Chapter 7

Rich Kid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I don't want to go there." Minjoo's deadpans. She was either confuse or mad that she's meeting her real parents after so many years just passed.

 

"I don't wanna go there." She mentions again, with her voice being stern. "Turn the car over Mr. Yoo,"

 

Her driver looked over through the rearview mirror. Mr. Yoo sighed before he continues. "I'm afraid that I have to follow Ms. Kim's order." removing his gaze on the latter, he saw Minjoo was sad about it.

 

The lass's eyes showed a glint of sadness, she clearly doesn't wanna see her biological parents again. Not after how many years have gone by and when she's finally having a somewhat good life they can't just abruptly pop up and try to rekindle their relationship with her once again.

 

She felt rather uneasy about the situation, and it didn't help her at all to feel anxious about meeting her real parents.

 

//

 

Minjoo's eyes scanned the place, no doubt with her adoptive parents being rich they obviously picked a traditional restaurant. And obviously the fine she was welcomed with bright smiles on their faces. She smiled back, her gaze left them as she looked at the 'stranger' in front of them.

 

The lady smiled ever so slightly. "Minjoo-yah, you've grown up quite well."

 

Without wanting to seem rude and awkward she returned a meek smile, sitting down across them. Minjoo went near Ms. Kim, smiling more than she was before. She felt more relaxed with being them.

 

Her mom saw this and felt a frown started forming on her lips. "Minjoo, how are you?"

 

Minjoo was caught off guard with her real mother asking her a genuine question. She quirked an eyebrow, hesitantly she continues. "Everything is going well, so far.." not sure with her answer, she shrugs it off and focused on the food arriving.

 

Her mother hummed in response. "You see, your brother,"

 

Minjoo stares at her mother thinking that 'oh there's the mother that I know.' 

 

"Your brother is in some kind of trouble... got caught up on some bad kids. He's currently at prison a-and I thought that since

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter