025

Tempted By Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris's face looked pale when he saw Shin bleeding from her right shoulder. He looked at Kyungsoo, and the inspector made a relieved sigh. He walked over to the crying woman and cuffed her before she could make a move.

 

He looked at the man closer to the door and he made another sigh. "You took the law into your hands, Jiyong. Why?" Kyungsoo asked, but Jiyong staggered before looking at his mother whom he had just shot.

 

He was in tears, not because he shot his mother, but because he saw his aunt and uncle tied up like criminals by his mother. He looked at the weak people and more tears fell from his heavy eyes.

 

"I couldn't help it. If I hadn't tracked her down and gotten her here just in time, then Kris and Jia's parents would have been bead by now." Jiyong glared at his mother, anger evident in his eyes and he walked closer to her.

 

The sobbing woman was glaring at her son. In her eyes were pure anger and Jiyong saw it.

 

"I hate you." He spat out before looking away from the evil woman.

He looked at Kris who seemed shocked and he shouted out in frustration for a few seconds before he regained himself again.

 

"Let's save your parents," Jiyong said and Kris joined him and untied the weak people, and they all left for the hospital.


 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒


 

Jia was busy making some fresh fruit juice in the kitchen when Baekhyun made her way into the kitchen and he hugged her behind. He trailed kisses along her neck and she giggled softly.

 

"Good morning my love," Baekhyun whispered into her ears, and she twisted herself in his arms, and wrapped her arms around his neck.

 

"Good morning love," Jia said with a smile gracing her face, and her husband leaned closer to her and kissed her. His hand lovingly caressed her waist and she moaned into the kiss.

 

It was supposed to be just a loving morning kiss, but then it's Baekhyun, the king of romance. He deepened the kiss while his hand worked his magic on his wife.

 

Jia was loving it. She wanted more and Baekhyun also wanted more. He carried her to the bedroom and continued what he started in the kitchen. They were both excited and one led to another till they ended up making love.

 

_____________

 

Jia was fast asleep after having a hot morning with her husband. Baekhyun was still awake so he decided to continue the Breakfast. While cooking, he thought about calling to find out the progress of the case, and when he was done, he gave Kris a call, but no one picked up from the other end.

 

Baekhyun felt uncomfortable when he called after three times and Kris didn't pick up. He tried calling Jiyong, but the door to his living room was pushed open by Sehun and Sunhee.

 

Baekhyun was surprised to see his sister and her boyfriend, but he was also happy. He offered them something nice, but he could sense that something was off. He was about to ask if everything was fine when Sehun broke the news to him.

 

"Jia's and Yifan's parents are still alive." Sehun had both sadness and excitement in his eyes when he broke the news.

 

The CEO was surprised, he stared at Sehun for a while before looking at his sister, and back at the detective.

 

"Are you being serious?"

 

"Yes. At first, I had the same expression you have on now, but when I went to the hospital, I saw Jia's parents alive but very weak and they looked very sick." Sehun sighed and Baekhyun quickly looked at the stairs as if he was scared of Jia hearing about their discussion.

 

"Is she asleep? I mean Jia?" Sunhee asked and Baekhyun looked at his sister and he nodded.

 

"Yes, she's sleeping. Please can you stay here with her for a while, I want to go with Sehun to the hospital. Please don't say anything to her about her parents, I don't know how she's going to react."

 

"Don't sweat it, I will keep her company when she wakes up." Sunhee smiled and Baekhyun caressed her hair before he left for the hospital with Sehun.

 

____________


 

They arrived at the hospital after a twenty minutes ride. Baekhyun wasn't sure if what Sehun had told him was true, but when he saw his parents at the hospital, he knew all that was told to him was all real.

 

Jiyong sat beside Jia's mother, the woman was sleeping peacefully, the same as her husband. Jiyong wasn't saying anything, all he did was caress the sleeping woman's hand.

 

"I'm sorry mom." He muttered despite knowing that the woman couldn't hear him. "I'm so sorry mom. My evil mother did horrible things to you for the past two years, yet we couldn't save you. I'm so sorry." Jiyong caressed both parents' hands before getting up to meet his father who was staring into space.

 

"I'm sorry dad, but shooting m-mom was the only thing I could do to stop her from killing Jia and Yifan's parents. I'm so sorry." He lowered his head, but Jinho looked at his son, and he finally let his tears drop. He shook his head and embraced his son.

 

"Don't be sorry Jiyong. I should be the one to apologize for not arresting Shin when I had the chance to. I kept on hoping that she would change as time passes, but I was wrong. You had to shoot your mother, and for that I'm sorry." Jinho embraced his son and they both cried in each other's arms.

 

"You did the right thing. You did something I should have done a long time ago. Don't have any regret, Shin is very lucky that I wasn't the one that was with her, else I would have aimed directly for her heart. She did all this to my brother and his wife just because Sojin and Minwoo got Jia and Baekhyun betrothed to each other. I hope she rots in jail." Jinho was deeply hurt, but Minwoo patted his shoulders and so did Sojin.

 

"It's not your fault, so don't blame yourself for all that happened. The most important thing is that Jia's parents are safe now and Shin has been sent to jail for her multiple crimes. Don't worry and stop blaming yourself." Sojin said and Jinho nodded to their words. He looked at Kris, and the young man was staring at his parents with so much happiness in his eyes.

 

He had always wished to see his parents, and his wish came true. He sat beside them all day, watching over them as if something bad was going to happen to them if he looked away from them.


 

✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒✒

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter