Coming of Age

Coming of Age
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AHN YUJIN


Finally! I'm an adult already! It's New Year and I'm out with Hyewon eonnie, Yena eonnie and Sakura eonnie. It was our tradition during New Year to eat some Korean Barbecue but I have to go home early, since I'm already in legal age, I can stay up all night and drink with them.

"Ahh since our baby is already and adult..." Yena eonnie commented.

"Let's drink!" I shouted as the others agreed.

We went to a nearby restobar and drank some soju and grilled some pork belly, I'm having the time of my life right now.

"Since Yujin is already in legal age... let’s cheers girls... CHEERS!" We banged our shot glasses as we took a shot, it tasted weird but I have the urge to have more.

This is the best New Year ever, I can feel my freedom more and have my rights as an adult, I am no longer a baby, and I’m already an adult.

"So what are your plans as an adult?" Sakura eonnie asked me.

I haven't think of that for a while, I used to think about it a lot on my teens but it slipped on my mind as I entered adulthood.

"I want to vote for the right leader in the politics."

"I want to go home in the morning."

"Finish my course in the university."

"Find a good job."

"Have fun and..."

"Find a girlfriend, I guess?" I finished as Yena eonnie whined and started to hug me tight.

"Aaahhhh my baby is not a baby anymore," Yena eonnie whined, she watched me grow up since she and Hyewon eonnie are my friends since I was 4 and they're the witnesses of my firsts.

First day of kindergarten.

My first speech that I delivered.

First crushes.

First achievements.

First menarche.

My first track and field.

My first love.

My first love confession.

My first heartbreak.

"You better find a girl, a good one and who will take care of you," Sakura eonnie said, she's a Japanese friend we met, I was in my first year of middle school while the Yena eonnie and Hyewon eonnie are on the first year of high school and Sakura eonnie is a year ahead of them.

"Not like that girl, what's the name of that girl again? Wonying?"

"Wonyang?"

"Wonton??"

"It's Wonyoung," I corrected them as I ate my lettuce wrap.

Wonyoung was my first love, she was in the same club as mine and she's my junior, we started dating in 8th grade and we broke up during my 1st year of High school because we both realized that we can't go on.

We just can't, she left Korea to study abroad. I'm already happy in my life, I hope she's happy too.

"Guys there's a new nightclub nearby, wanna go there?" Sakura eonnie said while scrolling on her phone.

"Leggo!"

"Take it easy Yujin ah, we still have part 2," Yena eonnie said.

"How do I go clubbing? Can I get pretty ladies in there?" I asked.

"It depends, you can use your charms to get a lady and you can groove so you'll definitely get one," Sakura eonnie said, she stood up and asked Yena eonnie to stand in front of her.

“You can dance right? Yena try dancing as if you’re in a nightclub,” Yena obeyed as she started dancing like Donald Duck.

“You have to feel the rhythm, and look for a woman you want to have.”

“The nightclub is big so you can roam around,”

“BUT BEWARE! This nightclub has men on it, number 1 mission is to avoid men. Think that men has a lot of germs and carrying STDs and baby seeds, if men try to flirt with you, do this, Hyewon come here, pretend you’re the man and you’ll flirt with me,” Sakura eonnie asked as Hyewon eonnie stood up and went closer and did a short skit.

“Hey y lady, wanna go to our table?” Hyewon eonnie offered her hand as she winked at Sakura.

“Stare at the men weirdly, show him you’re not interested. So the tendency, the guy will convince you more and he’ll touch you but AVOID IT,” Sakura eonnie said as she stared at Hyewon weirdly.

“Please come with me, just for a while please,” Hyewon said as she touched Sakura’s waist but Sakura avoided before Hyewon touched it.

“Now this is what you’re going to do, call any of us pull us near to the man and put your hand on our waist and...” Sakura eonnie pulled Yena eonnie and held her waist.

“I’m sorry, I’m not interested in men, I’m gay,” Sakura eonnie playfully kissed Yena eonnie on the cheek and left Hyewon eonnie.

They are the best eonnies I swear, their humor is just the same as mine.

“If a guy tries to get in your pants, use this,” Hyewon eonnie gave me a roll of duct tape and a blindfold.

“What am I going to do with these?” I looked at it as I look at them.

“Pin the boy in the wall, pretend you want him, give some motives. Then you go leave him on his underwear and... Wrap some duct tape on his body, include his arms and tape his mouth and push him outside.” I burst into laughter with Hyewon eonnie’s tip as they laughed too.

“Did you do that already?” I asked as Hyewon nodded, making me laugh more.

“How do I know if the girl is gay?”  I asked.

“Girls who like girls mostly stay on the part where there are a lot of girls dancing, they will cheer if they see two girls rub their crotches with each other as they dance, they can also be seating on the counter, alone.” Yena eonnie said

“What are we waiting for? Let’s go esketdis breads!” I excitedly said as the eonnies whined.

“Our baby is excited to go to a nightclub to find a girl.”

“She going to collect girls in the club more than I do boohoohoo~”

“It’s opening soon, get your IDs ready.”

~~~~~

 

They paid for the bill as they went to the club, there are a lot of people lining up outside. It’s really popular since they have a good promotion in the social media and it was promoted by social influencers who have a good reputation in the social media.

The 4 lined up as they went in, the place was dim and the only light source are the LED lights and the spotlight. The place was really noisy and Yujin can't help but cover her ears since she never went to a place that plays obstreperous music.

They went on a high table as they ordered some drinks but the three realized Yujin is gone.

“Yena, where the hell is Yujin?” Sakura asked.

“She was just here beside me earlier,” Yena defended

“Where is she now?”  Yena shrugged as Sakura strangled her, yes literally strangled.

Hyewon received a text from Yujin.

“Guys, Yujin texted me.”

“What did she say?” The two asked in chorus.

“She said she’s clubbing alone, let her spend her first day as an adult independently and she can go home alone.”

The three were silenced as they started to whine, thinking that their baby is already an adult.

“The memory of Yujin pooping on her pants are still fres and I can still remember her running around their house ,” Yena said while whining.

“Remember that time when she cried after I stole her lollipop and now… she’s clubbing on her own” Hyewon whined as well.

“I remember when Yujin she was mocking on her bed after she lost on an argument with Wonton girl and now she’s looking for girls.”

 

~AHN YUJIN~

I left them alone because I realized, I want to spend my first day as an adult alone. They can’t treat me like a baby, I have to be treated as a lady too. I was looking for a space where I can dance as I ordered some drinks.

I was a bit embarrassed to dance but I managed to shake it as I dance while drinking, now I feel like an adult and I met new friends who are the same age as me, we danced to the beat of the DJ’s music.

“So are you with someone?” My new friend, Jiheon asked.

“Hmmmn I am but I ditched them, don’t worry they’ll be fine without me.”

“Anyway let’s continue partying!”  Yuna shouted as the DJ played new songs.

“HAAAAAA I DON’T NEED FAKE GUY BUT AWESOME GIRL DON’T STOP, SO CAN YOU TAKE MY HEART LIKE A BOUNCY BOMB BOUNCY BOMB,” The other friend named Sohee, which startled me and it’s not even the right lyrics.

We partied hard, we drank hard, not minding the time passing. I got a bit tired so I went to another gay spot in the club, the counter. I got some Mojito and as I wait for my drink to finish, I saw a girl wearing a leather jacket, ripped jeans and boots.

She’s drinking a cocktail that is color red and looks interesting, she’s alone. Not minding loud music on the place, she just went for a drink. Based on her side profile, her brows are straight, her eyes are big and it’s pretty. She has a pointed nose, as in really pointed, it might cut my finger if I touch it and her lips are pretty and it’s kissable.

She looked at me, sternly. So I quickly looked away, I might look like a creep to her so I just fiddled my fingers on the counter and placed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter