few seconds. But she can't, her mom already waiting in front of the gate. She needs to go home now. 

Chaeyoung go inside her mom's car, when she spot her mom. She start to drive them home.

Mina, maybe we can talk tomorrow.
I missed you....
Really miss you.

Her mom noticed Chaeyoung's gloomy face.
"Chaeyoungie what's wrong?"
"Hm? Nah it's nothing, I'm just tired"
She just nodding her head and focused on the road again.

On the other side, Mina is standing in front of Chaeyoung's class. But there is no one in there. Mina start to walk towards the gate, with a sorrow face.

Chaengie... i want to meet you.
This morning, did you about to go to my class?
Did you turn your back because you just saw i'm talking with Jihyo?
Did you think i would feel disturbed if you approached me?
Chaengie...
I miss you..

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
You know? When you come to my life, it's really made me happy. 
And now, when i can't be with you.
When i can't be near you.
It's really hurt Mina.
I start to feel lonely again.
And i don't like it.
-Chaeng 

I'm sorry it took me so long to update. I have been busy lately, because of my exam. So, do you like the story?
Please left a comment about how your thought. I would like to know it. Thanks for reading my story.
-🐦Arzi