1.1: The Exiled

Of Demons & Blades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“M-mister P-poopy! I said don’t kill him!” The poor child looked like she was really about to have a breakdown right in front of them.

 


‘, what do we do Joo Joo?’ Seulgi looked back to Joohyun, confused.

 


‘How do I know!’ Confusion was clearly shown on both of their faces. 

 


The demon behind the young girl saw their hesitation and took it as a chance. He flew to the young girl to grab and carry her before he flew away.

 


“Ow !” Joohyun cussed as she realised the demon had flown away with the young girl. Feeling as though the demon have not gone far, Joohyun decided to give chase but her arm was grabbed by Seulgi before she was even given the chance to make a run for it.

 


“What the hell Seulgi! He took a young child! A young human child!”

 


“I know you’re angry but calm down alright? Go home and rest, report it to the church. I'll go and find him, if I see anything I'll tell you first thing alright?”

 


“But, Seulgi he’s not far. I can still go after him!” Joohyun tried to argue.

 


“It wouldn’t be a smart move to run around the streets carrying a katana, don’t you think?” Seulgi countered, putting some sense into Joohyun.

 


“Sigh, alright. I'll go home.” Sighing dejectedly, Joohyun sheathed her katana and walked home before bidding Seulgi goodbye.

 


“What do you mean goodbye Joo Joo! I’m always on your mind remember?" As if saying something like that was not annoying enough, Seulgi had decided to say it in an aegyo voice. Sure, it sounded cute but Joohyun would never admit it.

 


“Just admit it Joo Joo! I know you think I’m cute!” Joohyun did not even need to look back to know that Seulgi had a eating grin on her face.

 

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

“It’s okay now, Heejin. Don’t cry anymore.” The demon cooed softly to stop the young girl from crying as they land on the rooftop of an apartment building. 

 


“Y-you almost d-died Poopy!” Heejin hiccupped as she wiped her tears away with the sleeves of her sweater.

 


“I wouldn’t die so easily Heejin, don’t worry about me.”

 


“You should worry about her though.” The demon quickly turned around, suddenly alert at the sound of another person. His eyes quickly darted across the whole rooftop and spotted Seulgi standing not far from them. 

 


The demon spread out his wings covering the young girl protectively before he looked over to Seulgi, one look at him could tell her as clear as day that he was willing to put his life on the line for this young child.

 


“Why protect the young child, she’s a human.” Seulgi asked curious as to what the relationship between them was. 

 


“I could say the same for you Lord Seulgi, what business do you have with a human girl then? A demon slayer even.” He countered, trying to stall time for his impending doom.

 


Sighing, Seulgi put up her hands to show that she was not there to fight or kill. 

 


“I’m not here to do anything stupid. Tell me about it, what happened?”

 


And so, they sat down by table that Seulgi had pulled out of no where again. The demon gave her a dumbfounded look before she responded with, “What? You don’t have a table and chairs stored somewhere in your dimensional pocket?”

 


It took a long time for the demon to tell her everything -the whole night- as he held the young girl while she slept. From what he had said, Seulgi had learnt that he was actually a Lieutenant General for the Lord of Pride. 

 


Demons do not have a military hierarchy but each demon lord do have their own council of generals -only the Lord of Wrath does not have a council as they prefer to go on a rampage by themselves when on the battlefield- so whatever the demon opposite her was, he would be the equivalent to the role of a lieutenant general as the second in command right behind a general when on the battlefield.

 


“Let me get this straight Hanbin, you were exiled by that pride bastard? For what? Not killing this child??” She pointed to Heejin who was sleeping soundly in the embrace of Hanbin.

 


“Originally, I was fighting with her parents but who would’ve thought a Knight would appear.” 

 


Seulgi continued to listen to what he had to say, it turned out to be that three weeks ago Hanbin was fighting with Heejin's parents who were both high ranked demon slayers. Hanbin himself was able to subdue both the demon slayers while trying to make an escape, he never wanted any blood spilled without any reasons. 

 


Hanbin had always been the passive type, never the type to start a fight unless he had no choice. He would only hunt and feed on humans who truly deserved it, the ones who continued to commit mortal sins with no repentance.

 


Both the high ranked slayers were doing everything they could to take him down but there was a big gap between their abilities and his, so Hanbin had tried to subdue them before making an escape. He never would have thought they were actually stalling time for a Knight to arrive. 

 


Two high ranked demon slayers? Hanbin was pretty confident he could take them down but a Knight? He would only face death. It was either fight or flight for Hanbin and flight was definitely the optimal choice so he made a run for it, to escape back to the Inferno. 

 


But, the Knight was fast. In fact, too fast that Hanbin was not able to shake her off if he did not put up a fight so he did, hoping he could weaken the Knight a bit before making another escape when the chance appears. 

 


They were fighting while the demon slayers were jumping from one rooftop to another with the Knight shooting out a fusillade of bullets from her two revolvers at him. Using one wing to cover himself from the bullets, his swung the other wing blowing the three demon slayers back. 

 


‘Now’s the chance, Hanbin!' He cheered for himself mentally as he tried to zoom out from their sight but a change in ammunition from the Knight stopped him from flying further. The Knight shot out bullets that would explode and freeze whatever it had come in contact with. 

 


Doing so had made Hanbin's wings frozen still as he fell towards the rooftop of large corporate building. He quickly stood up when the Knight had landed on the rooftop with both the other two demon slayers catching up.

 


“Ms. Nayeon, are you alright?” The male slayer of the group had asked.

 


“What do you take me for? I am the Holy Knight of Patience ya know? Nothing of this scale would be a danger to me.” Nayeon responded grinning cheerfully with confidence, confident that Hanbin would not even land a scratch on her skin.

 


Just after she had finished her sentence, Hanbin spat out fireballs but Nayeon had quick reflexes. She jumped and dodged the fireballs mid air as she shot at the ground using the recoil to control her movement. Her excellent maneuver had honestly both impressed and amazed him but he was too caught up trying to stay alive. 

 


It definitely was not easy trying to escape from a Knight, Hanbin felt like he had been in her control the whole time, that she had just been playing a game of mouse and cat with him. To add on, bullets from normal low ranks demon slayers could not even do much to him but the Knight’s bullets were especially blessed. After all, they are the ones who would take on the demon lords whenever one would appear.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter