ibyh | 2

i'll be your home | l. mark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Soooooooojungggggggggieeeeeee!” Sohyun’s voice was all she could hear in the apartment. Her sister’s obnoxious yell echoed throughout their home. Soojung wouldn’t have been surprised if their neighbors or even the entire building heard her. The younger girl rolled her eyes in annoyance as she was trying to work on her homework. Soojung tried to tune out her noisy sister by continuing to study and not reply.


“Yah! Listen to me!” Soojung sighed and placed her pencil in her notebook before glaring up at her sister. “What now?”


“NCT is having fanmeeting in a three days!”


“Okay....and?”


“I asked mom and she said we could go! She said you can even skip school for it, aren’t I amazing? I just did you a favor.”


“Sorry, no can do. I have to go to school. I have my weekly math exam.”


She watched her sister frown and pout at her. Seriously, who is the older sister here? “Oh come on! Just ask the teacher if you can take it early! You love NCT, Soo! You can’t pass up this opportunity!”


The younger sister picked her pencil back up and resumed her studying. “Unless NCT is going to give me an A, it’s not happening.” she heard her older sister sigh heavily in defeat before she walked away.


Sohyun has been trying to take up the role of the older sister and has been trying to look after Soojung. It was hard since the girl refused to take a break from her school work. She believes Soojung acts this way because of how successful their parents are. No one in the family necessarily gave her this pressure, but she gave it to herself. Their parents were away in Japan for a while because of their business, leaving Sohyun to look after herself and sister. It was honestly more difficult than she thought. Maybe it was because she didn’t like seeing her younger sister work on school assignments 24/7. Sohyun hated school, but will do enough to not disappoint her parents with her grades. On the other hand, Soojung is too paranoid about her education. She’s too paranoid that if she doesn’t do well once, she’ll shrivel up and die as a loner in the future. She thought that if she told Soojung that NCT was having an event that they could go to, Soojung would agree to take a break. Well, that was a huge fail. In addition, Sohyun should have realized Soojung wasn’t going to ever make that agreement. Hell, Soojung was pissed Haechan and Mark for talking too loud in a coffee shop one week ago! Despite being a huge fan of NCT, Soojung still wouldn’t give up her attendance and academic streak nor would she tolerate any sort of disturbance in her peace and quiet. Sohyun sighed once again, this was going to be impossible.


As the event was approaching closer, Sohyun wouldn’t fail to ask her sister again each day. Unfortunately, it was always the same response. Even on the morning of the event, Sohyun asked her one more time before Soojung left for school. Again, the answer was a no. Soojung once again stayed up until 4 AM, giving her only two hours of sleep. She needed coffee. It was her routine to grab coffee the morning of her exams due to lack of sleep. She sleepily walked into the cafe while gripping onto the backpack straps on each side. She felt miserable. She just wanted to sleep. As she stood in line, she could hear a familiar voice. Actually, make that two familiar voices. She felt her blood begin to boil as the distinct voice was blabbing his mouth so early in the morning.


“Yooooo, it’s her again! And she looks even more dead today!” She turned around to glare at Haechan again. Haechan was with Mark again, but this time, they had the rest of the members of NCT 127 too. No wonder it was too loud for her. The members were a little frightened by her aura when she glared at Haechan, but it didn’t seem to bother their youngest member. Finally, Soojung was at the front to order.


The cashier frowned at her in disappointment. “What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter