Cream Bread

Winning The Goddess

"You really should stop going to the convenient store every day", Seulgi said to her friend who's busy counting her bills while walking to the nearby 7 eleven. She didn't even have to look up to know where she was going, it's like she has the route memorised.

It's scary honestly. Wendy scares Seulgi.


"I can't. If I miss a day she's gonna forget me and I can't afford that", she mumbles now taking out her small hamster coin bag, counting her dimes to make sure she has just enough to buy the usual cream bread and a chocolate bar.


Seulgi rolled her eyes at that before snarling, "Well you will literally not afford anything else if you don't stop"


"Yes! I have just enough!" Wendy yelled fistbumbing the air before opening the glass door to the convenient store leaving Seulgi behind. Seulgi groaned loudly before walking limply to the store, annoyed with the newfound crush Wendy has on the pretty cashier.

 

 

 

 


It was after their daily cram school when Joy had insisted they grab a few snacks before going back to their dorm was the first time Wendy had first met to the ethereal goddess.

Her exact words. Not Seulgi's.

Wendy was busy trailing Joy from behind as the girl had promised her to buy her anything she wanted after completing her assignment for her. When they arrived at the counter a pretty girl was scanning their items and Wendy stood flabbergasted.


"Is this really enough Wen?" Joy asked her. Not getting a response she nudged her again, ".. Wen?"
Wendy jumped out of her imaginary cloud and answered, "Oh.. Uh - you know what? I'm gonna buy something else. With my own money. You go ahead" she said leaving Joy going to the bread aisle not stopping to glance at the pretty cashier.


The girl had a beautiful dark hair tied into the cutest ponytail. She was rocking the 7 eleven uniform like it was some fashion worthy dress. After she was done with Joy she was just busy fiddling with her phone awaiting for the next customer.


Wendy tried to look for the pretty girl's name tag but to no avail.

She had none.


'Guess we'll just call you goddess', she thought in her head


She was still busy gawking at the goddess using the bread aisle as a cover when she heard a small chatter broke her thought.


"Will she ever choose a bread tonight?" she heard Seulgi asked. She looked at her side noticing Joy was boredly munching on her Pocky shrugging to Seulgi's question. Without Wendy noticing the two had already took their place next to her just judging at their friend shamelessly checking out the cashier.
Joy swallowed her chocolate snack before continuing, "Take a picture, will you. It'll last longer"


"Ugh" Wendy rolled her eyes before taking a random bread without even looking, hating her choice in selecting friends and went to the counter. To top it off she took a chocolate bar from the counter display and waited for the goddess.


"Will that be all?", the goddess spoke for the first time already checking out the item without looking up.


Little Wendy-nians in her brain was already running wild throwing newspaper, "EXTRA! EXTRA! THE GODDES HAS SILKY Y VOICE"


Not getting any response the cashier look up to Wendy.


The short eye contact already got Wendy's knee turning jelly before mumbling a slow yes.
Before paying her total amount Wendy glanced one more time for a tip box wanting to leave a generous amount for the goddess but seeing none. She took her change, her heart thumping wildy thinking their hands would touch but when the goddess had given her the money only with letting it fall on Wendy's open palm ensuring no contact had happen.
The goddess resumed playing with her phone leaving Wendy with absolute zero interaction. With heavy heart she left the counter going to her friends.


"Why are you looking at chips selections? Do you still have things to buy?" Seulgi asked Joy who was busy analyzing the different brands and types of chips displayed. "No, not today. But I got a feeling we'll be coming here a lot and I plan to try each one of these" Joy said her eyes still focused on the chips.


Wendy rolled her eyes before grabbing the hands of her friends and dragging them out and with a smirk, "Of course we will."

 

==========================================

Months has passed and Wendy still haven't stop her daily 7 eleven routine making an absolute dent to her wallet but the girl just doesn't care. It was her sole target to let the goddess know her and to finally put a name on the pretty girl's face.


Seulgi rolled her eyes ignoring the girl who instantly went to the bread aisle. She stood at the slushie machine debating whether she should get one or not. She bought a muffin there because it was on sale yesterday. And the other day she grabbed a canned coffee.

She should really stop..

One item per day may be little but not when it's every day for the past months.


'I really should look for other friends', Seulgi thought in her head.


Wendy swiftly grabbed the memorised items and laid it on the counter giving her biggest grin to the goddess. The cashier in return gave her a small smile to the frequent customer before checking out her items.

Wendy had thought of ways for her to actually converse with her but she just don't have the guts for it.

She'll settle with this for a while. Wendy shifted on her heel waiting for her food. She grabbed them and smiled before leaving when she heard, "I'll see you tomorrow"

 

 

 


Joy took of her shoes before changing to her yellow chicken indoor slippers and switching on the light to her hostel.


"Woah what the f-" she was greeted with a straight face Wendy laying on her bed arms crossed on her chest making it look like she was a vampire resting in her coffin.


"Ignore her please. The 'goddess' just did something to her now she's malfunctioning" Seulgi said taking out her earphone from the top bed. She and Wendy shared a bunk bed while Joy had a solo single bed across them. Seulgi got up to look down at Wendy still at the same position.


"We should really look for a new roomate" she whined looking at Joy.


She shrugged before throwing her school bag on her bed already ing her uniform, "And leave her homeless on the street? I'd like that actually"

 

 

 

 

 

 


"You know we provide these for a reason right? And it's mandatory for a staff to wear one?" said the girl talking about the name tag hidden behind the counter. The pretty cashier was busy packing her stuff to call it a day. She whined remembering the early days she wore them and continously gotten hit on by slimey looking guys. It was just something else to have your name spoken by them, thinking they'd have a chance just because they'd say their thanks with her name at the end.


'Thank you, Irene. Hey, what time do you get off tomorrow? Because i certainly get off to you'
Irene shivered cringing at the memory.


"Yeah, maybe not. Bye Solar!", she yelled before sprinting off to her house.

 

 

 

 

==========================================

"Have a seat Yerim. Joy's in the shower so it'll take a while" Seulgi said cleaning the living area for the guest.

They were on their last year for high school and is preparing hard for their CSAT. Yeri is their junior who stays at the dorm below them and sometimes come by to play around. Wendy was busy focusing on her text book when Yerim entered only  giving her a mumbled hi, still working hard to solve a tricky equation.


"Don't you guys have any snack for me? I am a guest here you know" she laughed tapping on the table with a smile. Seulgi stared at her before leaving and telling her to wait.


Yerim was busy texting her dormates about her schedule when a pile of cream breads suddenly dropped on her.


"What the"


"It's all we have. We have chocolates too so take your pick."


Yerim was stunned looking up to Seulgi who left to sit on her table to continue her studies when she asked, "But it's all the same flavor.."


"Yeah you can blame Wendy for that. She recently developed this stupid crush-"


"It's not stupid" she said cutting off Joy who just got out the shower still drying her hair with a towel.
Joy glared at her before continuing, "stupid crush on a pretty cashier. So she's been going to the place everyday buying the same thing so the cashier will notice her. But alas, she still don't know her name and her pocket is drying and her stock of ramen is decreasing. It's actually safe to assume she'll be broke AND starving in a few days" she said her head in the closet looking for her outfit to go out with.

Yerim with a scrunched up face looked at Wendy wanting a confirmation but the girl was still looking at her textbook not caring her friend is literally judging her for her financial choices.


".. Everyday?" she asked and got a mumbled yes from Seulgi, who's also busy doing her work.


".. This cinnamon spice cream bread?", she said with a disgusted face. Tucking at the flavor. 


"Yep" Joy answered conflicted between two different one piece.


She stared at the mountain of cream bread on the table before looking up at Wendy's direction, "That's not cute Wendy"


"Huh"


"What's wrong witchu?" she asked and got Wendy to look up to her.


"Not that it's super stalkerish. It's just plain stupid. Just ask her out you stupid"


Seulgi giggled turning a page, "Yeah we tried that one already"


"You're never getting through her Yerim. She said the 'goddess is not worthy of her confession' and is more than happy to just see her face everyday" Joy said deciding on the dark green dress and now thinking what hairstyle she should go with while staring at the mirror.

 


"Then I'm going to ask her out" she said after a moment of silence.

That got everyone to direct their focus to Yerim and the mountains of cream bread on the table.


".. What?" Wendy asked now liking where she was going with this.


"Slow people lose in life Wendy. I'm gonna ask Joy where the convenient store is and I'm gonna personally ask for her number. If you're not going to do it, might as well shoot my shot right?" Yerim smirked glancing back at Joy.


".. Uh - yeah? Yeah. She would totally be into you Yerim" Joy said looking at Yerim's eyes not really knowing where to go with this. She looked at Seulgi for help when Seulgi also said, "Yeah, Yerim you're really cute no one can ever resist tha-"


"Wait! Wait!" Wendy yelled her arms flaying about begging for her friends to stop. 


"I'll.. I'll do it.." Wendy said slowly looking down to her crossed leg. 


"What was that?" Yerim smirked enjoying the victory


"I'll ask her out.."


"Great! Let's do it today!" Joy yelled clapping her hands walking towards Wendy dragging her to stand up and get ready, "wait what?" she let herself get dragged to the shower before having the door closed on her face.


"Get yourself clean and scented. You have a pretty girl to woo" Joy yelled through the door.


Seulgi with mouth agape closed her textbook before standing up and mumbled, "well I am not going to miss this"

 

 

 

 

It was pure chaos outside 7 eleven, with Joy massaging her shoulder like she was going out to wrestle or something and saying supportive speeches while Seulgi was busy introducing Yerim to the famous 'goddess'.

Thank God the pretty cashier was busy and couldn't see the ridiculous scene.


"I mean what am I supposed to say?" Wendy asked weakly, hincing at the strength of Joy's massage on her neck.


"Just follow your heart, Wendy" Joy said now tapping her back for motivation.


"Oh no no. Definitely not that. It was her heart that got all those cream bread spread in our dorm in the first place so none of that following your heart nonsense" said Seulgi coming to stand next to Wendy after finished introducing the main character to Yerim.


"Yeah, Wen. Just do what you think is right. Do things that you want other to do for you" she said lazily really not bothered with this.


What is that even supposed-" she tried to asked before having herself shoved into the store.

The door chimed showing that a new costumer had entered and that got the cashier to look up at the door with her hand holding the customer's flaming cheetos. She gave Wendy a small smile before continuing her job.


After the customer had left it was Wendy's turn and she stood there dumbly her hand completely free with anything.


The cashier smiled before asking, "No bread today?"

 

'Curse that damn smile' Wendy thought


She shook her head and looked down. Shifting on the ball of her feet.


The cashier with her eyebrow raised, patiently waited when Wendy said with a soft voice, "What's good chocolate here?" she said still looking down.

Definitely not brave enough to look at that beautiful brown eyes.


".. Excuse me?" she asked fearing that she heard the high school girl wrong


Wendy gulped before looking up now brave enough to actually look at her, "Chocolate you would recomend me." she said her heart running wild.


The cashier still weired out by the question and with a confused face just shrugged and said, "I would recomend Twix. It has the soft milk chocolate and tasty biscuit in the middle" she answered grabbing the chocolate displayed putting it on the counter.


"Then I'll have that" Wendy said already opening her wallet.


The cashier still confused just grabbed the item and scanned it. She got that amount and expecting the girl to leave when she just stood there staring at her.
The cashier's mouth opened like she wanted to say something but closed and still very much confused that the girl is still there.


Wendy gulped for the nth time and pushed the chocolate on the counter to the cashier's side.


The cashier looked down to the pushed chocolate before looking back up to ask what is going on when the girl spoke up,
"I really like you." she said still not breaking eye contact.

The cashier's eyes are now wide definitely not expecting this.


"I have liked you for while, it was love at first sight and I really would like to take you out for lunch" Wendy said now gulping fearing for her reaction.

 

The cashier's face relaxed and sighed before pushing the chocolate back to Wendy, "I had expected that. It's really weird for someone to buy the same bread everyday and not to mention the bread is actually the least sold item in this place." she said looking at Wendy. The girl's face was already dropping. She sighed before continuing, "you're very sweet but you don't even know my name. And I really don't want anything to with a 16 year old school girl-"


"I'm 18.." Wendy said weakly. All her confidence lost.


The cashier signed and weakly shrugged, "18 or 16 - same thing. If you're 18 than that means you're taking CSAT this year. More why you should really stop this. I don't want to be held responsible for distracting you from your studies and just thinking that a school kid is-"


"I'll come back" Wendy said looking up. 


".. Wha-"


"it's my age isn't? Then I'll come back. I won't stop, pretty cashier. You didn't say anything about my physical appearance so I'm assuming I pass" she said waiting for her response.


The cashier blushed thinking that she had to admit that the school girl was attractive so she stayed silent. 


"Then I'll come back. I'll work really hard. You won't believe me but I'm actually really pretty smart. I'm often on top on class and I have a great future so I'm certain I have amazing job opportunities in the future. I'll win your heart. I'll find a job that earn a lot of money then it'll be fine right? "


The cashier just stood there with agape not expecting the sudden brave confession from her. And did she really just said that? Was she implying that she would get a good paying job to take care of her?

She stood there dumbly not knowing what to answer when Wendy cleared .


"I'm Wendy by the way" she said with her pink coloured cheek and left the counter. But not without pushing the Twix back to Irene.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

+++++

Hi lightgiver here. Wowzers how was that huh? I have spent awhile browsing wenrene fics and I just have to laid out my own creation. How was that? Is any of you interested in this or should I just make this a one shot? I mean I tried I honestly tried. I'm sorry if any of you hated this. But Wendy and Irene are just so precious you know? Please do drop a comment to critize me or anything, agian so sorry for this