chapter ten

Idol

The ride to Contrail Entertainment’s building was mostly silent, the both of them comfortable whilst trying to hide their intertwined fingers from the ahjussi’s gaze by the rearview mirror. Neither Yerin or Sinb was that worried though, because they both had black masks on and were wearing matching black outfits afterall. Nobody could recognise them even if they tried.

 

When they arrived, Yerin would be lying to herself if she said she wasn’t a teeny bit nervous. It’s not the first time she’s been to Contrails Ent.’s building, most of which she’s only sat outside the entrance to wait for Sinb to come out and take pictures and other times she’s only passed by with no other thought in mind. So for her to actually go inside into the practice room where Sinb has spent more than half a decade in, putting all of her blood, sweat and tears into practice to become the talented person she is today, was definitely nerve-wrecking even if she’s just a fan. She felt so much for the girl who she still had her fingers intertwined to. 

 

“Are you okay?” Sinb felt Yerin’s body language become tense, worry could be heard all across her tone as she spoke. 

 

Snapping out of her anxious thoughts, Yerin gave the idol’s hand a gentle squeeze and a smile to reassure her that everything is fine even though her heart was sinking a little. 

 

Sinb led the way and Yerin felt her heart tighten as they entered the building, she felt a little uneasy from all of the anxiety building up inside of her and being inside a new place definitely has some effects on some people. Soon enough, though, they arrived at the dance practice room just shy off a few minutes earlier than what was scheduled for the idol.

 

“Welcome to my second home, Yerin-ssi.” Sinb said with a warm smile. The blonde could tell that Sinb felt at ease here, telling from her body language and from the expression on her face𑁋this was indeed her second home. The both of them brought their masks down to their chin since they’re already inside of the building, it was safe and clear now.

 

The nerve-wrecking feeling inside of Yerin was slowly being replaced with awe, she looked around the room, the shiny birch wood floor with white walls accompanied with a whole row of full length mirrors in front of her, bright lights that lit the whole room so clearly. It was definitely nothing new, Yerin has seen this multiple times from Sinb’s dance practices, but being here was a different experience on it’s own. 

 

On one side, there was a sound system that intrigued Yerin because who knew she also loved audio and just anything tech in general. Her feet moved towards it as if she was pulled by a magnet, amazed by all stacks of metal that probably cost more than her entire life. 

 

“This is so cool…” Yerin voiced in interest.

 

“Yeah… but I have no idea how to work anything on there. The only thing I know is how to switch it on and pair it to my phone so I can play music from it.” Sinb replied as she approached Yerin, flicking a single switch and all of a sudden numerous red and green lights lit up. She also took a mental note of how apparently Yerin just loved anything that had to do with technology and computers in general, not just photography.

 

“Let’s warm up a little, Yerin-ssi.” The idol said with a smile as she selected Bad Boy - Red Velvet from one of her playlists, setting her phone down when she hears the whole room filled with the first few notes of the song. Her hands reached out to Yerin’s arms and dragged her to the middle of the room facing the wall of mirrors. 

 

“Wha-what do you mean by “let’s”, I can’t dance…” Yerin fussed through her words, eyes blinking rapidly in confusion. 

 

“Don’t you know this song? I’m sure you have a couple tricks up your sleeve, Yerin-ssi. Dance with me!” 

 

입은 옷은 신경 쓴 듯 안 쓴 듯

[Ib-eun ut-neun singyeo sseun deut an sseun deut]

 

관심 없는 말투 I like that

[Gwashim eobneun mal-tu I like that]

 

The pre-chorus starts and Sinb chicly moves with the beat, imitating the original dance perfectly. Yerin could only have her eyes focused on the idol dancing in front of her, watching her killer sharp moves and accurate expressions to match the vibe of the song. Is this what warming up was for Sinb? Because if Yerin had no idea, she would’ve thought the idol was practicing for an actual stage performance.

 

Sinb turned around to face Yerin and gestured to quickly come up beside her just before the chorus starts to which the blonde obliged to, she hears Sinb say something in the midst of everything, “It’s coming, are you ready Yerin-ssi??” 

 

홀린 듯 날 따라와

[Hol-lin deut nal dda-ra-wa]

 

Without missing a beat, the both of them start dancing following the original choreography and for whatever reason Yerin knew the dance as well as Sinb did.

 

모두 환호해 너도 곧 ooh ooh (oh-eh-oh-eh-oh)

[Modu hwan-ho-hae neo-do got ooh ooh (oh-eh-oh-eh-oh)]

 

아닌 척해도 넌 ooh ooh (oh-eh-oh-eh-oh)

[Ah-nin cheok-hae-do neon ooh ooh (oh-eh-oh-eh-oh)]

 

한 번 내기를 해볼까

[Han beon naegi-reul hae-bol-kka]

 

너무 쉽게 오지 마

[Neomu swip-ge o-ji ma]

 

재미 없잖아 거기서 ooh ooh (oh-eh-oh-eh-oh)

[Jae-mi eob-jannah geo-gi-seo ooh ooh (oh-eh-oh-eh-oh)]

 

밀고 당겨볼까 Ooh ooh (oh-eh-oh-eh-oh)

[Mil-go dang-gyeo-bol-kka Ooh ooh (oh-eh-oh-eh-oh)]

 

시작할게 bad boy down

[Shi-jak-hal-ge bad boy down]

 

The both of them continued to swiftly match every beat, glancing at each other every now and then with shy but confident smiles. Who knew Yerin was also such a great dancer? The idol had a hunch that Yerin probably memorised a whole bunch of Kpop choreographies as one fan of KPop does, but she had no idea that she’d be this skilled of a dancer. 

 

Dancing and singing was actually Yerin’s first love. Way before photography came into the picture, her parents who wanted to support their child in every way they could sent Yerin to dance and singing classes, so she grew up with that innocent flicker of excitement to become an idol herself. The blonde has always loved the feeling of music going through her and just moving every muscle of her body to perfection in order to match the beat. 

 

Yerin had truly missed this𑁋being in a space where she could just be herself and move her body however she liked. Obviously she had her apartment to do whatever she desired, but being here in an actual dance studio reminded her so much of her early childhood and that was something she didn’t know she needed. 

 

It was when the song had about a minute left that Sinb had stopped all of her movements all together only to watch Yerin dance her way till the end of the song. To say that Sinb wasn’t getting all flustered and mesmerised by the blonde was an understatement because here she was with her heart stammering like crazy, her jaw dropped and mouth open. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t take her eyes off of Yerin and how she was swaying her way with the rhythm. 

 

내겐 쉽지 bad boy down

[Nae-gen swip-ji bad boy down]

 

The song finally came to an end and Yerin held her pose for 5 seconds before puffing out of it to catch her breath, her body bending down and hands reached to her knees.

 

When she finally turned around to look at the idol, though, she was met with Sinb’s ‘in awe’ stare. The gaze made Yerin flushed to her cheeks and only now did she realise what she had just done. She really just danced in front of South Korea’s top soloist like that? She felt almost like a fool and is embarrassed to no end. 

 

“I did say I couldn’t dance… but was I that bad, Eunbi-ssi?” 

 

Sinb tried to register what Yerin just said to her but she couldn’t bring herself to string the right words, “Uh…” The idol immediately shook her head to prevent herself from looking more like an idiot in front of Yerin.

 

“No! No! Not at all, you were great, if anything𑁋Um…” The idol had difficulty trying to focus on her words because Yerin just looked so ethereal right now. 

 

The shine of sweat against her forehead, that glint in her eyes that Sinb only saw when she talked about photography, the heaving of her chest as she tried to catch her breath, her lips parted as it tried to let more air in, everything about Yerin right now… It was both equally hot and overwhelmingly attractive, she couldn’t believe Yerin is real. 

 

“Are you okay, Eunbi-ssi? Does anything hurt? Do you need me to call Minseok-oppa?” Yerin said in a rush when she noticed that Sinb didn’t look like herself all of a sudden, mostly because she’s never seen Sinb so flustered and stuttering. She approached closer towards her to get a better look. 

 

Sinb finally snapped out of her own world for the millionth time today when she noticed Yerin coming closer to her, “What? Oh! No I’m fine! I’m fine!” She shook her head again before speaking, “I really just… had no idea that you could dance, Yerin-ssi.” 


“Ah… I guess it’s a hidden talent? I used to go to classes when I was younger...” 

 

“Why did you stop?”

 

“I just didn’t think I was good enough for it. You know, I actually wanted to be an idol myself before I got into photography…” 

 

Sinb huffed in disbelief, “What do you mean you’re not good enough??? I literally thought you were an idol right then and there!”

 

Yerin chuckled at the idol’s sudden outrage, “Thanks, I guess.” she replied scratching the back of her head with a shy smile on her lips, the compliment meant the world to her and even more so because it came from none other than her favourite idol who she looked up to (and also now dating, apparently).

 

“Since you know a thing or two, you can help me with the new choreo!” 

 

“Am I qualified to do that though?” 

 

“Yerin-ssi, by the looks of it, you could even pass as one of my background dancers. You clearly have the talent and skill and that’s coming from years of experience, by the way. So stop doubting yourself.”

 

Yerin only shrugged and just went along with the idol, muttering a small “Thanks” under her breath before shooting Sinb an endearing smile. 

 

So both of them got to work. Sinb showed Yerin a video on her phone that replayed a few parts of the song that has been finished and choreographed. During the first hearing, Yerin’s eyes bulged wide open because she couldn’t seem to fathom how good the song was even if it was still nowhere near finished. She described the song to be just as she expected from Sinb, something with a catchy beat and chorus but not too much to annoy a listener. Even though this was a demo, she could already imagine Sinb’s voice hitting each note to perfection in her own way to color the song as her own. 

 

Sinb also liked that she was getting personal constructive criticism from a fan’s perspective. It gave her a better idea on how to present herself on stage and how to make things more worthwhile for her fans. She was also glad that it’s Yerin who’s giving her these advises because she knew Yerin would be honest with her instead of trying to please her. It was pretty much a win-win situation on both ends and plus, they genuinely and just really really really enjoyed each other’s company.

 

“I think that’s enough for today,” Sinb voiced and glanced at her phone that said 5:45 PM, “Pretty sure I got most of the choreo down now.” 

 

Yerin, who was on the floor with her legs sprawled open, chugged down a bottle of ice cold water. She nodded in agreement while swallowing down the cold fluid down .

 

“Tired?” the blonde asked with pure genuinity. Sinb only shook her head as she cooled down her muscles by doing mini stretches. “Can we perhaps… go meet Minseok-oppa now?” 

 

“Ah! Yes, yes we should. I’ll shoot him a text to let him know we’re going up to his office, let’s just rest for a bit here before we go.” the idol replied, immediately opening her Kakaotalk app on her phone.

 

“Mm...” 

 

A sudden thought came through Sinb𑁋Yerin is full of surprises. She wasn’t sure if it’s because they’re literally strangers so everything’s shiny and new, or was it because she hadn’t even imagined that Yerin would be this type of person as they got closer.

 

It’s certainly still a mystery, wondering how the blonde was raised for her to be so calm and collected all the time. She guessed that her parents were probably decent people if Yerin was this kind and warm hearted, always wanting to help and giving her all when she needed to. She noticed that Yerin had a habit of replying with strings of Mm’s, which at first she found odd but now that she’s gotten used to it, she couldn’t begin to imagine a Yerin who doesn’t say Mm.

 

One thing is for sure, though, and that is the fact that Sinb has never felt this content in her life. The idol has gone through various life partners, fell in love once and got her heart broken. You know, typical life stuff even for someone like her𑁋But Yerin is more than just love, she thinks. 

 

She’s everything that comes with love. The shy smiles and giggles when they catch each other staring, the genuine worry if one of them don’t seem like themselves, the small gestures like mixing the latter’s ramen before she even touches it herself, Sinb was doing everything that she doesn’t even think she is capable of doing and that is just purely trusting her whole heart to Yerin. 

 

It’s definitely scary. Because all of this started as a small crush where she’d just enjoyed seeing Yerin even if half of her face was covered half of time. Now it’s growing into something bigger. Would she admit that it’s love right now? That wouldn’t be realistic because they’ve only gotten to know each other for only a short while. So she settled with the word smitten, because that’s what it is right now. She’s so smitten for Jung Yerin. 

 

A content sigh left her lips as she finished stretching and as expected, Yerin looked her way with slightly worried eyes. “You ready?”

 

“Mhm!” 

 

--

 

It’s official. 

 

Yerin is officially Sinb’s personal photo and video person. 

 

It was a really quick decision after Yerin had cleared all of her questions with Minseok. He confirmed that she can do whatever she wants outside of work and that includes keeping her fansite open. Even though that comes with some risks, he said that it’ll be taken care of with some help from Sinb’s media team. 

 

Yerin was in charge of candid photos and videos of the idol. When asked about why Minseok chose Yerin specifically for this job, he said that the management team wanted someone who could see things from a fan’s perspective and that’s when Sinb chimed in and mentioned Yerin into the conversation. They’ve actually been planning to contact Yerin when it was the right time, but it seemed like Sinb had other plans and things went this way instead. Not that it was a bad thing. 

 

Sinb also couldn’t find herself to stay silent and chimed in with a couple of questions herself, since they were a thing (whatever that may be) now and to that, Minseok calmly told her that as long as they keep their PDA to minimum there wouldn’t be much of a problem. Yerin is going to spend a lot of time with Sinb, he added, so it’s most likely that fans are going to recognise her pretty quickly anyway and in time they could just say that they’re best friends.

 

The blonde finally felt like a weight had been lifted off of her shoulders because for the longest time it’s been at the back of her mind. It’s also now dawned to her that she actually got a solid job. You can say she got lucky, but perhaps… she likes to think that it’s actually fate that got her here because the only reason she got this job was because of Sinb, so if she hadn’t become a fansite to the idol, none of this would have happened. 

 

After the meeting with Minseok, he offered to give them a ride to each of their homes but Sinb just told him to drop them off at her apartment complex. To which… Yerin had no idea about... So when Minseok parked near Sinb’s apartment and dragged Yerin out of his car, her confused self  could only let it happen without much time to process and question. The idol only chuckled and kept her fingers intertwined.

 

“It’s getting late, Yerin-ssi. You should sleepover!” Sinb told with a big cheeky smile on her face as she entered her apartment with Yerin right behind her, slipping out of her sneakers.  

 

Yerin, whose social battery was now running low, had a minor pout on her face as she tried to gather her thoughts to reply to the idol. Sinb noticed this and felt bad all of a sudden, afraid that she'd overstepped her boundaries and made Yerin upset. 

 

“Or I can call Minseok-oppa back and have him send you home..?” 

 

Shaking her head weakly, the blonde replied, “Sorry, Eunbi-ssi. I’m just a bit tired and dazed right now that my mind can’t seem to process things properly. You don’t mind if I slept over?” 

 

Sinb figured that this might happen because Yerin was an introvert afterall. And with all the socialising and dancing around she did today it’s no wonder that she’s more quiet than she usually is. Not to mention how tense Yerin was during the whole meeting with Minseok-oppa, that alone probably drained everything in her all at once. 

 

“No not at all, I’ll even sleep on the couch tonight if you want some alone time!” 

 

Yerin managed to huff out a chuckle, “I think I’d prefer to wake up next to you tomorrow... Or should I say, below you𑁋wait! That didn’t sound the way it did in my head…” 

 

Sinb could only giggle at the tired blonde in front of her, “Don’t worry, I heard you loud and clear, though… It’s too early for that, Yerin-ssi. We hadn’t even reached second base.” 

 

A rush of blood reached Yerin’s cheeks, flushing them with a dark shade of pink that Sinb seemed to love seeing because it just made the blonde look so adorable. Noticing how flustered she was getting, Sinb shot her a teasing wink before heading inside of her room to get a spare towel. 

 

“You can shower first, feel free to use anything you want. There’s also a brand new toothbrush on the sink counter. Is there anything specific you want to wear to bed?”

 

“Any big t-shirt and shorts would be fine… Thank you.”

 

Sinb nodded, “The bathroom is on your left. And Yerin-ssi, take your time. You had a long day, you deserve a long shower. But not too long, you’ll make me miss you too much.” 

 

A smile crept up Yerin’s lips that didn’t go unnoticed by the idol, “Mm…”

 

--

 

The night went by slowly, after the both of them had showered, they had dinner which was just some ramen that Sinb had laying around because none of them were that hungry to begin with. 

 

Now they’re just cuddled up in Sinb’s bed. Yerin’s tired eyes wandered around the familiar blue walls, reminding her of the facetime call that they had not too long ago where Sinb asked her to go on a dinner date. Things had escalated but not by a far margin that Yerin minds. It felt right, everything about this, about Sinb. Just being with her made Yerin feel so at ease, even as tired and as low as her social battery has become. 

 

It’s 9:45 PM. If it were up to Yerin, she would’ve already let herself go into slumber. But there was just something inside of her that wanted to stay awake just for Sinb. She wanted to stay awake because she wanted to let her heart thump as much as it wanted against Sinb’s back. She wanted to stay awake just to be able to inhale the unique scent only Sinb had. 

 

Though the thing about those things was that it only made Yerin so calm her eyes started to shut close on it’s own. Sinb felt Yerin’s breathing become slower and heavier as seconds pass by, the not so tight arms around her waist loosening every so weakly. A shy smile crept up her lips as she thought about how exhausted Yerin must be as someone who doesn’t really go out much on her own. 

 

The idol tried to subtly put her phone away and switch off her desk lamp while she’s at it. The room becomes dark but soon enough her eyes adjusted, turning around to face the blonde who was deep in slumber. Sinb studied Yerin’s face𑁋from her hairline, down to her eyes, nose, her dumpling like cheeks and lastly her gaze landed on those pretty pink lips that were slightly parted. She was craving for more kisses, really, even though it’s only been a day or so since their last one. But she thought it’d definitely feel a lot better if the both of them were awake to experience it. 

 

So she cuddled up into Yerin instead, nuzzling her face into the crook of the blonde’s neck and inhaling the scent that calmed her more than anything else could. Soon enough, she fell into slumber herself.


A/N: hi everyone! im actually not satisfied with this chapter but i also felt bad if i deprive u guys from any more sinrin so im sorry if u feel the same way as i do in that regard but hopefully all of u will enjoy this chapter! :)

i also want to mention that i'll be starting school in about.. a day? in my country, our quarantine orders have been slightly lighter so we're able to attend classes that way now. im not sure how that's going to affect this story because i am terrible at managing my time but rest assured this story will continue one way or another! i will definitely write when i can.

i hope everyone is staying safe! take care and lets prepare ourselves for gfriend's comeback this july!!! im so excited!

as always, comments are appreciated even if it's something bad about the story. i will take it as advice to improve the quality of the fic so dont be shy! thank you for reading, i love you all <3