Summer

93°C

A/N: Hello! Chapter 3 is up, enjoy~

-------------------------

It is just an hour before opening, everyone is busy getting ready for business. Recently, there has been a huge morning crowd with a new office building  just across the street. While Jaemin is busy stocking up the items and cleaning the different counters, Jisoo is in the kitchen, roasting the coffee beans and preparing the breakfast sandwiches. After all the kitchen work, she puts the food onto the display cabinet/ chiller and the roasted beans into the grinder.

While working, the bell rings and this signals someone entering the cafe.

"Hello, Jennie!" Jaemin chirps with his boisterous voice and this makes Jisoo turn her head around. She wonders what Jennie is here for since it is too early and the really huge smile on her face does not seem like a good sign. Soon, the younger walks towards her, leaning over the counter and flashes her puppy eyes.

"I am on my summer break. I would like to work here and learn how to make coffee from you. Please hire me," says the college student, hoping to get a job. She hopes that this would be a good chance to get closer to the other and maybe get a free cup of coffee daily. Jaemin, on the other hand, chuckles at the sight in front of him since it has been a long time since he has seen mornings like this.

"I'm sorry. Wait, it's just too early to process anything. So you came all the way here, early in the morning, just to get hired?" asks the boss, her mind trying to process everything before continuing, "isn't their other cafes around? Why 93°C?" She folds her arms and leans against the steel coffee making counter, eyebrows furrowed thinking very hard on the student's request.

"I am a loyal fan of your coffee. Let me learn from you," Jennie pleads, almost getting on her knees but it is almost so convincing that Jisoo is intending to hire her at the spur moment but the latter thinks hard. To be honest, she doesn't need extra staff but if it is temporary, maybe she can do something about it. She thinks again, for the last time, before accepting the college student's verbal application.

"Alright, you will only be observing for these few days but be assured that it will be paid. I just have to do up a contract and train you in food hygiene and preparation before you can handle any food or drinks."

Jennie is so glad that she gives a salute and is very eager to help out. Jisoo goes to the storeroom to get her an extra apron and conducts the necessary checks before letting Jennie start work. She briefs her on the tasks that she's able to do and makes sure that the college student is comfortable and clear with all the tasks before opening the shop, ready for business.

-------------------------

Jennie is really enthusiastic and is helping out with whatever she can. She sends out the orders by calling out for the customers to get their drinks and even helps Jaemin at the counter by writing their names, learning the menu and also observes how to operate the cash register. She also clears the trays and cleans the tables once the customers leave. Even just on her first day, she is a very reliable staff and is definitely a great addition to the team.

"Good morning, boss!"

Jisoo turns around to see the delivery man calling out for her to receive and sign off the delivery. She makes sure to clear the orders first before tending to the deliveries.

"As usual? Long black? askes Jisoo after she is done with the chore. The delivery man, Mino, nods and with that, Jisoo makes his coffee.

Mino notices a new face at the lobby, who is busy cleaning the table and goes up to Jennie asking, "are you new here?" Jennie nods and makes small talk until his coffee his ready. The boss sees that Jennie is getting along with everyone that is associated with the cafe and is glad that she did not doubt her decision on hiring the girl for the summer.

-------------------------

It has been a long day and everyone is so tired, especially Jennie, who had been on her feet the entire day, except for the long lunch break. Since it is her first day of work and seeing how tired she is, Jisoo granted her a very very long lunch break that allows her to take some time off to walk around the vicinity and to sit at the swing outside the cafe, watching her favourite shows.

"How was your day?" asks Jisoo after she is done with all the administrative work and is ready to close the store. Since that night, Jisoo has been giving her a lift home. It almost becomes second nature for Jisoo to do so whenever the younger stays over for too long at the cafe.

"It was great! It's fun. It is my first time taking up a part-time job and this is definitely the best experience in my life. I learnt a lot and you are a really great boss. But don't expect me to call you a boss like everyone else." the girl gives a merong and puts her bag into the storage case, taking the helmet and passes it to Jisoo.

The older puts the helmet on for her but says, "I am still older than you and now, your boss."

"Just a year older. Don't make it such a huge difference that I have to use honorifics," says Jennie and she waits for the other to put on her helmet.

Jisoo shakes her head at the thought of another person dropping honorifics with her. Not that she minds it since she isn't too strict with the hierarchical system but still, it doesn't change the fact that she is the older one. She helps the younger up on the bike and starts the engine. When Jennie tightly wraps her arms around her waist and feels the younger leaning on her back, an old memory flashes by her head. She sees the same scene but with a different person behind her. She makes sure to control her expression but she misses the person too much and selfishly envisions Jennie as the person she has been pining for. Her whole being just has a mind of its own and she doesn't want to control it.

"Hang on tight," says Jisoo, as she squeezes the arms that are around her waist and drives off to Jennie's apartment. During the entire ride, she glances at the side mirror far too often and every time she looks at it, she smiles. With the light breeze hitting her skin and her clothes, with the warmth radiating from the person behind her, she just loves the feeling. Once she reaches the location, she takes the helmet off the passenger. Once it reveals Jennie's face, she is struck back to reality. She feels that she has been too selfish and internally apologises to the other for thinking her as someone else.

She hopes that by wishing the younger a good night would help to lessen her guilt. She masters up the courage to say, "good night."

The younger replies and the student gives her a hug and a peck on her cheek before taking her bag and dashes off into the lift lobby.

"Oh no," Jisoo thinks to herself. She didn't expect for things to end up like this. Her left hand is now furiously rubbing the temples of her head and immediately rides off to the cross-junction. As usual, she sets her bike by the side of the road and sits on the green grass. She turns her attention to the sky and it just looks awfully light today, with more stars sprinkling over the huge dark blue canvas. Her eyes scan the entire canvas, trying to locate the biggest and brightest star.

"Chaeyoung, I recently met a girl. These days I see you in her. I know you would kill me if you know about it. I feel bad too especially when she kissed me, on the cheek. I don't know what to do... I miss you so badly." Jisoo talks to that particular star. She closes her eyes and tears starts to form around the brim of her eyes. As a teardrop starts to form, she tries to open but the words seem to be stuck at . As that lone tear falls, she manages to utter, "I still love you, Chaeyoung."

-------------------------

A/N pt 2: Another melodrama fanfic. Yep, if you are thinking it's some Chaesoo but let's see how Jennie can fit herself into Jisoo's heart.