003

Tempted By Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please read the author's note below, it's very important. Please enjoy reading.

____________________________________

 

 

 

She should have acted fast. She should have made the first move to make Baekhyun comply with the wedding. Now she's regretting her stupidity, she wished she could only take back the hand of time, or somehow send Baekhyun's mother back to the States.

 

"I'm such a fool!" Sonia folded her fist and her nails pierced through her skin, causing a small flow of blood. She was alone in the living room while everyone was busy with one thing or the other.

 

She was barely recognized by Mr. Byun and that alone was eating her up. She wants attention, she wants to be recognized as the soon-to-be wife of Baekhyun and daughter-in-law of the family, but the picture in front of her was far from that.

 

Baekhyun barely talks about her, he only claims that he loves her, but never has he introduced her to his family as his wife-to-be.

 

"Dammit." She frowned, but just then Sunhee walked over to her with two glasses of wine in her hand. She looks cheerful as always, and she handed one of the glasses to Sonia.

 

"Have this babe, you look terrible."

 

"So you noticed?" Sonia took the glass of wine and gulped it down in one go, slamming the glass on the table in front of her, and her bleeding hand caught Sunhee's attention.

 

"Oh gosh, you're injured. What happened?"

 

"Baekhyun happened and this is actually nothing to worry about," Sonia said while looking at Baekhyun who was chatting with his mother.

 

"Really? This is nothing? You're a model Sonia, a top and famous one at that. Do you want to draw the attention of the press?"

 

"No, but Baekhyun is not even a bit concerned about me. He just left me all by myself and stayed over there. What actually does he take me for? Huh?" Sonia was really pissed and Sunhee knew that she had to act fast before her mother would get mad and ask her to leave.

 

"It's okay, I will text Baekhyun now, so just calm down, okay?" Sunhee said and sent Baekhyun a text message. Baekhyun looked in their direction and he stood up immediately.

 

"Mom, I will be back shortly, please you and dad should go to the bedroom, you look exhausted." He smiled and they did just that. They were already tired, having some having a good sleep wasn't such a bad idea.

 

Baekhyun quickly walked over to his sister and lover the moment his parents left the living room.

 

"Sunhee, what's going on?" He asked while looking at Sonia, but he saw the blood in her hand and panicked.

 

"Oh gosh, what happened to you? Are you alright?" Baekhyun asked. He quickly knelt down in front of Sonia to have a look at the injured skin, but she withdrew her hand the moment Baekhyun touched her and stood up.

 

"Don't touch me Baekhyun! In fact, don't ever call me again. All these years we've been dating, it never crossed your mind once to introduce me to your family, why?" Sonia's voice was filled with anger and Baekhyun sighed.

 

He saw this coming, and the truth is that he can't really blame her for it. But then he's also left with no choice because he knows his parents and their mindset towards Sonia.

 

"I'm sorry Sonia, but I can't introduce you to my parents now. I just need some time and then I know what must be done."

 

"Well, that time is something I don't have. If you're serious with our relationship then do the right thing by introducing me to your parents." Sonia looked into his eyes, but he simply averted his gaze and looked away.

 

"I can't do that for now, but I promise you that I will do it, but not now."

 

"I see." Sonia picked up her purse and walked out of the living room, ignoring Baekhyun and Sunhee's calls.

 

"Dammit. Why can't Sonia seem to understand the situation at hand?" Baekhyun ran his hand through his hair, but the glare his sister gave to him said so much.

 

"What's with that look? Don't tell me you're seeing reasons with Sonia?"

 

"Really? You're acting as if you're a different person. I don't want to think otherwise."

 

Great. Now even Sunhee is also trying to make him go crazy.

"What do you mean by otherwise?"

 

"Who knows, you might be dating another woman and refuse to tell Sonia about it." She looked quite scared after spilling the trash she just did, and Baekhyun frowned.

 

He glared at her dangerously before walking away. It's best he just walked out on her now to avoid more misunderstanding he won't be able to tolerate.


 

🕉🕉🕉🕉🕉🕉


 

The morning came and Sunhee was glad about it. She couldn't really sleep during the night after speaking in a rude manner to her brother.

 

She stood in front of the mirror in her room, drying her hair while thinking about Sonia and Baekhyun's relationship. She's also aware of the hatred her parents have for Sonia, and that's not a good thing.

 

She quickly dried her hair and decided to have a word with her parents regarding Sonia and Baekhyun's relationship since Baekhyun was just too scared or busy to break the news to his parents.

 

She left her room and went straight to her parents, but on getting to the threshold of her parent's room, she overheard them talking about fixing an arranged marriage for Baekhyun and a decent well-mannered girl.

 

Sunhee was shocked to the bones that she stepped backward. At this point, it was definitely no use discussing with her parents anymore regarding Baekhyun and Sonia's relationship.

 

She rushed straight to Baekhyun to tell him what she just heard, but the man was busy talking to someone on the phone. Besides he was still upset with her, so he wouldn't even give her a listening ear.

 

Dammit. I have to talk to Sonia, she's my best friend, I can't let my parents do this to her.

 

Sunhee quickly rushed back to her room, grabbed her phone from the bedside table, and called Sonia. She was a bit surprised when Sonia picked up the call at the first ring, but she just kicked it off her mind.

 

She quickly told her best friend what she just heard her parents discussing, and after a moment of talking, they decided to meet up at their favorite eatery to take things into their hands before the matter gets serious.

 

〰〰〰〰

 

Jia sat in her room, staring at the picture of her late parents in her right hand, and in her left hand was her graduation picture from the university. She was happy that her parent's business is doing well, and that she graduated from law school with good grades.

 

"Mom, Dad, your daughter is happy because I'm able to handle your business and I also became a lawyer just as you've always wanted. Please keep on blessing me till the very end." Tears streamed down her eyes while caressing the picture frame, but the door to her room was slightly pushed open and Jinho walked into the room.

 

"Jia my dear, are you alright?" He asked in a soft voice.

 

On hearing the sound of the door, Jia dropped the pictures on the bed and stood up.

 

"Good morning uncle, I'm alright." She smiled and wiped the tears off her eyes. "I'm sorry for taking so long before coming to see you, how is your health?"

 

"I'm perfectly fine, don't worry about me." He says. "I came to check on you because I haven't seen you since morning, and I have something important to tell you."

 

"Something important?" Jia suddenly picks interest and sits down on the bed and gives him listening ears. "Please go on."

 

She was quite sure that it's something important, else, he wasn't going through the trouble of coming to her room.

 

"Well, it's about your profession as a lawyer." He says steadily without any distraction. "I want you to also bear in mind that your profession as a lawyer matters a lot. Don't only focus on this business, but explore also in your profession."

 

Jia smiled. Her uncle has always been so kind to her, he always considers what makes her happy before anything else.

 

"Of course uncle, I won't forget. I just want to handle a thing at a time." She placed her hand in his and caressed it gently. "I just want to be well balanced in this, then I will take off on the next project at hand which is my profession."

 

"Beautiful." Jinho smiled. "You're indeed the daughter of your parents and a very reasonable one at that." He praised her and caressed her cheeks.

 

"I should leave now, you have a lot to attend to." He gets up and leaves the room, leaving a smiling Jia behind.

 

She stares at him till he is completely out of sight and she smiles. She can't imagine what she would have done without him, although she's not the dependent type, still, she's grateful for having a caring uncle like Jinho.

 

She glanced at the wall clock, it was already quite late so she quickly rushed to the bathroom. She can't afford to be late for any reason.


 

🕉🕉🕉🕉🕉🕉


 

The eatery wasn't that crowded as it used to be and Sunhee was grateful for that, she's not a fan of noise, that's why she always goes there in the morning.

 

"Welcome ma'am, please what do we offer you?" The waiter asked softly while reaching out the menu to her.

 

"Nothing, for now, just a glass of water." She says to the guy without looking at him. Even since she arrived at the eatery, her attention has been at the entrance to the eatery, waiting for Sonia to arrive.

 

"Alright, ma'am." The waiter walks away, and just then Sonia walks into the eatery. She had on a hat and dark sunglasses to disguise herself from being recognized by the people in the eatery.

 

She walks down to the table and sits down beside her best who's already pissed off.

 

"I've been here about an hour ago, what was so important that kept you from coming here on time?"

 

"Sorry babe, but I had to visit my makeup artist first," she says confidently, "I can't come out looking rough, I'm a model."

 

"Yeah, whatever. You better pay less attention to that modeling nonsense of yours and force on your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter