006

Tempted By Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
​​​​​​Kindly drop a comment at the end of this chapter. Enjoy reading.

 

____________

"Mom, what's going on?" Baekhyun asks his mother curiously. She was so sad a while ago, but just now after seeing the mansion in front of us, she's suddenly acting strange.

 

"Mom." He calls again, but it's still silent. He stares at Jongin, communicating with his eyes, and the man just shrugs. He also couldn't believe what was going on, but he sure hoped everything ended well.

 

He knows that everything is happening so fast, and he hopes that it will be over soon. Throughout last night Jongin couldn't sleep because Baekhyun was so worried. He knows that Baekhyun was at fault for not knocking first, but he also wants things to go back the way it was.

 

Deciding to break the weirdness going on, Jongin clears his throat. "I just have to make a quick phone call, you can carry on uncle." He says and Mr. Byun nods his head. 

 

He looks at his wife who seems lost. "Let's go in and see for ourselves. Maybe things will be a lot more clear." He says and his wife nods her head.

 

He looks at the gateman who equally was so clueless and just stares back at them until Jongin suggests they get back into the car and he drives into the compound.

 

The moment the gateman closes the gate, Jinho steps out of his mansion along with his son. Their countenance wasn't that good at all. Jinho seems pretty sad and so is Jiyong. They just left Jia's room a while ago, and the girl really seems to be in a bad shape and there was nothing either of them could do to make her feel alright.

 

The frustration on Jinho's face vanished the moment he set his eyes on his best friend Byun and his wife. He actually couldn't believe his eyes. He thought he would never see his best friend and his again after their departure years ago.

 

Their friendship was so beautiful that many thought they were brothers, however, his wife Shin decided to become the cause for their problem. She couldn't stomach the fact that Jia was betrothed to the only son of the Byun family.

 

Of course, the Byun's were ten times wealthier than Jinho and Jia's parents, but that never became a problem in their long-lasting strong relationship. Byun and his wife were actually very free and selfless. They always put themselves at the end line while they wish for the betterment of their brothers, Jinho and Jinwoo, Jia's father.

 

Shin felt bitter about Jia and Baekhyun's union and that she began to cut herself off from the relationship. Two years went by and Shin gave birth to Mina while Mrs. Byun, Sojin also gave birth to Sunhee and her greed got more and more serious, but she still it in.

 

During the girls naming ceremony, she told her husband Jinho to request for her son and Sunhee to be betrothed, by Jinho frowned upon hee words. The fact that Mr. Byun has done so much for them was more than enough. He can't be so selfish and demand such.

He refused to give in to his wife's demand, and that was how she displayed her true colors.

 

She gave Jinwoo and his wife a handful, ignoring the words of her husband Jinho. She even went ahead to refuse them from coming to visit and she also did the same to Mr. Byun and his wife.

She went to the kid's school on a particular Friday to pick up her children. Jia also ran to welcome her, but she pushed the child away and called her a witch and bad luck.

 

Things went on like that for some years, and Jinwoo decided to relocate to China, his wife's country. They couldn't stand the insults and pain Shin was inflicting on their daughter, so they decided that relocation was the best solution till Jia becomes of age to have knowledge about her marriage with Baekhyun.

 

Jinho smiled. He couldn't believe they're actually at his house after so many years. He rushed down to them and embraced his best friend and his wife who were also in shock as well.

 

Baekhyun stares in shock at the sight in front of him. Many questions were actually running through his troubled mind, but he just it in.

 

"I can't believe that I'm really standing in the presence of my one and only best friend after so many years," Byun says happily.

 

"I can't believe that either. Please come in." Jinho leads the way and Baekhyun follows without saying a word.

At least his parents are happy, mostly his mother. What more can ask for, so he thought until he received a call from Sonia. 

 

He sighs and stares blankly at his phone, contemplating if he should pick it up or not. He loves Sonia so much and he wants to be with her, but at this moment he doesn't even know what to do. The truth is that he totally had no idea about their reason for visiting, it was all his mother's idea and he gave into it.

 

"Please sit, I will get you some drinks and food, Jia has just finished preparing breakfast," Jinho says happily. He can't believe that destiny is really at work, but not in the way he had pictured it to be.

 

He turns around to leave so he can get the refreshments, but Mrs. Byun Sojin quickly rushes over to him in excitement and stands in front of him.

 

She smiles and moves closer to him and the man could already guess what she's about to ask.

 

"You just said Jia, are you referring to my Jia dear? Our precious baby?" She asks with teary eyes while looking at Jinho. She honestly can't remember when last she saw Jia, about 20 years ago. She really hopes she's actually her Jia, the daughter of her late friend.

 

"Yes, she is, and she's also the same lady caught in the relationship scandal with Baekhyun." Jinho breaks the news and Sojin screams. She just couldn't contain her happiness that she hugged Jinho.

 

"What's going on?" Mr. Byun asks. He walks over to his friend and wife with a smiling face. Curiosity was already killing him after seeing his wife with such delighted smiles after the heartbreak she suffered from after seeing the news.

 

Sojin really went through an emotional breakdown. She almost went insane when they saw that news, but luckily he tried all he could to bring her back on track. It was difficult at first, but with much effort, she was finally stable.

 

"Honey, what happened?" He asks softly and with great joy Sojin tells her husband the good news.

Byun couldn't believe it at first until Jinho confirmed it as well.

 

After a while of talking and smiling, Byun and his wife Sojin finally settled in their seat. Baekhyun seemed very curious and gently caressed his mother's hand to get her attention, and when he did, he smiled at her.

 

"Mom, what's going on?" Baekhyun asks quietly.

 

"You will know soon, until then please don't disturb me." She looked away from him and shot Jiyong a loving smile. Jiyong has always visited them from time to time before they traveled overseas. He never stopped visiting the Byuns even after his mother and sister asked him to stay away.

 

He decided to follow in his father's footsteps because in the end, it's a choice to be good or evil. Although, Baekhyun and Jiyong barely know each other because he's hardly home. The rock star is always busy with his music career that he only comes back home at night.

 

"It's been a while, son. How's your company work going?" Sojin asked and the young man smiled. 

 

"All is well mom. I really didn't know you and dad were already back, else I could have paid a visit." Jiyong says before looking at Baekhyun who is also looking at him and he sighed.

 

The fact that his dear cousin sister is betrothed to Baekhyun is giving him shivers. Indeed he respects Mr. Byun and his wife Sojin, but Baekhyun is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter