8/8 - Here we go... again?

Blessings from the Past

*MONDAY*

The next morning the whole school seemed to be watching as Chanyeol walked into the building. He knew a lot of people thought he was good looking, so he was used to being watched. But he held the hand of the boy next to him a little tighter as the murmurs began. The feeling he had from the week before was stronger than ever. He realized it was the need to protect the beautiful hazel-eyed boy.

Sure enough, among the gasps he heard the familiar sound of a certain female's voice."What's going on- Auh!" the girl huffed as tho very offended. "Chanyeolee~"  she looked at the tall senior as if she were demanding an explanation.

Chanyeol moved their joined hands to pull the smaller behind him, but the brunet pulled on the taller's arm to stop him. Baekhyun then looked squarely over at the girl. "Not every claim has to be explained to everyone all the time." he said firmly. "Some people understand how these things work." 

Kyungsoo had walked into the building behind them with Jongin closely by his side. "Couldn't have said it better myself Baek!" the dark-headed boy said loudly, getting even more attention from the gawking students lining the hallways. 

A few teachers had also wandered over to observe the scene. The designer-clad girl turned to them. "Isn't overt dispays of affection on the school grounds against the rules or something?" she asked demandingly. 

A couple of the teachers smiled as one spoke up. "It's not ual in nature and they seem very respectful of each other." Another teacher agreed. "There are no rules being broken Miss Kim."

Chanyeol looked down affectionately at the brunet for a moment then gestured with his head over his shoulder at the two behind them. The boys all started down the hallway towards Kyungsoo and Baekhyun's locker. The designer-clad girl huffed loudly after them, but then her heel and went the opposite direction. 

Monday's were the only day of the week that Jongin didn't have basketball practice, and he had made the coffee run for all of them earlier that morning. The four now had matching coffee cups in their hands. As they arrived at the locker Chanyeol released the brunet's hand to put his arm around him in a hug. "Careful..!" Baekhyun warned with a little smile. "I don't want to spill this on you.." 

"Sorry love." the taller responded. 

Jongin made a face. "Are you gonna be all mushy like that from now on?" he asked, trying to act offended.

Baekhyun giggled. "Oh hush. You're just jealous he can express what he's been holding in for the last two years.." The brunet looked at the basketball player over his coffee cup as he took a sip.

"Why would I be jea- ohh... nevermind." the tanned boy's face was a definite pink as he took a sip of his coffee and glanced nervously over at Kyungsoo.

The dark-headed boy had a matching flush rising on his face and he tried to act like he wasn't listening. He opened the locker door and gestured to Baekhyun. "We need to get on to class soon." As if on cue the first bell rang. 

Chanyeol turned his half-hug into a full one then pulled back from the hazel-eyed boy.  "See you later..?"

Baekhyun looked back and forth down the hallway checking for teachers, then leaned up and pecked the taller quickly on the lips. "Later.. yes."

The two grinned at each other until the dark-headed boy closed the locker door, making them jump. Kyungsoo grabbed the brunet's arm and began to pull him down the hallway. "Come on... you can daydream about your loverboy in class." The two waved goodbye as they left for their first class.

Jongin burst out laughing and whacked his tall friend on the shoulder. "Loverboy.. that's accurate!"

Chanyeol kept smiling. "Keep it up and you can have that nickname too... Nini.." He side-stepped the swinging arm of his friend as he laughed. 

The boys continued laughing together as they made their way through the usual swarm of students. Jongin went into his first class and Chanyeol went on to his usual corner of the library. He sat down with his coffee and smiled as he looked across the quiet space. His mind filled with thoughts from the previous week and beyond.

Life was good.