Morning Surprise.

「O2」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Morning Surprise.

 

 

Eunha let out a long groan as she extended her arms and stretched her back. She had not checked the time yet, but warm feeling of the sun enveloping her signalled that it was well late in the morning. Both her and Minseok were due to show up for their shift in the afternoon so Eunha did not have to worry about being late to work.

 

Letting her legs fall onto the ground, Eunha tried to swing herself up into a sitting position. She failed to control her centre of gravity however and the sudden motion caused a wave of dizziness to hit her at full blast. The end result was unfortunately her falling onto the ground.

 

“Fu—” Eunha hissed in pain, resentful towards the bad start to her morning.

 

A whiff of something delicious wafted through the cracks of her door in that moment and Eunha jolted up, feeling her stomach rambling and protesting for food. Unlike the previous time she suffered from a hangover where she was physically unable to stomach anything, this time Eunha felt like she could devour a whole elephant.

 

“Where on earth does Minseok get the energy to wake up early and cook food?” Eunha pondered as she opened the door of her room. “What time did he even come back last night?”

 

Eunha had a lapse in her memory in regards to the previous evening. In fact she barely even recalled how she got home. For some reason though, her candid conversation with Junmyeon had remained very fresh in her memory. After that however, it was all flashes and patches; a sweet smile, rising tension, frustrating car ride.

 

“Car ride?” Eunha frowned as she headed towards the kitchen. “I didn’t take a taxi?”

 

Her thoughts were cut short as she bumped into something that was blocking the way. Rubbing her nose, Eunha glared at whatever obstacle had presented itself only to find Minseok who was too busy staring at something inside the kitchen is disbelief to notice Eunha bumping into him.

 

“Wait, if you are here then who’s the one cooking?” Eunha exclaimed.

 

Using Minseok’s shoulders as support, Eunha went on her tip-toes and glanced into the kitchen, her eyes widening and threatening to fall out at the sight that was presented. Standing in front of the stove and wearing Minseok’s apron was none other than Yixing busying himself with a large pot of what smelt like hangover soup.

 

“Why is Yixing in our kitchen?” Minseok whispered into Eunha’s ear.

 

Minseo turned his neck to give Eunha a suspicious glance, however upon seeing her looking just as confused and shocked as he did, both of them proceeded to cautiously step backwards and towards the living room instead.

 

“What is Yixing doing here?” Eunha hissed under her breath, not wanting the unexpected guest to hear what she was saying.

 

“That’s my question!” Minseok replied in an equally hushed voice.

 

Both of them stopped talking when their eyes landed on the sofa and noticed that it looked as though it had been slept in. Slowly, Eunha’s brain started filling in the missing pieces in her memories of last night; how Yixing had showed up out of the blue and offered her a ride home, along with the conversation that turned unpleasant rather quickly.

 

“He gave me a ride home last night,” Eunha recounted.

 

“That doesn’t explain why he slept on our sofa,” Minseok deadpanned. “It would make more sense if he slept with you.”

 

“I have no idea why he slept over on a sofa either,” Eunha snapped. “Plus, how did you not notice when you came back?”

 

“I was drunk,” Minseok grumbled.

 

The doorbell rang in that moment and the two residents shuffled towards the intercom only to receive the second shock of the day upon seeing Junmyeon on the small screen, his hands carrying what appeared to be bags of food.

 

“Why is he here?” Eunha exclaimed, almost feeling herself going hysteric.

 

“What on earth is happening?” Minseok gaped.

 

“Oh, you guys are awake. I’ll return to cooking then, don’t want to leave the pot unattended,” Yixing chirped from the corridor before disappearing back into the kitchen.

 

Both Eunha and Minseok jolted in the air as Junmyeon impatiently rang the doorbell again. Eunha  ended up instinctively slamming her finger against the ‘open’ button. A few moments of silence passed before Eunha registered what she had done. Letting out a yelp, Eunha accidentally pushed Minseok who had to grab the door handle to stop himself from face-palming the ground. This

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter