7/8 - Not an ordinary weekend

Blessings from the Past

*SUNDAY*

Chanyeol woke to the sound of his phone buzzing near his ear and squinted at the sunlight streaming thru his window into his eyes. He had forgotten to close his room-darkening curtains before falling asleep, but that didn't matter now that he saw who had sent him a text. Opening the message, he saw a picture of Baekhyun holding Junseo. Both of them were smiling sweetly at the camera and cute little bee and flower emojis were placed in the corners of the picture surrounding the words "Good Morning!"

Chanyeol quickly saved the picture then texted back a "Good morning my loves! Have a good day today!" He knew the brunet would forgive his cheesy enthusiasm.

A check of the time showed it was only 9:30, and his stomach rumbling made the tall senior decide to head to the kitchen for some breakfast. The sound of conversation drifted into the hallway, and he followed it into the kitchen where his parents were sitting at the table. Across from them sat his tanned best friend, enjoying a plate full of scrambled eggs, toast, and sausage. "Nini!" Chanyeol greeted cheerfully. 

Jongin rolled his eyes but grinned back as he swallowed his food. "I guess I have to deal with that nickname, now that Soo calls me that." 

"Oh, are you two already to the nicknames stage?" Mrs. Park asked the tanned boy excitedly.  Her husband chuckled at her interest in the boy's love life.

Jongin blushed a little as he smiled, but pointed at the tall boy that was at the stove loading up his plate for breakfast. "Thanks to your boy, I think the whole school might be calling me that nickname soon!" 

Chanyeol grinned as he came back over to the table with his filled plate. "Kyungsoo was sad you didn't notice him, so I had to make sure you did, that's all.."

Mr. and Mrs. Park laughed at their banter as the boys told them what had happened at the basketball game the previous day. Chanyeol soon caught up with Jongin's eating and when they finished they both took their empty plates to the sink. The boys offered to wash the dishes, but Mrs. Park shooed them away saying that she knew they had better things to do on the last day of their weekend. 

After hanging out in Chanyeol's room for a couple of hours, the boys climbed in the blue BMW and drove to the cafe where Baekhyun was working his Sunday shift. Jongin had to nudge his tall friend twice to get his attention after the vision of the brunet in a cute apron and small hat had Chanyeol in a daze. They ordered their lunch, and once it was prepared the tanned boy took a picture of their food to send to Kyungsoo. 

About an hour later Baekhyun had a break. He came to sit with them carrying a latte and a blueberry muffin. As soon as the brunet learned that Jongin knew the truth about their relationship, Baekhyun leaned comfortably into Chanyeol's side. The tall boy slipped his arm around the smaller's shoulder and Baekhyun reacted by snuggling even closer as he munched on his food. Jongin grinned from ear to ear and snapped a couple of pictures, choosing the best one to send to Kyungsoo. Within seconds Baekhyun's phone rang and he answered, putting it on speaker phone. The three laughed together as they listened to the owl-eyed boy exclaiming his approval of the developing relationship.

Later that evening as Chanyeol finished his homework he thought back thru the previous week. Just 7 days ago he had gone to sleep trying to not think about the blonde-headed boy that he met 2 years before. And now he was allowed to think about him and talk about him and dream about him all he wanted. It was almost surreal. Almost on cue, Chanyeol's phone buzzed with a text message from the boy of his dreams. They carried on texting and sending pictures to each other for the next 3 hours until Chanyeol noticed the time. He sent a final goodnight message, took a shower, and went to bed.