Chapter 1

Rich Kid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They say that the orphanage welcomes a lot of kids, those who were abandoned by irresponsible adults. Everyone would think that it living in a place full of strangers. Minjoo, on the other hand, was more glad to know that she got a shelter to live in and possibly could live by the rest of her life, but what she didn't know is that the kids in the orphanage were a bunch of spawns of satan. 

To whoever thought that the orphanage was great, she'd like to show them that it really isn't. Day by day, minjoo's life became a living hell. Not only did she thought that the kids from the orphanage were bad, but kids from her school were also worst. She was most likely a human garbage to everyone. Dumping spoiled milk, food, or flour. They would've made a cake through those items. What a waste.

The lass had to it up, why you may say. She has nowhere to go. The only place that accepts her is the orphanage and they were also the ones who enrolled the latter from that school. She was thankful for the effort on making her life a tad decent but honestly, whenever she'd had things going well on her way, terrible things follow. It's like satan knows that she's doing well but then slaps her with a 'not on my watch'.

She was done complaining. No one would try to listen to her anyway. Soon she got used to it, as she grew older it didn't bother her that much. She promised herself as soon as she gets a decent part-time, where she doesn't get fired immediately for being late for a few minutes. She would get the hell out of that place and live on her own, and be successful.

Although she couldn't stop praying. She prayed for whoever was above listening through her wailings. Prayed for at least something good can come throughout her life.

 

 

And just like that. It seemed like the gods from above heard her wish, and granted that wish for the poor lass. 

 

//

 

"Another day in hell." Minjoo muttered as she packed her bags. She's already late from her first class, what worst could happen. 

The kids from the orphanage were gathered up. The place was a mess, some kids don't even bother cleaning their own stuff. As a curious frog, she wondered what the kids were noisy about.

"Someone's gonna get adopted!" is what she heard from all of the ruckuses that are happening.

She thought that finally, someones gonna take a spawn of satan's child away from this place all that's left is a few more people to adopt another few of the kids to make the place a peaceful one. To make it feel like a home. A real home.

Soon after, the staff that was handling the orphanage came out. They seemed like they were looking for someone. One staff made an eye contact with minjoo which brought a curved up smile from the person. She, of course, returned that smile. The staff didn't remove her gaze on the lass, instead, she gestured her to come forward. Minjoo tried looking if someone was behind her, she wasn't sure if that gesture was for her but when she did look behind her seeing that no one was behind she pointed to herself, a hint of confusion was plastered on her face and the staff nod her head.

The lass obeyed and went forward. The atmosphere changed, the noisy kids went silent. She was just as confused as everyone else is in the room. 

"Minjoo-yah, please come with me." The staff said before entering the room.

As soon as she did, she saw two figures with their backs facing minjoo. They were sitting at the chairs handling some sort of papers.

Still looking confused as she was earlier. Another staff was helping the two people with the papers. The person who was helping the other two noticed minjoo.

"Minjoo-yah, come here. They are here for you." Hearing that, the two people looked behind them and saw the lass. They flashed her a genuine smile before facing the papers again. "Oh and don't forget to sign here please." 

The younger girl was startled when a sudden man in a black suit scoot beside her. "To fill in what you're wondering, that man right there" He pointed "Is Mr. Kim, he's a well-respected businessman. And that woman right there" Again he pointed. "Is Mrs. Kim, she's also a well-respected Doctor. And we are here for you." He pressed. The latter had shaped in O's. They certainly looked like they were professionals.

Minjoo looked at him 'He also looks professional doing his job.'

"Thank you" Surprisingly, the man read her mind. Which amused her.

The two people seemed like they were done signing the papers, so they went and faced Minjoo again. "Hi," They both said. It was awkward, nonetheless, it was a good process of communicating. Minjoo replied with a simple nod. To help the three awkward people, the staff that had help them with the papers earlier in their conversation. "Minjoo, they are here to adopt you." 

It would have been strange if minjoo would say 'Me? Why me?' But seriously, who doesn't wanna leave this awful place. Well— it's not the place she hates, it's most obviously the people in it. The staffs were alright, the kids weren't. So she went ahead and still replied with a simple nod. The staff noticed how quiet it was and had to think of another thing to say. "Ah— since the papers are all done. Minjoo can go with you now."

Mr. and Mrs. Kim nod each of their heads and walked towards the young girl. "Shall we go now, minjoo-ssi?" 

The latter really didn't have anything to say. It's not like she would say that she doesn't wanna leave. Heck, she hasn't even packed up her clothes yet nor she had many to bring with. The staff noticed that Minjoo was hesitating, "Don't worry, your clothes were already packed before." Minjoo now knows where her clothes have gone off to and the reason why she was running late to school because she had to look for her uniform that she swore she put it at the usual spot but found it nowhere in the "usual spot".

She almost forgot about school.

"What about the school?" <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter