5.4: Ultimate Weapon

Of Demons & Blades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So.”

 


“What?” The Demon Lord asked.

 


“I have both good and bad news.” The other announced before continuing, “Which do you prefer hearing first?”

 


“Whatever.” 

 


“Bad news it is.” He smirked as he revealed the bad news, “I've found a potential threat, welding the scythe with a strong soul.” His words dragged as he watched the frown on the Demon Lord's grew. 

 


“But the good news is, she also has the potential as a demon, quite a talented one if you ask me.”

 

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 


“We couldn’t find her, I’m sorry.” Yunho apologized after the whole search team had failed to find Sooyeon’s body. 

 


After the battle in which both the Demon Lords -Lust and Pride- had escaped without much effort, they had immediately rushed back to the sanctuary only to find debris and ruins yet not one single body was found. 

 


“You said there wouldn’t be any problem Yunho.” Taeyeon said after seconds of silence as she turned to look at him with a glare, “You said they’ll be alright!” 

 


“Well who would’ve thought two Demon Lords invaded, Taeyeon! We even lost the relics!” Yunho argued back, frustration clearly showing on his face. 

 


The church had lost almost everything, losing the sanctuary, its people, the materials, technologies and most importantly, the sacred relics. This wasn’t something that could be recovered quickly at all, no, it’ll have to take years and possibly decades.

 


Worst of all, two of the sacred relics were missing. Losing the Blade of Compassion was one thing but losing the Eye of Purity was the real concern. It was the most powerful relic amongst all seven of them and only Jiyong was worthy of it.

 


What they had thought was a raid on three Demon Lords had turned out to be a strategy of making noise in the East while attacking in the West.

 


“You just lost a family member and all you’re thinking about is those damn relics!” Taeyeon cussed out, seething in anger at how Yunho could be so heartless.

 


She had asked herself so many times over the years what exactly happened to the four of them? Weren't they supposed to be family? Yunho, Jiyong, Taeyeon and Sooyeon.

 


But all that’s left was one unforgiving human, one vengeful demon and one who had lost her everything.

 

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

Few days had passed since the invasion, the people of the church had no where to operate so the Son household once again offered their help. 

 


The Son household offered to lend the church a rather, for the lack of a better word, humongous estate to which the church accepted with open arms. 

 


Irene was immediately admitted into the makeshift medical ward as soon as they finished setting it up. Everything was still one big mess as everyone was still trying to get back on their feet after the tragic event while trying to settle down but Seulgi had heard of a plan to build a new sanctuary. Of course, funded by none other than the Son household. 

 


“I need to talk to Taeyeon.” Seulgi said as she caressed Irene’s hand. She hadn’t woke up ever since she was admitted but Seulgi had faith in her that she would be just fine. 

 

 

"Talk to her about what." Sooyoung who had been accompanying her for the past few days asked.

 


“Sooyeon unnie’s last words.” A serious expression on her face as she continued to stare at the unconscious Irene, “And...” 

 


“And what?” 

 


“Well, the scythe.” She sighed as she thought about the scythe she had just came into possession of. 

 


“Alright, I’ll keep a look on her for you.” Sooyoung said after heaving a sigh to which Seulgi gave a surprised look. 

 


“What? Didn’t think I would notice the weird look that Bogum guy had when they visited yesterday?” Sooyoung questioned as she gave Seulgi a smirk, “You don’t have anything to worry about Seulgi, just go.” Sooyoung may be a demon eating guardian beast but she sure as hell wouldn’t mind human meat once in awhile.

 


“Thanks, Sooyoung.” Seulgi thanked her before she ran out of the ward to look for Taeyeon. 

 

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

Ever since the death of Sooyeon, all Taeyeon had been doing was lock herself up in the makeshift research lab busying herself , trying to forget about her. 

 


“She wanted me to tell you she was sorry, Taeyeon.” Seulgi had said a few minutes ago but Taeyeon kept mum, not saying anything as the thought of Sooyeon’s death was still trying to sink itself deep into her whole being.

 


“She also” Seulgi paused for a second before continuing, “said she loves you.” 

 


Minutes had pass then but Taeyeon’s face still remained expressionless as she continued her research and experimentation on perfecting the spiritual container project she was working on.

 


Seeing Taeyeon like this had broken a tiny part of Seulgi's heart. Taeyeon, albeit being possibly the busiest person in the whole of the Church of The Seven Virtues and not being around most of the time, was still like a mother figure to the children. Even when Seulgi had only spend a few months with them, she could feel the kindness radiating off Taeyeon whenever she was around them.

 


 Perhaps it was because she herself was once an orphan left on the streets without love and meaning but who knows? Seulgi wasn’t sure. After all, those were just rumours, Taeyeon had never confirmed any of it being true.

 


Of course, it wasn’t just with the children from the Prodigy House. Many people in the church deeply respected and look up to her, she was the person to look for whenever one had trouble, a mentor to many.

 


It wasn’t that Yunho wouldn’t help people, he was just a tad bit too passionate at times and it could be too overwhelming for some but Taeyeon was different. She was easy to open up to, a witty person with an open mindset.

 


To see her eyes void of life as she pushed herself to continue working on her projects just broke Seulgi and she had felt guilty. Guilty for listening to Sooyeon’s words instead of trying to save her. Had she not listened to Sooyeon, would Sooyeon still be alive? She didn’t know but at least there was still a sliver of hope, no?

 


“I-I'm s-sorry, T-Taeyeon.” Her words staggered as she apologised, tears flowing like rivers. 

 


“Sigh, there’s.” Taeyeon sighed again before she turned to look at Seulgi wiping her weeping eyes violently and continued, “There’s nothing to be sorry for, Seulgi.” She said as she walked over to Seulgi, cupping her cheeks and wiping her still shredding tears with her thumbs. 

 


“What you did was the right thing and I don’t blame you.” She said to stop Seulgi from crying. She had never once blamed Seulgi for Sooyeon’s death, because she knew, if it were her who was in Sooyeon’s position she would’ve done the same thing. It was just very, very unfortunate that Sooyeon had to die. 

 


If anything, Jiyong was the one at fault here. Being the cunning and cru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter