Unexpected Development.

「O2」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Unexpected Development.

 

 

The next day Junmeyon arrived at the hospital with heavy eye bags from a restless night of sleep. During lunch Chanyeol joined him and Minseok and the young nurse was left feeling very confused as to why Junmyeon kept throwing him accusatory glares.

 

“Why is Junmyeon looking at me as though I’ve done something wrong?” Chanyeol whispered carefully towards Minseok.

 

Giving Junmyeon an uninterested side-glance, Minseok shrugged his shoulders and focused on his food instead.

 

“Ignore him. He’s probably going through early onset midlife crisis.”

 

“I can hear you,” Junmyeon grumbled, finally relaxing his expression while his eyes darted around the canteen as if in search of someone.

 

Raising a knowing eyebrow, Minseok cleared his throat and casually tapped Chanyeol tray with his spoon, grabbing both Chanyeol and Junmyeon’s attention.

 

“How’s my troublesome flatmate?” Minseok chirped in an weirdly cheerful voice. “Still alive?”

 

Junmyeons straightened up, a flurry of questions bubbling in his brain but he contained himself.

 

“She was cursing you earlier about forcing her to come in even though it’s her day off,” Chanyeol replied, recalling his last exchange with the girl.

 

“She would have died in her room if I left her home in that state with no one to check on her,” Minseok snorted. “Her fault for drinking so much.”

 

“She’s dying in her office now though.” Chanyeol frowned. “So doesn’t make too much difference.”

 

“We’re in a hospital, if her heart stops beating we’ve got all the necessary tools to resuscitate her,” Minseok replied without missing a beat. “Unless her soul has already departed in which case we’ll have one more organ donor. There’s always a shortage of organ donors anyway.”

 

“Don’t go around making resuscitation sound easy. That’s spreading of false information,” Junmyeon chided. “Also, why does it sound like you are eager for her to become an organ donor.”

 

“Sheesh, when did you become so serious about everything. Can’t even take a joke,” Minseok huffed as he turned towards Chanyeol. “So she’s not coming down for lunch?”

 

“Doesn’t seem like she can stomach anything right now.” Chanyeol shook his head before gasping in realisation. “Wait, did you bring her to the hospital to push the responsibility of checking up on her onto me?”

 

“You’re becoming too smart for your own good.” Minseok smirked, his eyes glistening with mischief.

 

A friendly squabble ensued between the nurse and the obstetrician, while Junmyeon remained deep in thought, readjusting his plans for the rest of his day.

 

・・・

 

Eunha was lying face down on the sofa in her office. Chanyeol had refused to close the curtains when he left despite her complaining that the brightness of the sun was worsening her migraine. However Eunha could not be bothered to move thus she opted to bury her face to block out the light instead. A soft knock could be heard and Eunha let out a low growl in response. After a small pause, the door clicked open, followed by the sound of gentle footsteps.

 

“How are you even able to breathe in that position?” Junmyeon stared at Eunha quizzically. “And stop lying on top of your arm, you’re cutting off its blood circulation.”

 

“Too late,” Eunha mumbled, her reply muffled by the sofa. “I can’t feel it anymore. Might need to amputate it.”

 

“So dramatic,” Junmyeon sighed. “I brought food.”

 

Seeing no response from the girl, Junmyeon placed the food on the coffee table and nudged her with his knee.

 

“It’s udon, easy on the stomach. If you manage to eat there is even chocolate as prize.”

 

At the word chocolate, Eunha’s head snapped up, her eyes shining with excitement.

 

“Give me the chocolate first.”

 

“Only if you eat the udon first.”

 

“Chocolate,” Eunha insisted. “Please.”

 

“Udon first.” Junmyeon remained unmoving. “At least a few mouthfuls.”

 

Knowing that Junmyeon would not back down from his stance, Eunha pouted softly but shifted around to push herself up nonetheless. After much struggle, Eunha eventually managed to achieve a sitting position with her legs crossed and tucked under her thighs. Taking the chopsticks from Junmyeon’s extended hand, Eunha blew off the steam wafting from the bowl and loudly slurped on the noodles. Junmyeon sat down on a chair and watched as Eunha ate. He had decided to bring her udon because that was the only food Aecha could eat whenever she had an upset stomach. Although Eunha’s condition was a result of being hangover, it appeared that he had made the right choice after all.

 

Having eaten about half of the udon, Eunha placed her chopsticks down and wordlessly stared at Junmyeon in anticipation, reminding Junmyeon very much of a cat waiting for its treat. Biting back a chuckle, Junmyeon reached into his pocket and pulled out a bar of chocolate. Out of habit, he unwrapped the chocolate himself and broke off a small piece before giving it to Eunha. He had almost fed it directly into the way he would have done with Aecha, but fortunately came to his senses before that happened.

 

“So stingy,” Eunha mumbled, taking the tiny piece of chocolate from him.

 

“You can have the rest once you finish the udon,” Junmyeon replied, sliding the chocolate back inside his pocket.

 

Maybe Eunha was too hangover to fight back, or maybe she had decided for once to be obedient, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter