The new normal

the unspoken truth

It's been almost 2 weeks since Rosé and Jennie started dating. Since they kissed for the first time at Rosé house. They were trying to date in secret though, for Rosé's safety. If Jisoo knew that Rosé and Jennie were dating...Jennie thinks that Jisoo would definitely hurt her. Rosé wishes that she could announce to the whole school that she was dating Young Arts Academy's It girl. She wanted to brag and say it to Jisoo's face directly. She shook her thoughts away as she came back to reality. She was at lunch with Lisa and Jisoo.It was kind of scary that the girl who wanted to possibly kill her was eating lunch with her everyday at school like they were best friends or something. Jennie didn't want Rosé to continue sitting with Jisoo at lunch but Rosé insisted because she thinks Jisoo might become suspicious otherwise. Lisa and Jisoo don't know that her and Jennie were secretly dating. If anyone else was watching, they actually seemed like really close friends. Sitting at the same table everyday. Always laughing and sharing stories. Maybe it seemed fake. Maybe Rosé was terrible for pretending to be friends with Jisoo. But she didn't care anymore This was the new normal. It was all for Jennie. She wanted nothing but to be with that girl. 

Lisa suddenly leaned forwards, "Rosé, has Jennie acted suspiciously to you recently? I still feel like you're the next target." Rosé sipped her water, trying to seem unfazed, under Jisoo's careful gaze. "No, trust me. I thought that at first too, but she just talked to me a few times the first week of school because she thought I bumped into her on purpose once. But it's nothing now. I don't even see her around anymore." Lisa laughed, nodding, "That sure sounds like Jennie though. Man, I still can't believe she kills those innocent students on purpose. She's evil! Anyways, I'm glad you guys aren't talking anymore. Right, Jisoo?" Jisoo nodded, smiling, "Oh yeah definitely!" 

Rosé bit into her sandwich, casually asking, "Jisoo, do you think you could tell more stories about Jennie? I'm still so shocked at just her in general, the fact that someone like her even exists. Besides, you know her better than anyone else."

Jisoo nodded, sighing, "I do know her the best...honestly, so many Koreans are so horrified and disgusted about gays and lesbian things. But I'm telling you, Jennie, that girl, made every girl and boy fall for her. I don't know how...she had like a magic charm over them it was strange how she does it. There's a rumor that Jennie has never gotten rejected ever in her life. And that anyone she wanted or liked, she got them to like her without fail or effort." Lisa gaped, "That is so strange...I don't know any girl who likes another girl, do you Rosé?"

Rosé shook her head, but inside, she thought it was ironic. Lisa was talking right to one.

"Jisoo, so does that mean Jennie is bi ual? I mean, she's definitely gotten with girls and boys before, so she's not straight right?" Lisa asked, curiously.

Jisoo cocked her head, "See, that's the thing. It's so strange. She's never gone to a gay bar or club before. She always hits the bar or club anywhere else though. If she truly was bi ual wouldn't she be hunting for girls at certain times too? But yeah, that's true though. As crazy as it sounds, Jennie Kim has slept with both girls and boys before." Rosé felt uncomfortable, talking about her girlfriend like this, but she was curious too, "Jisoo, she's basically a player. You've known her for so long. Do you have any sort of estimate on how many people she has dated or slept with?" 

Jisoo and Lisa both burst out laughing. "What?" Rosé asked, genuinely confused. 

Lisa shook her head, amused, "Rosé, honey, this is Jennie Kim we're talking about. If it's relationships, maybe, just maybe Jisoo could come up with a very, very rough estimate number. But people she's slept with? We're talking about Jennie! South Korea's IT girl! Everytime she leaves a club or a bar, she never comes out alone."

Jisoo laughed, "Yeah...and she literally went clubbing just last night too. So as you can imagine, she definitely didn't sleep alone you can bet. As for dating...hmm, roughly, very roughly, maybe just maybe, around 30-40 people?" JIsoo kept talking, but Rosé couldn't hear properly. Jennie went clubbing last night? And didn't sleep alone? What the heck was going on? Was she seriously being played around with? 

The bell rung. "Well, girls, I'll see you later!" Jisoo said. They all waved and walked separate ways. Rosé was in a trance, walking to her next class. Someone suddenly pulled her into an empty classroom. It was Jennie as usual. They always met up secretly after every bell. Jennie pulled Rosé's body in and kissed her deeply, grasping her hips tightly. Rosé pulled away, "Jennie, stop." Jennie did. She sat on an empty desk top, folding her arms, "What is it this time? You seem troubled." Rosé sighed, "You went clubbing last night? I heard that every time you go clubbing, you never come out alone. You slept with someone? How often does this happen?" Jennie got off the desk, "Woah woah woah, slow down. Rosie...I did go clubbing. But I came out alone. I slept at my house, alone. It's a habit of going clubbing. If I suddenly break it, Jisoo will definitely sense something is up. I'm just going clubbing and nothing else even happens. Please trust me."

Rosé sat down relieved, "I trust you, I'm just...I was just scared..." Jennie took Rosé's hand, squeezing tightly, "Rosie...I think I should probably explain my history a bit for you to understand." Jennie pulled a chair up to the desk, "Look so. My style was just always fast paced. Maybe it's a habit I caught from my parents. I don't know. But, I always get bored and tired of people so quick. I have dated so many boys and girls before. I've had countless small flings. And I've slept with so many people, Rosie. It's bad. I know. I'm way past losing my ity. I can't even count how many times I've slept with a stranger. It's the ugly truth, I won't lie to you. But Jisoo knew this. Yet she still wanted to date me. Maybe she thought she would be different. Once I dumped her, she became depressed. I just prefer hooking up and having short flings than actual long relationships. She hated that. She was so depressed. She actually almost killed herself, Rosie. Really. But she decided to start on trying to make my life miserable. She hates me but she also says she loves me. She became obsessed with me...so don't ever seriously believe everything that comes out of , okay? She's honestly just crazy at this point. Just because she's known me for a long time doesn't make everything she says about me valid. Please understand that." 

Jennie kissed Rosé's cheek.

"I believe you." Rosé whispered.

Jennie stood up, stretching. "Ugh, Jisoo that damn girl. Always bad news whenever her name comes up. I was so excited to see you today. I have good news for you. My parents are going away on a business trip to Jeju-do today. They're gone for this whole week. You know what that means...you can finally visit my house!" Rosé was unable to hide her delight, as she smiled, "But what do I tell my parents?" Jennie rolled her eyes, "Oh come on! Just say you're going to sleep at your bestie's house!" "For a week?" Rosé asked. Jennie smirked, "Duh." The bell rung. Jennie groaned, looking sincerely dissapointed. The older girl grabbed Rosé's waist, pulling her close as she whispered, "I can't wait to see your face every morning this week." Rosé's heart started hammering crazily against her chest. They were so close. Their faces just inches away from each other. "I'll see you after school at my place." Jennie winked and left. Rosé blinked, trying to calm herself down. She was so excited to sleep over at Jennie's this whole week. But she was also just as nervous and scared. Jennie makes her this nervous in between classes. What will she do to Rosé when she's with her for 7 days?