021

Tempted By Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jia's eyes are fixed on the screen of her computer in her office. She's trying to finish some important work she has over dragged due to her leave from the company, but all her attention isn't mostly on the work she has at hand.

 

She keeps stealing glances at Baekhyun's office and he seems not to be around. It's been up to two hours since she left Baekhyun and Junmyeon in the car, ever since then, the CEO hasn't arrived at his office and it's kind of giving Jia some fear.

 

She glanced at his office again, trying to see if he's back, but YooJin forcefully pushed the door to her office open. She doesn't look happy and it's not something new to Jia.

 

"Hello Miss YooJin, how can I be of help to you?" Jia sounded so politely, but the angry lady simply waved her off.

 

"Enough of all this pretense, I'm so done with it. So you think you can use some dark magic on my Baekhyun and get him to fall in love with you, right?" YooJin looked pissed as she let out her questions and Jia simply sighed.

 

She knows that YooJin never really liked her from the start and she's also aware that YooJin is madly in love with Baekhyun of which she really can't blame him. The CEO is just so handsome, he has the world's most perfect smile with a heart of gold. It's normal for any woman to desire him, but sadly it will only remain a wish.

 

Jia stood up and walked to the spot YooJin was standing and made a halt in front of her.

She looked at YooJin and sighed.

 

"What's all this about now?" 

 

"It's about you going shopping with Baekhyun last week Saturday, and he even kissed you. Who the hell do you think you are that you just walked in from any hole you lived in and then you think the best thing to do is to steal my man away from me? Who the are you Jia? First, it was that gold digger Sonia, and now you? Who do you think you are?" YooJin asked in quite a high voice but Jia said nothing. She only stared at YooJin, thinking of the right way to put it that will make YooJin understand that she's Baekhyun's wife, but before she could think harder, the door to Jia's office was pushed open, revealing Baekhyun.

 

The CEO doesn't look happy at all and Jia noticed it. He looked at Jia for a while and God knows that he wanted to pull her into his embrace and kiss her ears from those hurtful words YooJin just said to her.

 

"YooJin go meet Junmyeon, he needs your help immediately, and Jia, see me in my office now." He stared at Jia for a while before walking away after hearing Jia and YooJin's response.

 

Once Baekhyun was out of Jia's office, YooJin looked at Jia and sighed.

 

"Now why did he ask you to see him in his office?" The angry lady asked and Jia looked at her before looking at Baekhyun's official through the window in her office.

 

"I don't know about that. Why do you ask?"

 

"Nothing, don't just get yourself fired," YooJin said and walked out of the office. Jia was shocked to hear that last word YooJin said and she smiled.

 

"I don't understand you YooJin. You hate me so much and now you don't want me to get fired?" Jia muttered the words to herself and she sighed. She looked at Baekhyun through her office and she sighed softly. She doesn't know why she saw anger in Baekhyun's eyes earlier when he walked into her office, but she does hope he's fine.

 

She walked out of her office and shut the door behind her, and she headed straight to Baekhyun's office and gently knocked on the door.

 

"Who's that?" Baekhyun asked and Jia smiled on hearing his voice.

 

"It's me, Jia." She said and the door was immediately pulled open by Baekhyun and he gently pulled her into his office and hugged her to himself. Before Jia could say a word, he was already pleading for her forgiveness.

 

"I heard all YooJin said to you and I'm so sorry for everything. I will make sure she pays for her actions." Baekhyun isn't happy at all and Jia knows from the way he talked. 

 

She pulled away from his tight embrace and wrapped her hands around his neck. She looked him in the eyes and she realized that Baekhyun means everything to her. She kissed him on the lips, giving her all to her husband so he could know how much she loves him.

 

Indeed it wasn't expected and Baekhyun was shocked by her sudden action, but he loved it. He pulled her closer by the waist and deepened the kiss. He's loving it and so is Jia. After a blissful moment together, Jia pulled away to cup Baekhyun's cheeks. 

 

"I don't mind at all. All YooJin said didn't affect me one bit; because I know what you and I share, and that's all that matters to me. Besides, it seems she's only looking out for you because of Sonia; Although I know she loves you, I think she means no harm."

 

"But she was so rude and that's something I can't tolerate." Baekhyun caressed her face and she smiled. She loves the way Baekhyun is so protective of her, it makes her feel so special. 

 

"I don't mind her attitude because I'm happy you're mine and we're happy together." Jia wraps her hand around the CEO's neck and pecks his lips. She just wants to be close to her husband and Baekhyun wants the same or even more.

 

"Oh sweetheart, you drive me crazy." The CEO coos in a low voice and the next second he's all over his wife, kissing her into oblivion. 

 

Jia feels so lost in the arms of her husband as he pleasures her. They both made their way to the sofa in Baekhyun's office, and the CEO deepens the kiss as he's above his wife, hands hovering around her thighs.

 

He's kissing her as if it's their last and it feels so perfect. It's a moment of pleasure and both of them are so lost that they didn't notice the intrusion of YooJin.

 

"Sir!" The loud sound of YooJin echoed in the room and Baekhyune slowly pulled away from Jia's lips to look at YooJin.

 

"Can't you knock?" The CEO looked angry but his voice remained calm.

 

"I did but you didn't respond to my knock." YooJin's eyes are on Jia the whole time she spoke and Jia only smiled beneath her husband.

 

"Come back later, I'm busy." Baekhyun made his point clear and YooJin frowned. She glared at Jia one last time before smiling at Baekhyun.

 

"Very well, sir." She walks out of the office and slams the door.

 

"She's mad," Jia said and Baekhyun laughed.

 

"I know she is, but I don't care. You're my wife and this is my company, so I can do whatever I want." Baekhyun grinned and Jia smiled before making it up to her feet.

 

"You're right though, but I have to go back to my office, I have some work to attend to." Her face looks pretty much red and Baekhyun feels proud of making his wife shy to the extent of making her blush.

 

Once Jia was out of the office, Baekhyun couldn't contain his happiness that he jumped up in excitement. He quickly gave  Junmyeon a call, asking if the arrangement and preparation were going well, and when he got the feedback he wanted, he ended the call and glanced at the wall clock.

 

The surprise party should be at 4 pm and it seems that time isn't that friendly today. Honestly speaking, Baekhyun can't seem to wait any longer with the so-called secret.

 

He wants to let the whole world know that Jia is his one and only wife, the woman he loves so much. He goes back to his seat to quickly wrap up a few pending works before the clock hits 4 pm.


 

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰


 

Jia is still busy in the office with some important documents for a new project when she noticed that her husband's office was empty again. 

 

She looked around the office through the window, trying to see if Baekhyun was around somewhere, but she couldn't find him anywhere. 

 

She sighs and turns back to her work; she has only a few more lines to type and then she's done. It didn't take her more time to do so because she's already missing Baekhyun and the fact that she can't see him in his office is a bit disturbing to her.

 

The moment she drops the printed-out file, she receives a text message from Baekhyun, asking her to meet him in the meeting room in the next five minutes. 

 

Jia smiled after reading the text and she picked up her bag and left her office and she headed straight to the meeting room. Although she couldn't find a single worker around and it felt strange to her, however, she doesn't care, all she cares about is meeting up with her husband.

 

She made it to the meeting room and a big smile graced her face. The thought of seeing Baekhyun is so overwhelming that she can't control her beautiful smile.

 

She placed her hand on the doorknob and twisted it open. She stepped into the room but she was shocked to see all the workers present in the room.

 

The meeting room is well decorated with beautiful balloons and fancy decorations. The table is also decorated nicely, but there's a cake on the table with drinks and some delicious mouthwatering food and dessert on the table. There's also red wine and nonalcoholic wine on the table and Jia looked at her husband and then everyone and she smiled.

 

"What's going on Baekhyun? I got your text and I'm really curious right now." Jia asked, her voice ever so soft and sweet.

 

"We also have no idea about this fancy gathering, so please mind your mouth and address the boss with respect and not by his name," YooJin said and Jia sighed but she said nothing.

 

She looked at her husband and the CEO finally stood up. He's smiling softly and in his hands is a banquet of red and white rose flowers with a nice appealing fragrance.

 

"Thank you everyone for being here. I know you must be wondering why I called for this meeting, the decorations, the food, and everything. Don't worry, you all will know why I did all this very soon." Baekhyun smiled and looked at Jia and he proceeded.

 

"This time last year I was living with the wrong person. I was chasing after lies without realizing it. I thought I was so much in love, I thought my relationship was perfect and the best in the world, but I was wrong all along." Baekhyun stopped talking and this time around he started walking slowly from his side of the long big table down to where Jia is standing.

 

"I thought I had the most beautiful relationship, but I never knew that I was w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter