let's go on a date

Double-Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

//

 

“Remind me why do I have to do this with you?”

 

“Because,” Minjoo drawled on while stirring her watermelon smoothie. She paused dramatically as she was getting tired of stirring her watermelon smoothie with a straw and threw her straw away, not minding where it would land. “We don’t want to go on another ty date with ty companions and have a ty time with a ty date.” She sighed dramatically. “It’s a waste of time and breath. Pay attention because I ain't repeating this sentence every five minutes, Kim. Chae. Won. unnie.”

 

“Fair.” Chaewon sighed, too; propping her chin to her palm, frowning. Not even a full second, a dangerous grin spread on her lips, causing a worried frown forming on Minjoo’s expression. “But are you sure 100% of them are ty as you say? I seem to remember you were quite taken with that guy,” the older Kim teased, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.

 

Minjoo narrowed her eyes. Pettily pointing her fork to Chaewon’s direction with a scrunched up nose, she growled at the girl in front of her. “You take that slander back. That is a blot on my lesbian honor.”

 

Chaewon snorted, finding her threat pathetic. A fork wasn’t too good of a threatening weapon. Especially when it was wield by Minjoo. “It’s totally your fault you didn’t tell Chaeyeon you’re a flaming homoual,” Chaewon again, laughing openly at the color on Minjoo’s face.

 

The twitching eyes were just a bonus on her score.

 

“And what about you, huh?” Minjoo’s gaze was wild. “I bet that cute girl is shocked the aloof Kim Chaewon is actually a bot—”

 

“Yah!” Chaewon screeched, red in fury. A drastic change of her previously pale complexion. “I’m not! That girl is just aggressive!”

 

“And that scared you off?”

 

“She kissed my lips on the first day!”

 

“Don’t be such a prude,” the younger Kim tutted with a shaking head. “Most people kiss on the first date, anyway.” 

 

“With tongue!”

 

“Okay, that is a bit bold of her,” Minjoo commented, raising an eyebrow. “A bit.”

 

Chaewon didn’t listen. She was too busy hugging herself, shivering at the memories, clearly traumatized. “I swear she d my too.”

 

“I certainly do not need that kind of information.”

 

“Oh hell you do!” The older girl threw her hands up and that made Minjoo laugh even louder. Not even 30 minutes into the date and she was already losing her marbles. “That’s it. I’m done. Whatever fic you read is certain bull. We certainly are better off as friends. Strictly friends.”

 

“Can’t agree with that!” Minjoo promptly said with flailing limbs. She grasped Chaewon’s hand, clasping it between her palms. She looked up to Chaewon, pouting and tearful.  “Come on unnie, I need you to help me out fending those wielders away from me!”

 

“ wielders nani the —” Minjoo’s inability to say ‘guys’ astounded her. And not in a good way, either.

 

“I don’t want to get stabbed!”

 

“What do you mean by getting stabbed, woman, are you out of your mind?!”

 

“With !” Minjoo elaborated, still tearful.

 

“God damn it Kim, shut up!” Chaewon released a strangled scream, forgetting the fact that she was a Kim, too.

 

“Please unnie,” Minjoo sobbed, drowning Chaewon's protest with her exaggerated sobs, “Dating you is the only way to tell Chaeyeon unnie passive-aggressively that I’m gay and I’d rather top a woman.”

 

Chaewon decided to ignore her words. “How difficult it is to just tell Chaeyeon that you are gay?” Chaewon wondered. “It’s not like she’s homophobic! That would be ridiculous, by the way, we all know she’s dating Sakura unnie.”

 

“That’s not what I’m concerned about!” Minjoo moaned again. This time, she released Chaewon’s hand, reeling back to massage her temples.  Ahh, the headache she earned after talking with this woman!

 

Chaewon immediately disinfected her hands. Wouldn't want her stupidity to rub off on her.

 

“Do you know how weird her friends are?! If they aren’t midgets, they are giants!”

 

“If Nako and Wonyoung heard you, you are going to get stabbed. With a scissor.”

 

Chaewon immediately regretted her choice of words at the suggestive smirk presented on Minjoo’s lips.

 

“Better than .”

 

“Will you stop talking so vulgarly?!”

 

“Will you stop talking as if you are Mary?!”

 

Too caught up with their bickering, they didn’t realize the arrival of two girls to their table.

 

“Excuse me…”

 

“WHAT?!”

 

The two new figures jumped a little at the aggressive tone. The shorter one, with cute cheeks, bowed her head a little. “Um, sorry to interrupt your date—”

 

“We’re not on a date,” Minjoo was quick to deny the assumption, smiling charmingly at the two girls standing awkwardly beside their table. They weren’t dressed like they were on a date, so Minjoo assumed they weren’t girlfriends.

 

She hoped she was right. That girl with cute cheeks is tappable. So is the taller girl. But Minjoo would rather top the adorable bottom-looking girl.

 

And judging from the similar grin on Chaewon’s lips, she could tell Chaewon was interested in getting to know the cute girl’s companion.

 

Ha, bottom.

 

“Uh-right,” the taller girl blushed, awkwardly scratching her nape. “We just want to ask you if it’s alright for us to sit here? Because,” she gestured at the full cafe. “B-But it’s okay if you refuse! Hitomi unnie and I can always wait for you to go! Sorry for interrupting!”

 

“No no no!” Chaewon hastily scooted to make a spot before they escaped. She smiled at the taller girl. “You can sit here!”

 

“And you, here,” with me, in my arms, Minjoo almost added with a seductive purr, her confident gay energy nearly leaking out. But the cheek girl looked so innocent and straight (the frustration!) and Minjoo wasn’t going to scare her away.

 

That straight-ness can be fixed. After all, spaghetti is straight until they get wet.

 

“Thank you,” the taller one said, the cheek girl echoed. 

 

Chaewon swooned, Minjoo squealed. Inside their mind.

 

A waitress was swiftly on their table as soon as the two new girls planted their butts on the seat. Usually, customers would order first, but the place was overcrowded so they decided to wait until the crowd had dissipated.

 

They looked like they didn’t know the standard if the place was too crowded with customers. Which was having the waitress to run around collecting orders so the money could flow faster. They almost fell out of their seats once the waitress asked their orders, popping out of nowhere.

 

With a creepy blank expression, too.

 

“A strawberry smoothie and cheesecake, thank you. What about you, Yujin?”

 

Her name is Yujin, Chaewon mentally noted. She sent a scowl to Minjoo who seemed to read her mind.

 

“I’ll have choco milkshake! Hitomi unnie, do you think we should try out the matcha cake Yena-unnie suggested yesterday?”

 

This time, it was Chaewon’s turn to laugh when Minjoo looked like she was repeating the cheek girl’s name in her mind like a mantra, determined on ingrain that beautiful name in her brain.

 

“I don’t know,” Hitomi said, scrunching her eyebrows together. “Um, what do you think of the matcha cake?” She turned to ask Minjoo and blushed furiously when she caught Minjoo staring at her like the most beautiful piece of art.

 

“Beautiful,” Minjoo purred.

 

Hitomi raised an eyebrow, not catching what Minjoo had said to her.

 

Chaewon did.

 

“Ahem.”  

 

“Oh!” Minjoo quickly got off her trance, coughing to her fist as she forced her flirty smile to disappear. “Okay, um, the matcha cake is good. Totally recommended. I suggest buying the medium-sized because the small one is really really small. Not enough for two people.”

 

“Is that so?” Goodness, she looked so cute blinking her eyes like that! Her uwu meter is off the charts and Minjoo would be damned if she couldn’t take her on a date at least once. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter