Kang Seulgi, vampire pianist extraordinaire

A love strong enough to beat all odds

A/N: Hi, and happy Seulrene day everyone. I wanted to write something that I know I will enjoy, and it’s been a long time since I wrote for my vampire Seulgi series, that will be ongoing, and again those who do want her to meet Joohyun’s family, she will eventually do so, this is a series, with oneshots that have stories with no real chronological order for the most part, so yeah it will one day be where she meets Joohyun’s family. This one is where Joohyun discovers Seulgi plays the piano as well, besides the other instruments she already knows of, which leads the human to discovering how she came to learn the piano, who taught her, and even how that could relate to the two of them as a couple, also a very very huge thank you to my dear friend MeloMera, thank you so much for the help, couldn’t have moved on in the story without you :)

 

Sponsor mentions: As always, thank you very much to my sponsors. I appreciate all of you so much: fabricsoftener, AvryGeist171, royalshipper2122, DTHDHR, Bernkaset, Casti1004, jasonds,  ZombieJuhyun, 112714, falsuki, wittyadie95, Fantasiii, Km62201n, Eris78, User_name1200, Androsssss, hiraiim-trash, theRequiem78, jyrus_21, Seosunny, kingdomcomes, sleepyhead, Jewster88, InformedPuppy, Fladoodlem8, ericakate, dga214, pinkpinkypin, Moonstunt, Sarcasaticree, PandaExpress69, shinneay, dmac20, Tashphobic, kiyomamoo, iamforeverlame, Mmm2392, CheezeeMyoui,  aya_ah98, bangton, blazeaf, Supergirl,  Revelsone, aya_ah98, Nyssa21, Icantstandtofly, Mooncrush22, sawyer09, taeyang729,  tinybean, RedPaint, PengusTigerClub, Shouto818, KetchupPeng, coolspeed, anijit, chomisus, SleepyRu, tay_84, jjlevi93,  RG_Blink, Tekiii, LOCOppl, AliyaViktoria, YANGx_, hanz316, Samlion, Normallyotp, j33200, atlastheresam, kasey_1432, Seulsbear, Karasxo, Mehrus, izujon, Chan_94 . Thank you so much for being sponsors. :)
 


 




 

Joohyun was just about to leave work when she received the text from Seulgi to meet her at the music concert hall in town, if she had time, and wasn’t busy. The human knows that her vampire love is in preparation for an upcoming show, and usually during those particular times, Seulgi can get busy. Sometimes, depending on the amount of shows Seulgi is performing, Joohyun will not even see Seulgi for a week or more, but at the least they do have some sort of communication. The brunette smiles to herself at the sweet text, since Seulgi leaves a rose emoji there as well.

 

MyyVampire: Hyun, if you’re not busy, or have other plans, would you mind coming to the concert hall? There is something I would like you to see first.

 

Seulgi will often show her bits and pieces of new music, or sometimes share with her entire songs, and Joohyun feels like the luckiest fangirl, getting to see her hot musician girlfriend play her music first before anyone else does. Then again, said hot musician has also written, played, and dedicated music to her on stage as well, so it didn’t get any better than that as far as Joohyun was concerned. Well, that settled it, Joohyun was heading over to the concert hall, as if there was any doubt. Besides, it’s been a week now since she has last seen Seulgi, and that’s a week too long in her opinion. Not that she hasn’t spoken to the woman she loves every other day, and texts have been shared. It’s good, but it’s not the same as seeing Seulgi, holding her, touching her, being in the same space.

 

“I think I love her too much.”

 

Although, there is never anything wrong with being too in love with someone as incredible as Kang Seulgi. Someone who really does complete her in ways that she has never felt before, and in Joohyun’s opinion never expects to feel again. In her heart, she believes the vampire is her destined, someone meant for her, nothing else makes sense. Seulgi often expresses similar sentiments to her, that she has never felt anything like what she feels for the human, not even when she herself was once human, and doesn’t expect to find someone like Joohyun, because Joohyun is the most special person there is.

 

“Not that I’m looking, I’ve found the most amazing woman there is.” Seulgi’s words in her mind make her smile.

 

She needed to see her now, and see what this surprise was that Seulgi wanted her to know about first. No doubt, it must be about her upcoming show, and whatever it is, Joohyun finds herself excited to learn what it is. The brunette heads out of the office, and decides in an effort to surprise her girlfriend, she will be the one to bring her flowers this time, as she knows Seulgi will get a big kick out of it, and probably find it amusing. She picks out a pretty assorted bouquet of flowers, some roses and carnations too, before making her way to the concert hall. The first thing she notices upon arrival is music playing, that is not unusual at all. Seulgi would be practicing, as the vampire is passionate about her music.

 

“That’s not a violin.” Joohyun can tell, since it doesn’t sound like a violin at all. She walks into the concert hall, and further inside to where the music gets stronger, and there on stage she spots the blonde vampire sitting at what is very clearly a piano, and Joohyun’s mouth drops. How is it that she has been dating Seulgi for more than a year, and is just finding out that the woman can play the piano? The way she is just as focused, dedicated, hitting the piano keys with the same sort of precision she does with her violin. Kang Seulgi is a musician, through and through.

 

“Hyun.” Seulgi speaks, back turned. “You made it.”

 

“Ah,” she laughs, running her fingers through brown locks. “You’re going to tell me when you started playing piano, right?”

 

Seulgi smiles softly to herself, only still doesn’t turn around just yet. She wanted Joohyun to come see her playing the piano first before the show, as a surprise. Since, her girlfriend has never seen her playing the piano before. The vampire doesn’t play the entire piece of the song, just a small sample, and when she stops. She turns around to hear clapping, and an excited Joohyun heading onto the stage, holding onto the bouquet of flowers. The crimson-eyed woman takes one look at the flowers and smiles. She isn’t even surprised at all.

 

“Flowers, for me?”

 

“Yes, I thought it would be a nice gesture for me to give you flowers for once.” She smiles back, and hands them over to the vampire, who does take them.

 

“Beautiful,” Seulgi whispers, while looking at Joohyun, and not so much the flowers, which makes the brunette blush instantly. 

 

“You’re supposed to be talking about the flowers, you know?” She gently touches the vampire’s face, and sits down beside her at the piano. Joohyun is too curious now. She must know about the fact that Seulgi plays this instrument too, because this is brand new information. 

 

“I was talking about the flowers.” She says, although she kisses her hand while saying so. Joohyun gently bumps her shoulder and gestures again to the piano, wondering again why it is she’s just finding out about it. 

 

“So, the piano? How long have you known how to play, and why am I just finding out about this?”

 

Seulgi has a thoughtful look on her face. She likes that her human is so curious about her, eager to learn all there is to know about her. Seulgi enjoys that even though they have been together for more than a year, and they do know much about one another, they are constantly learning new things. Seulgi figured that now was as good a time as any to share with the woman she loves that she does indeed know how to play the piano too.

 

“I can’t reveal all my secrets to you right away, Hyun. You could get bored and seek other more fascinating supernatural creatures.”

 

“S-Stop!” Joohyun laughs and kisses her lips softly. “You know that is impossible, there isn’t anyone more fascinating than you, Kang Seulgi. But I am really very interested in the fact you can play the piano, can you tell me more?”

 

“Sure, but not here. Let’s go to my place, unless you need to get home? I know you just had work.”

 

Joohyun won’t miss the chance to spend more time with her girlfriend. She agrees to heading over to the blonde’s place with her, and takes Seulgi’s offered hand. The vampire first thanks the staff at the concert hall, as she usually will anytime she has practice sessions here before any show. Joohyun has never known anyone with impeccable manners like Seulgi, the kind of person who leaves generous tips behind wherever they go, whether it’s to dinner, or a service that she has done for her. Seulgi is truly the definition of old-world manners, but Joohyun supposes it does come from the fact that the woman is in reality a five-hundred-year-old vampire.

 

“You’ll be introducing the piano at your show this weekend, that is exciting.” Joohyun squeezes her hand while they walk out the concert venue. Everyone of Seulgi’s shows is always interesting, because the woman is more than just a talented musician. She gives 100 percent of herself, all of her passion, to make sure no one leaves disappointed and their money is well spent. Joohyun has been to quite a few of her girlfriend’s shows and each one is always like a new experience. 

 

“I’ve been holding it as a surprise, I know everyone knows me as this world famous violinist, but this violinist has other tricks up her sleeves.”

 

“Yes,” Joohyun says softly with this proud gaze fixed onto her girlfriend. Seulgi might be known to many as being this talented violinist, but that doesn’t mean that’s all there is to her. She isn’t supposed to be categorized into a box when she is a woman of many talents. “I can’t wait for everyone to see more of what you can do, Seul.”


 

She is more eager at the moment to hear about the backstory. Seulgi has to tell her more, otherwise she could very well lose her mind to her curiosity. The story has to be an interesting one, since when it comes to her vampire, there is never a dull moment.

 

“You were bored and taught yourself?” The human throws it out there as they walk.

 

“Hm, no?”

 

“Sooyoung or Yerim taught you?” Her friends are very close to her, so it wouldn’t be that hard to believe if either of them taught her.

 

“Well…” Seulgi pretends to think. “Soo, isn’t musically inclined. Although Yerim does actually play the guitar, not the piano, I’m afraid.” The blonde smiles and leaves a soft kiss to the human’s forehead. “You get a kiss for trying.”

 

“I wasn’t finished guessing!” The slightly shorter wanted at least one more chance to guess how Seulgi knows how to play, only Seulgi gently covers her lips with a finger. She has a playful smile on her face that tells Joohyun she will still have to wait to find out.

 

“Soon, Hyun, all answers will be revealed soon.”

 

“Alright, fine.” She grumbles some, only looking adorable to Seulgi. They continue the walk to the musician’s apartment hand in hand, making light conversation as Seulgi asks her how her day was, and how work went for her. But doesn’t forget to mention how much she missed her while not seeing her for the past week, with Joohyun sharing the same sentiment. The week apart had been particularly long for her as well, and at least once Seulgi’s show is over the vampire won’t be as busy for awhile.


 

“Have you redecorated?” Joohyun notices that there is some new furniture in the living room, a new recliner, one that Joohyun personally mentioned she should get, a new black leather sectional, and the curtains are a dark purple color, instead of the former black, she smiles and nudges her girlfriend.

 

“I took a hint from you, but not too much purple.” She makes note of her human girlfriend’s love of the color. She has come to also enjoy it too, perhaps not excessively as Joohyun does, but she can appreciate the darker tones that suit her personal tastes.

 

“I love it, is the bedroom different too.”

 

“Ah,” the crimson-eyed woman laughs. “You’re very interested in the bedroom, are you no longer interested in my piano story?”

 

She is very interested in the story of how Seulgi knows how to play the piano. The vampire isn’t going to get away that easily.

 

“Hey, you’re not getting off the hook that easily, tell me.”

 

“I will, but first you need to come with me.” The blonde offers her hand. Joohyun takes her hand and follows her. As many times as Joohyun has been to her vampire love’s apartment, she is ashamed to admit there is one room in the place that she hasn’t been, mostly because Seulgi has had it closed off, and Joohyun felt it best to wait until her girlfriend felt comfortable with showing her the room.

 

“Close your eyes.” 

 

Joohyun closes her eyes as she’s asked, and the moment she’s able to open them, she sees a very cozy setting, candle holders that no doubt are lit on special occasions, with warm cool colored walls and carpeting that contrast with the grand all white piano in the center of the room. Joohyun is certain that she had never seen a more beautiful piano in her life. She can’t imagine how much it must have cost either, despite knowing how wealthy her girlfriend is.

 

“That’s the most beautiful piano I’ve ever seen, Seul.”

 

“Yes, it was a gift, custom made.”

 

“Like your Stradivarius? Will only I be able to hear the music from this one too?”

 

Joohyun has never forgotten the fact that when she first met the vampire, who was playing her unique custom-made violin at the time, that only she could hear the music. She is the only human who can, no other human had, something Seulgi made sure she knew right away. A fact that the blonde seemed fascinated by, believing Joohyun to be very special indeed.

 

“It wasn’t made by the same master demon-crafter, no.” Seulgi shakes her head. “It was still made by someone with a magical talent, so it’s a unique piano. Sit with me, Hyun, and I’ll tell you about my piano teacher.”

 

Seulgi had a piano teacher, well it was a start. Joohyun sits down at the piano with Seulgi who has this thoughtful look on her face as she begins to recall her tale.

 

“I was a younger vampire around this time, and seeing the world, a traveling musician, if you will, when one day I saw this sign for piano lessons, at first the decision was really out of boredom…


 

(Flashback)

 

Kang Seulgi found herself in Paris, not on purpose, but purely on accident. The ship she took was originally heading for another part of Europe but had to make an emergency docking in Paris. The vampire wasn’t going to turn down an exploration of Paris, she’s not been yet, and she might as well enjoy all it had to offer, the lights, the Eiffel tower, Palace of Versailles, the insane fashion of the times, not to mention the art. Kang Seulgi was here for it all, and as the crimson-eyed woman gets off of the ship she spends a few hours taking in the sights. It’s a beautiful city indeed, someone could get lost in the magic of Paris.

 

“Maybe, I’ll fall in love.” Seulgi laughs to herself, holding tight to her violin case, her most prized possession. She seriously doubts she will find love here, when music is her love at this point, and while she is walking through a crowded square she sees a bulletin board of fliers advertising different services, restaurant openings, shops, and such, but the one thing that catches her eyes are piano lessons, reasonably priced piano lessons at that, which take Seulgi by surprise, who would give cheap piano lessons?

 

“For interested parties contact, Mistress Im Seohyun….” She reads the name off the paper and copies down the address of this woman, Im Seohyun.”


 

Joohyun wonders, but it doesn’t feel right to ask, surely this Im Seohyun woman must be deceased by now. Seulgi is an older vampire now, and her time in Paris sounds like a long time ago. She gently touches the blonde’s shoulder, who stops messing with the keys for a moment to look at Joohyun, and sees she looks concerned about her.

 

“What’s wrong, Hyun?”

 

“Are you okay? You probably can’t help but feel sad, right? She can’t be living anymore since that was a long time ago?”

 

Oh, that’s why her human is looking at her in that way, with loving concern. She thinks Seohyun isn’t alive anymore, and she was having a thought in silence for her former piano teacher.

 

“It’s true that it was a long time ago, but I never said that my piano teacher isn’t still living.”

 

“W-What, then…”

 

“Are you thirsty?” The blonde says suddenly.
 

“What, thirsty?” How can Seulgi ask if she’s thirsty so randomly in the beginning of her story that was only just starting, how very rude of her girlfriend, but yet thoughtful too since Joohyun is actually in reality feeling quite thirsty suddenly. 

 

“Wine, juice, maybe tea?” She names some of the beverages she has in her refrigerator. Joohyun settles for a glass of wine since Seulgi has truly a nice wine collection, some imported from various parts of the world.

 

“Red or white?”

 

“Surprise me.” Joohyun smiles and grabs her hand leaving a kiss that surprises the vampire, specifically because she kisses so close to their shared couple ring. Seulgi stares over at the matching one on Joohyun’s finger. She never thought she would be the type to have anything like this, matching rings with someone she loved, save for wedding rings, then again she also didn’t think marriage was in her future either, especially when she became a vampire. Being with Joohyun makes her consider many things, however, like even the possibility of being married.

 

“Seul, are you sure that you’re alright?” The brown-haired woman is starting to get worried since Seulgi is sort of zoning out and staring at her ring like it will explode or something of that nature. The musician is still not talking and that worries her even more, Joohyun stands up, taking her hands and caressing pale cheeks. Crimson eyes look down into warm chocolate brown. She didn’t mean to make Joohyun concerned.

 

“I’m sorry, Hyun. I think….what is it that you humans say, my soul left my body, figuratively speaking, of course.”

 

There’s her sweet vampire being confused about human terms again. Joohyun chuckles softly, leans up to kiss her forehead, and lets go of her cheeks.

 

“Hey, just because you’re a vampire doesn’t mean you have no soul, baby. I know you have a soul, now please bring me a glass of wine, since you offered.” She smiles in that way that Seulgi knows if she were truly a live her cheeks would be red, even though Bae Joohyun makes her feel more than alive.

 

“At your service, my lady.”

 

She gives a polite bow and leaves to get a glass of wine as promised. While alone in the room, Joohyun is able to look around some more, and notices there are some bean bag chairs in one corner, and a decent sized futon that looks comfortable, so Seulgi must rest here, it’s certainly a cozy enough room.

 

“My girlfriend likes bean bag chairs.” Joohyun finds it amusing in an adorable way as she thinks of her vampire girlfriend laid out on those huge multi-colored chairs, probably writing song lyrics, or sleeping. She finds the images too cute honestly and by the time Seulgi comes back with her glass of Pinot Grigio, she notices the way Joohyun is already laid out on one of the huge bean bag chairs, and it makes her pause, smile, before placing the glass of wine down.

 

“You like the bean bag chairs too?” Seulgi questions.

 

“Of course, I could really fall asleep right here, I find it impossibly cute that you like bean bag chairs, how long has this been a thing, hon?”

 

Seulgi helps her up first so that she’s able to properly drink her wine before answering that question.

 

“Oh, maybe the last 100 years, once I knew there was nothing inside of them, really, nothing that was going to come out and attack or…” She stops talking because Joohyun is staring at her like she’s trying not to laugh, and that makes her frown, only making the blonde woman look even more adorable to her.

 

“Aww, sweetie, I think you’re just the most adorable vampire ever, you were afraid of the bean bag chairs.”

 

“I...wasn’t….” Seulgi shakes her head, that wasn’t what she said at all, why does her girlfriend not hear her when she talks. Joohyun is still going on about how she’s cute and Seulgi is left feeling like she should be the one with a glass of wine before her. She grabs one of Joohyun’s hands and that makes the brunette stop her teasing long enough to look toward her.

 

“Can I tell you about Madame Im, now?”

 

“Yes, please. You’re the one who keeps pausing the story, unless that’s for some sort of dramatic effect.” The human teases just once more and Seulgi playfully rolls her eyes.

 

“Yes, dramatic effect.” She deadpans. “Now, you know my dreaded vampiric power, I’m afraid I can’t let you leave after this, Bae Joohyun.”

 

“Ooh, I’m so scared, Kang Seulgi, I’ll just have to remain your prisoner then. Your prisoner of love.”

 

“Well, I’m yours too.” The soft tone again, tender, and full of love warms Joohyun’s hearts, just when she thinks she couldn’t possibly love this woman more, the musician always proves that it is indeed possible she can. Joohyun gives her hand a squeeze and Seulgi begins her story again.

 

“I’ll never forget the first lesson with her, not only because it was probably the worst snowstorm I’d ever seen, but she really was an interesting teacher, and not only because she was like me.”


 

(Flashback)

 

Seulgi followed the directions on the flier and it led her to a very classic gothic mansion, pretty much her tastes, right down to the gargoyles on the lawn, a part of Seulgi wondered if they would spring to life at some point. The vampire sort of hoped they would. She was greeted by a servant who told her Madame Im would be with her soon and to make herself comfortable in the living room. Seulgi really wanted to look around, since the house suited her tastes perfectly, the art, the garden view from the large windows, whoever this Madame Im was clearly was a refined lady. 

 

“Good evening, Ms. Kang is it?” She soon hears a soft, polite voice calling out to her. Seulgi turns instantly to see a woman dressed elegantly, in a fine velvet dress, dark shawl over her. Hair in a neat bun with fancy embrodiery. A fine, wealthy lady indeed if Seulgi had ever seen, not that Seulgi herself is dressed shabbily in her dark button-shirt, tweed jacket, and slacks. She looks decent enough but nothing compared to this woman who looks like she just came from an evening at the opera. There is this soft look about her too, royal even, and not that Seulgi needed the pale skin or impossibly bright garnet eyes to tell her one of her own. Seulgi would spot another vampire easily, humans might not tell right away, as they can be fooled, tricked, and in some cases see whatever the creature of the night wants them to see. But, from one creature to another, it’s very clear. Seulgi just wonders who will say something first, because at the moment the only thing Madame Im is speaking about is the piano lessons.

 

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Kang.”

 

“Likewise, Madame Im.”

 

 Pleasantries of course would be exchanged, Seulgi is a woman of high class and manners too, just like Madame Im, who is soon leads her to her gorgeous music room, a grand room in size, that has large windows with a balcony, wood flooring, bricked-in fireplace, and then the most glorious piano Seulgi has ever seen. Seulgi is a violinist, but that doesn’t mean she isn’t appreciative of other music, or can’t play other instruments, however the piano is one such instrument she has not ever played.

 

“Would you play something for me, Ms. Kang, I would like to see your skill level, so that I can best determine your lessons with me.”

 

“Of course.”
 

Seulgi sits at the piano as asked, fully aware of the intense way she is being watched, she touches the keys, but her hands are violinist’s hands, ones used to drawing out the strings of that particular instrument, not the cold keys of a piano, and before she knows it the other vampire touches her hands, in a gentle way.

 

“I bet you play violin lovely, Ms. Kang.”

 

She doesn’t even have to ask how it is that Seohyun knows she plays violin, a musician can tell.

 

“However, we must get you to have a pianist soul too if we can proceed, if you are still interested, that is?”

 

“Yes, I don’t want to limit myself, Madame Im. I love music in any form, when would the lessons start?”

 

Seohyun smiles in a brighter way, brighter than Seulgi has seen from the whole time she arrived at her house. “Well, right now, of course. Only, you really should call me, Seohyun, dear. We shouldn’t be too formal, from one vampire to another, it would be nice to be at least friendly, yes?”


 

(End)


 

The brown-haired woman is sure that she is staring wide-eyed at Seulgi, although she isn’t too surprised, Seulgi’s teacher had to be a vampire as well, or some other form of supernatural being since she is still living, at the same time, Joohyun still finds herself amazed, and fascinated. She enjoys when Seulgi opens up to her, because she gets to learn more about the woman she learns, her past, the past that makes up centuries worth of stories before Joohyun was even alive herself, and even knew Seulgi.

 

“Incredible, no wonder you must have been able to strike up a friendship with her, right? She is a vampire too.”

 

“Eventually, yes. She was a strict but fair teacher, I learned much from her, so when you see my full performance, it’s any good, then you’ll have to credit her for all the work she put in.”

 

“You give yourself too little credit, sweetie, I’m sure.” Joohyun looks at her phone, noticing the time. “Oh, I didn’t realize it was getting so late, I should probably get home, but…” She’d much rather be staying here with Seulgi if she were being completely honest. Sensing that Joohyun would rather be with her, the vampire leans forward to kiss her forehead.

 

“Stay, you have overnight clothes here, and we can order dinner so you can eat, plus I can make breakfast for you in the morning properly.” The blonde will go in the morning to pick up groceries and make Joohyun a delicious breakfast. She has some things, but not enough to really make anything worthwhile. 

 

“My girlfriend is asking me to stay, then of course I’ll stay. You can tell me more of your story, because no way that’s it.”

 

Seulgi smiles at the excited little grin on Joohyun’s face. “Oh, and how can you be so sure?”

 

“Because with you, there’s no way that can be the end. Now, if you don’t mind, I do need to make a few work related calls, but you know what I like, so you can call the takeout.”

 

Seulgi knows and doesn’t mind ordering the take out for her. She makes all sorts of mental notes of what her girlfriend likes, dislikes, quirks, things that make her happy, ever since they began getting closer. Seulgi gives her some privacy to make her work calls, because she needs to place a takeout order, and make some calls of her own anyway, and she does that in her main music room. The one where she usually works on song lyrics, it’s her most creative space in her apartment, one completely uninterrupted from the real world, like a paradise of sorts. By the time she’s finished ordering the food, and making her own calls, she heads out into the living room area to find Joohyun on the couch waiting for her.

 

“It’s been awhile since I was over here, I almost forgot how much I missed being with you in your place.”
 

Seulgi has a thoughtful look on her face as she leans up against the wall. “Bae Joohyun, are you asking to move in with me?”

 

Joohyun pauses, looking stunned that Seulgi actually asked her if that’s what’s on her mind. She has been thinking about it lately, more than ever, because they’ve been together a while now, and are in love, in a serious relationship, with neither of them even thinking of other people, why not? Why not make the first major step of moving in together? 

 

“Well, yes.” She nods confidently. “I mean, I’m sure we’d have to talk about it more, really discuss things, but I’d like to live with my girlfriend that I love very much.”

 

Seulgi in all of her years has not shared a living space with anyone, as there has not been anyone special enough to even be considered. It’s not like she hasn’t thought about living together with Joohyun, their relationship has progressed to a point where living together should be in discussion.

 

“I would like that too, Hyun.” Seulgi agrees. “We should talk about it further, in more detail, however your food should be coming in about thirty minutes, so…”

 

“I know, how about you tell me more about your time in Paris, and your piano teacher, or will you be saving that for a bedtime story?”

 

Bedtime story?

 

Seulgi tries not to laugh at the way she teases her. Joohyun gently pats the spot on the couch beside her, urging her vampire to sit, and as soon as she is next to Joohyun on the couch. The shorter woman leans her head onto Seulgi’s chest and she wraps an arm around her to bring Joohyun even closer.

 

“Jennie and Chaeyoung will come to your show this weekend, they are excited to see you play live.” She mentions her friends whom Seulgi hasn’t seen in awhile.

 

“It will be nice to see them, I’m glad they both have time to come, make sure they stick around after, I’ll treat you all to dinner.”

 

“Perks of having a wealthy vampire girlfriend.” Joohyun teases softly. “But, seriously that’s very sweet, thank you for offering.”

 

“Anytime, Hyun.”

 

Joohyun could get used to this, being together in the same living space with Seulgi, times where they’re just on the couch, relaxed, or maybe she’s just gotten in from work and Seulgi is waiting for her, so that they can spend time together. She thinks about getting to go to bed every night in Seulgi’s arms, and waking up every morning still in her arms, just some of the things she wants with the woman she loves. She dozes off slightly thinking about the possibilities and soon enough Joohyun is being woken up to eat.

 

“Foods here.” 

 

“I’m so hungry.” She yawns and looks too cute to Seulgi in that moment. 

 

“Let’s make sure you eat.”

 

Nothing is more satisfying to the blonde than seeing Joohyun eating and enjoying her food. She sits across from her, happy to see the woman she loves content by the food, and savoring every bite.

 

“I feel so bad sometimes, I can eat all this food, and then you’re just watching me.”

 

“I enjoy watching you eat, it makes me happy to know you’re enjoying everything, Hyun.”

 

“Oh, I’m enjoying everything, and is that chocolate-molten lava cake!” 

 

Seulgi laughs at the excited way she eyes the dessert. Her girlfriend is the most adorable human in the world, she just is. Seulgi makes a mental note to always have this particular dessert whenever the opportunity presents itself. After Joohyun finished eating, the two prepared for bed, more so Joohyun herself was tired from her work day, but that didn’t mean she wasn’t eager to hear more of Seulgi’s story. Luckily, the warm shower she took woke her up, and when she came to the vampire’s bedroom ready for more of Seulgi’s piano teacher tale, she saw no sight of the woman.

 

“Really, though…” She sighs. “I’m going to think you are being a dramatic vampire in a minute, babe.”
 

Yet, her questions are answered when she hears Seulgi’s violin. It’s not surprising at all, often when Joohyun stays over, the blonde can be found or heard playing music. Joohyun makes her way to the music, noticing it’s not a song she’s heard before, meaning it’s possibly new for the upcoming show this Saturday, or new music Seulgi is working on not yet completed.

 

“Seul?” 

 

The gentle knock on the door has Seulgi tell Joohyun to enter, but she doesn’t stop playing. The human enters the room, spotting her love by the windows to the balcony, and can’t help but to stare at the beautiful sight, as the moonlight hits the pale woman perfectly, the way her hand sways back and forth against the violin’s strings, once again bringing it to life in only the way Seulgi can. The song itself, although upbeat in places, Joohyun feels it’s haunting undertones, letting her know there’s more, possibly a deeper story. With Seulgi, there’s always a deeper tale in her music, that needs to be unwoven properly.

 

“It’s not finished.” The music stops suddenly. Joohyun comes over as she can see the frustrated look on her face.

 

“Hey, brilliant musician, it’ll come to you. Maybe you need to give that talented mind of yours a rest, and come to bed with me.” 

 

“You just want to hear about Madame Im.”

 

The human frowns. “If you keep calling her name so affectionately, I’ll start thinking she meant more than your piano teacher, and then my feelings will be very, very hurt.”

 

It’s a trap, of course. Seulgi knows what Joohyun is trying to do, goad her into telling more about her piano lessons, by pretending she’s jealous of Madame Im. Yet, there could be a slight chance Joohyun could be really jealous, she just doubts it.

 

“If you think I’m old, then you must know Madame Im was certainly older than me, and if it helps you, she is very married.”

 

“Married?”

 

Oh, now Joohyun must hear more of Seulgi’s story, and so she grabs one of the vampire’s hands to start dragging her toward the bedroom.

 

“Come on, to bed now! Tell me more of your story!”

 

“A-Alright, alright, to bed then.”

 

The blonde allows herself to be led toward her bedroom, they should be comfortable anyway as she tells more of her tale, and how can she deny Joohyun who is genuinely interested and cuddles up to practically right away. It’s the most wonderful feeling, having someone love you, and wants to learn things about you, Seulgi feels grateful each day.

 

“So, your piano teacher is married?”

 

“Yes, she is married. I didn’t meet her spouse right away, but it was maybe a month into my lessons…”

 

(Flashback)
 

Seohyun never imagined she would be teaching a fellow vampire, not since settling in Paris as a piano teacher in her spare time. For the most part, she’s only taught humans, and so when Kang Seulgi showed up at her home to take up piano lessons, another vampire was not what she expected at all. She could tell the younger vampire was gifted, a natural pianist she was not, however a hard worker she was, and Seohyun respected that. She would much rather teach someone willing to learn than someone arrogant any day.

 

“Better.” She smiled kindly after Seulgi finished her third attempt at the Mozart piece.

 

“I’m still bad at this.” Seulgi sighs, not that she expected to be the best piano player in the world overnight or anything. Seulgi really at least thought she would see better results, and it’s not because Seohyun is a bad teacher, she is in fact an excellent teacher, patient, but strict when necessary, and it’s nice knowing another vampire while she lives in Paris for the time being.

 

“You aren’t….terrible.”

 

The two share a laugh and then Seulgi pauses, as she catches the scent of something, or rather someone, although it’s not the first time she has caught this particular smell. The smell of mahogany and if she were being honest, fur, dog-like, and that’s when Seulgi decides to ask Seohyun an important question.

 

“Do you have a dog?”

 

“A dog, no. Why do you ask?”

 

“There’s the smell in the air like that of a dog, only it must not really be, so unless you have a werewolf problem.” Naturally, it must be werewolves, the smell of dog that is usually most displeasing to any vampire, except this smell isn’t very unpleasant. Seohyun turns to look at her with an unreadable expression at first, one that turns into a soft smile.

 

“I don’t have a problem, my werewolf is actually very well-mannered, and has been wanting to meet you for weeks now, if that’s alright with you. I would understand if that might not be an option for you.” Seohyun has only known Seulgi for a short while, and she is a respectful, polite woman, but again that doesn’t mean she will be comfortable with her werewolf spouse, most vampires do not associate with werewolves, as the same can be said for most werewolves. 

 

“Well, sure,” Seulgi nods. “I’m not going to try and attack your wife or anything because she’s a werewolf, as long as she doesn’t try and attack me. She won’t see me as a snack, right?” The joke is made and Seohyun chuckles slightly.

 

“I don’t think so, I’m sure she’s eaten enough already, but stay here, I’ll get her, so you can finally be properly introduced.”

 

Seulgi waits at the piano for a while, not sure who she will meet, is Seohyun’s in werewolf form, or will she have a more human-like appearance, either way Seulgi never imagined her piano lessons would lead her to meeting a werewolf too. In the distance, Seulgi can hear hushed murmrus, sounds of Seohyun talking to her wife, and when she hears footsteps, Seulgi turns around to see a brown-haired woman next to Seohyun, slim and fit in appearance, dressed like she’s into carpentry or woodworking of some kind. She has a deer-like face too, contrasting the fact that she’s a werewolf.

 

“Kang Seulgi, please meet my wife, Im Yoona. Yoona, sweetheart, please meet my student, Kang Seulgi.”

 

The woman, Yoona walks over, and offers Seulgi the most polite, brightest smile as she reaches out to offer the vampire a handshake. No way, would Seulgi imagine that a werewolf would smile kindly to her, or offer her hand in such a way. But, Kang Seulgi is not without manners, and so she takes Yoona’s offered hand and smiles in a polite way.

 

“Hello, Kang Seulgi. Pleasure to finally meet you in person.”

 

“Hello, Yoona, likewise, the pleasure is all mine.”

 

(End)



 

Joohyun is stunned by what she hears, so much so that she gets up and stares with wide open at her girlfriend, who is just laying there looking at her with an amused look on her face. She figured that Joohyun would find that part interesting.

 

“Ms. Seohyun married a werewolf?”

 

“Oh, now you’re calling her as Ms. Seohyun, now that you know there was never anything romantic between us.” Seulgi places her hand to her cheek affectionately, and kisses her lips. “But, yes, she is very married to a werewolf, and the reason I told you that is because, it’s like us too. Technically we shouldn’t be together either, a human and a vampire, yet here we are. I thought it would be nice to share that with you, how a couple like them could be together, and beat the odds, inspiration, you know?”

 

The human nods in agreement, feeling touched by the sweet sentiment. Seulgi is right, the two of them are also a couple that have odds against them, being a human and a vampire. She finds herself wondering more about Ms. Seohyun and her wife Yooan, they must have had hard times too. Joohyun moves to embrace Seulgi again, cuddled up into the vampire’s arms.

 

“I hear what you’re saying, babe. Logically, we shouldn’t be together, but none of our differences have kept us apart.”

 

“Yes, we’re very fortunate, Hyun.”

 

The brunette’s eyes close slightly. “It’s too bad I couldn’t meet them, Ms. Seohyun and her wife.”
 

“Who says you can’t?”

 

“What, you mean…” Joohyun didn’t expect to hear anything like that. She was thinking that how it would be lovely to possibly meet Seulgi’s piano teacher and her wife, people who she speaks well of, but didn’t think it was truly possible.

 

“Yes, you will meet them, I promise. Now, talk to me more about your plans to move in with me, at least until you fall asleep.”

 

And so, that’s what Joohyun did. She laid in the arms of the woman she loves, with Seulgi holding onto her in that loving, but protective embrace, as she discussed things like what she thought about earlier. Getting to be in the same space together, whether it was sitting cuddled up on the living room couch, or Seulgi working on music with Joohyun nearby watching, or really just the feeling of coming home to be with Seulgi after a day of work. Seulgi listened and for someone who never imagined sharing a living space with anyone, she had to admit everything that Joohyun told her sounded wonderful. 

 

“Sounds wonderful…” Seulgi whispers softly into the night, Joohyun asleep in her arms, with the same thoughts on her mind as well, and looking forward to the day Joohyun was officially living here with her.


 

Another reason the human wanted to stay the night with her vampire is because she knows how hectic it can be for the musician before any show. It’s why Joohyun enjoyed her morning waking up to Seulgi, so well, since it truly was the last time she ended up seeing the blonde. Seulgi had to prepare for the show, whether that meant last minute rehearsal, going into the concert hall to meet with the staff and stage crew, then sometimes having to give interviews with reporters. Not that Joohyun, who had work obligations, as well as projects to handle, wasn’t also busy too, so it meant they didn’t see each other at times. There were still the texts and phone calls, messages that made Joohyun get the biggest smile on her face, no matter what time of day she received them, and she hoped her vampire was smiling too when getting her messages.

 

“I miss you, I hope you’re eating well, Hyun.”

 

“I miss you more, Seul. I can’t wait for Saturday.”

 

No matter how much she was missing her vampire, the days passed faster than even Joohyun realized, and before she knew it she was meeting Jennie and Chaeyoung that Saturday evening just before Seulgi’s show. Her friends had not yet made it to one of Seulgi’s live performances, mostly because they spend a lot of time out of town for work, both of them respectively, so often it is hard for even Joohyun to meet them like she wants. 

 

“Hi, guys.” She waves to her friends, who are waiting just by the cafe where they decided to meet first. “Were you waiting long?”

 

“No,” Jennie smiles warmly, hugging Joohyun first. “Chaeng and I just got here ourselves.”

 

“Hi, Hyun.” Chaeyoung smiles too. “We’re finally going to see your world famous girlfriend playing today, Jen and I are both excited.” The couple both genuinely feel excitement over the fact they’ll soon be able to see Seulgi’s show in person, Joohyun has talked about it, and they’re curious to see the violinist too.

 

“Seulgi will be glad to see you both again, it’s been awhile since she has, but we have time to grab some tea, at least. The show doesn’t start until another forty-five minutes.”

 

The three women decide to grab tea together before the show, as they have time, and it gives Joohyun a chance to catch up with the couple, about what they’ve been up to, and how they’re doing. It’s nice for Joohyun to be able to have this time to catch up, and she is glad to finally have her friends here with her to enjoy Seulgi’s show soon.

 

“Seul said to stick around afterwards, because she’ll treat us to dinner.”

 

“Oh, that’s nice of her. But she’s really nice anyway. You’d better hold onto her, Joohyun, or some other fascinating human can swoop in and steal her from you.” Jennie playfully teases, and that makes Joohyun frown, no other human, will be coming along to steal her beloved vampire away.

 

“Haha, so funny, Jen.”

 

“That’s not nice, baby.” Chaeyoung whispers with an amused smile, as she grabs her wife’s hand. “Joohyun is practically an entire vampire’s wife as it is.”

 

Chaeyoung’s comment makes her laugh more than it should, because it just sounds ridiculous, and yet, the brunette also really knows she would like that, being Seulgi’s wife. Maybe, one day she would be.

 

“Alright, very funny, you two. Now, drink your tea because we do have to go to the concert hall, and get our seats soon.”

 

Once again, her friends start talking about how they are looking forward to the show. Joohyun as well, since it will be the first time she can see Seulgi playing the piano, something tells her that this will probably be one of the best experiences yet. She reaches for her phone out of her purse to send Seulgi a text.

 

“Good luck tonight, Seulgi. I’ll see you very soon, I love you.”


 

Seulgi is standing backstage, close to one of the exits, as many times as she has played live, the blonde doesn’t suffer from stage fright as badly as she did when she first started playing. She hates to admit it, but even right now she does feel a bit nervous.

 

“Ms. Kang?” Seungwan smiles kindly, the concert hall owner had the feeling that the woman was feeling nervous, because this current energy is very much unlike Seulgi, who would be somewhere up front ready to go, or in some cases talking last minute things with the staff, or her assistant. 

 

“Hello, Ms. Son. Did you come to enjoy the show?” 

 

“I did, once I found out that you would be playing piano for the first time, there was no way I would miss it. But, are you perhaps feeling stage fright of some kind, I’ve never seen you quite so…”

 

“Nervous?” 

 

“Yes, are you alright? Is there anything myself or staff can do to help before your show?”

 

Seulgi appreciates Seungwan and her genuine concern. Compared to some of the other venue owners she has known in her years, Seungwan is probably one of the nicest, most accommodating people Seulgi has ever met. It’s probably why Seulgi has no problems doing shows here, even when asked.

 

“No, I think I just needed some air, but, thank you, Ms. Son.”

 

“You’re welcome, Seulgi, I am really looking forward to your show, and please let me know if you should change your mind.”

 

Seulgi thanks her again, and takes a moment to step outside. The blonde is able to check her phone now, and when she sees that it’s a good luck text from Joohyun, that small but significant gesture means a lot to the musician. That one text makes her feel better than she has felt since arriving at the venue. It’s amazing how words from someone you love can make that much impact, Seulgi felt ready to go out on that stage and give her usual best performance, especially since Joohyun would be watching.

 

“See you soon, Hyun.”



 

Because it was their first time at the concert hall in town, Jennie and Chaeyoung were really impressed by the beauty of it. The fine carpeting, the art that decorated the walls in the main lobby, the fact that there was also a restaurant attached too, how pristine everything was, not to mention the staff who were well-mannered to the point, they even seemed like robots.

 

“I can’t believe we’ve never been here.”

 

“Well, if you’re this impressed with the lobby, wait until you see the actual concert hall, and sit down in the most comfortable seats you’ve ever sat in.” Joohyun teases them, because of how they really look wide-eyed at everything, like they want to take a picture. The two women follow Joohyun down to the orchestra level where they are going to be seating, perks of dating a famous musician, you always get the best seats to their shows.

 

“Wow, look at that stage, it looks incredible.” 

 

“Look at the marble pillars!”

 

Her friends are too cute right now, and Joohyun really wishes she had the chance to film them being this way. But it’s starting to get filled with people, and they have to get their seats. There’s only time to really get comfortable, turn off phones, and maybe say another few words or so, before the lights get dim for the show, and the audience prepares for Seulgi to take the stage. Joohyun always feels like the world’s proudest girlfriend when she sees Seulgi on stage, and makes eye contact with her for the first few moments before the vampire properly starts any performance. Her friends next to her are highly impressed with how she plays the violin, finding her passion evident in every single note, and Joohyun herself always gets lost in Seulgi’s violin playing, because her entire body truly becomes like a moving piece of art when she plays.

 

Joohyun finds Seulgi to be the most fascinating and beautiful sight ever, one that she can hardly take her eyes off. Seulgi plays four songs, gives her welcoming speech, and has some question and answer time with the audience, a new feature that was added that the fans really seem to enjoy, before there was a brief intermission. The brunette is still blushing over how someone yelled out to Seulgi, asking where her beautiful girlfriend was, to which Seulgi answered in her way, the way that never fails to make Joohyun feel like the luckiest woman in the world.

 

“My lovely and beautiful girlfriend, Ms. Bae Joohyun is seated right in the second row, where I haven’t been able to take my eyes off of her at all this evening.”

 

It was very sweet, very much like her vampire, and even as she enjoys the small intermission with her friends, taking the time to introduce them both to Seungwan, who ends up giving the couple a free one night pass to any upcoming show of their choosing, her friends both because she is zoning out, very obviously. 

 

“Come on, Ms lovely and beautiful Bae, we should get back to our seats, Seulgi is about to begin the next half of the show.”

 

“Hey!” Joohyun laughs. “Now are you going to tease me about that? When you call Chaeyoung, hubby?”

 

The couple don’t even bat an eye, or look phased, instead they just give each other those lovesick looks that Joohyun knows all too well, as she looks at Seulgi very much like that often.

 

“This isn’t about us, Hyun. Now, let’s go watch your girlfriend’s show, she’s really very talented.”

 

“She is.” Joohyun agrees softly, as they all head back inside to sit again, the intermission nearly over, and when the show begins again, there’s only two more violin pieces before the surprise of the evening, Seulgi’s piano performance. The transition from the last violin performance to the piano was incredible, as the stage got dark, soft smokescreen filled the air, and when Seulgi was revealed again she was on a custom made platform, that rose out from under the stage where the grand old piano was. The audience was surely shocked and impressed as they began clapping immediately, way before Seulgi even hit the keys.

 

“Everyone, please enjoy the last song of the evening, as it’s my first time playing piano live for an audience, I hope you enjoy this song as much as I enjoyed composing it.”

 

Seulgi was just as intense and passionate while playing the piano as is with the violin, each time her fingers touched the keys, it was like breathing life into the old instrument, with her songs, and notes. Joohyun imagined Seulgi playing to her, and only her, as they sit together at the vampire’s place, the blonde at the piano, and Joohyun mesmerized by the woman she loves.

 

But the entire set is beautiful, the soft lighting, the smokescreen effect fading out, but still adds that mysterious aura to Seulgi’s performance. The song itself might be a bit sad in nature, but with the calmness, and soft lighting surrounding the blonde on stage, it balances out. Joohyun is glad she is here to experience Seulgi’s first ever show with a piano, and wouldn’t have missed it for anything. The blonde occasionally sends Joohyun a soft glance, reserved only for her, that makes Joohyun’s heart feel like it could possibly explode she’s incredibly happy to have those small moments with Seulgi, when even though they are in a crowded place, their eyes meet, and all they can see is one another. And as the number comes to a close, she makes final eye contact with Joohyun, hands still on the keys, not missing a single note, as the lights go down completely at the final line of the song. Everyone breaks out into huge rounds of applause, on their feet for a standing ovation, and when Joohyun can see Seulgi again. The blonde is reaching out into the audience to hand her one of those gorgeous red enchanted roses, that she always does, at every single performance.

 

“I love you,” she mouths only for Joohyun to hear, and she does, despite the noise of everyone cheering for the show, the musician, and to an extent them as well. Joohyun hears it, gently takes the rose from her girlfriend’s hand, and smiles.

 

“I love you.”


 

Seulgi disappears off stage after that, because the show is over, and she will be waiting backstage for Joohyun and her friends to join her. But at the moment, everyone is truly in a frenzy over the musician’s stunning performance, since it was unexpected.

 

“Did you know she can play the piano?” Jennie asks her. 

 

“I did.” Joohyun says proudly, with the equally proud girlfriend face to match. “She wanted it to be a surprise.”

 

Judging by the crowd’s reaction, they were surely surprised in the pleasant kind of way. She, Jennie, and Chaeyoung wait a moment as the crowd starts to thin out, before Joohyun leads them backstage to Seulgi’s dressing room. Her vampire is already out of her stage clothes and into some more comfortable attire, white top, black pants, and boots. 

 

“Seul!” Joohyun spots her first. “You were incredible, baby, truly.”

 

“I….” as much as Seulgi wants to say she didn’t think so, or that she probably could have done something better, the way Joohyun is smiling at her, and holding her in this way makes her say thank you. “Thank you, Hyun, that means everything coming from you.” She kisses the top of the brunette’s head. “Chaeyoung, Jennie, it’s nice to see you both again, did you enjoy the show?”

 

“Did we, that was only one of the most amazing performances we’d ever seen.” Chaeyoung assures. “I’m only sorry we haven’t seen you play sooner.”

 

“I agree with my wife, you’re really fantastic, Seulgi. I’m glad that we were able to come too.”

 

“Thank you, both. Now, I’m sure Joohyun told you, but I do intend to treat you all to dinner, so just pick the place and…”

 

Seulgi pauses because the other humans scream in excitement over the prospect of food, and being able to pick the place. In fact, they are talking so loudly between the two of them that the vampire is stunned, do humans truly care about food this much?

 

“Maybe, because it’s my treat.” Seulgi whispers to Joohyun who laughs and gently pokes her cheek.

 

“You have no idea the kinds of appetites they have, Seul. Are you sure you don’t want to reconsider?”

 

“No, but I do have one more guest to ask, if that’s alright?”

 

“No problem, you’re paying!” She hears everyone say to her, and that makes Seulgi whisper something like humans, in a confusing way that makes them laugh again. The blonde wants to ask Ms. Son to join them, as a way of thanks, and before they can all leave, she makes her way to the concert hall owner’s office.

 

“Ms. Son?”

 

“Oh, Ms. Kang, hello.” The shorter brunette greets her. “I just wanted to say how lovely your show was this evening, and how glad I was to see you get over your nerves.”

 

“Thank you, you were helpful with that, Ms. Son. I’m actually taking my girlfriend and her friends out to dinner, if you’re not busy here, would you care to join us?”

 

“Well, I did have some paperwork, money budgets, and…. I’m just kidding!” Seungwan nods furiously. “Of course, I would be more than happy to come to dinner with you all. Thank you for the invite.”

 

“You’re welcome.” Seulgi smiles and tells her they’ll be waiting downstairs for her. And that’s how a vampire took four humans to dinner, and was glad she did, because they were all having such a good time, talking, laughing, enjoying their food. Seulgi doesn’t mind doing small things like this, it’s always worth it when she sees how happy Joohyun is most of all, her girlfriend reaching under the table for her hand at times.

 

“Next time, it will be my treat.” Seungwan mentions before they order dessert. “Although, you didn’t eat anything, Seulgi?” She looks at her worriedly, since everyone has a plate before them, and all Seulgi did was order wine, like she’ll normally do in situations like this. 

 

“I usually don’t eat very much after a performance, but I do appreciate your concern, Ms. Son.”

 

At least, Joohyun, Jennie, and Chaeyoung know the real reason why she isn’t eating. Seungwan doesn’t comment further about it, she still makes sure they know the invitation stands for everyone. Joohyun makes a mental note to ask Seulgi if she will disclose the fact that she is a vampire to the concert venue owner at some point. For now, she enjoys the delicious dinner and dessert with good company surrounding her. When they take a look at the bill, and how high it is, almost no one wants to pass it to Seulgi, who again thinks humans are weird.

 

“Sorry, Seulgi, guess we went overboard.” Chaeyoung apologizes.

 

“Yeah, we didn’t realize how expensive that second bottle of wine was.” Jennie also apologizes.

 

“Babe?” Joohyun whispers, since Seulgi isn’t really reacting at all.

 

“I would be happy to help pay the bill, Seulgi.” Seungwan offers. “Anything for my best artist.”

 

The crimson-eyed woman shakes her head, having no idea why they’re all freaking out over this bill. She has spent more on clothing than this small bill. Seulgi reaches for her wallet and takes the money out.

 

“I said I would treat, so please don’t worry. Thank you, Ms. Son for the kind offer, but it was my treat, I’m glad that you all enjoyed everything.”

 

“Yes, it was delicious, everything. Thank you, Seulgi.”

 

After the bill is paid, they all thank Seulgi for not only dinner, but the incredible performance she gave. Goodbyes are exchanged, as everyone enjoyed their time together, and soon Seungwan calls herself a cab to take her back to her apartment, Jennie and Chaeyoung do the same, and lastly it’s just Seulgi and Joohyun.

 

“That was really nice, but I’m glad I have you all to myself now.” She hugs the slightly taller woman, who agrees.

 

“I agree, but I might have one more surprise for you, if you’re not very tired or anything.”

 

“No, I’m not tired, what’s going on, Seul?”

 

“You’ll have to come with me and see.” The blonde smiles and reaches for her hand, a car pulling up for them too, even though Joohyun didn’t see Seulgi ever call for a cab. Still, she trusts Seulgi more than anything, and they get into the car. She holds the vampire’s hand the entire time, mostly because she wants to, not because she is scared, whenever she’s with Seulgi, there is no reason to be scared. Ten minutes into the drive, Joohyun notices they are at one of the most expensive hotels in the entire town, she knows because she has only been here for work related events, never on her own.

 

“Are we checking in, is that the surprise? Because I literally have nothing.” Joohyun whispers.

 

“No, not this time, but perhaps in the future. We’re here so you can meet Ms. Seohyun and her wife Yoona.”

 

To say Joohyun is surprised is a bit of an undersatement. Seulgi said she could meet her piano teacher and her wife, Joohyun never thought it would be this soon. Still, she is ready to meet the other couple, the ones who also have a unique relationship just like she and Seulgi have. 

 

“Really, I can meet them now? They don’t live in Paris?”

 

“They do, but they travel and have residences in multiple locations. I called to arrange a meeting, they were both eager to meet you as well, happy that I found someone for me.”

 

A small blush appears on the human’s cheeks and she quickly kisses Seulgi’s lips. How did she get so fortunate to meet someone perfect for her, like Kang Seulgi? She’ll always be grateful. The car soon comes to a complete stop, with the blonde getting out first, to open her door and take her hand, always the gentlewoman, naturally. They enter the hotel to which Seulgi lets the front desk know she is expected by Seohyun and her wife, who right away take them to the restaurant area of the hotel, which is currently closed to the public, no doubt Seohyun and her wife probably wanted them to have privacy. The first thing Joohyun notices is the sophisticated dark-haired woman, dressed expensively sitting at a table, with a glass of wine in front of her. She smiles upon seeing Seulgi and gets up.

 

“Seulgi, my favorite student,, how lovely it is to see you again.” Seohyun hugs the younger vampire who returns the hug. 

 

“Ms. Seohyun, it’s also nice to see you, thank you again for coming. Where is Yoona?”

 

“Ah, she’ll join us soon. She’s eager to meet this woman you love so much, speaking of which, hello.” Seohyun greets Joohyun in the same manner she did Seulgi, with a hug, that even though the vampire’s skin is cold to the touch, Joohyun can feel the warmth in her welcome. “You are the Joohyun, my Seulgi speaks so highly of?”

 

This is the first Joohyun is hearing that Seulgi speaks about her to Seohyun, however she is proud to be mentioned. 

 

“Hi, Ms. Seohyun, it’s nice to meet you too. Seulgi has spoken well of you too, and I’m glad that you could come on short notice.”

 

“It’s no trouble, my wife and I were both eager to meet, especially as our Seulgi is in love and that pleases us.”

 

“Speaking of, Yoona is she coming or somewhere pigging out on beef?”

 

“Hey, that was one time!” Another voice interrupts, and Joohyun turns to see an equally well-dressed woman, fit and slim, who smiles warmly too. “Hi, you must be Joohyun. Im Yoona, it’s great to meet you.” She hugs and greets Joohyun, the temperature of her body much hotter than Seohyun, and that’s truly just one of the immediate differences. Still, Joohyun sees the way Yoona looks at her wife with that loving look that tells the human, the werewolf could care less about the fact she’s married to a vampire.

 

“It’s nice to meet you too, Yoona. I never thought I would meet you both this soon, this is a lovely surprise.”

 

“Anything for our broody vampire.” Yoona teases and lightly smacks Seulgi’s cheek, and the blonde pushes her hand away.

 

“I’m not broody,” Seulgi laughs. “Dog.”

 

“Dog, now look, we can take this outside and settle this right here!”

 

Joohyun is only worried for a second, since the two of them are only kidding. She smiles at the sight of Seulgi laughing comfortably, and that warms her heart to see. Soon, Seohyun is asking her to talk alone, and Seulgi is too busy talking to Yoona about whatever happened the last time they saw each other.

 

“Listen, this was like 100 years ago!”

 

Is the last thing she hears when she leaves with Seohyun. “Let the kids play,” Seohyun smiles. “I would like to talk to you alone, if that’s alright.”

 

“Yes, let’s go talk, Ms. Seohyun.”

 

She follows Seohyun to the outside portion of the restaurant, where they can talk in private. Joohyun is unsure if she should speak first, or wait. Soon enough, Seohyun turns to look at her with a knowing look.

 

“You love Seulgi very much, yes?”

 

“I do, I love her like I’ve never loved anyone. You can tell that easily, huh?”

 

“Hm,” She nods. “She loves you very much as well, and for Seulgi who once told me she could not imagine love for herself, it means a lot to me to see her in love, and with you, I have a good feeling about you two.”

 

“Thank you,” that means a lot coming from Seohyun, someone who is close to Seulgi, essentially giving them her blessing.

 

“Is there something you’d like to ask me?”

 

“Oh…” Joohyun pauses. “Yes, or rather, how did you and your wife stay together so long, despite that you have such major differences. Seulgi and I, well, she’s a vampire and I’m a human, so your story is inspiring.”
 

When Seulgi told her that it was a human she had fallen in love with, Seohyun figured Seulgi probably thought of her, and Yoona, for the simple fact that they are different too, herself being a vampire, married to a werewolf. They of course had their own set of challenges, like any couple. But their love and devotion to one another is what Seohyun counts the most in their union surviving so long.

 

“I think what matters most is how you feel about the person you’re with, there will be obstacles and challenges in any relationship. But as long as you stay a team through it all, I do believe there’s nothing you can’t overcome. If you and Seulgi love each other like I’m sure you do, I don’t think you will have much to worry about. Just like, Yoona and I, it was our love, devotion, and dedication to one another that helped us through. Just love one another, Joohyun, that’s the best advice I can give.”

 

She understands completely and is about to thank Seohyun, when all of a sudden Yoona comes running out to hide behind her wife, in mock terror.

 

“Seohyun, get your crazy vampire away from me, she might try and bite me!”

 

“Yoong…” Seohyun whispers affectionately. “Our Seulgi is threatening to bite you?”

 

“She is, she really is…”

 

“No, I wasn’t.” Seulgi denies. “I have no interest in dog, thank you.” Seulgi smiles at Joohyun, and comes to stand by her side, taking the human’s hand.

 

“Dog! Oh, that’s it, see if we invite you to our house again, but Joohyun you’re more than welcome to come visit us, anytime in Paris, it’ll be a nice time, plus we can really enjoy the visit better.”

 

“I’d love that, thank you.”

 

Joohyun catches the soft and tender way Yoona smiles at her wife before wrapping her arms around her. She sees very clearly what Seulgi wanted her to see in the first place, the two of them were a couple who had the odds stacked against them as well. However, they are here, together, and in love after all their years together. Joohyun leans back into Seulgi’s embrace, feeling even more secure than ever in their bond, and love. There were no obstacles too big for her and Seulgi either, as they loved one another too deeply. They were going to be just fine, more than fine, Joohyun believed that, and when she felt the vampire’s cooler, slightly larger hand covering her own, she just knew that Seulgi believed it too. 



 

A/N: Yes, I surely did have to bring my Yoonhyun into this somehow lol. And what better way than for them to be a couple similar with differences as well, just like our lovely vampire and human? Well, I enjoyed writing this, I love this series very much, and this turned out a good experience for me, so I do hope this was liked, and happy Seulrene day!