C34 I Died Without You

Our Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Bold- Speaking in English 
Italic- Flashback / 'Unnormal' Word / Thought
____________________________________________________________

 


Today is the day they have been waiting for. The day of the press conference which has also been eagerly awaited for many years by the public. Today is a big day for Taeyeon and her family as it is time for the execution for the handover of the company that worth thousands of millions to be handed back to its rightful owners.

 

The handover process of the company will be done live during the press conference between Yuri’s father who is the temporary owner with Taeyeon and Yoona as heirs and successors for Kim.Co. But before that happened, Yoona took a big part of the press conference as she will be introduced to the world for the first time as the second heir and also the daughter of a millionaire who was previously said to be avoiding publicity after a long time. 

 

"Nervous much?" Taeyeon took her place next to her sister who had been bouncing her legs ever since which was a habit whenever she nervous.

 

Yoona scoffs. 
"That was a stupid question"

 

Taeyeon just laugh at her sister. They are now with their uncle in a preparation room at the back of the hall where the press conference is held. They have been waiting there for hours even before the reporters to avoid the crowd.

 

"Calm yourself, nothing to worry about. Think positively so that this conference goes smoothly, okay?" Mr. Kwon tried to encourage his niece.

Yoona nodded even though her nervousness didn't go away.

 

"Chill, dude"

 

"Not helping"
Yoona glared at her sister, sighing leaning back on the couch.

 

"Do you regret avoiding the public all this time?" Taeyeon asked trying to get her sister’s attention to reduce that nervousness.

 

"There’s a part of me saying no because all this time I’ve been able to enjoy my life without worrying about what the public says, yet somehow I regret it because I don’t know if I’m ready to deal with what’s to come and I’m sure the public will be more focused on me once this is over."

Taeyeon agrees that what her sister says is true but she is sure everything will be fine as long as they are always there for each other.

 

"If anything happens, there is no problem for which there is no solution" Mr.Kwon said. 

As soon as that was said, a knock on the door caught the attention of the three of them.  The door opened from the outside showing Mr. Kwon's secretary, Minjee. 

 

"In ten minutes. Any problem?" The twenty-seven years old woman asked the three of them.

 

"No, it's all good." 

 

"Okay then, I will leave you to get ready" Minjee said nicely before waiting back outside.

 

"I'll go first, take your time" Mr. Kwon said then leave the room to his nieces. 

The two sisters nodded.

 

"Ready?" The older asked. 

 

"Never will be" Yoona said, chuckles. 
"How is it? Is this okay?" She asked as she adjusted the boxy gray suit she was wearing. Her hair, which was left long, was changed back from blonde to its original color, which was brown.

 

"You look good" Taeyeon complimented, also adjusted her plaid blazer which was matched with a plain white shirt and dark brown pants. Her now light brown hair was left wavy with bangs.

 

Yoona took a deep breath before following her sister out of the room to the side of the small stage of the hall where their uncle and his secretary were. 

 

From there they could see dozens of cameramen and journalists from various broadcasts waiting impatiently. Some of them are also from overseas as they have small flags showing their respective countries. 

At that moment, Yoona realized that after this her life will change completely. A nudge brings her back to reality from her deep thought. 

 

"Everything will be okay" Minjee said to the younger girl. 

 

"I hope so" 
Yoona gave a thankful smile to the secretary before following her uncle and sister onto the small stage.

Now only the three of them were up there in the attention of everyone in the hall. Especially Yoona when her identity and presence became the question of the crowd. She and Taeyeon took their seats in the chairs provided there while Mr.Kwon started the conference.

 

"Good morning and welcome to this press conference with all due respect. I, Kwon Woo-Sung as the person in charge here officiated the event with a few words. As is known this conference has been planned for a long time with the aim of implementing the handover of this company to the rightful heirs..." Mr.Kwon continued his conversation related to the company's development and current updates.


"...Therefore, I invite Kim Taeyeon to talk about other key objectives first before we start the implementation of the company handover" Mr.Kwon nodded at his eldest niece signifying it was her turn.

 

Taeyeon without hesitation headed forward.  Yoona on the other hand, even though she is smiling but she can't help to feel like getting out of there since it's her turn soon. 

"Hello everyone. I'm not gonna take long. First of all, I am Kim Taeyeon as the legal heir of Kim.Co. As it is already known I am the eldest daughter of Kim Dong-Gun, the last president of Kim.Co. However, I am not here alone beside my uncle. As can be seen, here we are presented with someone who also took an important part in this event and I know you are all very curious about her identity and presence here..."

Taeyeon turned to her sister to see Yoona nod indicating she was ready. Yoona got up and walked towards the front standing next to her sister.
"...With this, I introduce to you all, my sister also as another heir of Kim.Co" 

 

As expected, as soon as she said that, there are many claps but murmurs and many directed questions also could be heard. The whole hall was filled with impatient voices as soon as Yoona held the other mic.

 

Taeyeon who was there felt uncomfortable for her sister.
"With all due respect, I ask you all to calm down and give her space to introduce herself first"

 

Yoona smile thankfully at her sister before to the crowd. 
"Firstly, thank you for your cooperation..." 
She said to the crowd for the first time. 
"...Honestly I’m not good at talking, so I start with the basics first. My name is Kim Yoona and nineteen years old at the moment. I was a first year student at the same university as my sister. I'm sure many know my name as the second heir and for a long time I haven't been known to the public for some reason. So I'm open to questions from you."

 

The reporters scrambled to ask questions and luckily there was Minjee who chose which one. When the first reporter is chosen by Minjee, the others silently pay attention to what the reporter wants to ask.

"Perhaps this is the main question that people are curious about. Why did you decide to avoid the public and hide all this time?"

 

"I was eight years old when I told the family that I didn’t want to be in the public spotlight. Even so, I’m still open to the public, only I’m not specifically mentioned. For your question, as I said I do not want to be the attention of the public and even though at that time I was young but I understand the situation to be a public figure. I am so proud to be a part of this family yet I try to have a life by just being myself" Yoona explains without associating anything that could lead to another topic. 

 

The reporter was also satisfied with the explanation from her. However, it is still lacking for other journalists. 

"Is it related to what happened to your father a decade ago?"

 

The question caught the attention of Taeyeon as well as her uncle. They want to respond but are stopped by Yoona.

"It's not, it seems less clear there on what I've said. I myself decide on what I do all this time and it has nothing to do with what happened to my father" Yoona said pretty calmly and patiently.

 

A few minutes lasted with a variety of questions addressed to Taeyeon as well for Yoona from questions related to herself growing up in LA to questions related to herself as a teenager.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter