Fly Me To The Moon

Once In a Blue Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever heard the story of Eurydice and Orpheus? The story wherein Eurydice was first killed by a giant serpent and Orpheus arrives to see his lovely wife dead and in the state of rigor-mortis. He then asked Hades for a favor to get back his wife, to which the latter agreed to but in one condition. The condition that he must not look back at his wife until they have escaped the deep depths of the underworld. To which Orpheus guessed was rather easy until he was already given the chance to escape with his wife in hand, but his temptation to see whether he has his wife in his hold was too strong. Eurydice was oddly quiet and he couldn't resist it. He doubted that Eurydice was there with him. He doubted. He turned around and saw Eurydice being into the deepest depths of the underworld.

 

Perhaps his temptation was to blame, but perhaps Eurydice had a part in why he turned around. Perhaps, she told him to turn around knowing that they would still love each other even though they are apart. Perhaps, Orpheus chose the poet's choice that was to let the memories of their love to remain and to let the feeling of losing a loved one to subside. One would have different interpretations of this story, but what matters is that the story fully relays the idea of perfect love. A love, so strong yet so fragile. A love that goes through all boundaries. A love that shows that sacrifice is needed in a relationship to be as strong as ever. A love that needed to be mended with mistakes and sacrifices. The love between two lovers would always remain even though there would be some instances in their relationship that needed to test their love for each other.

 

When can we say that we love a person so much? Do we need sacrifices? Do we need to show it to them physically? Or can we just give them the feeling of being safe with us? Should we just choose to be happy with the memory of them or should we fight for them?

 

And there she was sitting on a park bench. There was little to no light around us for it was around midnight but the moonlight shining upon her porcelain skin. Moonlight has been considered as something scarce these days, so how the hell is the moonlight suddenly hitting her face like that? All of the light touching every single detail to her face. She had proportions of a goddess, Aphrodite perhaps. But who was I kidding, she's well too out of my league. Then, she noticed that I was there. She quickly stood up and ran up to me with a warm embrace, an embrace that would just let you want to just melt then and there. An embrace that carries all of the emotions that one would often fantasize about. Everything was silent. Silence wrapped around us but we both knew that there was a silent understanding. We both understood that we were both contented with just embracing each other, no words being said. But when I took a glance at her face, it was a blur. I couldn't see her face, at all.

 

And everything went black, leaving me in a confused state. 

 

 

It was a beautiful night, the night where I knew I have found the one. The one that would make me happy, the one who would be a constant in my happiness and contentment in life.

 

And that is my lovely glass of Hennessy. I have been depriving myself of liquor all this time because I had too many projects due on the same day. A girl needs her rest time and you can bet that this is how I'm going to spend it. Studying has been a pain in the , the constant headaches I get during lectures is just a sore. The number of times I wanted to just bust out of the lecture room is just too many to count. They're lucky I want to keep my scholarship or else I'd be bolting out of there.

 

Tonight, I'd be staying here in the bar, namely Yejeong*, to just sit back and relax my nerves. It's been a while since I've gone to this side of town, in my side of town everything was quiet and inactive but here in Itaewon? It's like my side of town and this side town are the two extremes in the spectrum. Even though this is a bar, everyone seemed to be cramped up dancing in the middle of the bar. Everyone kept dancing to the music that was blasting like they didn't care that it was just Tuesday. It was the start of the week but it seems like everyone is partying and drinking like it's Friday. I can't blame them, I'm here to do the same thing.

 

The dream that I had last night was still running fresh in my head, what on earth caused this phenomenon to happen to me. Sure I've had a few flings in life, Sunmi, and YooA but why did it feel so different. Different in a way that it felt like we were both contented with just seeing each other. Having the embrace in which, no words were said. Even though no words were surrounding that embrace, we both knew that the embrace was us saying that we both loved each other with all of our hearts.

 

 

Since I didn't have anything better to do, I went on my Instagram app and saw that my best friend Wendy posted on her story. She was congratulating someone named 'Irene' for finally getting recruited by a luxury brand called Damiani. She mentioned her in her story saying '@renebaebae, congratulations on getting recruited to be a model in Damiani. I knew you had it in you. I believed in you the same way you believed in me. Treat me some time, just kidding. Nonetheless congratulations and hope these other brands notice you too.' After seeing that Seungwan mentioned her on her story, I decided to take a look at this 'Irene' and what she looks like. I clicked on her username and browsed through her feed. She had a lot of followers but with just a few posts. And must I admit, this was the first post that I saw and I am astonished by her beauty.

She is the literal meaning of perfection. She was too gorgeous. Like how in the world can somebody look like that? I am so perplexed. I didn't know that someone like that ever existed. She looks like an exact copy of Aphrodite. Somewhat like Galatea. She just looks so perfect. She's not even trying to pose in that photo, but why does she look so utterly beautiful. God really has favorites. I admit that we both have just a few posts posted on our feeds but damn, her posts are just beyond my league. All of her posts were photoshoots of her modeling for a certain brand. She came from being a model of a small company to a model of Damiani, a luxury jewelry brand. I don't know what's wrong with me, but there is something that is urging me to just keep on going through her pictures. I know it's somewhat stalker-esque, but there was just something that made me want to look at her more. It's probably because of her beauty, but I can't say something for sure. 

 

After minutes of going through her Instagram feed, I decided to get off Instagram and text my best friend, Wendy.

 

Seulgi

'What time does your shift start tomorrow?'  20:43  seen

 

Wendy

'My shift starts early in the morning since the cafe opens at 07:00 AM, I'd probably be there by 06:45?'  20:44

 

Seulgi

'Okay, see you tomorrow. ^_^'  20:45  seen

 

Wendy

'See you tomorrow!' 20:45

 

Right after texting Wendy, I finished my glass of Hennessy and asked for my bill and left for home. On the way back home, Fly Me To The Moon by Frank Sinatra played from my playlist. And oh how I wonder what the feeling of seeing the moon for the first time would be. Oh, how would it feel to be under the moon with someone to remember this once in a lifetime event.

 

Fly me to the moon


Let me play among the stars

 

Let me see what spring is like

 

On a Jupiter and Mars

 

In other words, hold my hand

 

In other words, baby, kiss me

 

Fill my heart with song

 

And let me sing forevermore

 

You are all I long for

 

All I worship and adore

 

In other words, please be true

 

In other words, I love you

 

Fill my heart with song

 

Let me sing forevermore

 

You are all I long for

 

All I worship and adore

 

In other words, please be true

 

In other words, in other words

 

I love you.

 

Oh, the feeling of being loved and being under something that is classified as nearly impossible. When would I be able to experience the same feeling as this fantasy? Does love even exist? Or am I just delusional? Guess we'll never know. The ride back home was rather quiet whilst my playlist was going on in the background but the question 'what does love feel like' lingered in my head. Just the though

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter