The questioning of Joohyun

Ladies, allow me to introduce you to each other

Sunday afternoons at Joohyun’s apartment are a fairly regular occurrence and usually spent peacefully, with each of them doing their own thing while comfortably occupying their designated place on opposite sides of the couch and, if Joohyun allows it, her legs lazily draped over the older’s lap. But something about today is different.

 

“Unnie, are you even watching the tv?” Yeri asks as she looks up from her laptop to glance at the other, nudging her leg with a foot to get some attention.

 

However, Joohyun doesn’t move an inch, eyes still focused on the screen in front of her, a book unopened and severely neglected in one hand and the tv remote in the other, giving no indication of even having heard her question in the first place or being present enough to notice the prodding foot. Not even the bare minimum of a noncommittal hum in acknowledgment.

 

Yeri sighs loudly for the umpteenth time since arriving, becoming more exasperated. By now, after so many futile attempts, she didn’t really expect an answer from her anyway. It appears that Joohyun is a little out of it today.

 

She has been quietly observing the older slowly zoning out and neglecting her (once) hot chocolate, her eyes a little unfocused and eyebrows furrowed slightly as she absentmindedly stares in the direction of her tv that is playing a documentary. She can almost hear her thinking. She’s physically here but mentally in a place that’s seemingly much more interesting. Yeri’s sure that Joohyun isn’t just too immersed or in deep thought about this particular documentary itself and lost track of time and her surroundings - although that has happened before- mainly due to the fact that one: nobody smiles like that at a documentary, and two: it’s a documentary about animals and that rings all kinds of alarm bells in her mind. Because last time she checked, Joohyun was still deadly afraid of animals and can’t even entertain the idea of being close to them. Not even through a tv screen. And animal noises are also definitely not something she puts on in the background when she’s doing something else or what helps her relax.

 

Yeri herself has been ignoring the tv with much effort, even attempting to take the remote from Joohyun’s death grip to turn down the volume and ease her own ever-growing discomfort, but Joohyun doesn’t seem fazed at all.

 

It doesn’t take a genius to figure out why her unnie is in such a state right now after all. It took her about two seconds of seeing that small lopsided smile on her face and noticing the look in her eyes to conclude that yesterday’s date with Wendy unnie was successful and she’s is still busy replaying everything in her head. It’s a very promising prospect.

 

She’s is secretly incredibly proud of her achievement and immensely curious, itching to ask a thousand questions, especially after seeing them together yesterday, with their amazing chemistry, but she can be patient. She has to be, she reminds herself. Joohyun can be apprehensive in talking about such things and her own enthusiasm will be overwhelming so she has to try and approach the subject somewhat carefully.

 

Having said that, Joohyun is seriously pushing her to her limits. She’s now more than ready to burst at the seams and about a minute away from grabbing Joohyun by the shoulders to forcibly shake some sense into her and get her to talk and share some excessive and exclusive details, as foolishly hopeful as it may be.

 

She has been idly waiting for the last 2,5 hours and the other hasn’t elaborated on anything yet, the silence between them unusual in the sense that it stretches out far too long, uninterrupted, and traps Yeri in a headspace of almost cruel anticipation. It leaves her no choice but to wonder whether there’ll even be a time today when Joohyun finally (and mercifully) helps her out of her misery and broaches the subject herself. Directly that is, because she’s heard enough little ‘confessions’ and comments muttered under her breath as she thinks about a particular detail from the date. How she bites her bottom lip shyly to fight off a smile with a slight blush dusting her cheeks or with a deep intake of breath and her eyes fluttering shut.

 

All the while forgetting -- or possibly ignoring-- that she is sitting right next to her and has a front row seat to everything. Respectfully waiting for her.

 

As if she was reading her mind, Joohyun speaks up, abruptly cutting through the silence and startling her a little.

 

“She’s…. really nice and cute, don’t you think?” Joohyun snaps out of her daze and turns her head slowly to watch the younger besides her inquisitively, raising her eyebrows slightly when the younger only sighs in response and rolls her eyes dramatically.

 

“You said that already like five times in the last half hour. I assume you’re not talking about the giant Hippo in this documentary because that would be awkward….”, Yeri says while motioning to the tv with her head.

 

“Huh?” Slightly confused, Joohyun turns her attention to the tv curiously and watches a split second before she gasps in horror and recoils slightly. Hastily she turns off her tv, releasing a breath of relief when the screen seizes to show her the big, scary animals from way too close. It’s a rude awakening from the pleasant thoughts currently swirling around in her mind.

 

She closes her eyes and leans back into the couch. Feeling the fluffy cushions engulf her small frame comfortably, she takes a deep breath to calm herself down. She didn’t even notice that it was playing on the tv, probably too deep in thought to register that she stopped switching channels somewhere along the way. Joohyun isn’t too bothered by it though, her current mood is difficult to ruin and it will take a lot more than that and Yeri’s burning stares at the side of her head with her mischievous, knowing smile to change that.

 

Yeri prides herself on the fact that she can read her quite easily most of the time. Yeri, although more rambunctious than you bargained for at times and bubbly, chaotically energetic in a way that could rival even the youngest kids at the playground on a full-blown sugar rush, is mature and wise beyond her years. She’s also incredibly perceptive to her surroundings when she wants to and doesn’t shy away from shamelessly inquiring until her curiosity is somewhat satisfied, especially with her closest unnies. She seems naturally capable of noticing much more than Joohyun would like sometimes, well-acquainted with the way her brain works by now, and she wears it like a badge of honor with a smug smile firm in place.

 

However, at the same time she also knows not to push Joohyun too hard or she won’t open up at all and will resort back to keeping her facial expressions (even more) rigorously in check and her thoughts completely to herself. Over the years, Yeri seems to have found a nice balance where she tiptoes on the invisible line between being too interested after observing her expressions, and staying frustratingly indifferent when Joohyun decides to share something else. Because even though Yeri notices a lot, it doesn’t always mean that she cares to know about it.

 

Joohyun learned this the hard way.

 

She prefers to deal with things herself, but she’s only human so whenever her frustrations, particularly about work, would pile up and eventually she’d reach a point where she would need to let it out in the safety of her own home before she went crazy, she’d request the presence of her ever-supportive dongsaeng who would be easy audience, or so she thought. She vents about her frustrations with people coming in late, having unorganized reports and desks, handing in subpar-work or taking lunch breaks that extend far beyond the allocated time, all while frantically pacing around her living room and flailing her arms animatedly in the air to get her point across to the younger on the couch.

 

Depending on the colleague and whether or not their work is done on time and is satisfactory, she can look past some of these things and cut them some slack occasionally. She’s strict but lenient. But the worst of all, which happens too often for her liking and which she absolutely cannot overlook, is when somebody yet again shows her a glimpse of how inept they can truly be at their job, when for example they have the courage to send her an atrocious looking excel file or report that looks like it’s been arranged and analyzed when they we’re drunk off their , despite her clear instructions on how to do it properly on numerous occasions. It irks her to no end.

 

But she never takes her frustrations out on her employees, opting instead to sternly reiterate how she would like and expect things to be done and maybe throw in a cold glare for good measure, just to make them aware of the gravity of the situation they have put themselves in. She lets her silence speak for her disappointment. They’re professionals, they can --or at least should be able to-- figure it out. Most of them anyway…

 

However, keeping it all bottled up is not a healthy way to cope with these frustrations for a long time, so, like any person in such a situation, she expected -- no wanted -- Yeri to be fully attentive during her (long-awaited) rant and tell her that she’s right, that her feelings are totally understandable, that she’s not a horrible boss and eventually help her calm down. She just needs a little validation that she’s not setting ridiculously high standards and that it is just their problem for not meeting her more than reasonable requests.

 

Alas, Yeri was clearly disinterested about anything work-related except for random gossip about her co-workers -which Joohyun is honestly the wrong person to approach for-, and just sat on the couch listening to her until it was over, eyes blinking slowly to emphasize her boredom. The younger didn’t even try to address what she was talking about but brushed it aside like it was nothing.

 

That day Yeri learned to indulge her a little, otherwise it’s like adding fuel to the fire.

 

In contrast, her love life has been a constant, favorite topic for a while and is brought up for questioning unprompted and teasingly. The apparent mystery is infinitely intriguing to the younger.

 

Taken together, Joohyun’s current predicament, with a fidgety, excited Yeri in her apartment was thus very much anticipated if you ask her. Naturally, she would want to know how the date went between her two closest unnies. But Yeri looking at her like that…. She guesses she brought that upon herself. Not that she thought she was doing a great job of hiding her daydreaming anyway. She can’t deny that she has caught herself drifting off and continuously thinking about Seungwan since leaving the restaurant. The image of easy, soft smiles, mesmerizing, bright eyes squinted into crescent moons and the memory of melodious laughter, breathy chuckles and good conversations still so vivid in her mind. On repeat. She probably went on the date about 40 times in her mind by now and she’s definitely not complaining. It’s a new feeling but it is nice and exciting.

 

“Unnie?” Yeri taps her shoulder and her voice breaks through her ‘Seungwan-clouded’ mind and pulls her back to reality slowly. Yeri looks at her pointedly, arms crossed and eyebrows raised in anticipation and amusement.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Are you going to elaborate on the date or are you going to be secretive as always?”

 

She her head. “Well, I don’t know Yeri?! I just met her and we’ve only talked for a couple hours so…”, she says as he averts her eyes.

 

Yeri snickers at her poor attempt to downplay her current situation. “Please, you left the restaurant at closing time. You’re already smitten, I can see it.” Yeri breaks out into sly smile.

 

“I am not…. It was a very good restaurant.”

 

“Sure, keep denying it for as long as you want but I can see it in your wrink- Ouch!”

 

“Yah!” She hits the legs draped over her lap as a warning. “I don’t have wrinkles, you little sh-”

 

The younger moves away from her immediately and grabs her arms, attempting to save herself from another attack while she laughs loudly, eyes shining in mirth. “Okay, okay…. you don’t. I just have a talent for distinguishing your micro-expressions, like how your eyebrow twitches when you lie so blatantly. Also, you occasionally mumble during your reminiscing so it’s kind of a dead giveaway.” Yeri chuckles lightly. “But I wouldn’t worry too much, I don’t think Seungwan will stop liking you even if you have wrinkles”, she teases.

 

Joohyun groans in defeat and throws her head back, already resigning herself to her fate of being interrogated by Yeri. She supposes she can’t delay it any longer.

 

“Unnie…… talk to me”, Yeri says softly, releasing her hold on Joohyun’s arms and leaning in to look her straight in the eyes, intimidating and letting her know she can’t get out of this situation. It’s happening. Her excitement is actually well-hidden from her voice but the wicked smile and hand impatiently tugging at her wrist are a telltale sign.

 

Subconsciously, a pout makes its way to her lips and she looks at the younger pleadingly, a last desperate attempt to avoid talking about it right now.

 

“No.” Yeri is determined and shakes her head wildly. There’s a finality to her voice that makes Joohyun wonder who the real unnie is in this relationship. “You’re cute but that won’t stop me from getting some answers out of you.”

 

Joohyun rolls her eyes and sighs while running a hand through her hair, buying herself time to think about her answer in the process. “Fine, it was good. We’re going on another date soon and I am thinking of where to go or what to do. Are you happy now?”, she grumbles that last part. Yeri doesn’t need to know exactly what she thinks about her unnie or just how much she enjoyed the date. It is a little difficult to put into words without laying all her jumbled emotions bare, which she is not at all ready for, so this will have to do for now. And she really hopes it will satisfy Yeri enough to let her go back to letting her mind wander peacefully.

 

Yeri blinks rapidly, taken aback. “You’re WHAT?”

 

“I am thinking….? I just told you”, she answers confused, her brows furrowed and head slightly tilted.

 

“No, not that. The first part.”

 

“That we’re going on a second date?”

 

Yeri’s breath hitches a little and she whispers to herself, “So, I wasn’t imagining it.” She looks at her in awe, wide, bright eyes resolutely locked onto her own while she lets it dawn on her. “Are you really?”

 

“Tell me, why exactly would I lie about that, Yeri?”

 

“Okay, point taken. But when?” Yeri asks excitedly, her small body shaking a little in anticipation. Joohyun is poised, careful, sometimes a little wary of people that try to get close to her, so for her to already have agreed to a second date is beyond Yeri’s expectations. Sure, she expected them to get along really well and like each other but she must’ve really, really enjoyed Wendy unnie her company to agree immediately, without hesitation or needing to sleep on it.

 

An almost imperceptibly smile starts tugging at the corner of Joohyun her lips at the thought of their next meeting and she averts her gaze, avoiding the inquisitive stare coming from her left.

 

She clears and shrugs in an attempt to appear nonchalant, although she’s not sure she’s pulling it off well-enough judging by Yeri’s amused expression and the feeling of a blush coating her cheeks. She fidgets with the sleeves of her oversized sweater. “I’m not sure, we haven’t decided yet. But hopefully soon.”

 

In between thoughts of Seungwan, with her nice smile and gentle brown eyes that make her feel all nice and warm inside, she has actually been trying -emphasis on trying- to focus and think of where they could go next. Replaying parts of their conversations trying to figure out what she would like. Currently a top contender is the Han river. Seungwan said she likes walking around or going to places she used to visit when she lived in Seoul as a kid, one of which is the river. It could be nice, she thinks, they can just talk and enjoy the nice autumn weather and pretty colors before it turns cold and grey again. And maybe they can go to a small café afterwards. She knows a really nice, cozy place where they serve a good hot chocolate and a variety of baked goods which she expects Seungwan will appreciate.

 

But Joohyun wonders if isn’t too simple. She’s fine with whatever as long as she can see Seungwan again and get to know her better but maybe the other woman would prefer that to happen over another dinner at a nice restaurant instead of a more casual setting? She’s still not completely sure and will weigh her options carefully before making a final decision.

 

For a split second she did consider asking Yeri and Joy for suggestions. They arranged the first date after all and it was a really nice place and they know Seungwan and her preferences much better than her, but she quickly decided against it. They don’t need to know everything. And their perspective from friendly outings that Seungwan enjoys will most likely also be vastlydifferent from what she imagines for her more… romantic intentions. No. Joohyun wants to do this by herself, arguing it will be better, more memorable and personal that way, and she also feels weirdly protective over what is maybe happening or will develop between Seungwan and herself, so enlisting the help of the ‘devil’s-duo’ is not an option. They already have their expectant gazes on them, no need to make it even worse.

 

She temporarily stops fumbling with the sleeves of her well-loved sweater and as she looks back at the younger, she’s greeted by the sight of Yeri nodding frantically making her wonder what they were talking about again.

 

“Yeah, soon is good. The sooner the better actually, you’re getting old.”

 

Joohyun narrows her eyes and looks at her menacingly. “Don’t forget I can still overpower you. I advise you to tread carefully”, she warns, her voice tinged with a hint of playfulness.

 

Yeri counters back immediately. “Oh, so violent unnie. Goddess of peace my !”

 

“Yah, language Yerim!”

 

To her credit, Yeri actually has the decency to look the tiniest bit shameful but it doesn’t last very long, the sorry muttered under her breath almost missed by Joohyun as the younger jumps up from the couch abruptly, almost depositing her precious laptop on the floor in her haste if not for Joohyun her quick reflexes.

 

Yeri briskly walks away, not bothering to check on her laptop and leaving a confused Joohyun behind on the couch, who cranes her neck to follow her movements with great interest until she’s fully out of sight.

 

“W-where are you going?” she stammers out.

 

“Hold on, let me get my phone”, Yeri yells from the other room.

 

“Why do you need your phone, I thought we were talking? Yah! Come back!”

 

Not a second later, Yeri walks back into the room with a spring in her step while she waves her phone proudly with one hand. “Relax, I need it because I have to give you Wendy unnie’s phone number to set up a new date.”

 

Joohyun’s brows furrow in confusion. “But I already have her number?”

 

Yeri jaw almost drops at the new information. “Oh my god!”, she squeals loudly, startling Joohyun before almost plopping down on top of her instead of the wide-open space next to her on the couch. She balls her fists tightly in an attempt to contain her excitement and preserve her unnies precious hearing, and takes a deep breath, a wide smile taking over her whole face and eyes shimmering. “Wendy unnie I knew I could trust you. The one and only Seungwan, I am sorry I doubted you. I can’t believe this is really happening. I knew I was right but I am like actually right! You guys are perfect together, un---“

 

She clears , cutting the younger’s rambling off and locking eyes with her as Yeri turns to her, surprised by the interruption. “I’ll have you know that I asked for her number.”

 

A toothy grin takes over the younger’s face at that. “Ahh unnie!!! You have some game after all!”

 

Joohyun raises an eyebrow, challenging her. “Why do you have so little faith in me?”

 

“Because I’ve never seen you actually go out with someone you’re interested in, duh. I could only assume you’re all like awkward and stuff. Or scary.”

 

She rolls her eyes. “I wasn’t. It was really nice actually.”

 

She’s aware that her people skills are not always the best, affectionately termed charmingly questionable at times by Yeri herself, but yesterday with Seungwan she felt really good. It felt easy. Natural.

 

Yeri eyes her curiously, speaking up before Joohyun can delve into her thoughts again. “Okay, and~….?”

 

“And what?”

 

The younger sighs in frustration at once again having to pull the answers out of her. Joohyun is being even more impossible than normal. “Unnie, now is the moment in the conversation where you naturally kind of give me more details about the date and how you feel about it and more importantly her?!”

 

Joohyun contemplates it for a second. “No”, she answers matter-of-factly before she turns away and picks up the tv remote again.

 

Yeri quickly takes it from her before she can even turn on the tv and she huffs, not amused by the younger as she tosses the remote over her shoulder and it lands somewhere impressively far out of reach.

 

“Unnie, please?”, Yeri pleads with the best puppy eyes she can muster.

 

Joohyun bites her lower lip nervously. Yeri is relentless, exactly when she just wants to go back to spending the remaining hours of her weekend happily daydreaming. “Why do you want to know? It doesn’t concern you.”

 

Already used to Joohyun’s more ‘prickly’ side when confronted so suddenly with having to share her emotions, Yeri replies calmly. “Yes, it does actually, since you both are my unnies.”

 

“Can’t you just be happy that your plan worked? We’re seeing each other again.”

 

Yeri sends her an encouraging smile. “Of course I’m happy. Over the moon actually.”

 

“….. But your curiosity is not satisfied yet. You’re being nosy.”

 

“Ehm.. no, I am being a good friend”, Yeri counters.

 

Joohyun looks at her pointedly, not quite believing that Yeri has no ulterior motive. She’s too excited for there not to be something else.

 

Yeri laughs heartily before she turns more serious, although her eyes still undeniably shine in amusement. “Okay, I also need details”, she adds, as if it is the most logical thing in the world. “Joy and I will write a speech at your wedding and we need to know if there’s any juicy quotes that are memorable—”

 

“Forget it”, she mutters as she starts to push herself up from the couch, ready to make a new cup of hot chocolate for herself and sort out what she will cook tonight. For herself only, because Yeri is getting on her nerves right now.

 

Before she gets far Yeri pulls her back. “Wait unnie, you know we’re just joking. I am happy for you and I want you to share your thoughts with me. Let me know what is going on in that head of yours. So please, just tell me something, I can tell it went well. She likes you and you like her, right?” Yeri asks softly, changing her approach.

 

Giving up on resisting and thinking of getting out of this, Joohyun responds with a slow nod and hesitantly looks at Yeri to gauge her reaction, but she stays surprisingly calm this time. Slowly she sits back down next to the younger.

 

“Did you have fun?”

 

Joohyun sighs dreamily, feeling the need to downplay how much she enjoyed it dissipate slowly as she registers the gentle, curious attention of Yeri, devoid of any judgement or intimidating excitement. She finally gives in. “It was good. Really good.”

 

“So, tell me. I am all ears.”

 

“I don’t know where you found her or convinced her to be friends with you in the first place but I think you can count yourself extremely lucky.”

 

Yeri just smiles sweetly. “First of all, I am a good judge of character. Second, I befriended her the same way I bothered you into being friends with me, if you must know. And I’m very convincing. Irresistible some might even say.”

 

“I am resisting you just fine.”

 

“That’s because you’re not romantically interested in me, that’d be gross.”

 

Both of them shudder, a mix of disgust and horror etched into their features for a second at the mere thought and Yeri doesn’t miss a beat before adding, “But I know Wendy unnie is a different story, judging by your….” She pauses intentionally and her lips curve into a sly grin as she motions with her hand and looks from Joohyun’s head to her feet and back. “Current ….. situation”, she drawls out.

 

Joohyun shakes her head and tries to fight of a lazy smile tugging at the corners of her lips. She can’t help it. “Yeah, she’s great and very, very charming. We talked and I made her blush a couple times and-“

 

Before she can continue her uncharacteristic rambling, Yeri cuts in, putting a damper on her mood ever so slightly. “She blushes easily.”

 

“Whatever”, she grumbles as she crosses her arms defensively. ”Seungwan also laughed at my jokes--“

 

“She must like you a lot then. You’re not funny at all”, Yeri interjects teasingly, not missing the fact that she used her Korean name so casually, like it just slips out easily. She’s surprised but she decides not to comment on it in favor of keeping Joohyun talking about the date so openly (finally!). Still, she doesn’t share as much as Joy would, who lures her in with food and proceeds to make her sit through an entire monologue with unnecessary details about her hot professor, but she didn’t really expect that from Joohyun anyway. At least it’s progress from her unnie getting stuck in her head and mulling everything over by herself. It’s good that she’s acknowledging it to the outside world. Well, just Yeri at the moment but still. Baby steps, Yeri reminds herself.

 

“And she got all cute and flustered when I kind of flirted with her”, Joohyun continues, deliberately ignoring the mysteriously smiling Yeri next to her as a blush creeps up her face at the thought of how bold she actually dared to be.

 

“Oh, poor Seungwan unnie’s heart”, Yeri coos. “Wait—you flirt?”, she asks, a little shocked, still. She saw the aftermath yesterday, a blushing Seungwan and Joohyun in the restaurant, but Joohyun herself telling her she flirted, on the first date no less and now acknowledging it, is extra shocking to Yeri and something she didn’t expect. Her unnie must have misplaced a filter between and her brain because normally she would never admit to do such a thing.

 

Joohyun just shrugs ambiguously. She usually doesn’t -- or more accurately hasn’t. She never really had a good reason to do so but Seungwan proves to become an exception to a lot of things really fast. Her hypnotizingly bright, brown eyes, squishy cheeks and warm personality easily breaking through her barriers and becoming an excellent motivator for her to step up her game, a certain boldness and playfulness naturally finding their way to the surface.

 

“I didn’t think you were the type to do that.”

 

“Yeah, but I was making a point.”

 

Yeri looks at her questioningly, eyebrows perfectly arched and eyes slightly widened in curiosity. “The point being?” she asks her.

 

Joohyun opens to elaborate but quickly shuts at the last second before blurting something out.

 

A smile threatens to take over the youngers face as a hint of recognition flashes by in her eyes. “Ahh~, I see.” Joohyun groans and Yeri nods to herself, content with the way things seem to be developing really well with her plan. Maybe even better than she could have predicted.

 

After a second or so of congratulating herself on her achievement, Yeri taps Joohyun’s shoulder lightly. “Who asked?”

 

Joohyun turns to look at the younger, confused. Yeri should really learn to be less cryptic sometimes, she doesn’t have the patience for this right now. “Who asked what?”

 

“For the second date of course. Who asked who?”, Yeri elaborates.

 

“Oh, uhh… well… I kind of joked about it earlier during dinner but then Seungwan asked me properly first, but we also sort of did it at the same time as well? It’s a bit confusing”, she explains, recalling the both of them standing in front of the restaurant under the streetlight, a little awkward and nervous but still full of smiles. Both waiting for the other to say something to break the silence but neither really knowing what to say or how to say it. Only for them to then blurt out the same question within milliseconds of each other. And although she can be a sore loser, she has to admit that Seungwan was quicker. This time.

 

“You. Are. Kidding. Me.”

 

Joohyun feels herself becoming slightly irritated at Yeri’s constant surprise. It shouldn’t be anymore. She admitted that she liked her and they’re going on a second date. If she thought nothing would happen or they wouldn’t match then why set them up in the first place?

 

She scoffs, running her fingers through her hair frustratedly. “Why is that so hard to believe? You set us up remember? We’re both adults we don’t need you to arrange everything, we’re capable of that ourselves.”

 

Oh unnie,” Yeri her eyes soften and she observes her for a second. “I told you this was meant to be. I’m a genius!”

 

She rolls her eyes as the younger’s starts sporting a smug expression. “You got me the first date but I got myself the second date, so please just give us time okay? I’m trying to figure it out myself and I really don’t want to mess it up and I can’t have you breathing down my neck every second, even when I know you mean well Yeri-ma”, she pets the younger’s head affectionately.

 

At Joohyun’s admission a sort of pride swells in Yeri her chest and a small smile starts tugging at the corners of her lips. She grabs her hand and squeezes it softly in reassurance. “You’re right. I’m going to leave you alone now and you just sit here and bask in those fuzzy feelings okay? But remember, whatever you’re feeling that makes you smile like that, is a very good thing. It may be new and scary but I know for sure that Wendy unnie is nothing but sincere. And the fact that you already say that you don’t want to mess it up tells me a lot about how you feel about her…”

 

“It was just a first date”, she interjects softly.

 

“Not just any date. A date with your future wife.”

 

She rolls her eyes and bites her lip a little. “Yeah, yeah…… whatever.”

 

Yeri gets up from where she’s sitting to start packing her stuff and leave her unnie be, like she promised. This unnie at least. But she definitely doesn’t miss the fact that her unnie is not so quick to dismiss the statement this time.

 

 

 

 

 

** Let me know what you all think ;)

Originally, I wasn’t planning on writing a second date chapter but if you guys really want to see that then I’ll seriously think about it! But for sure there are two more chapters coming. **