4.3: Rage (Part 2)

Of Demons & Blades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The vermillion in her eyes glowed brighter and the black flames on her forehead grew bigger as she charged forth to attack the six puppets. 

 


Jeongsu shot his arrows upward as a yellow circle appeared on the ground below Seulgi. The arrows were then multiplied to an extremely large amount of arrows as they all rained down on Seulgi. Seeing as even the air both her was covered by the raining arrows, Seulgi summoned a ring of black flames around herself to burn the arrows. None of the arrows were able to reach her as they were incinerated as soon as they reached the ring. 

 


The raining arrows were dealt with but the other four puppets and the Star Chasers coming her way weren’t. Jinki and Boa were the first to reach her as they both swung their hot and cold blades at her but both blades were grabbed by Seulgi’s hands that were lit up with her black flames. 

 


Sure, the ice from Inferno was deadly but the strongest flames of the Inferno were no laughing matter. The same goes to Jinki who could conjure molten lava and manipulate the earth around him with a swing of his blade. No matter how strong or hot the lava was, they would never have any effect on the Lord of Wrath. Heat would never bother her.

 


Although she was able to prevent both of the swordsmen to damage her, she was not able to avoid the incoming Star Chasers. Even with her ring of black flames that was supposed to prevent anything from entering the radius, the five powerful orbs were still able to hit her. 

 


“Ugh!” She grunted before she threw off the two former Knights. 

 


‘Damn, this hurts!’ She thought to herself as she remembered getting hurt by the exact same five orbs back in the second Holy War. 

 


Seulgi did not have time to even try to relief the pain as the halberd wielder struck her along with the brawler attacking her with his fist. 

 


It was starting to take a toll on her, having to face six former Knights while trying to keep everything under control so Joohyun would not be hurt and she couldn't even use half of her power due to these restrictions. She had to endure the five Star Chasers and now, the tip of a halberd was coming for her along with two burning fists. If it could not get any worse, it did as Jeongsu finished charging up an extremely powerful shot aiming at her, ready to shoot as soon as the two current attackers clear up a path for his arrow. 

 


Just when the tip of the halberd and the flaming fists were about to connect with her, the ground started shaking. The quake was so big it shook off the two attackers coming at her but Seulgi was not fazed at all as she turned to look at the source of the quake. 

 


What she saw was a black object moving toward them in a serpentine pattern, cracking and shaking the earth beneath as it moved toward them. To be specific? Seulgi.

 


‘I knew you would come!’

 


Taking this as a chance, Seulgi smirked to herself as she quickly pushed off both Changmin and Siwon as the black object with vermillion and lavender embroidery came toward them. The object grew longer and larger as it jumped to Seulgi who already had her hand held out to grab it. 

 


“Come to me, Ira.” She demanded.

 


Jeongsu who has been overcharging his arrow finally released it seeing as Changmin and Siwon were no longer blocking his path. As he released the shot, a large yellow energy beam in the shape of an arrow was shot straight at Seulgi. Just as the energy beam was about to hit her, the black object reached her and finalized its shifting in shape and size. 

 

 

No one knew what happened next except for the loud boom when the menacing energy beam reached Seulgi. 

 


“Seulgi!” Joohyun yelled, she was filled with anxiety when she heard a sudden boom from Seulgi’s direction. She turned to looked for Seulgi only to see thick clouds of smoke hovering the place Seulgi once stood.

 


A hollering laughter was heard through out the hall as the Lord of Greed rejoiced at Seulgi being wounded by the energy beam. 

 


“Who would’ve thought, the Lord of Wrath would easily be wounded by a lowly arrow.” He continued to laugh but stopped as he suddenly felt a difference in the atmosphere. 

 


“Who said so?” Seunghyun heard as he looked to the direction of the smoke. As the smoke dissipated, Seulgi was shown to be holding a gigantic scythe. The scythe in the hold of her right hand was shown to have hooked the energy beam and pinned it to the ground, making it seemed as though the Lord of Wrath had bended an energy beam -which she literally did. 

 


“I’m not sure if you haven’t met my dearest before but allow me to introduce him.” The Demon Lord said she lifted her scythe. She gave the gargantuan scythe a spin before she stopped and dragged it, producing a loud screeching noise due to the blade of the scythe scratching the floor as she walked slowly toward the Lord of Greed who was previously watching the fight unfold behind Jeongsu.

 


“This is my pet, Ira.” Seulgi announced as the frown on the other Demon Lord’s face grew bigger. He knew she was bluffing because the scythe on her hand was no ordinary scythe. Any demon who knew of the Lord of Wrath would know what she was talking about when she mentioned her pet, the scythe she was wielding was the sacred relic, the Scythe of Ravenousness. 

 


The Lord of Wrath's scythe was quite the famous one in the Inferno and even on Earth. Seeing the infamous black scythe with its vermillion blade and lavender spear tips at the end of its snath in person could only mean one thing, rage and destruction. Most of those who have faced the Lord of Wrath’s scythe would not live to tell the tale. 

 


“Finally playing serious now aren’t you?” The Lord of Greed questioned Seulgi as he gave her a sly smile. Afraid? That was the last thing on the list for him. This was what he was waiting for, a serious fight with the Lord of Wrath albeit she had not gone on a rampage yet but he was sure, sooner or later she would. She definitely would.

 


Seulgi did not get to answer him as the six former Knights attacked her again. Except, this time Seulgi did not need to dodge any of the attacks anymore. With her sacred relic, she could be more lenient on herself and rely on her weapon to fight back but no raging though. Nope, not going to do that.

 


The previously burning Yunho was the first to come at her with his long lance glowing in yellow hues, he pulled back his right hand before it forward in attempt to strike Seulgi. 

 


In response, Seulgi deflected the lance away with the head of her scythe before she spun it upward and stabbed Yunho's chest with the lavender spear tip at the end of the scythe's snath. Seeing that the others are closing in on her, she swung her scythe to flick away Yunho resulting in him crashing into Siwon. Immediately after their bodies crashed, Changmin and Jinki had already reached her. 

 


In an instant, she quickly hook Changmin's halberd with her scythe to stop him from attacking her while she kicked Jinki away simultaneously. With her right hand that was occupied with grabbing her scythe to prevent Changmin from attacking her, she pulled him toward her in one swift movement. She formed a purplish fireball with her left hand and shove it at him when he was close enough, setting him up on fire. 

 


Four down for now and two more to go. Boa’s ice shards along with the five Star Chasers came her way with incredible acceleration but it was proven useless this time as Seulgi took out the ice shards with her black flames. The Star Chasers? She didn’t need to dodge them anymore. All she needed to do was deflect them away with her scythe. 

 


That was it. No matter how powerful they were, the Star Chasers would not be as powerful as they once were now that the summoner was only half as powerful as their original self. The scythe was able to deflect them as after all, it was a sacred relic. 

 


Immediately after she deflected the five orbs, she rushed toward Boa to attack her. Seeing as she was wide open with nothing blocking his path, Jeongsu shot his arrows but none could touch her as she once again, summoned the ring of black flames. 

 


Boa kept her sword low as she rushed to Seulgi, her icy absolute zero blade leaving trails of ice on wherever it hovered above. As she neared Seulgi, Boa swung her sword up. The ice trails started to rise becoming bigger and bigger until they form a large iceberg to attack Seulgi but a single swing from Seulgi’s scythe broke the iceberg before Seulgi dashed toward Boa and slashed her. 

 


Boa parried the slash but Seulgi was too fast as she quickly spun her scythe to attack again. The toe of her scythe managed to hook onto Boa’s left collarbone deeply, rendering her useless as her body slowly withered, losing colour and becoming thinner and thinner. 

 


Such was the power of the great Scythe of Ravenousness. Although the name of the scythe was Ravenousness, it also had a second name to it. That is, the Hungry Scythe. The Scythe of Ravenousness that used to belong to the Vermillion Bird had a great hunger for dark energy and drains its victims’ dark energy to keep itself full. Pairing the peculiar abilities of the scythe with the purifying flames of the Vermillion Bird would result in humanity's strongest weapon against the Lord of Pride but it was proven useless as the Lord of Pride was still able to get rid of him.

 


Boa was thrown to the side after the dark energy -the one thing preserving her five centuries old dead body- residing in her was fully drained. 

 


“You’re not getting left out buddy.” Seulgi announced as she threw her scythe much like throwing a lasso as the body of the scythe grew longer and longer. It all happened to fast as Jeongsu was not able to dodge it hence his body was hooked by the scythe. With her grip on the scythe tightened, Seulgi leaped toward him as the body of the scythe shorten back to its original length. 

 


“You said you had a surprise for me, is that it? Nothing much of a surprise ya know.” Seulgi mocked Seunghyun as the scythe finished devouring the dark energy within Jeongsu's body. Two puppets down, four more to go. 

 


“I still have one more surprise for you, O' Great Purifier.” The smirk grew wider and wider on his face as he spoke. 

 


Nothing was going according to their plan so he had no choice but to summon her. The one puppet Jiyong asked him not to use but she was his last resort.

 


The original plan was to wreck havoc amongst the Church of the Seven Virtues and anger the Lord of Wrath. If she were to go on a rampage, it would meant that the contract between the church and her would be broken as lives would definitely be ended and unavoidable harm would be inflicted. 

 


If the Lord of Pride really were to come back and start a war again, then they had to make sure his greatest threat would not be on his enemy’s side.

 


They thought summoning powerful opponents would be enough for her to go on a rampage but who would have thought that the Lord of Wrath would be so calm and collected. So unlike what she used to be. 

 


The Lord of Pride had advised him to kill Joohyun as that would be a sure-fire way but Seunghyun apparently wanted to do something else and it was the very thing the Lord of Pride was against, to use that one puppet. 

 


If he really summoned her then sure enough, Seulgi would go crazy.

 


“Oh? You have another surprise for me?” Seulgi played along, acting curious as to what the Lord of Greed had in store for her. In truth, Seulgi did not care at all what surprise he was talking about. 

 


“You’re in for a big one, Seulgi.” This time, Seunghyun was already wearing a big grin on his face. Seulgi thought the grin couldn’t grow any wider but she was proven wrong when black smoke started appearing once again, signalling the summoning of yet another one of his puppets. 

 


“Who is it this time, hmm?” Seulgi asked but the other Demon Lord did not reply and only grinned at her as the smoke subsided, showing his newly summoned puppet. 

 


No word came out from Seulgi nor did she move at all when she saw the new puppet but the atmosphere in the large assembly hall changed once again the moment the Lord of Greed summoned his puppet and everyone could feel it. 

 


Something in Seulgi finally broke.

 

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

Joohyun had been watching, she had been watching Seulgi's fight ever since the loud explosion caused by Jeongsu’s charged arrow. She was worried to say the least as she watched Seulgi take on the six former Knights but shocked overwhelmed her the moment the new puppet was summoned. 

 


It wasn’t just Seulgi who was speechless as Joohyun was also speechless because the person standing before them looked exactly the same as Joohyun.

 

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

“We have her body.” The possessed human said as Sooyoung choked him with one hand while the other getting ready to claw him. 

 


“What do you mean her?” She questioned as her grip around the human’s neck tightened. 

 


“Irene." She didn't let him talk any further as she clawed him, making the demon inside leave the host's body.

 

 

 

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 


The Lord of Greed was delighted when he watched Seulgi stood there speechless, her eyes lifeless as she stared at the person standing in front of her. She looked so much like Joohyun yet she felt so different. 

 


What Joohyun gave her was calm and tranquil but what this person made her feel was the opposite. All she felt inside her then were madness and chaos. It was as if all the repressed memories and rage in her had finally been released. 

 


The lifeless Seulgi stood there started cracking. Her face cracked as black flames started to slowly spread out from beneath the cracks. Her back cracked to sprout three pairs of the largest wings Joohyun had ever witnessed in her life. The blade of the Scythe in her hold lit up in flames as she finally took a step toward the Lord of Greed. 

 


“What do you think? Surprised?” He asked in such an annoying way that right after he finished speaking, the scythe was already flying his way. He dodged it nimbly before he threw her a smile.

 


“Go on, rage.” 

 


And rage she did, the Lord of Wrath roared much like the tyrannosaurus rex you'd hear in movies, a mixture of an elephant, alligator and a tiger's roar. It was loud, so loud that the walls and the ground cracked. Black flames consumed her whole being the longer she roared, her eyes that were previously vermillion gleamed a darker shade in blood red, the two previous black flames on her forehead acting as her horns were gone and replaced with two real black sharp horns that curved upwards. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter