ANGEL HULK

Make It Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(JINNIE)

 

“Let’s give it up for….Jinnie Lee.” Ellen DeGeneres gestured to the stage where I was on stand-by, I hard the claps and cheers from the audience and my heart began to swell in joy. The lights flashed towards me and it was my cue to give my biggest smile to the crowd, the music started to play through my earpiece and I swayed to the music.

 

The night is young, we have all the time

Two youths in love, it is such a crime

You hold my hand and you hold my heart

Whatever the world will do,

They can’t keep us apart

Oh Oh oh.

 

As I sang the lyrics, I found myself immersed in a memory of my youth. A boy with his hands in mine, promising the world in our fingertips. I found myself smiling at the memory, it’s amazing how one’s innocence of love be the source of this beautiful song.

 

After the short performance of my 3rd album, Ellen came to greet me just like we rehearsed. She led me to the familiar white sofas many celebrities have sat on, I can’t deny the giddiness I feel within despite being a celebrity myself. But being a fellow celebrity, you got to be professional as gracefully as I can in my navy blue jumpsuit and 4 inch heels, I settled to the sit adjacent to Ellen.

 

“Welcome back, our angel hulk! Last time you were here, you just released your first single and managed to break our staff’s nose.” I can’t help but laugh when Ellen brought back the early memories of my career and my infamous nickname. Ellen was famous for her jump scare pranks and I’ve fallen victim to it when I last guested in her show 2 years ago, the world has dubbed me as angel because of my voice and hulk because after the staff jumped out of the makeshift table next to me, I pounced on his face and that left a mark in Ellen’s memory as well as her staff’s nose.

 

“I can’t believe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter