Mandorla

93°C

A/N: Hello! Chapter 6 is out, enjoy!

-------------------

After the small birthday celebration, Jennie ends up staying at Jisoo's apartment for the night.

"I can still send you back home if you allow me to," says Jisoo, as she washes the dishes in the kitchen. She intends to close the store tomorrow since she doesn't have much energy to stay up late to prepare or bake the desserts for tomorrow's business. She hasn't taken a time off for a long time, maybe, she can take a day off and enjoy it. Moreover, Jennie should also enjoy her summer break rather than working for 6 days/ week. She reminds herself to check the group chat and to inform the others to not report to work tomorrow.

"No, the last thing I want is you to fall asleep while you are riding the bike and getting us into an accident. You do know that the label says not to drive or operate any machine as the drug may cause drowsiness," replies Jennie, as she takes the washed plate from Jisoo and wipes it dry with the cloth before putting it on the dish rack.

"Alright then, stay over. I have a guest room. Let me tidy it while you take a shower later."

-------------------

After a quick shower, Jennie is out of the bathroom in Jisoo's room and is looking around the room, while waiting for the other to finish tidying the other room. Jisoo's room is simple, a bed, side table, vanity table and a closet. The thing that catches her eyes is the pictures on the side of the wall. There are more pictures and it was Jisoo and the same beautiful woman. It must be Chaeyoung. Maybe God has also given her a chance to redeem herself and lessen the guilt by taking care of Jisoo.

"Hey, what are you looking at?" asks Jisoo as she enters her room, only to find Jennie standing at the spot, staring at the wall. Realising that the wall houses the memories of her and Chaeyoung and now, being in a relationship with Jennie, she ought to take them down and those outside too.

"I will take it down soon," says Jisoo, as she hugs the younger from the back, soothing the other on the forearms, before sliding her hands down to play with the younger's fingers. She feels apologetic for not taking down the memories from the past instantly after getting together with Jennie a while ago.

"No, it's alright. You two must be really in love," says Jennie, looking at how Jisoo looked in the pictures. The innocent eyes that were full of love for Chaeyoung and she hopes that she would too, one day, receive the same amount of affection from Jisoo. She couldn't tear her eyes away from that particular wall and the older decides to turn her around, holding onto the tan girl's hands.

"Look at me," says the older, authoritatively. She takes a deep breath before continuing, "she is my late girlfriend. We have been together for a while and it would take time for me to get over it. But, I have chosen to be with you and I want to be with you."

Even though Jisoo herself with trying her best to not look at the pictures, she looks straight into Jennie's eyes, starting to see the other for who she is. She will try her best to like Jennie for who she is. Not that she doesn't have feelings for the other. When Mino tried to make his move on Jennie, she didn't feel good on the inside, but the only thing stopping her from moving on is her past. Her Chaeyoung that left too early when they were deeply in love. 

"I am sorry," says Jennie, as she pulls the older into a hug. The apology with double meaning. She apologises for the accident, she apologises for making Jisoo accept her. The way the older is fighting her feelings for Chaeyoung, for accepting her confession, for being with her, these feelings are too much for Jennie's strong heart to handle. Maybe their relationship would not last long, especially with the secret that she is trying to keep within her. She gives Jisoo a squeeze and holding onto the other tightly, still afraid that this moment would not last long.

"Why are you apologising," says Jisoo, rubbing the younger's back slightly. That gentle soothing pat on her back made Jennie think to herself, "only if you know that it was my fault. I am sorry."

"Come on, you should go and sleep. It has been a long day for you," Jisoo gives her a gentle smile and pulls the other to the guest room, hoping that a different space would be better for both of them. With Jennie being such a good caretaker, she decides to be a good host, putting the younger to sleep.

"Good night," says Jisoo, as she plants a kiss on the  sleeping girl's forehead, before leaving the room, closing the door very gently. Noticing Jennie's uneasiness while looking at the picture on the wall in her room, she takes a box and goes to the living room. She looks at the wall that housed the memories for the last time. She pulls a picture gently, lightly caressing Chaeyoung's face on the picture, saying, "I am sorry." She then puts the picture in the box and does the same for the remaining pictures on the wall and the ones in her room.

----------------------

The next day, Jisoo is up and decides to go to Jennie's room to check on her, after she has freshened up. As she walks to the other room, she could hear a sound coming from the kitchen. Instead of going to the room, she goes to the kitchen to find the girl cooking.

"Hey, good morning," she wraps her arms around the younger and snuggles into the younger's neck, looking over to see what she is preparing.

"Good morning to you," replies Jennie and she turns around, to use the back of her fingers to feel Jisoo's forehead and she smiles, knowing that the other is better.

"I am not sick anymore, thank you," says the older, as she lightly caresses the younger's hair and helps out with making breakfast.

"You should just sit and wait. Let me do this," whines the younger as she tries to push Jisoo away, to the dining table but the older just grab hold of the Jennie, not letting go and as the bacon is turning a darker shade of brown, she lets go of Jennie, taking over the spatula before saying, "it's going to burn. Come on, let's do it together."

After they are done making breakfast, they are now sitting at the dining table, enjoying their food together. However, they are eating in silence which is something unusual since the younger would always find ways to get the other to talk. This time Jisoo starts the conversation, "let's do something later."

Jennie puts down her fork and looks at Jisoo in curiosity and asks, "what are we doing later?"

"Let's go to the cafe," says Jisoo. She doesn't have any plans and her life always revolves around the cafe. Maybe bringing the younger there for a date would work too.

"I thought you wanted to take the day off?" asked Jennie, confused if they are going to work later.

"I am trying out a new recipe, you can taste it for me," the older grins and holds her forkful of bacon in front of Jennie, gesturing her to take the bite.

-------------------

They are now at the cafe and Jisoo makes sure that the 'closed' sign is visible enough before pulling the shutter down to prevent anyone from entering the cafe to disturb their moment. She goes into the storeroom to get her apron and puts it around her waist. As she is putting it on, she sees Jennie looking at her as if she likes what she is seeing and cheekily asks, "how you like that?"

"A lot, it's charming. I don't know if being a barista makes you charming or being the owner makes you even more charming."

That makes Jisoo laugh and she turns around, to prepare the ingredients. She goes into the kitchen to roast the beans and afterwards, grind them outside, before putting them in an empty cup. Next, she goes into the kitchen again to grab almond milk and pour it into a cold pitcher before returning to her work station. She starts making the hand drip coffee. While the coffee is dripping, drop by drop, she goes onto frothing the almond milk. Satisfied with how everything is going, she waits for the last few drops of coffee to drop before taking the funnel out. She slowly pours the frothed milk into the pour-over coffee before giving the cup of coffee a light stir.

"Try this," says Jisoo, as she presents the coffee in front of Jennie, after telling her to take a sit, serving the younger as if it is a restaurant.

The younger takes a good look at the coffee, a beautiful almond coloured coffee. The aroma of coffee and almond milk hits her nostrils after taking a light whiff. She takes a sip. The smooth, creamy and nutty taste of milk enveloped with the crisp tasting coffee. She takes another sip, savouring the coffee taste, smiling. The initial bitter taste isn't that prominent anymore and instead, it is sweeter, much sweeter. Looking at how Jisoo's expression has softened over the months of being around her, maybe it has worked. Maybe, she can also take this chance to relieve the sadness and suffering the older has been holding onto.

"It's really good. When are you going to add it to the menu?" asks Jennie, taking another sip. With every sip, she loves the drink even more. Just like with Jisoo. She falls in love with Jisoo even more with every moment they share together.

"I am not adding this to the menu," Jisoo responds, with a slight smile and grins, before looking away and says with a shy voice, "caffe mandorla, your personal brew."

It is a date that Jennie will not forget.

-------------------

A/N pt 2: Have y'all listened to 'How You Like That'? The long-awaited 1st-step comeback is dope. Let's stream it! 

Anyways, hope that you all like this update, managed to finish it up today to celebrate their comeback~