Guardian Angel.

「O2」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Guardian Angel.

 

 

Eunha stared at her computer screen that displayed the latest test results for Mrs Lee. Across from her sat Mrs Lee and her husband. The couple felt a rising unease from Eunha’s lack of expression. Noticing their discomfort, Chanyeol immediately intervened.

 

“Good news doctor?”

 

“Hmmm.” Eunha finally took her eyes away from the computer. “Your blood pressure is higher than I would like, but it’s still within the safe parameters; though barely.”

 

“Does that mean…” Mrs Lee trailed, squeezing her husband’s arm tightly for comfort.

 

“We will proceed with natural birth as you wished.” Eunha smiled. “It’s best if you can get admitted as soon as possible since the due date is approaching. This way we can monitor you 24/7.”

 

“Of course.” Mr Lee nodded, gently caressing Mrs Lee’s baby bump tenderly. “We’ll pack her stuff and have her admitted later this week.”

 

Once Mr and Mrs Lee left, Chanyeol could not help but stare at Eunha with worry.

 

“Shouldn’t we try harder to persuade her to use epidural? Natural birth will put too much strain on her.”

 

“We’ve kept her informed and she is keeping her options open, however if she insists on not using epidural then we can’t force her to.” Eunha shook her head. “Anyway that’s why she’s been seeing both me and Minseok. As an anaesthetist I am familiar with her condition and can readily administer the correct dosage of whatever drug necessary during labour.”

 

“Guardian Do to the rescue,” Chanyeol mused.

 

Eunha’s beeper went off in the moment and the girl frowned at losing the brief moment of break she had.

 

“Can’t ignore the bat signal,” Chanyeol chuckled.

 

“I’m needed in the ICU apparently,” Eunha huffed. “Are there no other anaesthetists in this hospital?”

 

“I’ll meet with Minseok and update him about Mrs Lee’s condition then.” Chanyeol smiled at the girl with pity. “You go and save the day.”

 

Rolling her eyes at Chanyeol’s endless superhero jokes, Eunha trudged her way towards the ICU, readying herself to face whatever was waiting for her.

 

Going through the necessary sanitisation process, Eunha stepped inside the ICU just a team of nurses pushed in a new patient who was unconscious and with his right side of the face wrapped in a bandage.

 

“The patient had an accident at work and fractured the right side of his skull,” Irene informed Eunha. “He’s undergone light surgery to stop the internal bleeding, however we cannot yet do any further treatment due to his current state.”

 

Only then did Eunha realise that it was the ER team who had just come in, meaning the patients was highly likely to have been in a serious accident. Turning towards the patient, Eunha pinched his toes to check his muscle reflexes and bit her lip in deep thought.

 

“He’s drifting in and out of consciousness.”

 

“That’s why we couldn’t proceed with the surgery,” Taeil interjected. “He should have been highly sedated but…”

 

“That’s why we called for you.” Junmeyon’s voice echoed from the side. “The patient is not responding to the drugs the way he should.”

 

Eunha gave Junmyeon a long stare and Junmyeon had never been more grateful for wearing a surgical mask which hid his conflicted — or as Minseok would describe as constipated — expre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter