004

Tempted By Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please read the author's note below, it's very important. Please enjoy reading.

 

___________________________________________________

The bright flashes of the camera lights kept on coming that Jia couldn't even move. All she could do was to stare in shock at the reporters and more kept on joining the crowd.

 

Baekhyun was also shocked, but he couldn't forget the fact that Jia was still half-, and her chest was barely covered with his jacket.

 

Knowing that fact, he quickly turned his attention back to Jia and arranged the jacket properly on her body. Luckily, it was enough to cover her body down to her thighs.

 

"I'm sorry Jia." He muttered before looking away completely. He didn't see this coming. What's he going to do to clear his name as well as Jia's name? What is he going to tell his parents, his girlfriend Sonia?

 

He shut his eyes, trying to find the right word to use. But, just then Jongin walked into the room with a calm smile gracing his lips.

 

He looked at Baekhyun who looked totally helpless, and then at Jia who seemed to be in a state of shock, and he sighed before bringing his attention back to the media.

 

"Hello, ladies and gentlemen. I know that you want answers regarding the rock star's relationship status, but please try to keep it cool and please exit the room. I promise that you will get the truth about this issue. Please." Jongin pleaded and after so much debating, they finally exited the office.

 

It was hard for Jongin to look at his friend. He knows exactly the situation Baekhyun is facing at the moment, and the truth is that he doesn't know what to say to either of them. 

 

He heaved a deep sigh and finally looked at his best friend, but as expected Baekhyun was totally devastated.

 

"How?" Was the only word Baekhyun voiced out when their eyes met. 

 

"Baekhyun you need to calm down first." Jongin almost slapped himself when he thought about what he just said. He knows exactly what effect that word has on Baekhyun, so he lowered his eyes.

 

"Calm down? Did you just say calm down?" The rock star walked over to Jongin, confusion clearly written all over his face.

 

He was confused. He didn't even know where to start from or what to do next. This was what he feared the most, and now it's all happening, and there's nothing he can do about it.

 

"How can you stand there, asking me to calm down when my life has just completely come to an end?" Baekhyun ruffled his hair till it became messy. He turned around to Jia and he sighed.

 

He almost forgot that Jia was also caught up in the same mess. He walked up to her, but she drifted away from him like some virus.

 

"Stay away from me Mr. Byun," Jia muttered and wrapped her hand around herself. She lowered her head and drifted further from him.

 

"Please leave my office, the both of you. I will return your jacket to you later, but for now, I want to be alone, please." She looked away and Jongin sighed.

 

Baekhyun balled his fist, he was so pissed that he stomped out of the office without listening to Jongin who was calling out his name.

He just couldn't stomach the fact that in the next few hours, his face and Jia's will be on every single channel and newspaper.

 

"Baekhyun wait up." Jongin quickly rushed over to him and stopped him from going any further.

 

"Baekhyun what are you doing? The media are all over the building. You better sneak back to your changing room while I handle things out here."

 

"Okay. Thank you." Baekhyun did as he was told by sneaking to his room.

He quickly pushed his room door open, only to see Sonia glaring at him. 

 

Oh God, not her. I already have so many things happen in my life as it is.

He shut the door and walked over to Sonia, but she threw the remote she was holding and advanced towards him.

 

"What's the meaning of that nonsense?" She asked while pointing to the television screen.

 

Already knowing what Sonia was referring to, Baekhyun sighed and looked at it, only to ball his fist in anger.

 

He looked at Sonia who was furious and the tears in her eyes clearly showed that she was hurting so much.

 

"I pleaded with you Baekhyun. I told you time after time to get married to me but you refused. Was she the one you loved so much that you had to make me suffer all these years?"

 

"Never. I have absolutely nothing to do with that woman. This is all just a misunderstanding that has become a big issue."

 

"Really?" Sonia chuckled. "A big misunderstanding you say. You were clearly covering her ness with the jacket I bought for you as a birthday gift last year. How do you explain that?" Sonia yelled and Baekhyun shut his eyes.

 

He was really in a serious mess at the moment and the last thing he wants is all this drama.

 

"Sonia, you're the one I love. I can never look at another woman when I have you. Please believe me." Baekhyun walked closer to her and hugged her while caressing her back gently.

 

"Baekhyun I believe you, but I think this is all that Jia's fault. She planned all this so she can get married to you and inherit your wealth. She's definitely behind all this." Sonia was so convincing, but the rock star shook his head in disapproval of her claims.

 

"No, she has no hand in this. She's as surprised as I am, but it's okay. I won't rest till I get to the bottom of this." Baekhyun said and Sonia blinked her eyes nervously before nodding.

 

"Of course, you should. Because this looks like a setup." Sonia sat beside him and massaged his hair to keep him calm, but deep down in her heart, she was seriously mad and just couldn't wait to lash out at Sunhee for messing up her plan.


 

🕉🕉🕉🕉🕉🕉


 

Jia sat in her office, staring at a blank space. She was lost in thoughts that she didn't hear her phone ringing.

 

"Jia are you there? Please open the door." Jiyong called out and Jia heard him. She got up and rushed towards the door. She twisted the doorknob and the moment Jiyong stepped into the room, Jia hugged him and began to sob.

 

Jiyong embraced her and gently caressed her back. He understood what she was going through at the moment because that was exactly what he felt when he saw the news.

 

"Jia please stop crying. Your brother is here to fight for you and protect you." Jiyong whispered to her, but never let go of her till she became calm.

 

She slowly pulled away from her brother's embrace and looked at him in the eye. She was confused, shocked, and short of words. She didn't know where to start from or what to even say, but she has to at least say something, anything.

 

"What is going to happen? I've seen this situation too well in movies, but I never imagine that I will find myself in the same situation. What is going to happen next?" Jia asked softly, but her heart wasn't beating rapidly.

 

"Don't worry Jia, let's go home." He gave her a mini bag containing a new gown. "Get changed, I will quickly help you to pack your stuff."

 

"But Baekhyun's jacket, I have to return it," Jia said, and Jiyong shook his head.

 

"I will send it to their house tomorrow, so that shouldn't be a problem."

 

"Their house? Are you two close?" Jia suddenly asked out of curiosity, but Jiyong only sighed.

 

"I'm not, but his family and our family are very closed." Jiyong dropped the last book in her bag and looked at his confused sister.

 

"No more questions Jia. You will come to know everything at the right time. Now quickly get changed, you need to get out of his environment immediately." Jiyong was serious and Jia nodded.


 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter