Chapter One

The Fate of Cheaters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’ll try to get to talk to him. Yes, sure. Okay, bye”

I sighed after ending the call. Its always on me but I guess that’s how it should be when there is no one else to blame. I placed my phone on the coffee table and stared to the window beside me particularly into nothing. Students were walking or either rushing to their perspective colleges considering how spacious the university is.

“What’s with the long face?” I hear my best friend, Sojin, asked as she stood tall, hair neatly tied into a low ponytail and in her complete clinical uniform before taking a seat opposite of me. They say opposite attracts and judging how our friendship is then I wouldn’t even try to deny. We were the exact opposites, she was timid while I was more bold. But still, she doesn’t fail to surprise me whenever she does something beyond my expectations.

I shrug to her question, while casually grabbing the cool lime refresha she had just bought and took a sip from it, “Same old, same old.”.

She rolls her eyes at me as she grabbed her drink back, “Which one to be specific?”.

I stared at her for a while and thought that she of course knew me too well. She could actually read me like an open book. When I’d be denying something, she’d just sit back and wait for me till I get to spill everything, which I also can’t help myself from stopping. She was all I ever had, my human diary.

“I’m still at fault since he still doesn’t attend classes.” I said while leaning back on my seat.

There was a frown drawn on her face, “Well classes just started like two months ago and you guys broke up months ago.” She scoffs and crosses her arms while looking at me as if I was so amazing, “The impact of Park Jinae.”, still in disbelief of how he wasn't moving on.

It was my ex-boyfriend, who eventually started being a mess after the break up. He started drinking and since drinking leads to hang overs, he started even ditching classes. I was basically scolded by anyone that was related to him. His cousins and friends. His mother even tried to get me to talk to him, but even if I did try to, he’d remain the same. He wasn’t listening and I felt worse, there was always this burden on me when he was acting like that. I didn’t intend to hurt him. It was also not any easier for his parents since he was out of the country, making it more difficult to convince him to do better. 

I rolled my eyes at her before I hear her comment once again, “I still prefer him over that doctor know-it-all guy.”.

I snickered over the way she addresses him, the guy I was currently seeing, but I can’t blame her either. I am all over this guy. I can’t say that he is everything I am looking for but at this point, maybe he is. There are a few points where I couldn’t understand his attitude how he liked things nor he did the same either. He was a lot confusing to be honest. It had been always a push and pull b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter