chapter eleven

Idol

The both of them woke up extra early the next morning. Even without an alarm, Yerin was already stirring out of her sleep when she felt the heavy weight on top of her abdomen. She didn’t mind this at all, though, and she actually preferred it. It’s just one of those things you realise when you start to date someone and get comfortable with them. In most romance books, this is what you call “those small things” that makes things worthwhile and Yerin would definitely vouch for that even though she doesn’t read much herself. 

 

After a few minutes of just staring at the ceiling and letting herself cherish the moment, Sinb lifted her head to meet her gaze. Sinb’s eyes were purely soft, full of endearment even if they were hooded ever so slightly. Her jetblack hair was in a slight mess but that’s a given because she just woke up, but even so she didn’t fail to look so pretty in the morning light that shone through Sinb’s white curtains. 

 

Yerin thought Sinb was still fast asleep, so the sudden awoken girl startled her a bit that her eyebrows shot up high. 

 

“Your breathing changed,” Sinb’s hoarse and deep morning voice whispered through the silent room, shooting Yerin a small smile before laying back her head onto the blonde’s chest, “Good morning, Yerin-ssi.” 

 

“How long have you been awake?” Yerin asked, slurred with a slight lisp as her mind was still foggy. Her left hand found its way to the idol’s hair and twirled it around her fingers. 

 

“Don’t know. Time feels slower when I’m with you.” 

 

“Mm… Good morning to you, Eunbi-ssi.” 

 

She felt Sinb inhaled into her. 

 

“How are you feeling? You fell asleep quite early yesterday.” 

 

“Better… It’s been awhile since I slept that well. What about you?”

 

Sinb’s reply was cuddling up and nuzzling her face into the crook of Yerin’s neck, inhaling once more of that scent that calmed her so much it made her heart stammer. Her grip against the blonde tightened softly as if she never wants to let go. 

 

Yerin felt that familiar hot breath against her neck. And now that she’s aware of it, why does it feel so… different? 

 

She felt the fine hairs on her arms stand, the sudden shock of an electricity-like wave that pooled at the bottom of her spine was suddenly all that she could feel and that sinking feeling at the pit of her stomach that distracted her from whatever that was happening around her. All of her focus was suddenly down the drain, really, and it’s all just because of a certain someone’s pair of lips that was so so close to her neck. She genuinely wasn’t sure what was happening so she patted the idol’s back to get her attention, panicking.

 

“Mm…?” Sinb acknowledged, the vibrations of her hoarse voice burned the one spot on Yerin’s neck where her lips were close to. 

 

Yerin gulped the non-existent lump in , “U-um... l-let’s wake up… Eunbi-ssi…” 

 

Sinb heard the blonde’s voice crack and immediately shot up from her previous position, now on top of Yerin with worry written all over her face. 

 

“What’s wrong? Do you feel sick? Does your throat hurt? Do you need water?”

 

Not being able to make eye contact, Yerin shifted her gaze to anywhere but Sinb’s eyes, “I’m fine.”

 

“Why is your face so red?” Sinb used one of her hands to feel Yerin’s forehead and palmed her cheeks trying to figure out what was going on, the ice cold touch of Sinb’s left burning marks that she could only feel. “Your face feels hot but the rest of you is fine…” she whispered almost to herself.

 

Yerin could only try to sit herself up to release herself from the idol’s sudden hovering on top of her, eyes still everywhere but towards her. “Eunbi-ssi… I’m fine…” 

 

“You don’t seem fine...”

 

“O-Oh. I-I think it was… Um… This is going to sound weird… Ah… Your lips were on my neck… It felt funny…”

 

“Oh... sorry… I didn’t know that bothered you.” 

 

“It-it didn’t! Um… Do you know what it feels like? Because I can show you…?” 

 

Yerin starts leaning in towards Sinb’s neck. 

 

“HUH?!” 

 

Without waiting for Sinb’s clarification, Yerin’s oh-so-soft lips eventually reached the idol’s neck. The blonde only placed it there, however, and did not move an inch for about 5 seconds before pulling back away. The idol could only just… endure… fully knowing that exact feeling that Yerin was trying to make her understand even without a demonstration.

 

“Like that. Doesn’t it feel funny? Like there’s something at the bottom of my back and at the pit of my tummy. I’ve always wondered if anyone else felt like this. Do you get what I mean?” 

 

Sinb nodded in reply after a minute of silence as she tried to process her ruthless thoughts. She took a deep breath, blinked a couple of times and released the air inside of her before making eye contact with the girl who was making her think about things that she hadn’t thought about for awhile now.

 

She knew. She knew Yerin was innocent and so pure because that’s just how she was. But this? You have got to be kidding.

 

“You.. really don’t know what that feeling is?” 

 

“No… is it something bad?”


“It’s not necessarily bad… but…”

 

“But?”

 

Sinb sighed, “Okay, how long has this feeling lingered whenever you felt it?”

 

“Just a couple of seconds… sometimes it’s longer but I just distract myself from it by doing other things and eventually it goes away.”

 

“I can’t believe I’m saying this… but do you want to feel it again and try to figure out what’s going on?”

 

“Uh, sure? Though I’ve been feeling it quite often lately… like every time we kiss?”

 

The palm of her hand reached her own forehead, her cheeks flushing themselves red at the same time. It’s really too early for this, but she doesn’t want to leave Yerin hanging either. 

 

She also genuinely couldn’t believe that this is happening. 

 

“Okay… I’ll just… um… your neck, was it?” Sinb asked with a heavy chest, climbing herself on top of Yerin’s lap. The blonde only nodded and lifted her head a little to give space for her. 

 

“Tell me if you want me to stop.” 

 

“Mm…”

 

With that, Sinb carefully placed her lips on Yerin’s soft neck and left it there for a few seconds before she started moving them. She felt the blonde tense up and gripped the sides of her hips, a soft low moan leaving her. 

 

Since Yerin didn’t tell her to stop, the idol only continued her soft kisses around that small area of her neck, slow and full of care as she tried to make sure Yerin won’t get too uncomfortable. She had one of her hands placed on the other side of her neck for support. 

 

After a couple more seconds of smothering the blonde’s neck, Sinb pulled away feeling the same as Yerin at this point. Her ears still ranged through the moan that had left Yerin’s lips earlier, almost pushing her off the edge as is. 

 

“O-Oh…”

 

Sinb softens her gaze and stares into Yerin’s eyes, “You’re so cute, you know that?” 

 

Yerin pursed her lips in reply and shook her head.

 

“Got it all figured out now?” A smile crept up her lips.

 

“I think so… yes…”

 

“Can’t believe I just did that… aren’t you older than me?”

 

“I am… I’ve just… never connected the dots…”

 

“Why didn’t you ask anyone? Like Sooyoung?”

 

“It just didn’t bother me that much.”

 

As always, Yerin is full of surprises. She shook her head with a small giggle at the thought. A fully grown adult who had no idea what the term turn on felt like, it sounds absurd, really, but it’s Yerin.

 

“Hey, to be fair. I’ve never been this intimate with someone alright? And I’ve just never been interested enough to do my own research and all that. But thank you for clearing this out for me…” 

 

“Whatever you say, Yerin-ssi… You’re welcome I guess. I probably enjoyed that as much as you did.” Sinb shrugged.

 

“Yah! I’m being for real here…” 


“Mm… let’s wake up. I’m hungry.” 

 

“Of course…”

 

--

 

Sinb rummages through her own closet trying to find something to wear. Huffing and puffing as she tried to figure out what would be best to wear at this time of day. Yerin, on the other hand, was just mindlessly scrolling through Twitter on her phone with no worry.

 

“Aren’t you going to get ready?” Sinb asks with her eyes stuck to a beige blazer on one hand, switching back and forth between the white blouse on the other. 

 

“What do you mean? I am ready…” 

 

Sinb’s head snapped towards the blonde, eyebrows furrowed and shaking her head. “I’ll pick out something for you to wear, alright? I promise it’ll be as comfortable as that hoodie.”

 

“Mm… I don’t get what’s the big deal, though…” Yerin replied with her eyes still stuck to her phone.

 

Sinb only smiled. She knew Yerin just liked wearing hoodies because they’re comfortable and just convenient in general. And in no way that she’s trying to make Yerin change, but she desperately wanted to see Yerin in something else.

 

So with the limited time she had, she picked this black knee length short-sleeved dress she owns for Yerin to wear. She wasn’t sure if it was the best or the worst idea she had come up with because…

 

The blonde looked absolutely stunning that it made Sinb weak to her knees. How can someone with this type of body hide herself under some big hoodie? Many thoughts and questions ran through her mind as her eyes gazed up and down Yerin’s entire figure. 

 

Getting a little shy, Yerin’s cheeks began turning into that light shade of pink that Sinb loved to see so much.  She faked a small cough to get the idol’s attention again. 

 

“Um… can’t I just wear a t-shirt or something?” 

 

“No.” Sinb replied with a cheeky smile, eyes now locked with the blonde’s.

 

“Okay…” 

 

Yerin could only sigh as they got moving to Sojung’s apartment.

 

--

 

Kim Sojung, or more known as Sowon and other times known as Sophrodite, was South Korea’s number one actress who’s won numerous daesangs in her career. Yerin was a huge fan of the dramas that she’s been the lead in so to say that she wasn’t nervous for lunch meeting was an understatement on it’s own.

 

She’s gotten used to Sinb for the past couple of days since they have practically spent every minute together (even though Sinb still makes her heart race like her life depended on it). The both of them truthfully enjoyed each other’s company and neither of them could find the will to leave and not sleepover at each other’s apartments. That first night that they cuddled to sleep together will forever be ingrained in their minds, because ever since then the both of them have become addicted to being in each other’s arms that way. 

 

The ride to Sojung’s apartment was short, though it was long enough for them to steal glances at each other every now and again with sheepish smiles on their faces, fingers intertwined underneath Sinb’s black leather handbag just like yesterday when they went over to Contrail Ent.’s building. It was exciting this way too, being together and just enjoying each other’s company with no other worries at the back of their minds. It wasn’t to say that they both think it’ll last like this forever because the reality is that it won’t, but they’re just taking in every moment that they’re spending together and cherishing it to their heart’s content. 

 

Yerin has a huge feeling that she won’t stop feeling like this for a while, though, because time has its own way of dealing with things. Because even the simplest of gestures like how Sinb was circling the back of her hand with her thumb made her swoon, eyes going dreamy every time she looked over towards Sinb to steal a glance of such a pretty view that right now at this moment was all that she could see. 

 

And even though it still doesn’t seem to feel real to Yerin, because let’s face it, dating your idol…? That definitely only happens in the fictional side of the universe but here she is. Here she is with the person who she used to look up to and admire, who she only could ever see up close through her camera lens and for 5-10 minutes during fansignings with short conversations that ended before she even knew it would. 

 

It’s crazy, really. All of this doesn’t make sense but here she is, in front of the Kim Sojung’s apartment. For some reason, they didn’t even have to knock because Sinb keyed in the password to Sojung’s digital door lock and unlocked it instantly. The idol turned around before pulling down the doorknob to open the door and shot the blonde a wink that melted everything inside of her. 

 

“You’re here? Ah! You must be Yerin-ssi… Hello!” Sojung rushed towards the entrance to her apartment when she heard the ring of the door unlocking. 

 

“Pfft… I don't even get a hello. Told you, she likes you already.” Sinb huffed as she rolled her eyes passing by Sojung. 

 

Yerin, who was quite in awe because of the person who had just greeted her, blinked a couple of times before shaking her head and bowing low. 

 

“Hello.” 

 

“Oh come on, Yerin-ssi! No need to be so formal. Come in, make yourself at home, though, I’m sure you would have better manners than a certain someone who didn’t even think twice to abuse the privilege I gave her with the password to my apartment.” 

 

Sinb only rolled her eyes again while a smile finally peeked through Yerin’s lips with a giggle leaving her. She quickly made her way to Sinb who was sitting on the sofa of Sojung’s living room. 

 

“Yuna should be here soon, I’m almost finished with lunch so you guys just… uh… just don’t makeout on my sofa, please? And Eunbi-ya, control yourself. You literally look like you’re going to rip off your own and Yerin-ssi’s clothes at any moment.” 

 

Sinb scowled towards her best friend who already had her back turned going back to her kitchen.

 

“Yuna’s going to be here too?”

 

“She told me at the last minute too, ‘ a double date ‘ if you will…” 

 

“They’re already dating?”

 

“No, but Sojung-unnie is delusional like that.”

 

“I heard that!” Sojung yells from her kitchen, the two lovebirds snicker to themselves.

 

As much as Yerin would love to stay and talk with Sinb, she didn’t want to come off as rude and just sat around while Sojung did all the work. So even with Sinb’s adorable pout when she had told her that she’s going to go and help Sojung, she got up and moved her feet to the kitchen with a heavy heart because that sight of the idol was too much for her heart.

 

“Is there anything I can help with, Sojung-ssi?” 

 

“Eunbi did mention that you can cook… Why don’t you help me with that boiling kimchi-jiggae? Thanks, by the way. That girl is hopeless in the kitchen, she makes me cook her lunch.” 

 

Yerin nodded with a small smile on her face, her heart racing a little because she was nervous to be in such close proximity with someone like Sojung. She always had trouble starting conversations, though, so her anxiety was more than just about being with Sojung. It was also the fact that she’s someone new and Yerin has no idea what to expect.

 

She also inwardly chuckled to herself as she remembers her dinner date with Sinb when she cooked her pasta. The dish was really good, so it seems like Sojung only said that to tease. Or maybe Sinb only knows how to make pasta and/or western food...

 

“Um… how’s everything going for you, Sojung-ssi? I believe the filming for your current drama is being on hold right now, right?”

 

“Ah yeah... because of the whole COVID-19 thing which is understandable. But at least I can get some rest, don’t get me wrong, I love my job but the hours are crazy.”

 

“Mm…” 

 

And just like that… they continued to have their first official conversation. Yerin also felt herself getting less tense as time went by just because Sojung was that good at carrying conversations and tried her best to make Yerin comfortable enough to talk freely. 

 

Soon, the doorbell rang and now Sojung was the one who was visibly tense. They both heard Sinb’s feet thump softly to get the door. The actress shook her head in an attempt to shake off the nerves building up inside of her, quickly and deliberately washing her hands to get rid of the smell of raw vegetables before wiping them off down her apron, carefully listening to the soloist and the idol greeting each other.

 

“Unnie?” Yuna called out, a smile crept up Sojung’s lips and all of a sudden Yerin could tell that all of her worries had washed away, relaxing every muscle in her body. 

 

“Yuna-ya… how did you arrive later than Eunbi? Did something happen? Is the world coming to an end?”

 

“Yah!” Sinb exclaimed, eyebrows furrowed with a cute pout on her lips for the second time today.

 

“I’m sorry unnie, I… um… I went to get your favourite…” Yuna stuttered but quickly snapping out of it, “Look! Glazed donuts from Summer Rain’s Bakery!”

 

Yuna lifted her arm to show the medium sized donut box in her hands, Sojung softed her gaze towards the girl. 

 

“How rude of you to not get me anything, unnie.” 

 

“Oh cmon, Eunbi-ya, I always treat you coffee!”

 

“Thank you, Yuna-ya…” Sojung smiled, trying to process her thoughts.

 

Yerin only stood mum watching the scene before her, too with a smile on her lips because the scene was too pure. She could tell that the three of them were great friends and she could also tell that the longing gazes of the two girls weren’t anything ordinary. They were full of love, as if they were in their own world once their orbs caught each other. 

 

“Oh! I’m so sorry, where are my manners? You must be… Yerin? Hi! I’m Choi Yuna.” Yuna turned to the blonde which snapped her out of her mini treadmill of thoughts and bowed her head low.

 

“Yes… Jung Yerin. Nice to meet you, Yuna-ssi.”  Yerin bowed back with a nervous smile.

 

“Likewise, has anyone ever told you that you look like a doll? Like an extremely attractive doll?”

 

“Now that you mention it, Yuna-ya, I never noticed. Damn, you are an extremely attractive doll…” Sojung said, agreeing with the soloist. 

 

All eyes were on Yerin now. The fact that THREE A-List Korean celebrities were paying this much attention to her at all… she was starting to squirm in her own skin. Not to mention the sudden compliment and  comparison between herself and a doll. What type of average doll are they talking about? Because they look unreal themselves, the blonde could clearly tell Yuna wasn’t even wearing any foundation and yet her skin looked so smooth. Sojung’s high nose bridge was something else and we all already know what she thinks of her Eunbi. 

 

But before things got more intense for her, Sinb, of course, chimed in to save her from all of the anxiety, “And she’s my doll. Everyone back off! You guys are scaring her.” 

 

Yerin chuckled with a huge smile forming on her lips upon hearing the idol and every word did not go by unnoticed. Her cheeks became a light shade of pink, “Thank you, Sojung-ssi, Yuna-ssi, I’ve heard that a couple of times, yes. But I often question what people meant by that because I’ve never seen a doll that looks like me.”

 

“Hm… I’ll buy it for you if I ever see one. You’re not also naturally blonde, are you?” Sojung asked, reverting back her attention towards preparing lunch. “Cus that would be… like a genetic lottery.”

 

“Ah… unfortunately for my scalp, no…” 

 

Their conversation continued comfortably with Yuna and Sinb chiming in every now and then as they took the initiative to set up the table. And by the end lunch, all of them were laughing like idiots because of something Yuna said. They were thankful that they had cleared their entire plates at this point. 

 

Sinb genuinely felt content seeing how Sojung and Yuna were getting along so well with Yerin. Because for the longest time they’ve been pestering her to get on more dates and live her life outside of being an idol. You could say that she was addicted to her job that it distracted her from anything else and that included her love life. Though when she first met Yerin, that spark was big enough to make her heart crave for more. 

 

“Do you guys need a ride home? I can drive?” Sojung asked, her eyes darted towards the watch on her wall that read 4:55 PM. “Yuna is sleeping over.” 

 

Both Yerin and Sinb could see how hard Sojung was fighting a grin, they stole a glance at each other with knowing eyes.

 

“It’s okay, Minseok-oppa is already downstairs waiting for us.” Sinb declined the offer, intertwining her fingers with Yerin’s. “Ready?” 

 

Yerin gave the idol a small nod with flushed cheeks, she didn’t expect to be like this even in front of her friends. 

 

“Thank you for lunch, Sojung-ssi. I had a great time.” 

 

“Of course! Anytime. You have my number, give me a call sometime. Also, you guys are awfully sweet together.” 

 

“Speak for yourself, do yourself a favour and just tell her already. What a bunch of hopeless romantics.” 

 

Yerin chuckled at the idol’s statement and Sojung scrunched her face as she bid the two girls goodbye. Yuna, on the other hand, was so clueless towards her surroundings and the conversation, “I’ve been wondering who’s this ‘her’ we all keep talking about. Unnie, you have to tell me later!” 

 

Sojung’s cheeks flush red, but it still goes unnoticed by Yuna and Sinb could only scream internally while tightening her fingers around Yerin’s, “It was nice meeting you, Yerin-ssi! I hope we can hangout again!” 

 

The blonde smiled fondly towards the soloist, nodding in agreement and as a bid goodbye. The door shuts in front of them and they both start walking towards the elevator, hands swinging back and forth whilst giving each other shy smiles. 

 

“Yours or mine?” Sinb asked, pressing the button with her free hand.

 

“I miss my cameras…”

 

“Yours it is.”


A/N: whoa... it's been a minute huh? i really tried to write this in my free time u guyss!! but of course... im still trying to adjust my body with school so ive been extra tired lately, i hope u all can forgive me for the late update. and im so sorry if this chapter seems super rushed!! (not their relationship, i meant this whole chapter itself)

writing in four characters all at once was challenging as u can tell by the quality of this chapter. i hope it's not too difficult to interpret and read and i hope all of u will enjoy reading it as much as i enjoyed writing it. for the most part, i just wanted to introduce yerin to sojung and yuna and i wanted to showcase how sinb's relationship works between the two of them. 

with that said, i cant guarantee when the next chapter will be posted and i dont want to keep u guys waiting so this is a heads up! also because i have trials coming up and i'll be busy for the next 2 weeks or so. 

as always, thank you for taking the time out of ur day to read my story, comments are appreciated :) 

[ p/s: if i wrote an [M] chapter... would anyone be interested in that? let me know ;) ]