Final

Alone

“Fly me to the moon and let me play..” A serenade clouded the entire bar with an angelic voice, none by the singer who was on stage at the moment, Handong. 

 

As a rookie singer who wants exposure so that more people would turn heads on her whenever she sang, she took every opportunity when local bars offer space for interested singers to fill in their time-slots. 

 

Perhaps the lullaby caught everyone’s attention, unusual from the norm metal and rock music playing from the background, more eyes seemed to have dawned on her as she finished singing the first chorus of the song. With the crowd getting softer, her voice seemed to be the highlight of that night. 

 

Somewhere amongst the crowd, a bouncer who’s on a break from her duty came back for a short while when she was mesmerized by the beauty of the singer. 

 

Soft cheeks that feel like marshmallows, heavy eyeliners, bright outfit colors in comfortable wear.. All that made the singer shine even more on stage. Alone. 

 

One gaze turned into a stare. And the bouncer feels as if she’s the target of the singer as well when she winked at her direction. 

 

Clap… Clap… 

 

Before JiU knew it, the song was over and so was the singer’s stage time. Frantic that she won’t be able to meet with the charismatic singer once more, she went back to the staff room. 

 

To her surprise, a familiar person stood in her view when she opened the door. Except..now she’s in a more covered outfit. 

 

This time, it was the singer’s turn to introduce herself to the staff, as if she had waited for this moment as well. 

 

“Hi, I’m Handong, the singer you saw on stage just now. Thanks for listening to me sing.” A pair of moonlit eyes smiled at the now dumbfounded bouncer as she tried to make words work.

 

“Uh..Uhm.. I’m .. Jeee..youp.” The girl stuttered as she slowly walked towards the singer in an edgy manner, not wanting to look suspicious to the other party at all. 

 

Handong didn’t seem to mind as she stayed at the same spot all the while..and slowly chuckled when they were both half-a-limb’s apart from each other. 

 

“I’m too pretty for you?” The younger woman teased the bouncer for a little while more before they got stood up by one of JiU’s colleagues who came looking for her after she was missing since the toilet break. 

 

“JiU ah, stop flirting with the lady and come back for work.” The girl blatantly just had to call the bouncer out like that. 

 

“Before you go, do you wish to exchange contact with each other?” JiU was not willing to slip this chance away when they got so close now. 

 

“Give it to me when you’re ready.” Handong placed her hand out and JiU almost thought she was getting --- . 

 

“I.. I need to mentally prepare for this..” The poor flustered bouncer hurriedly reached out for her phone in her pocket and shakily passed the device to the singer. 

 

After a few minutes of silence, Handong kissed the cheeks of the bouncer and bid her goodbye. 

 

“Till we meet again, Min-Ji.”