Chapter 3: MEET THE CABINS

The Twelve Half-bloods and the Cursed Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

"Attention, Campers!" all eyes focused at the centaur who shouted, his lower body of a horse is colored black. His long, curly horse tails swayed everytime he walks back and forth, watching the students share thoughts with one another.

            "My name is Damien, the sole head of this campus. And this guy right here, my friend, yes, a very loyal friend–" he went beside a satyr, whose lower body is of a goat and has tails too, to pat his shoulder. There's really not much of a difference between the two, except the satyr walks on two feet while the centaur on four, uh– and maybe the fact that the satyr has horns. "His name is Dunixi, the chief of instructors."

 The senior students initiated a round of applause, and all the new comers soon after followed them. Damien raised his hands and motioned them to stop, which they all obeyed. Silence once again ruled the atmosphere.

            "For the first years, things may be a little confusing for all of you as you have been introduced to a too good to be true fantasy, but this–" he stopped midway and cleared his throat. "This is your reality. Our reality."

 Yujin looked around surroundings, all the half-bloods' attention were paid to the centaur. They were all lined up after they went down the valley through a stairs led by another satyr. They were classfied by year, so she and Hitomi were separated from Sakura and Chaewon. Sakura was a 4th year student while Chaewon is in her 3rd year.

            "Camp Half-blood was built since as far as I can remember. Eons ago, maybe. The camp's aim is to train and prepare young half-bloods, like all of you are," said Damien. "To a world outside full of monsters." 

 Dunixi the satyr stepped forward, taking charge of the continuation of Damien's speech.

            "I am the head of instructors, those who will teach you intelligence and bravery. Teachers– as what they are often classified as," said he. He rubbed his chin with his hairy hands, observing each and everyone of the camp.

            "First years are taught of the basics of the Greek. Language, History, and much more. All of you are prohibited to go on quests until you reach your fourth year, well, unless it is necessary," he spoke, referring to quests. Complains and murmurs are then heard after what the old satyr had said. Something like–

 That's boring!

 I hate studying, can't we just go on adventures?

 Boooooo!

 Ugh, whatever!

            "Silence!" he shouted. "Mere half-bloods!"

            "You all dare beseech quest, when in fact you still have a long way to go and things to learn a lot," he continued. 2nd to 4th year students snickered, Damien can be found smiling while shaking his head. 

            "You!"

 All eyes gathered on the direction the satyr's index finger landed, he pointed at a young boy, who has a curly hair and a white skin. He looked like he's in his 14 years old, his freckles are seen on his cheeks. If he'd open his mouth, you'll see his teeth shining white. "Yes, sir?" he asked.

            "What is your name? and your godly parent?" 

            "Patrick, sir. Son of Athena," he replied. The satyr nodded at his answer. "Very well."

            "He's scary, isn't he?" Yujin whispered to Hitomi who was in front of her. She only saw Hii shrugged her shoulders and remained silent, and so she did too. She also didn't want to be on the satyr's bad side. She didn't really like the idea of it.

            "Those of who are already claimed, you belong to whichever cabin you belong. Find them, you can do it yourself. If you are a child of Pallas Athena, approach your brothers and sisters. They will be the one to handle you," he added. "And of those who still doesn't have the mark, you are welcome to Hestia cabin until you are claimed."

            "The start of the school summer will be next week, so you still have time to explore this camp and familiarize it. If you have any questions, I suppose you still have a lot, feel free to approach your seniors. Not me, nor Damien, we'll be busy with something this week. Golf, alas! I have to learn that sport," he added. Students were disassembled after Dunixi told them to Go off, I am done with explanations! and marched to somewhere only Helios the all-knowing knows. Chaewon found Yujin and Hitomi, standing still on their place and invited them for a walk.

            "Where's Sakura?" Yujin questioned as Chaewon approached them. 

            "Their fourth years and leader have not yet arrived. Not even a single one. The remaining students will probably arrive by dawn, with Trevor's magical train before we start the assembly. Sakura had to stand as a leader and guide those new demigods of Athena, I think she toured those kids," she explained, the other girls nodded.

            "And what about you?" Chaewon stopped and looked at Yujin. "Don't you have siblings to tour?"

 Chaewon smiled at Yujin's question, "I am the only child of Poseidon here, Yujin. I don't have siblings."

            "Is he terror?" Hitomi asked out of nowhere. "Mr. Dunixi."

            "Very terror. He's like the school principal in this camp. Very much like Mr. Choi, he hated lates and troubles so much. He teaches Mystical Potion in third year," Chaewon paused as her eyes widened. "Oh, god. I am already in my third year! That means he'll be my professor in potions. That's so horrible!" 

 Yujin managed a chuckle, "How strict is he, though? You're not the type of student to dislike a teacher, not even on Mr. Choi."

            "He's a nightmare, honestly! Last year, Choi Yena, from the Hermes cabin pulled a prank on him by placing a fart bomb on his chair. It's not just an ordinary fart bomb, she upgraded it. Once he sat on it, it blew up and sent the campus a disgusting smell! Mr. Dunixi smelled ugly for a week, he couldn't wipe off the smell on his skin. He would've ended up scraping his skin off if he continued scrubbing. He was so enraged he made that girl sweep the whole campus using a toothbrush, she finished after a week, that's with the help of her subordinates," told Chaewon. "Well, Yena was lucky he didn't kick her out of the campus and fed her to monsters." 

            "Isn't she scared?" Hitomi asked.

            "Who?" Chaewon replied. "Ah, Choi Yena?"

 Hitomi answered with a nod.

            "She's from Hermes cabin, Hii. They're not scared of anything when it is pranks and s we're talking about, just be careful around them. They're nasty tricksters," she warned. 

 Yujin scanned the place they were walking at, groups of demigods, centaurs, and satyrs have scattered around. Her eyes can't see as clear as a crystal, but she saw dryads, tree nymphs, wandering around the forest. Far from her left can be seen a group of cyclops forging metals and weapons with the Hephaestus kids, well, Hephaestus is known for metalworking. He even made a chair trap for his mother, Hera, as a revenge for casting him off the Olympus for being crippled and ugly.

            "Where are we going, Chae?" Yujin's own bubble bursted as she heard Hitomi speak, she placed her attention to the two.

            "To the Iris cabin, you need to call your mom, don't you?" she answered.

"Yeah, but hey, I can just call her with my phone now. Wait a minute," Hitomi paused as she rummaged through her pocket, she took out her phone and cursed in japanese as she noticed there was no signal. Chaewon could only laugh.

            "There's no phone signal here, Hii. That's why we'll need the Iris cabin's help," she said.

            "But how?"

            "You'll see," Chaewon smirked, and they continued walking. It wasn't past five minutes when they reached the Iris cabin. It looked like a luxurious cabin, for its color were of ombre rainbows. It was big, and it looked spacious. The front door has a big signage that says Children of Rainbow goddess, respectful Iris. Get lost if you're not one. Yujin wanted to sneak in and see its interior design, but she preferred not to mess with anyone on her first day.

 Chaewon called a name that Yujin didn't clearly heard. What was that? Parsley? She was busy examining their cabin so she didn't really understand, but the door immediately opened after Chaewon called her three times. She has a long, rainbow hair and a clear blue eyes you can get drowned of her stares. She was the same height of Chaewon, and she looked friendly. 

            "Chae! It's been a while," she greeted.

            "Is it just me or puberty strucked you hard?" she replied which caused the other girl to chuckle.

            "I'm on my puberty stage," she answered. Chaewon looked at Hitomi and Yujin's direction and introduced the girl.

            "Girls, her name is Harley. Harley, this is Yujin and Hitomi. The tall one is a child of Zeus, while the blonde one is still unclaimed," she explained.

 

Oh, Harley. Not Parsley. Yujin thought.

 

Parsley– Harley extended her hand first to Yujin to which she accepted, "Oh-oh! A child of big three, the squad's complete, eh?" 

 Chaewon shook her head while smiling. 

 Harley's hand then turned to Hitomi and shook it. She grasped Hii's hand tight, feeling the touch of her palm, "I can feel her strength. A child of an Olympian, I suppose?"

 Chaewon shrugged her shoulders.

            "We need a help, Harley," she called. Parsley looked at Chaewon intently and flashed a smile. "Of course, anytime. What is it?"

            "A small favor, perhaps? This friend of mine needs to contact her mother," she replied. Harley came out of her cabin and led the girls' way to a small pond near them, she motioned to the sun and its light pointed on the water, forming a small reflection. She had made a rainbow.

 She can do that?! Hitomi's eyes widened.

 I guess I'm still not used to magics. Yujin's small voice said.

            "There you go, the rest is up to you, Chae. I still have something to do," Harley left after receiving a thank you from the three girls. 

            "Come here, Hii. Once you see smoke coming out of this cute little thin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter