Epilogue

Blessings from the Past

As expected, the news that the BMOC was dating spread through the school like wildfire. Where the lunch-time gossips had only speculated the week before, now the rumors ran rampant. Some of the students even began "shipping" them in a sort of fan-club kind of way. Every gesture and exchanged look between the couple was noticed. Even the teachers occasionally stopped in the hallways to watch the tall handsome senior walk by with his large hand laced in the hazel-eyed boy's slender digits. The four friends found all of these things hilarious, and they secretly laughed together over the chaos that seemed to be happening due to Chanyeol and Baekhyun dating.

Chanyeol hung out at Junmyeon's house a couple of hours on Wednesday evening while Baekhyun was at work. He brought an extra shirt to change into for after Junseo's dinner time, and he enjoyed getting to know Baekhyun's cousin a bit better as well. When the brunet texted to let the tall senior know he had gotten home safely later that night, Chanyeol asked Baekhyun for a "home date" for the next day so that they could spend more time together with their son. Baekhyun agreed, and the following evening he showed off a little of his cooking skills for their meal. Junmyeon went out to dinner with friends so the little family could enjoy each other's company freely.

That evening as they put Junseo down to bed, the tall senior quietly asked the brunet to be his boyfriend. Baekhyun waited until Junnie was securely in his crib and covered in his blanket before turning and embracing Chanyeol. The muffled "Yes" was followed with a sweet kiss. Baekhyun then pulled Chanyeol into the living room away from the sleeping baby's ears and made sure to express his approval of the upgrade in relationship status in a very intimate manner. The tall senior was soon dazed and once again wondering how he got so lucky. His boyfriend simply cooed and patted his cheek before tucking his limp back into his pants. 

Over the next few days of school some of the more jealous students tried to start problems, but Chanyeol was proud of the brunet for being strong against the nasty rumors. When the basketball team joined Jongin and Kyungsoo in showing their support of the new couple, the issues calmed down to just occasional whispers that Baekhyun and Chanyeol easily ignored. 

Every Saturday Kyungsoo and Baekhyun continued to come to Chanyeol's house to work on their Music Appreciation assignment together. Most of the time Jongin would be there as well, hanging out on the floor of the music room and giving his opinion on the progress of the project. He designated himself the "waiter" of their group and made sure they all had drinks and snacks as needed for their work time.

Mr. and Mrs. Park wholeheartedly supported the developing relationship between Junseo's parents. About two weeks after they became an official couple, Baekhyun rode with Junmyeon and brought Junseo over to the Park home to meet his grandparents. The baby was quiet but wide-eyed, taking in all the new surroundings and new people. Chanyeol held his son and Baekhyun sat beside them on the sofa, holding Junnie's hand while talking with Mrs. Park about the pregnancy. Junmyeon sat in a separate chair next to Mr. Park, carrying on their own conversation. Seeing everyone so comfortable with each other made the baby feel at ease as well, and when Baekhyun giggled at something Mrs. Park said, Junseo responded with his own squeal of delight. The happiness on everyone's faces from the baby making himself the center of attention changed the course of the conversations. Very soon little Junnie was enjoying sitting on his grandmother's lap and holding onto his grandfather's fingers.

From that point forward, whenever Baekhyun came to the Park home, the baby visited as well. The Parks sent an open invitation to Baekhyun's parents to reassure their complete support of the hazel-eyed boy and his sweet bundle-of-joy. Mrs. Park also got in contact with Junmyeon's mother and soon the women were sharing baby-sitting duties whenever the boy's were busy. 

The four friends often combined study time with their leisurely hang-outs and helped each other with keeping their grades up. Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol also attended every basketball game at the school. They cheered loudly and often for their friend on the court. It was at one of their after-game hang-outs that Jongin asked Kyungsoo to be his boyfriend. Kyungsoo surprised everyone when he reacted by shouting "FINALLY!"

When it was finally time for the Christmas Assembly talent show, the friends were totally ready. Chanyeol sat on a stool in front of the piano as he played guitar, Baekhyun played piano and sang, and Kyungsoo stood to the other side of Chanyeol and sang as well. About half-way through the song, the stage lights dimmed and Jongin surprised everyone with a spotlight dance. Afterall, Jongin had heard the composition more than enough times to join in the friend's presentation. No one had known he was even interested in dance except for the friends and Jongin's mother, so everyone in the audience was amazed. The presentation was a big success, and after the program ended they went out to find their parents in the audience. As the families mingled and talked of possible plans for a late dinner, the Music Appreciation teacher came over and let the four friends know they had received the highest marks of the night. All the parents were extremely proud of the hard work the friends had put into their presentation. 

After agreeing on a restaurant, the families all got into their cars and left the school to head to their dinner. Baekhyun texted Junmyeon and had him bring Junseo and meet them at the restaurant.

Later, as everyone sat around the large circular table at the restaurant, Chanyeol looked around and smiled. Beside him, Baekhyun had his spare hand on Chanyeol's knee under the table, while enjoying conversation with Jongin's mother, who sat on his other side. Jongin sat on the other side of his mother, with his arm around Kyungsoo, who sat on his other side. Kyungsoo's parents were seated in the next two seats, admiring little Junnie, who sat in Mr. Park's lap. Mrs. Park was deep in conversation with Junmyeon, who was seated on the other side of Chanyeol.   

Baekhyun noticed his boyfriend had stopped eating, and he leaned toward him slightly. "Everything OK?" he asked quietly.

"Yeah.." Chanyeol nodded, not dropping his smile as he reached up to affectionately tuck a strand of hair behind his boyfriend's ear. "Life is good." 

- - - - - - - - - -