019

Tempted By Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was very early in the morning and it's just the dawn of a new day for everyone. Sehun was already out of the bed and ready to start his day when he heard a knock at his door.

 

Raising a brow, Sehun dropped the cup of dark coffee he's holding on the table and walked over to his door. He wasn't expecting anyone apart from inspector Kyungsoo, his new friend who is coming over by noon due to some recent issues regarding crime.

 

He twisted the doorknob of the main entrance door and pulled it open, but he was shocked to see Sunhee standing in front of his door with a medium-sized bag in her hand.

 

"Sunhee?" Sehun was quite surprised seeing Sunhee. He wasn't expecting her until he asked for her, but seeing her standing in front of him is quite surprising.

 

"Good morning Sehun." Sunhee greets in a low voice while looking at Sehun with pleading eyes. "Please can I stay here for a while till the case is solved? My parents are going through a rough time right now and I can't add their problem. Please help me out." She pleaded and Sehun sighed deeply. 

 

He's not sure if her parents know about her whereabouts, and he won't like to make her parents worry anymore. However, he stepped aside, creating enough space for her to enter his living room.

 

"Are your parents aware that you left the house?" He asked and she nodded.

 

"Yes, I told them that I'm going on a trip to visit a friend, and they agreed." She brought her finger to and bit her nail, but Sehun walked over to her and he gently placed her hand down.

 

"Don't do that. It's a bad habit."

 

"I'm sorry, but I tend to bite my fingernails whenever I'm scared, tense, or sad." She replied and Sehun sighed.

 

"Well it's not a good habit and may I know why you're scared?" The older asked and walked over to his fridge. He took a box of mixed fruit juice and looked at Sunhee.

 

"Don't want to talk?" He asked because the girl is really not saying anything.

 

"Not that I don't want to talk, just that I'm scared."

 

"Scared? Why?" The older man asked but Sunhee looked at him with teary eyes and Sehun can tell that something is definitely not right.

 

"Come over here." The moment he said that word, Sunhee got up quickly and rushed over to meet Sehun who's now walking to his kitchen that's just a few steps away from his dining room.

 

Once Sunhee got to the kitchen, she opened in shock as she stared at the beautiful environment. There's a small-sized table with two chairs beside each side of the table and Sehun looked at Sunhee and she saw how carried away she was and he smiled.

 

She looks so innocent and cute when she's staring at something that amazes her. Well, he kind of noticed it when he first met her at Jia's home and yesterday when he brought her home.

 

"Sit down, I will get you something to eat," Sehun said and she looked at him before nodding her head.

 

She gently sat down on one of the chairs and watched Sehun as he walked over to the kitchen counter which is made of black shining marble.

 

He picked a glass cup from the dishes rack and poured some juice into the cup and he set down the box of juice on the marble counter. He walked over to a white beautiful cupboard and pulled it open, but he stopped and looked at Sunhee who's busy staring at him.

 

"Would you like to have toasted bread and tuna or my remaining fried rice and chicken from last night?" He asked and Sunhee stared at him for a while for making her choice.

 

"Fried rice and chicken please." She replied in a soft tone and Sehun nodded. He took out the remaining fried rice and microwaved it including the chicken and when he was done, he served the food on a plate and set it in front of Sunhee along with the glass of juice.

 

"Eat up, I will just quickly freshen up and join you shortly." Sehun let out his intentions and Sunhee nodded in response.

 

"Okay. Thank you so much for everything you've done for me, I'm so grateful." She genuinely voiced out her words and Sehun stared at her for a while before smiling softly.

 

"It's nothing." With that being said, the older man walked off and went straight to his room to freshen up so he could start his day.

 

Once Sehun was out of sight, Sunhee hissed in pain and rolled up the sleeves of her sweater on her left arm and she in a sob as well as her pain.

There's a big cut around her left arm and it's bleeding quite a lot. She shook her head and looked at the food in front of her and she started munching on it. 

 

By the time Sunhee was done with the food, she was already feeling dizzy and her vision was weakening with every passing minute. She managed to finish the juice and the moment she dropped the glass cup, she rested her head on the table and that was how she completely passed out without even knowing it herself.

 

Sehun was busy in his bedroom upstairs when he suddenly felt uneasy. He felt kind of weak and breathing wasn't that easy for him. He was sort of panting all of a sudden and that's actually the second time he's feeling that feeling in one morning.

 

First, he felt a sharp pain on his left arm around 3 am that very morning as if he was being cut with a dagger, and now he's feeling weak and having difficulty in breathing, although it only lasted for a while.

 

Once Sehun was alright again, he stood properly and looked at himself in the mirror, and he looked perfectly fine, but his heart wasn't at all. It was as if he's carrying heavy bags of blocks around his chest and that has never happened before. However, he decided to just let it be as he thought it's just a normal thing that happens once in a while.

 

He has already bathed and he's also wearing his casuals. A blue long sleeve shirt and black jeans. He picked up his phone and decided to head back to the kitchen so he could ask Sunhee some certain questions.

 

He heads back to the kitchen but he was a bit surprised to see Sunhee sleeping. He stared at her for a while before he walked closer to her and scooped her up in his arms. 

 

He was indeed careful not to wake her up and he carried her straight to one of the rooms and gently laid her down on the bed. He covered her with the blanket because it's already winter and the weather isn't that friendly at times like this.

 

Once he was done covering her properly, he stood straight and looked at her sleeping face, and he noticed that something was quite off about her. Her lips looked so pale and not the rose red. Her face wasn't as bright as it normally used to be, rather she looked so pale like a dead person.

 

Sehun was very shocked and disturbed. He moved closer to her but then he felt a bit of wetness around his right arm, and when he looked at himself, he saw the red stain. His right arm was badly covered in blood.

 

Sehun's eyes doubled in size and immediately he rushed over to Sunhee and pulled the blanket away from her body and he carefully pulled the sweater away from her body and she was left with her half-cut covering her s.

 

Sehun didn't even mind. He looked at her body in search of the cause of the blood, and his eyes landed on the very big cut on her left arm and it was still bleeding.

 

"Oh my God," Sehun muttered in fear. He looked at her face and reached his hand to her nose to verify if she's still breathing, but she wasn't breathing anymore. He quickly searched for her pulse around her neck and luckily he found a faint pulse.

 

"Thank you Sunhee. Just hang in there for a little while." Sehun picked up his phone and called his very good friend Yoona who happens to be a very good and experienced doctor. He met her a few years back when he first came to Korea with his mother.

 

He explained everything to her on the phone and when Yoona asked him to calm down that she will handle everything, Sehun finally felt a little bit okay.

 

He stayed beside Sunhee caressing her hair, telling her that he's not going to let anything bad happen to her. He doesn't know why he feels so concerned about her, but one thing he knows is that he can't let her die.

First, it's the blackmail and now someone is trying to kill her.

 

Sehun jumped out of the bed when he heard the sound of Yoona's car driving into his compound.

He rushed out of the room and went straight to the living room and he opened the main door for her to come in.

 

"Thank you so much for coming Yoona." Sehun sounded tense that Yoona had to tap him on his shoulder to calm him down.

 

"Get a hold on yourself, Sehun, she will be fine. Please take me to her room." Yoona said and Sehun helped her to carry the big bag in her hand and he led her to the room.

 

Getting to the room, Yoona looked at Sunhee's pale skin and she felt her pulse around her neck, and she indeed found a faint pulse-like Sehun said over the phone.

 

"Sunhee is still alive, but she has lost a lot of blood that's why she looks so pale," Yoona said and Sehun was shocked when Yoona called her by her name. He didn't tell her Sunhee's name, so he was shocked as to how Yoona knew about her name. However, he let that thought be, right now he wants to help Sunhee and that's all that matters.

 

"What do we do? Can I help in any way?" Sehun asked and Yoona nodded.

 

"Yes. You can help by donating some of your blood to her. You're O positive and you can donate to her because she's also O positive." Yoona explained and Sehun immediately took off his shirt and sat beside Sunhee while Yoona attended to the cut on her arm. 

 

Once Yoona was done treating and bandaging the arms, she asked Sehun to lay next to Sunhee so he could begin with the transfusion.

Sehun was a bit surprised when he saw Yoona setting up all that's needed for the blood transfusion, but then she's a doctor and she knows what to prepare for at any time.

 

"Don't you need to check my blood?" Sehun asked and Yoona smiled.

 

"Sehun, you're still the same, always tense in situations like this. Have you forgotten that you donated blood to a little girl named Nina last month at my hospital? Your blood is clean so don't worry." She tapped his shoulder and placed a small needle into the vein in his arm. 

 

The blood began to move from a bag, through a rubber tube, and into the Sunhee's vein through the needle. Yoona stood beside them as she carefully monitored vital signs throughout the procedure.

 

In the process of the transfusion, Sehun's mind was wandering around a lot of things. First, it was the blackmail and now murder attempt. He blinked his eyes closed as he tried to connect everything that's going on.

 

As far as he's concerned, the blackmailer is by no means alone in his doings. There must be someone backing him up and that person is after Sunhee's life.

 

Sehun turned to his side and he looked at Sunhee for a while before looking away. He has so many questions running through his mind, but he has to wait until she's fully okay and conscious again.

 

"It's done, Sehun, and she's out of danger. I've also written down the medicines you're to get for her when she comes around, but please make sure she's on a full stomach before she takes any of those drugs." Yoona explained as she removed the needle from his hand and Sunhee's hand as well.

 

"Thank you so much Yoona, I will reward your account handsomely," Sehun said and Yoona chuckled.

 

"It's okay, I'm not doing th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter