0.1: Meeting the demon

Of Demons & Blades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Alright Bae Joohyun, you can do this. It’s only a small fry, nothing to worry about'. Joohyun tells herself as she adjusts the sword bag she was carrying. Standing at the rooftop of an apartment building, Joohyun was able to get a good view of the city at night. Although it was currently midnight, the city was never at rest. With the lights of the city on at twenty-four seven and bustling with cars, it truly seemed that the city was always so lively.

 

However spectacular the view may be, Joohyun would always end up looking up at the sky. Even though she would not be able to see the stars -due to pollution from the city lights- Joohyun would always feel calm when she looks up. The big blue sky and clouds were always a way for her to relax. But, now should not be a time where she should be relaxing. No, she needs to get going and act fast. She needs to end it quickly and swiftly to ensure no public chaos.

 

Just like the city was never at rest, they were also never at rest. The demon slayers were highly trained individuals by the Church of The Seven Virtues to end all darkness and protect the innocent from harm of the demons. Although demons at this age of time were known to have existed to the general public, not many were lucky enough to bare witness to ever see one in action and so was the mission and vision of the Church of The Seven Virtues. That is, to protect and ensure the safety of the general public from harm of darkness.

 

Joohyun was fumbling around her jacket, looking for her phone to look for the location of the ‘Small Fry' she was supposed to kill that night. Only, when she finds it in her right pocket and takes it out, she realised that her phone has ran out of battery. 

 

‘, of all times to die out and you choose now!’  She mentally cussed to herself. She thinks hard and she is sure she remembers seeing the unit number 210 when she was rushing to her current location just now. ‘Right, unit number 210.’  She continues to convince herself.

 

Alright then, it was decided then that she should now start her ambush. She carefully takes out the sheath of her katana blade that was containing the act

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter