Part 2

My Introvert Girl

Author's POV

Chaeyoung and Mina walking around the school hand in hand. Now they are looking around the corridor. 

"So Chaengie, is it ok?" Chaeyoung frowned her brow, feeling confused.
"What?"
"I mean, if i call you Chaengie, are you okay with that?" Mina smiled.

Oo- ohh... she's not the first to call me that, but why is it sound different. I like it.

"Yeah, you can call me whatever you want." She reflects closing with her hand. 
"I- I MEAN Chaengie sound good, so i'm okay with it..." Chaeyoung mumbled the last word. She got embarrassed.

Chaeyoungie what are you doing . 
'You can call me whatever you want'??! What a stupid things to say. Now she would think that i'm a freak.

Mina just stood there while showing her gummy smile, seeing how adorable the little cub. Chaeyoung is cursing herself because what just happened before.
Is she arguing with her self? How can someone manage to be this cute. 

Chaeyoung brought her sight back to Mina. After hearing the latter's giggled , Mina is staring at her. Now their eyes meet each others. 

"Ahem... so why did you moved to Seoul?" Chaeyoung faked a cough and trying to open an conversations.
"Aa- ahh? I moved here because my father, he got a job in here." Chaeng's question brought Mina back to the reality. 

"Ooo... what is he doing?" Chaeng can't help but get curious. 
"He's a doctor on Dongsan Hospital." Mina said.
"Oh... is it hard to learn Korean?"
"Yeah it is, you know when i first moved in here. I always stayed quite because I'm afraid i would say something wrong. But then as the time passed i start to encourage my self, and trying to talk to the new people. You know that wasn't as bad as i thought." Mina glanced and smiled at Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung nodding her head, she understands how Mina's feeling back than. 

Now they arrived at the school garden. It's look so beautiful, there's so many flowers and trees. And a plenty of bench so you can sit in there and enjoying the view. 

"Mina let's rest in there, my leg start to get sore." Chaeyoung pointed at the nearby bench, it was under a tree and look so comfortable. Mina nodding her head and start followed Chaeyoung to the place that she pointed before. It's not so crowd in here, just a few people walking around. They sat comfortably beside each other.

"Chaengie, tell me something about yourself." 

Chaeyoung got startled a bit.
What should i say...
"Uh- uhm.. i love Science, and art. But i hate English lesson. And... I have one friend, her name is Dahyun but she moved to Bushan last month." Her smile start to disappear, the thought of her only friend go far from her. It's make her feel sad.

Mina notice it, so she take Chaeyoung's hand and held it. Chaeyoung glanced at Mina and starting to smile again.

"We always together since i met her in the park. I'm still 5 years old back then. I don't have many friends, so i was so happy when she played with me. She's a cheerful person, i like being with her. But it's okay, even though we stayed far from each other we still keep in touch." Chaeyoung let out a little sigh.

Mina scanned Chaeyoung's hand, she just noticed the latter has a tattoo on her fingers. 
"Chaengie, you have a tattoo? It's look so cute, can i touch it?"

"Ss- sure..." 
Mina crashed Chaeyoung's fingers, she's staring at her flowers tattoo. Chaeyoung just stay silent, don't know how to react. Chaeyoung's heart start to pounding faster than before.

"Is it allowed?" Mina's question made Chaeyoung snapped from her thoughts.
"You, having tattoos. You didn't get scolded?" Mina bring her gaze back to Chaeyoung's face. 
"Uh? At first, of course i got scolded because i didn't tell my mom. But then she's fine with it." Chaeyoung explained.

They just sitting in there silently but it's not awkward at all. They enjoyed each other's company.

Attention please,
For all the new students, please gather on the library in 10 minutes. Thank you.

Chaeyoung and Mina start to made their way to the library. It wasn't that far from the garden. After like 5 minutes of walks, they arrived outside the library. 

"Let's go inside." Mina said and drag Chaeyoung's hand with her.

I think she like to hold people's hand. Or should i say my hand. 

"I'm just make sure that you won't get lost." Mina giggled after saying that. As if Mina can read her mind.

Wha- wait... how can she? How can she know what i'm thinking?!?
She can read my mind?

"Chaengie you should stop doing that."
"Doing what?" Chaeyoung frowned, feeling confused.
"Saying your thoughts out loud."
"Oo- ohh... so that's why you know what i'm thinking about." Chaeyoung said in a very serious face. And hit her own forehead.

Mina start to laugh because of Chaeyoung's reaction. Chaeyoung glanced at Mina and start to laugh too.

But their laugh stoped when they realize that many people looking at them. 

"Uh... let's go inside than" Chaeyoung said.All the students start to wonder around the library.

For all the new students that already inside the library, please take a sit. I would explain a few things.

Chaeyoung and Mina sat beside each other. They stayed silent and paying attention to the person in front of them.

"Hello everyone, my name is Ms.Sunmi i would explain a few things to you. So, tomorrow you will start studying in your each classroom. 
You can see the class division after lunch break. The announcement will be posted in front of the hall. Tomorrow make sure to wear your uniform. If you didn't follow the rules you would get a punishment. For now you can go have a lunch. Welcome, and good luck." Ms.Sunmi ended her speech with a smile in her face.

Now all the students start to made their way to the canteen.
"Chaeyoung, wanna go to the canteen?"
"Uhm.... my mom brought me a lunch box. If you want to, i can go with you. Or do you want to eat with me? Usually my mom brought so many food so i can share with dahyun."
Chaeyoung smiled at Mina.
"Hhmm.. if you insist then." Mina replied her smile.

They sat in one of the table inside library, near the corner. Chaeyoung opened her lunch box. There is some kimbab and jokbal too. On the other box there is some strawberry cheesecake. And Chaeyoung also brought 2 boxes of strawberry milk. They enjoyed the food peacefully. 

She must be really liked strawberry.

Chaeyoung accidentally dropped her food from the chopsticks.
"Aak- aa.." Chaeyoung start to pouting and starting at her food.

Mina stopped chewing her food, now she's staring at Chaeyoung. Her lips start to forming a smile, her cute gummy smile.
So cute....

"Chaengie you should eat slowly, or you would end up dropping all of your food." Mina start to laugh now.
"Mina... stop teasing me!" Chaeyoung start to whined. 

Ashdyatfd... WHAT IS THAT?! CHAEYOUNG STOP BEING CUTE.
Mina got speechless, heartbeat starting to get faster and face start to heating up. She's blushing because Chaeyoung's cuteness. 

"Mina, your face getting red, what happened?" Chaeyoung asked, oblivious that she's the one caused it.
"Uh? No.. I'm alright. Let's finish the food, and go see our class division." Mina back to her sense and start to eat again. But Chaeyoung still staring at her, wondering something.

Is she blushing? No, no Chaeyoungie what did you think. Maybe it's just to hot in here, so she start sweating and her face turn red. Yeah must be because of that.

After finished they start to clean up, and start heading to the hall. 
In front of the hall, there's many people already. They are looking at the bulletin board.

"Uhm... Mina you stayed here, i will search our name." Chaeyoung was about to go but then Mina grab her hand.
"Why?" Chaeyoung asked confusingly.
"We can wait till the other gone right?"
"It's okay, I'm small enough to slip between them." Chaeyoung smiled and start to made her way into the bulletin board.

It's not that hard for her, since her body is small enough to slip between the students. Now she is in front of the announcement paper and start to search their name.

Mina... mina... mina... 
Chaeyoung search Mina's name first.
Please let us be classmate. 
Uh? she got in A..... 

Her smile disappear when she can't found her name on Mina's class.
But I'm in B. 
Chaeyoung made her way back to Mina, with a sad face.

"Chaeyoung what happened?" Mina notice Chaeyoung's sad expression.
"Uhm.. you got in class A. But i'm in class B, so we aren't classmates." Chaeyoung said with a forcing smile.

"It's okay, our class is beside each other. We can go out together when break time." 
Mina tried to cheering her up. Chaeyoung start to feel better.
Mina's words made her calm down.

Chaeyoung afraid she would be alone again. 
She's afraid Mina would leave her. She's afraid Mina would find someone else and left her behind.
She never feel comfortable around people, except Dahyun and her family.
But today, she just meet Mina a few hours ago, and she already trust her.
Chaeyoung never get close to anyone easily. 

Mina...
She's different..

Chaeyoung let out a sigh.
She brings her face up and smiled at Mina.
"Yeah you're right. Thank you Mina."
Chaeyoung's smile is really sincere. She really thankful that Mina is on her side now. They stayed silent and exchange smile. 

But then their staring contest get interrupted because a loud sound.

Tiinnn... tiin...
"Chaeyoung-ah let's get in the car."
It's her mom.
Chaeyoung frowned, she felt annoyed because her mom just ruin her time with Mina. 
Chaeyoung bring her attention back to Mina.

"That's my mom, she comes to pick me up. Uhm.. we can drop you to your home if you want." Chaeyoung offered.
"No, it's okay. My mom would pick me up soon." 

"Okay then... So, see you tomorrow?"
"Yeah Chaeyoung, see you tomorrow."
Chaeyoung wave her hand to Mina, bid her a goodbye while made her way to her mom's car. 

"Bye Minaa...." Chaeyoung waves her hand one last time before her mom start the engine and drove back to home.
"Bye Chaengie...." Mina waving back at her. Watching her car start to disappear.

Why did I felt sad because we didn't get to be classmate? We still can see each other right? Her class is just next to mine. Come on Mina what happen.
Do you... do you like her?

Mina shake her head when she heard her mom voice. Calling her from the car.

Inside Chaeyoung's car

"Chaeyoungie is that your friend? She's look so pretty, you must take her to our home next time." Chaeyoung's mom glanced at her daughter.
Chaeyoung just nodding her head.

"She must be a good girl. I never saw you get close to anyone easily. What's her name?"
"Mina, her name is Mina." Chaeyoung said while looking outside the window, smile plastered on her face. 

Thinking of how beautiful mina's face is.
Her soft voice when calling her name, the warm feelings when Mina hold her hand. 
She miss it already.

She... 
She miss Mina already...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hello my fellow readers, thank you for reading my story. It's may be not that good, and there's many grammatical errors. But i put all of my effort on this, so i hope you guys like it.
-🐦Arzi