Do Eunha At Your Service.

「O2」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Do Eunha At Your Service.

 

 

“This is my fourth night shift in a row,” Junmyeon complained into his phone to his younger sister. “It’s so unfair. I just want to be home and spend time with my darling Aecha.”

 

“Don’t worry, your darling daughter is very happily asleep while snuggled against Kyungsoo,” Bongcha chuckled, feeling no pity for her older brother.

 

“You’re heartless,” Junmyeon grumbled, though his expression turned stern when he saw his pager beeping. “I’m needed in the ER now. Kiss Aecha good night for me.”

 

“Right, go do your job.” Bongcha’s voice echoed through the device. “Take care.”

 

Sliding his phone into his pocket, Junmyeon jogged out of is office and headed straight towards the ER. Once there, he joined the nurse and resident who were dashing towards the entrance anticipating the arrival of the ambulance.

 

“What is it this time Taeil?” Junmyeon glanced at the resident.

 

“A fire in an apartment complex sir,” Tail responded quickly, his hands feeling clammy. “Three floors were affected altogether, the one above and the one below where the fire started.”

 

The sound of the ambulances blared through the night air, and everyone’s attention turned towards the three ambulances making their way towards Seoul National Hospital at the moment.

 

“Irene, check with the patients and divide them according to severity,” Junmyeon told the nurse. “Taeil prep the FR2 and tend to the serious burn injuries first.”

 

Within moments, the ER was filled with moans of pain and screams of agony from patients who had suffered burn injuries or had both internal and external wounds due to the debris that fell after the fire broke out.

 

“It appears that you only have superficial wounds,” Irene glanced at the form she was holding. “You were very fortunate Do Eunha. Please wait here until a doctor can check you.”

 

“Thank you.” Eunha smiled at the kind nurse. “Please go to the next patient. The young student over is looking very pale, it might be a good idea to get an EtCO2 done.”

 

Irene turned towards the direction Eunha was pointing, a look of surprise in her eyes. Noting the student in question, Irene gave Eunha one more smile before hurrying towards the young student who looked as though she would lose consciousness at any moment.

 

“Dr Lee, over here please!” Irene waved at a doctor passing by.

 

Seeing that the patient was being cared for, Eunha exhaled and leaned back against her chair. She did not really want to stay, but she knew how frustrating it was for patients to just leave without being given the approval by a doctor thus she kept herself entertained by observing her surroundings. Flashes of blue and white blurred into one as doctors and nurses dashed all over the place in an organised mess. Feeling her phone buzz in her pocket, Eunha took it out and stare at the caller. She hesitated on answering, but seeing as it was her best friend calling at such a late hour, it probably meant that she heard about the fire and was worried sick, and if Eunha did not answer, her best friend would scavenge all the hospitals within a 20 mile radius until she found her.

 

“Hey Sunny,” Eunha finally answered the phone.

 

“Took you long enough!” A shrill voice shot through the device and straight into Eunha’s ear, causing her to flinch. “I was worried sick.”

 

“I’m fine, just superficial wounds,” Eunha reassured her best friend. “I’m sitting in the ER now, waiting for doctor’s confirmation and then I can leave.”

 

“You sure it’s just superficial wounds?” Sunny fussed over the phone. “What if you have an internal bleeding but you just haven’t noticed? What if you had a concussion? Oh my god and carbon monoxide poisoning?!?”

 

“Lee Soonkyu,” Eunha interjected, using Sunny’s real name to add more gravity to her tone. “Stop worrying your pretty little head and go to sleep. I’m fine.”

 

Sunny kept rambling over the phone and Eunha naturally started zoning out, her attention taken by the pregnant lady who had just been pushed past her. She lived directly next door to the source of the fire and Eunha let out a sigh of relief to see that she had made it to the hospital. Eunha observed as a tall and handsome doctor with fair skin rushed towards the pregnant patient and promptly gave out orders.

 

“She has second degree burns which is not too serious, but it seems she’s rapidly losing consciousness.” Junmyeon frowned at the abnormally high BP. “Someone call the ob-gyn ASAP. And get in touch with the guardian.”

 

Only after finishing giving the orders did Junmyeon notice that one patient’s stats were turning worrying unstable. What shoc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter