Ch. 1

Saints
Please log in to read the full chapter

5 YEARS LATER

 

It had been five years since everything happened, an I could lie and say I didn't often think of the past and what could have been. But I soon realized that I couldn't stay in the past, I needed to move forward. Jungkook had told me that Taehyung had a full life sentence and was sent somewhere else where visitor's weren't allowed to go. I had sent him letters for almost two years but I never heard back. At first I had been hurt, but after thinking about it he probably found out that I knew all along.

 

"Good morning." Jungkook announced as he walked in through the sliding glass door.

 

"Good morning." I answered. "Are you heading into work or just getting off? Hungry?" I asked, flipping the pancake in the pan.

 

He took a seat at the small table. "Going in. And yes, very." He patted his stomach. "I need substance."

 

I rolled my eyes, unable to hold back the snicker as I shook my head. "How's your new case going?" I asked, scooping the pancake out of the pan and onto the plate with the rest before walking over to the table, setting the plate down beside the syrup. "I've got some coffee made if you want some, I need to get Seunghyun up." I said.

 

Jungkook nodded, standing up from his chair to go pour himself a cup of coffee before he started eating.

7

I walked out of the kitchen and down the short hallway to the still closed door, I quietly opened it and walked inside. Seunghyun was still fast asleep in his bed, Chul curled up beside him with his head resting on Seunghyun's back proactively. Once he saw me, his tail began to thump against the bed. "I know buddy, but it's time for Seunghyun to get up for school." Chul let out a whine so I patted his head affectionately before gently shaking Seunghyun's shoulder blade.

 

The black haired boy groaned, hurrying his face further into his pillow. I shook him once more a little harder this time, he groaned again rolling over onto his side and opening one brown eye to look at me. "Ten more minutes." He whined.

 

"Alright, but by then Jungkook will have eaten all the pancakes and we won't have any time to make more before we have to leave." I warned.

 

Seunghyun jolted up, the hair on the side of his head sticking out. "I'm up!" He exclaimed, his bare feet pounding against the wood floor. "You better not eat them all!" He shouted at Jungkook, Chul running behind him.

 

I could hear Jungkook let out a loud chuckle from the kitchen. I shook my head, and so the day begins…


 

. . . . . . .

 

Jungkook and I walked down the sidewalk after dropping Seunghyun off at school. "So you never got to tell

Please log in to read the full chapter