Lost Case.

「O2」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Lost Case.

 

 

The days leading up to Mrs Lee’s due date were filled with anxiety and anticipation. Both Minseok and Eunha were on constant high alert in case Mrs Lee went into labour. Even Mr Lee had taken time off work in order to be around his wife at all times.

 

Though not visible to the eye, Minseok could tell that Eunha was restless. Her eyes were constantly darting towards her pager in case Mrs Lee’s waters broke. When it finally did happen, Minseok had to hold back a yelp of surprise upon seeing how fast Enuha was dashing through the corridors. She was so focused on getting to the delivery room that she had not even registered the fact that she had almost knocked over Junmyeon, who in order to avoid the collision slammed himself against the wall. Seeing Minseok following behind Eunha in hurried steps, Junmyeon threw him a bewildered look as if accusing Eunha of attacking him.

 

“The CHD patient’s waters broke,” Minseok explained quickly, not slowing down his pace.

 

Inside the delivery room, Eunha was already initiating the process of administering the new drug from Phoenix Flame. Due to the contractions from the body readying itself to push the baby out, Mrs Lee’s blood pressure was rising dangerously high and Eunha knew that at this rate her heart might not be able to handle the strenuousness of it all.

 

“Mrs Lee, I need you to slowly count backwards from 10 with me okay?” Eunha called out to Mrs Lee who nodded at her, sweat streaming down her forehead.

 

“10, 9, 8…”

 

With each number uttered and the pause that filled in between, the strain in Mrs Lee’s voice and the tension in her body lessened.

 

“5, 4…”

 

Slowly but steadily, her laboured breathing stabilised into a heavy but steady pattern.

 

“2, 1…”

 

As if by magic, the excruciating pain that had taken over Mrs Lee’s lower body just moments ago had dulled to subtle stings that were almost negligible.

 

“Sweetie are you okay?” Mr Lee hurriedly asked, squeezing his wife’s hand tightly. “How are you feeling?”

 

Mrs Lee looked up towards her husband and a smile graced her tired face.

 

“Like I’m ready to welcome the baby to the world.”

 

“Let’s do this then,” Minseok announced, interrupting. “Mrs Lee you are fully dilated. I’ll need you to work with me and do as I say okay?”

 

Nodding, Mrs Lee leaned her head against her husband’s chest and did just as Minseok instructed her to, pushing and holding and pushing and holding.

 

Eunha kept her eyes on the monitors, making sure that nothing looked out of place and routinely readjusted the levers and tubes that were connected to Mrs Lee. There was a chair placed behind her to sit on, however it had gone completely unnoticed by Eunha who was immersing all her senses on what was happening with Mrs Lee.

 

“Last push!” Minseok announced, determination in his voice.

 

Everyone in the delivery room held their breath in that moment as Mrs Lee used whatever remaining strength to push the baby out.

 

“Baby’s out!” Minseok’s excited voice echoed across the room.

 

Before anyone could even react, the baby’s loud cry resonated in everyone’s ears, sounding like the voice of angels gracing them all.

 

“Congratulations, it’s a baby girl.” Chanyeol grinned as he placed the baby wrapped up in a blanket next to Mrs Lee.

 

Chanyeol and Eunha exchanged a look of relief. The sudden lack of tension caused Eunha’s legs to buckle, but thankfully Chanyeol’s reacted fast and pushed the chair towards her, preventing her from falling onto the ground.

 

“You did well,” Chanyeol reassured Eunha in a low voice.

 

“No.” Eunha shook her head. “We all did well. Especially the mother.”


“No chitter-chatter just yet,” Minseok hollered at them. “We are still waiting for the placenta to be out.”

 

“Right,” Chanyeol chirped, returning to his position.

 

Eunha let out a silent sigh before turning towards Mr and Mrs Lee. Her eyebrows furrowed together however upon seeing the slightly blue hues on the baby’s lips.

 

“Placenta’s out.” Minseok’s voice echoed in Eunha’s ears.

 

“Minseok come over please.”

 

Hearing the urgency hidden in Eunha’s voice, Minseok immediately rushed lover. Eunha pointed at the baby’s face with her eyes and Minseok’s expression sharpened.

 

“Is something wrong doctor?” Mr Lee questioned, his eyes darting back and forth between Minseok and Eunha.

 

“We’d like to keep the baby under observation for a while,” Minseok explained gently. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter