chapter eight

Idol

A/N is at the end! All I have to say right now is that I know you guys are gonna like this one :)

 


 

So here they were. 

 

Sinb had just finished showering, entering Yerin’s room barefaced, only in one of Yerin’s many towels. The owner of the room had conveniently prepared a pair of sweatpants and a regular white t-shirt for her. She can’t help but notice the sudden flustered Yerin who sat mum on the edge of her bed, though. The girl had her eyes everywhere but towards Sinb, which Sinb found adorable, but at the same time understandable. 

 

“I’ll… um… I’ll just… let you- um, yeah-” Yerin stuttered through her attempt of words, she wanted to pinch herself for being so awkward. She quickly got up and darted her way towards the door, passing by Sinb who she could feel and smell fresh of her own shampoo and body wash. She didn’t expect Sinb to wash her hair, but she did say to use anything she wanted in her toilet. 

 

As much as she didn’t want to be disrespectful towards her guest (more like her date), her eyes betrayed her and she got a glance of Sinb in only the towel, shoulder, collarbone, neck, all for Yerin’s eyes to see. Her hair damp and her bareface a little flushed, perhaps because the idol was too, a little embarrassed to be in a situation like this.

 

It didn’t last long, thankfully, and unfortunately, because Yerin could feel the heat rushing towards her cheeks as she closed the door of her own room behind her. All of sudden she felt really thirsty, like, really, thirsty, and why is it so hot in here? 

 

She felt herself become more helpless as she took a clean glass and poured ice cold water, gulping it down as if she hadn’t drank anything for days. Yerin gave herself a mental slap, the last thing she wants is for Sinb to think she’s a ert or anything along those lines. 

 

The click of her room door could be heard unlocking, then she heard Sinb call her, “You can come in now!” 

 

She made her way to her room again, “I hope I had everything you need to wash up, do you need anything else? A facemask? Mouthwash? I have one of those blackhead strips if you need those too?” There she goes again with her rambling…

 

Sinb could only let out a heartily chuckle, “No, Yerin-ssi, thank you. But I wish you gave me shorts instead of these sweatpants, I hate sleeping in full length pants.”

 

Yerin immediately rushed to one of her white drawers, pulling out a pair of black gym shorts. “Would this do?” 

 

“Omo, you didn’t have to- I was just saying… but yes…” Sinb hesitantly took the shorts from Yerin and her eyes darted to the ground, “You can just turn around, this wouldn’t take long…” 

 

Yerin blinked blankly before doing what she was told, and for whatever reason she even brought her hands to her eyes to cover them. She feels the heat rushing to her cheeks again. Not even minutes after, though, Sinb said she was done and Yerin turned around.

 

Her eyes couldn’t help but dart down towards Sinb’s… unrealistically fair and smooth legs. Yerin had always seen Sinb’s thighs and the rest of her bottom half, but up close like this? It was quite the dangerous territory that she had got herself into. She shook her head and snapped herself back to reality, before pushing out a cough to hopefully ease the thick tension of the air that suddenly appeared. 

 

“Are you still hungry?” Yerin asked the idol a little awkwardly.

 

“Is it bad if I am?” 

 

Yerin broke into a smile, “Not at all, I’ll order dinner. Is there anything specific that you want to eat?”

 

“Korean food, please! Like steamed egg and kimchi-jiggae? And some rice… Ah… my tummy is making weird noises now…” 

 

“Alright, alright, I know a good restaurant that has fast delivery.” Yerin reassured the idol and picked up her phone from her desk, immediately ordering their dinner. Sinb took this time to look around Yerin’s room again, but for some reason her feet brought her close to the owner instead. Yerin could smell her own shampoo smell and body wash fresh near her, her eyes looked up and was met with who was Sinb right in front of her.

 

A bright smile can be seen on the idol’s lips, “Hi.”

 

Of course, Sinb would be this type of flirt. 

 

“Hello, Eunbi-ssi. Is something the matter? Do you want to order instead?”

 

“No.”

 

“Ah... Okay…”

 

Yerin went back to her phone, trying to calm the nerves building up inside of her. Why is Sinb this close to her? She heard Sinb let out a small giggle.

 

Then Sinb sat at her desk, her fingers tapping on the clean white surface in front of her. Her eyes roamed around shamelessly, taking note of every nook and cranny of what Yerin had on her desk. She noticed that there were many things that were related to herself, Yerin had a couple of her photocards (which were presumably Yerin’s favourites) out for display, a banner from one of her concerts she held last year, and a few of the different versions of her fandom’s lightsticks sorted next to each other. She must’ve been a fan for a while now, she thought. 

 

There were also a few polaroids and pictures of Yerin, alone and with a couple of friends. One stood out in particular, however, because in this specific polaroid, this girl can be seen looking at Yerin a little… differently. As if she’s in love with her or something...

 

If Sinb’s eyes could shoot lasers through daring stares, then this polaroid would have holes by now. But thankfully she’s at that age where she can think thoroughly and not act upon emotions. So she did something else instead, 

 

“Who’s this?” 

 

Snapping out of her phone for a bit, Yerin tried to catch the question and answer, “Hm? Who’s who- Oh! Sooyoung? She’s my best friend.” 

 

“Best friends…” Sinb mumbled to herself, “She’s pretty, she looks like she could be a model or something. Let me know if she’s interested in that stuff, I could probably get her signed.” 

 

“She has quite the following on Instagram, everyone wants her to debut as a model but she just hasn’t mustered up the courage to do it… I’ll let her know, though! Oh, and the food is on the way. It’s on me.” 

 

Sinb turned around with the chair and faced herself towards Yerin. The girl still had all of her attention on her phone, however, so Sinb did what she does best, and that is to just admire Yerin as she is right now. Yerin had showered before her, so now she’s wearing a simple mustard yellow silk button up that had matching shorts. It looked expensive, but Sinb came to the conclusion that it was because Yerin was wearing it. 

 

She wasn’t sure why she wanted to sleepover in the first place, she was sure that Yerin wouldn’t be ready because they’ve only gone on two dates, but here they were. Her heart wouldn’t stop stammering ever since she arrived at Yerin’s doorstep, and somehow now it’s worse. They’re literally both in shorts right now! 

 

The idol tried her best to put that thought at the back of her mind and focused her thoughts back to the girl who was standing right in front of her. Yerin had her platinum blonde hair tied up in a high ‘no effort put into’ messy bun, she was also barefaced herself, but Sinb truly could not find a single flaw. Her skin looked as good as it did with makeup, with the exception of her eye bags being a little puffier, but that just made Yerin look more cute than bad. Her lips… those lips…

 

Sinb shook her head and snapped herself back to reality. She sighed softly but that didn’t go unheard by the girl in front of her, which made her stop using her phone. 

 

“Something on your mind, Eunbi-ssi?” 

 

“Yeah…” 

 

“What’s the matter?”

 

Sinb wanted to be honest, but how do you do that without sounding like a creep? 

 

“Hm…”

 

“...Yes?”

 

She felt the curiosity in Yerin’s tone. 

 

“You’re really pretty, do you know that?” 

 

“Ah… Sooyoung always mentions it, so I do know… but I’m not sure if I believe it.” Yerin moved her feet and plopped herself onto her bed, comfortably facing Sinb.

 

“Why not?”

 

“Have you seen yourself, Eunbi-ssi?” 

 

Sinb furrowed her eyebrows, head tilted to one side, “You shouldn’t compare yourself to professionally done makeup and staged planned outfits, Yerin-ssi. Plus, take a good look. My bareface is nowhere near how I look like when I’m working, don’t you think?”

 

“While I agree that there is a difference, I don’t think I can ever say that you’re not on another level of visuals.”

 

“How do I make you believe me, and Sooyoung, for that matter?” 

 

“I think we’ll have to figure that out together…”

 

“Then we shall.” 

 

Yerin didn’t expect that answer, the only thing she could do was give Sinb a toothy smile and a shoulder shrug. Sinb only smiled back endearingly, she wanted to give Yerin the whole world if she could, whatever that would take. 

 

Not wanting to raise any awkward tension in the air, Yerin spoke, “So… do you want to watch anything while the food is on the way?” 

 

“Hm… maybe we could just sit around like this? My eyes are a little tired to stare into a screen anyway. Oh! Did I tell you I’m planning to buy my own camera soon? Give me some advice, you’re the expert here.”

 

Yerin raised her eyebrows in amusement, she loved talking about cameras and photography. That’s what she majored in, anyway. “Sure, tell me your budget and what you’re expecting, like do you want to take videos on it as well or is it only purely for photos…”

 

The both of them immersed themselves in the conversation, with Yerin using her phone to search up various camera recommendations that came to mind when Sinb had listed out what she wanted. Then Yerin started to ramble again, talking about her experiences with cameras and just photography in general. 

 

She talked about her first experiences with photography and how she was scammed by this one store, telling her that this was the best she could get with her money but when she looked into it again, she could’ve gotten a better model with half the price! Sinb felt pity tugging her as she listened. The idol asked many more questions about cameras. But if she was going to be honest, she just wanted to see Yerin talk about what she loved about the most, because there was just that bright glint in her eyes whenever she talked about photography and Sinb was addicted.

 

Before they knew it, Yerin’s doorbell rang--she rushed to the door. Sinb heard the girl thank the delivery man and she moved her feet to Yerin’s small kitchen. 

 

Yerin grabbed the necessary plates and silverware needed for their dinner while Sinb got everything out of the plastic bag to set up. After everything was settled, the both of them sat down and ate dinner together. Continuing their conversation from earlier with ease, none of them felt any pressure, just bouncing from topic to topic and asking questions to each other. 

 

After dinner, Yerin offered to do the dishes since really they only used 2 plates and two pairs of chopsticks and spoons. Sinb obliged and cleaned up the rest of the leftover mess before coming up beside Yerin with a white towel in her hands, just like earlier in the evening, only the roles were reversed. The girl only smiled wide when she handed over the plate to the idol beside her. 

 

There was a question lingering in both of their minds by the time they both finished cleaning everything and themselves, and that is their sleeping arrangement. How were they going to sleep? Together…? The thought only made them both blush shyly to themselves. 

 

“Um… I’ll sleep on the floor tonight! I have some extra covers and blankets that should suffice comfort… So don’t worry about me!” Yerin half mumbled.

 

The thought of Yerin going through all the trouble to take out all of the extra blankets and trying to make herself comfortable sleeping on the floor and the fact that Yerin is going to sleep on the floor just didn’t sit right with the idol. She knows that Yerin is only trying to be nice, she is a guest. But…

 

“I… ah… I don’t mind if we slept together… in the same bed! I mean, um… I don’t want you to wake up sore tomorrow… It’s only fair. Plus your bed is pretty spacious…”

 

“Are you comfortable with that, Eunbi-ssi?” 

 

“I am! I don’t mind at all, as long as you’re okay with it too…!” 

 

“Then… I suppose we should get into bed now. It’s getting kind of late, you’ve had a long day today…”

 

“I’m fine, Yerin-ssi. We can even stay up if you’d like.”

 

Yerin moved her feet to one side of her bed, slipped off her slippers and got under the covers. She didn’t lie down, though, and only crossed her legs under the covers as she sat up and leaned against the headboard. Her hands clasped together awkwardly. 

 

Sinb only followed the girl and did the same. They both weren’t facing each other, body language tensing up for no apparent reason. The idol faked coughed to get Yerin’s attention as she turned to her left to face her.

 

The space between them was… atrociously far. Sinb wasn’t lying when she said that Yerin’s bed was spacious, but this? It was ridiculous enough that it almost annoyed Sinb for being so far from the girl. So Sinb took the liberty and scooted herself closer towards Yerin.

 

And that’s when Yerin turned her head to meet Sinb’s soft gaze. She felt time stop, everything around her seemed non-existent even though she’s only in her room. This would make more sense if they were outside in public, but it works here too? Yerin couldn’t fathom the feeling that was inside her chest right now, it was beating too hard and too fast and even though she had good control of her breathing, she could feel herself hitching any moment now. 

 

“Hi.” Sinb greeted with a small smile.

 

“Hello, Eunbi-ssi.” Yerin began, “Do you always come this close to people?” 

 

“Only to people who I like.” 

 

“Ah…” 

 

“Let’s hold hands.” Sinb said as she held out her left hand open and placed it on Yerin’s right knee.

 

Yerin obliged without saying anything else, her right hand slowly slipping into Sinb’s. Their cold fingers intertwined together, blood rushed to their respective cheeks. Sinb tightened her grip softly, her thumb caressing Yerin’s porcelain fair skin. A smile tugged the idol’s lips, the feelings she’s feeling right now were indescribable, especially when it feels like time slowed down again.

 

“Can I ask a question, Yerin-ssi?”

 

“Mhm…”

 

“Is all of this okay with you? I mean, I just want to know if you’ve thought about everything and I want to know how you feel…” Sinb asked before continuing, “I hope you know that there’s no pressure, we don’t have to continue whatever we have going on right now if that’s what you think is best. We can just forget about everything and move on with our lives… You can still attend my concerts fansignings too…!”

 

Yerin listened attentively to what Sinb was trying to say to her. She understood where the idol was coming from, and she knew the risks of her doing all of this. Sinb basically risked her whole career just to be here with her, isn’t that something? Sinb wasn’t really asking for much, she only wanted to know where she stood. And for that matter, Yerin was still unsure of her feelings, if she was going to be honest with herself and Sinb.

 

“I think I’m having a really hard time differentiating between idol Sinb and Hwang Eunbi…” Yerin replied with her tone sincere, after a minute of silence that didn’t go unnoticed by the idol herself. She only held her gaze towards Yerin and kept drawing circles on Yerin’s hands with her thumb, hoping that it’ll somehow calm the girl now and let her thoughts figure things out more clearly. 

 

Sinb only nodded and waited for her to continue, “I’m sorry if that sounds offensive…” 

 

The idol shook her head in disagreement, “No, no not at all Yerin-ssi. I’m listening…”

 

“I know the life you go through, everybody expects you to be perfect, right? And personally I’ve never looked at you that way. I know you’re human, and I am very well aware that you are flawed too. But even with that, I find it hard to see you as anything but an idol.”

 

“Perhaps… it’s more like you find it difficult to separate yourself as a fan of mine? You’ve always been a fan after all, we barely know each other despite always seeing each other and that would only last for 5 minutes or less… I still have a lot to learn about you too, Yerin-ssi.” 

 

Yerin turned to meet Sinb’s soft eyes again, this time with her mind unravelling towards what the idol had just said. She hadn’t even thought about that, all this time she’s been putting everything onto Sinb because she’s the person in question, but at the same time she herself was involved in this too, she forgot about that too quickly. 

 

Her eyes grew wider and everything was about to come to a full circle but not just yet. This definitely made things clearer for her, though. And with another minute of silence, Yerin finally spoke again.

 

“I like you, too, Eunbi-ssi…”

 

“You do?” 

 

“Pretty sure, yeah...”

 

Sinb’s grip tightened softly again, a smile forming on her lips. Her eyes roamed shamelessly around Yerin’s face. The whole room fell silent with them.

 

She let out a big sigh followed with a small chuckle afterwards, it was almost she was in disbelief and relief at the same time.

 

“I want to try something, but tell me to stop if you don’t feel comfortable...” Yerin voiced with a tremble. Sinb furrowed her eyebrows, confused, but agreed to it anyway.

 

The room was awfully quiet now, silent was just an understatement. They could even hear their own breathing and it was apparent that Yerin was breathing heavier than she did before. Her heart was racing and if it was strong enough it would’ve probably jumped out of her chest by now. She, too, shamelessly wandered her eyes around Sinb’s features. Taking note of everything that she’s seen before through her lens, only now she gets to admire it all to herself. 

 

Yerin mustered all the courage she had inside of her and laid her eyes onto Sinb’s lips. Those lips that Yerin had always admired, the way they were shaped, they were small and petite but plump at the same time. Always so red and pretty, it was as if it was sculptured just to match her other features like her high nose and cat-like eyes. Everything blended too well together, and Yerin finds it hard to believe that she gets to see this all to herself. 

 

Yerin leaned in, the already small gap between them slowly started to get narrower. Sinb did not move an inch, however, even if this was catching her off guard, she remained still just for Yerin, though, her head unconsciously started to tilt to an angle where it’d be perfect if their lips were to just…

 

Sinb felt the softness of Yerin’s parted lips on her own. Fire struck their entire bodies and even more so when Yerin started to kiss her. Their poor hearts raced faster and thumped the hardest they’ve ever thumped.

 

Yerin felt a hand resting on her jaw, then she felt Sinb kissing her back.

 

Deepening the kiss, Sinb swiftly moved and placed herself onto Yerin’s lap, wrapping her legs around the girl’s waist. There was no objection from the latter, so their lips continued to move in sync, intoxicating themselves in each other scents with Sinb’s hands moving down to hold onto Yerin’s neck. The girl almost winced at the ice cold touch of the idol’s fingers. 

 

They both pulled away at the same time and tried to catch their breaths, resting their foreheads together. 

 

“Wow…” Sinb said breathless.

 

“Yeah… wow…"

 


 

 

 

A/N: so... that happened, huh? let me know what u think of this chapter! im not sure if anyone has noticed or not, but i think my writing style has changed quite drastically compared to when i started this but maybe that's just me.

 

either way, i hope this satisfies all of ur sinrin needs. let's see what happens in the next chapter, shall we? ;)

 

also, we're so close to 200 subscribers??? that's so crazy!!! i've never had any of my fics reach that number yet. thank you so much everyone! i love you all, take care and always stay safe. till next time <3