5.3: Changed Forever

Of Demons & Blades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi was a heavy sleeper they say, well, at least that was what her mother used to tell her when she was around. She would sleep through stormy nights and thunderstorms like it was no one’s business. 

 


Seulgi was truly one hell of a sleeper, put her anywhere and she will somehow still fall asleep if she wanted to. That day was no different.

 


When the loud explosions and crashes roared through the compound of the sanctuary, the people were thrown into chaos. Some panicked, some feared but some were calm, giving out orders for evacuation and forming teams to defend the weak as if they were prepared for such situations but truly no one was prepared.

 


And then there was Kang Seulgi, who had sleep through all of that until she was woken up by Irene, her roommate who had slept on the bed beside hers. 

 


“Seulgi! Wake up!” Irene shouted for her to wake up as she shook her body. 

 


“What’s going on?” Seulgi replied groggily as she sat up, rubbing her eyes before the roars from explosions and loud crashes sunk in. Her eyes widen as she felt the building shook.

 


“What is going on!” She asked Irene who was already dressed in proper attire to fight contrary to her pajamas. 

 


“Demon Lord invasion, we don’t have much time to talk.” Irene answered her, picking up her katana on her bed as she stood up, she lend her hand out for Seulgi to grab.

 


“Follow me, Seulgi.” Seulgi nodded before they both sped out of the orphan home, not caring even if Seulgi was still in her plain white pajamas. 

 

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

“You can have your fun but don’t forget, we’re here for the eye.” The Lord of Greed reminded his partner, the Lord of Wrath. 

 


“You know where the eye is?” Wrath gave him a side glance as he replied.

 


“Why of course, Jiyong has told me about it.” Of course Jiyong would, he was the one who placed it there after all.

 


“Lead the way.” He said as a few demon slayers approached them to attack. 

 


Seeing as there were enemies approaching him, the Lord of Wrath's face lit up as his body enlarged, turning into his true demonic form. 

 


“I need to test something, kill them quick.” Seunghyun, his partner said as he eyed the poor demon slayers who would later be turned into his puppets. 

 

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi didn’t know where Irene was taking her, all she had been doing was following Irene running and running as their hands both held a tight grip. 

 


“Watch out!” Seulgi shouted as she pulled Irene toward her to avoid a large pillar falling off. 

 


It was terrifying to think that all it took was two Demon Lords to destroy the sanctuary of the Church of The Seven Virtues. The sanctuary that had stood for hundreds of years was wrecked apart so easily by these two Demon Lords. 

 


Debris filled the battleground while bluish flames lit up the dark blue skies. There stood the Lord of Wrath in the broad open grounds of the sanctuary's epic center who looked Seulgi in the eyes, one hand holding a grip on the hilt of his longsword, the other the neck of a fellow demon slayer. 

 


“Kang Seulgi.” He said as he released his bluish hell flames to incinerate the demon slayer in the hands, “I’ve been looking for you.” 

 


When he took a step forward, three arrows glowing in red hues landed right in front of him and exploded. The force from the explosion did not blow him away but he still needed to take a few steps back to anchor himself. 

 


“We’ll take care of him! Take Seulgi and get outta here!” Kibum shouted to both Irene and Seulgi from afar as he pulled back the string of his bow to shoot another set of arrows. 

 


Two other demon slayers ran passed Irene and Seulgi as they rushed toward the Demon Lord while another two from behind him, creating an encirclement. 

 


“Come on, let’s go.” Irene held her hand for Seulgi once again. 

 

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

“Alright! That’s one Demon Lord down and two more to go!” Taeyeon exclaimed cheerily as she pulled out her spear from the Lord of Sloth's head, the tip of her spear engulfed in the vermillion flames of Purgatorio. 

 


“It’s all thanks to your red flames, Taeyeon.” Yunho praised with a smile on his face as they continue their raid. 

 


“Let’s move forward people! Pride and Lust wouldn’t just stand there and wait for us! The four guardians are battling them as we speak.” He commanded. 

 


“Sir Yunho!” Came a demon slayer running as he shouted for Yunho. 

 


“What seems to be the problem?” Yunho asked, most of the rank S demon slayers were tasked to clear the lower tier demons while the Knights and a selected few were to deal with the three Demon Lords, “Having a problem with the tier ones?” 

 


“N-no, S-sir.” The demon slayer denied while trying to catch his breath from the running. When he looked up, he realised all the seven Knights were giving him their attention. 

 


“If not then what is it?” Siwon, the Knight of Diligence asked. 

 


“It’s the sanctuary, there’s an invasion right now in the sanctuary.” 

 


“Invasion?” Taeyeon asked, wearing a worried expression on her face as she suddenly of thought Sooyeon and the children. 

 


“Yes, we don’t know the current situation or what invaded but the alarm was activated.” The demon slayer nodded before answering Taeyeon. 

 


“Shall I go back and check?” Taeyeon suggested after hearing what the demon slayer had said. 

 


“No need, you’re much needed here.” Yunho rejected before he turned to look at the demon slayer, “Send a squad back to the sanctuary.” 

 


“But.” 

 


“No buts, Taeyeon. I’m sure Sooyeon and the others can handle themselves.” Yunho interrupted before he lifted his lance and ordered everyone to continue the raid. 

 


‘She should be alright. No, she definitely is.’ Taeyeon convinced herself, Sooyeon was no demon slayer to be looked down on. After all, she was around the same level as the seven Knights. She would’ve been a Knight had it not been for Boa who was more superior in terms of their freezing abilities. 

 

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

“Seulgi, get back!” Irene pulled her back with one hand while the other carried her sword to parry the attack from the demon slayer. 

 


She watched as Irene fought back the three demon slayers whilst trying not to hurt or kill them in the process. It was crazy, to think that the demon slayers were controlled like puppets to fight with each other. 

 


The only Demon Lord that would come to mind when mind controlled was mentioned would be the Lord of Sloth but he wasn’t present in the invasion. In fact, he was one of the reported Demon Lords to be in City S. 

 


Turning around to scan her surrounding, she spotted another pair of demon slayers fighting each other 

 


“Come on Seulgi, let’s go.” Irene urged when she had arrived by Seulgi's side, finally done with the three demon slayers. 

 


“What about the children?” Seulgi asked Irene, her reluctance showing as she refused to move. A sudden thought of the children came to her and she wouldn’t move unless she knew each and everyone of them were at least in safe hands. 

 


“They’re all evacuated, Seulgi. Let’s go.” Irene reassured as she grabbed onto Seulgi’s wrist and pulled her as they started to move again. 

 


“Where are we going, Irene?” Seulgi questioned later on as they tried to avoid as much fight as possible. Irene was the only capable one between the two so she would be handicapped with a Seulgi who couldn’t do much. All she would be was become baggage to Irene. 

 


“I’m getting you evacuated, Seulgi. It’s too dangerous here.” Irene answered when they neared the back gates of the sanctuary where vehicles were ready to take off for evacuation. 

 


“Just go out, there’ll be people outside taking care of the evacuation.” She said as she let go of Seulgi’s hand.

 


“What about you then?” Seulgi frowned, not liking the idea of leaving Irene behind to fight the demons, “I’m not leaving without you, Irene.” 

 


“I can’t leave, Seulgi.” Irene said, her hand caressing Seulgi’s cheek. 

 


“Bu-"

 


“Not buts, Seulgi. I’ve been trained my whole life for this.” Seulgi was pouting when she heard Irene’s word and funnily, she found it cute. 

 


“Now go, I promise I’ll come find you once it’s over.” She promised Seulgi with determined look. 

 


“Fine, but you promised me so you better still be in one piece when I see you. Promise?” Seulgi held her pinky out for Irene. 

 


“Promise.” Irene reciprocated Seulgi as they locked their pinky fingers for a pinky promise. She gave Seulgi a smile before turning around to head back to the battlefield, the center of the sanctuary. 

 


Seeing as Irene was no longer in her field of vision anymore, Seulgi decided to head out through the gates. The sight of various vehicles greeted her as soon as she stepped out of the sanctuary. 

 


“No time to just stand here, move along!” A fellow demon slayer shouted as he guided her to the vehicle for her evacuation. 

 


“Seulgi unnie!” She heard when the doors of the vehicle opened. As it turn out, she was sharing the same vehicle with the children from the Prodigy House. Most of them were crying, scared of the Demon Lord except for one boy. 

 


Jongdae didn’t cry at all as he tried to calm the group of children but Seulgi could see that he was just as scared as all the other children. His legs were shaky as he stood in the middle saying comforting words to the children, trying to distract them from scary thoughts. For a twelve year old, Jongdae was quite exceptional. 

 


“Where is Taeyeon unnie?” One of the children asked her as soon as she settled down on one of the seats. 

 


“Taeyeon is outside on a mission.” She answered them.

 


“Then what about Sooyoung unnie and Irene unnie?” Another had asked and all Seulgi could do was gather the children in a group hug, reassuring them that everything will be alright.

 

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

“I’ve taken the scythe and the eye. We shall make our departure now.” The Lord of Greed announced as he stepped out of the room where all the treasured relics of the church were kept. 

 


“You can leave first, I still have unsettled business here.” The Lord of Wrath responded as he tore apart a demon slayer with his strong hands. 

 


“Fine then, but don’t go too far and get yourself injured.” Was Greed's response. He threw the Scythe of Ravenousness to the Lord of Wrath before spreading his six large wings. 

 


“Don’t say I didn’t help you.” He said before he took off. 

 


Wrath chuckled as he grabbed the scythe, his other hand lifted the longsword that was stabbed to the ground before he roared. 

 


A massively charged arrow beam was shot toward him as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter