Wish

93°C

A/N: Hello, chapter 5 is ready! Enjoy~ 

---------------------

"Oh, did you see Boss' message?" asks Jaemin, as Jennie enters the cafe. She shakes her head. She hasn't checked her phone after stepping out of her house. Jaemin pulls out his phone and reads, "boss is sick and we will close early at 4pm. We just have to clean and lock today's earnings in the safe." He keeps his phone in his pocket, looking all sad before saying, "it's also her birthday today. Let's wish her in the group chat later."

Jennie sulks since she wouldn't be working with Jisoo today and she is also worried for the other since she knows how hard it is to be sick and it , even more, when it is your birthday. The feeling of being ill is really terrible and the word weak can never be found in her dictionary. She just hopes that Jisoo would feel better before putting her bag in the storeroom to start work.

While the staff are working to prepare for the daily operations, the bell rings and soon, they hear someone greets, "hello!"

With that everyone turns their head around and it's Jaemin's turn to exclaim, "Hi Lisa noona, it has been a long time since you are here!"

"Hey, everyone. Oh, a new staff?" says Lisa as she acknowledges everyone and looks around, not noticing someone she is expecting to see.

"Where is Jisoo?" asks Lisa as she puts whatever she is holding on the counter.

Jaemin replies, walking towards Lisa to see what she has brought, "she isn't feeling well. You know how Boss is strict when it comes to being ill and handling food and drinks." Upon hearing the news, Lisa is disappointed but says, "I got her a small cake and her favourite breakfast. It's alright. We can eat it among ourselves. Come on, it's still early, let's eat first."

The guest then proceeds to the kitchen to get some plates and cutlery while Jennie quickly takes the chance to ask Jaemin in a whisper, "who is that?"

"That is Boss' friend."

---------------------

Once it is almost 4 in the afternoon, Jaemin is ready to close the store, while Jennie and Aunt Serene are cleaning up the counter and cafe. They are glad to close the cafe for the day but are all sad that they could not celebrate their boss' birthday. After everyone finishes up their tasks, Jaemin takes out his phone and is ready to record a video with the rest of the crew.

"Everyone, let's wish boss a happy birthday!"

After a few repeated takes, they manage to record a decent video and instantly send it to the group chat. Jennie looks at her phone and sees that all the messages are left unread by Jisoo and maybe she isn't feeling too well.

"Jaemin, do you know where Jisoo stays?" asks Jennie, as she takes off her apron, ready to take her bag from the storeroom.

The boy thinks for a moment before replying, "Aunt Serene and I have been there once, for Christmas. I think it is at 43 Incheon Road. Building 3, 3rd floor. I can't remember the unit number."

"I still have the address. I will send it to you," says Aunt Serene.

---------------------

Soon, the three of them split up. Jennie goes to the supermarket to get some fresh food. Once she reaches Jisoo's place, she presses the doorbell and waits patiently. It takes Jisoo quite a while to get the door but what shocks her was her boss' dishevelled appearance and pale looking face.

"Hi!" greets the girl, holding the bags of grocery in front of her, hoping that she isn't intruding the other by coming uninformed.

"Hello, I didn't expect to see you here," says Jisoo, with her hoarse voice, moving aside for Jennie to enter.

"I decided to drop by. You seem uncontactable and you look really awful," comments Jennie as she saw how pale and flushed Jisoo was.

"You can just sit down or something. I just need to sleep this through to feel better," says Jisoo, weakly, as she is ready to drag herself back to her bed after receiving the unexpected guest. Jennie follows her from behind, making sure that the other gets to her bed safely, without falling over.

"You only had water?" asks Jennie, as she looks at the dressing table. It is already late afternoon. No wonder Jisoo looks as if she doesn't have much energy.

"Do whatever you want, I need to sleep." The ill girl just covers herself with the blanket and shuts her eyes tightly, trying to fall back to sleep.

---------------------

Jennie is now at the kitchen, trying to make something decent with whatever she has bought and what Jisoo has. After 1/2 hr, she manages to make porridge with steamed eggs and stir-fried vegetables. She looks satisfied with her cooking and goes to the older's room with the tray on her hands. She sets it by the table and wakes the older up.

After many tries, Jisoo is up albeit unwilling to be awake. Her eyes are half-closed, hand trying to grab onto the spoon to take a few bites on her own, after rejecting the younger's suggestion of feeding her. When Jisoo seems to be doing fine eating on her own, Jennie goes to the kitchen to get paracetamol from the medicine cabinet and a glass of water. While watching Jisoo eat, she is glad that the other has a slight smile on her face whenever she chews the food. A characteristic of Jisoo whenever she eats good food. Jennie just has to compliment herself at the moment for being a good chef. The perks of being tossed to New Zealand at a young age, that meant that she was able to learn useful skills such as cooking and being independent in general.

"Here, take your medication." Jennie passes the pills and water. Jisoo gladly takes it and put it at the side of her tray, before continuing to eat everything before popping the pill in . She then prepares to go to sleep again after feeling the immediate hit of drowsiness, but only after she thanks Jennie for the great meal and apologising for being a bad host. Jennie just sits by Jisoo's bed, looking at the other as she falls to sleep almost immediately. While she is in deep sleep, Jisoo is mumbling something incoherently but Jennie manages to hear, "Chaeyoung, I miss you."

This time, Jennie wonders who Chaeyoung is and decides to soothe the now distressed looking Jisoo's hair, staring at the beautiful face that she falls in love with. It is funny how the other looked so cold during the first few interactions but after a few subsequent encounters and interactions, Jisoo has warmed up to her, but not completely. The other also turns out to be a really great charmer and everything she does just pulls Jennie into her. After being a total creep for a while, Jennie stops staring at the other and decides to give her some rest.

The younger walks out of the room, closes the door really carefully before settling on the couch, taking a good look at the apartment. It is really something that she doesn't expect from Jisoo, a country-style design. As her eyes gaze over the entire area, something catches her eyes, a wall full of pictures. She walks to it and looks at all the pictures. Jisoo and a beautiful woman, posing rather intimately. As she focuses on the person next to Jisoo, she recognises the person and a memory flashes by.

---------------------

"I am sorry, Granny!" exclaimed Jennie as she was swerving her bicycle away from the old lady, luckily, avoiding the frail old lady. She managed to stop a few meters away, avoiding any potential accident or danger. The shocked old lady could only fumble and land on the floor, with all her groceries strewn on the ground, fruits rolling across the busy street. Soon, a loud thump can be heard. Jennie, who had already set her bicycle down and helped the old lady up, turned her head around to see the commotion behind her. A woman, laying on the floor, with blooding flowing out from the back of the head, forming an obvious puddle. She made sure that the old lady was fine before making her way to the casualty. There was just too much blood. The owner of the vehicle also came out of the car and more people were gathering around, trying to help. The vehicle owner called the ambulance, some of the passers-by alerted the traffic police, checked the casualty's breathing and others were trying to move the crowd away, to at least let the casualty breathe. While Jennie was being pushed back, she noticed that the casualty was holding onto the apple, one of the fruits that rolled out of the old lady's trolley.

Jennie was the one who had indirectly caused the accident.

It was something that Jennie had tried hard to move on from. She could never forgive herself for causing a fellow young adult's death and who knew that the other was Jisoo's significant other.

---------------------

Maybe it is just a twisted fate.

She didn't know what to feel right now, it was just mixed emotions washing over her. She feels apologetic, to both the young lady and Jisoo. Fear, fear of Jisoo knowing the truth and uneasiness, being uneasy with how things are unfolding.

"Hey, you are still here?" askes Jisoo as she walks out of her room and finds Jennie standing. That snaps the younger back to reality and she turns around. Who knows how long she has been standing there for, with thoughts racing through her mind. The younger recomposes herself and asks, "Hey, are you feeling better?" She goes to the ill girl and put the back of her palm to feel the other's temperature. Jisoo almost flinches backwards but eases up, knowing that the younger is just checking her temperature using a rather old school method. Feeling that the forehead isn't that hot, she gives a slight smile and is now fidgeting at her spot. She has made up her mind. She intends to hide the truth for as long as she can. 

"You must be feeling better. You aren't that warm anymore," says Jennie and she pulls the older to the sit on the couch as she disappears to the kitchen, grabbing the cake from the refrigerator, lighting up the candle, bringing it out.

"Happy birthday, Jisoo!" Jennie wishes Jisoo very enthusiastically while presenting the lited cake. On the other hand, Jisoo didn't expect this to happen, an actual celebration this year. She stands up, supporting the cake by the sides and blows the candle after making a wish.

"Thank you for this," says Jisoo, really gratefully and pats Jennie on the head. She then gets the kitchen knife, plates and cutlery, before cutting the cake into slices and serves each of them a slice. While both of them are eating, thoughts are racing through their minds.

Jennie is planning to confess. This idea has been on the back of her mind since Mino tried to ask her out a week ago while Jisoo, is starting to see someone else in Jennie. The way the younger takes care of her reminds her too much of Chaeyoung and on this special day, she misses the other even more.

"Jisoo..." Jennie breaks Jisoo's train of thoughts, moving the plate away from her grip and holds onto Jisoo's hands.

"I am sure you know that I have feelings for you. I don't intend to just sit by anymore. I will make you fall in love with me."

That is it, Jennie has confessed. It is now or never, her eyes looking into Jisoo's with sincerity, hoping that this confession would move their relationship further. She just wants to take her chances now and to cherish the moment until the cat is out of the bag. Jisoo has an indescribable expression on her face but deep down she knows that her wish has come true. Her person has come back in another form.

"It is going a little too fast but let's try to make this work," Jisoo pulls Jennie into a hug, saying, "this is the best thing that happened to me so far."

---------------------

A/N pt 2: Yay, Lisa has made her appearance! She will be back again. Did the revelation come as a shock? Let's see if Jennie can keep this secret as long as she can but hooray, Jensoo are together.