017

Tempted By Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A fast update you got there. Make me proud and happy by commenting and upvoting. ___________________________________________________

 

It's already past 9 in the evening and Baekhyun isn't back home. Jia tried calling his line just to be sure he's okay, but he wasn't picking up and it's leaving her in a state of panic because she can't also reach him through telepathy.

 

She has already taken her bath and worn her nightgown, but she can't seem to be at peace. She's really missing Baekhyun and the thought of him not being with her is hurting her.

 

She's pacing front and back in the living room while praying for her husband, but just then she heard the sound of Baekhyun's car. She rushed over to the door and pulled it open before Baekhyun could help himself.

 

Both of them came face to face with each other and Jia immediately noticed that Baekhyun wasn't happy. His eyes are cold and expressionless and it's unlike Baekhyun.

 

There's this warm smile that's always gracing Baekhyun's face whenever he returns home, but today Jia can't seem to find that smile, rather all she sees is a man with an emotionless face.

 

She didn't bother to ask him any question, and she just collected his briefcase from him and followed him up the staircase to their shared bedroom. Jia noticed that Baekhyun didn't greet her or say a word and it's hurting her.

 

She doesn't know why she's feeling so hurt by Baekhyun's cold treatment towards her, but she doesn't like it. Throughout her dinner with Sehun, she just couldn't stop thinking about Baekhyun. The urge to talk to Baekhyun, and be with him was all that occupied her mind throughout her dinner with Sehun.

 

She watches Baekhyun as undresses himself and grabs a towel. He's behaving strangely and Jia can see it clearly, but she has no idea about what's going on.

 

"I will set the bathtub," Jia informs, but Baekhyun cuts her off immediately.

 

"I will use the shower, so don't bother." Baekhyun coldly replies and walks past Jia without looking at her. He's feeling hurt and betrayed. He just couldn't believe that Jia turned down his request just to be with Sehun.

 

He opened the shower and let the water wash over him. He blinked his eyes close and all he could see was the smile on Jia's face when she leaned her head into Sehun's touch.

 

He blinked his eyes open and folded his fist in anger. He's not one to get angry easily, but at the moment he's damn pissed off that he can't even look Jia in the eyes despite knowing that she's innocent and oblivious to what Sehun is planning.

 

After a short shower, he changed into his pajamas and dried his hair with a towel before stepping out of the bathroom. He goes straight to the hairdryer and starts drying his hair, ignoring Jia's innocent and worried stare.

 

After staring for a while, Jia finally got out of the bed and walked up to Baekhyun, and stood in front of him. "Should I set dinner or get you some snacks and milk?" She asks and that was when Baekhyun looked at her for a while before looking away.

 

"I'm not hungry, I already had dinner with my employees." The CEO's voice is deep and cold and Jia felt like crying. This isn't the Baekhyun she knows and cherishes so much, he's never this harsh on her and would never reply to her coldly.

 

Jia can't seem to understand what's going on and it's killing her slowly. She watches Baekhyun without saying a word and when he turns around to leave, she quickly stops him by holding his hand.

 

Baekhyun sighs heavily as he turns around to look at Jia. "What is it?" He asked and Jia walked closer to him and stood in front of him.

 

"What's going on Baekhyun, please talk to me." Her voice sounds low and her eyes are teary. They've been together for almost two months, and Baekhyun has never acted like this towards her. She can't take it, it's not something she can handle and it's hurting her deeply 

 

"There's nothing to talk about, Jia. I'm exhausted and I need to rest." Baekhyun removes Jia's hand from his and walks over to the bed, leaving Jia to herself. 

 

He hates doing this, he hates hurting Jia but at the moment he can't help it. He just wants to be alone for the moment. He lay on the bed and shut his eyes, but he can't seem to even fall asleep, so he decides to just stay like that.

 

There's so much running through Jia's mind at the moment. She doesn't know what is going on and it's killing her slowly. She's not one that gives too much thought to something, but at the moment she wants to know what's going on.

 

She stares at Baekhyun for a while and she decides to lay on the bed. She's also tired but she can't seem to fall asleep. She lay sideways and stared at Baekhyun with teary eyes.

 

She's not used to feeling this way, she hardly cries but right now she's crying helplessly. She wants Baekhyun's attention so badly, she wants to talk to him and see his lovely smile again but she doesn't know how to do that.

 

YooJin's words somehow manage to ring in her head and more tears streamed down her now pale cheeks. She's scared and the feeling of inferiority starts kicking in. Jia can't help but wonder if YooJin was actually right. Maybe Baekhyun isn't into average girls, after all, maybe she's just building castles in the sky, thinking that Baekhyun has changed meanwhile he still remains the same man he is.

 

More tears rolled down Jia's eyes and she moved closer to Baekhyun and placed her head on his chest. She has never done that before, it's actually her first time doing that, but she can't help it. The urge to be closer to Baekhyun is so strong that she doesn't care about what Baekhyun's reaction would be.

 

On feeling Jia's head resting against his chest, Baekhyun blinks his eyes open immediately. He didn't expect the sudden action at all and he's very surprised.

 

"You can yell at me, get angry at me, but please don't keep me in the dark. You've shut me out of your bond and you're acting coldly towards me without letting me know what I've done wrong. It hurts Baekhyun, it hurts so much. Maybe YooJin was right when she said that you're not into girls like me, but I don't want it to end like this Baekhyun. I will change my way of living so that I won't bring shame and disgrace to you, but please don't leave me in the dark, it hurts a lot." Jia pleads and more tears streamed down her cheeks and dropped on Baekhyun's chest.

 

Baekhyun's eyes double in size when he realizes that Jia is actually crying. He didn't know that his actions would hurt Jia so much. He only wanted to keep to himself but he didn't realize that it would hurt Jia so much.

 

He carefully sat up and Jia pulled away from his chest to look at him and more tears fell from her eyes. There's a sharp pain in Baekhyun's chest when he sees Jia crying. He gently caressed the tears away from her eyes and pulled her into his embrace.

 

"Please don't cry Jia, I'm so sorry for hurting your feelings. Please stop crying." Baekhyun pleads as he gently caresses her back. He didn't realize that she would be so hurt to the extent of crying and for that he hates himself.

 

"What's going on? Please tell me?" Jia's voice sounds like a whisper, but Baekhyun clearly heard it. "Please." She pulls away from Baekhyun's embrace to look him in the eyes.

 

"I was going to introduce you to everyone today as my wife, my soulmate, my partner, my everything, but you never showed up. I was hurt but I still tried to forget about it until I saw you and Sehun together." Baekhyun folds his fist in anger as he remembered how Sehun winked at him when their eyes met and then the way he smirked.

 

Jia stared at Baekhyun in shock when she saw the way he folded his fist in anger. She reaches her hand to touch Baekhyun's fist and she gently caresses it. 

 

"I'm so sorry Baekhyun. I wanted to tell you about it last night, but I know that it would only upset you if I mention Sehun's name, so I let it be. I'm so sorry." 

 

"It's not about you Jia. I trust you with everything in me, but I don't trust that friend of yours. Sehun knew that I was at that hotel, he knew that the hotel belongs to me that's why he took you there." Baekhyun hisses in annoyance but he tried to calm himself down.

 

"Sehun even saw me looking at you and he winked at me and smirked. He knows that I can't stand it when you're with him and any other man and he deliberately caressed your face so that I could see it. Sehun isn't just a friend Jia, he's in love with you."

 

"No, that's not true. Sehun knows that I'm married to you, he can't be in love with me." Jia says and Baekhyun only shakes his head before looking away.

 

"Sehun told me to my face that he's going to take you away from me and make you his queen and you will become the mother of his babies. Sehun is madly in love with you and all he wants is to steal you away from me but that I will never allow. I would die first before that can happen." Baekhyun's voice is deep and filled with anger, but a soft caress from Jia on his chest softens his heart.

 

"You won't die, Baekhyun. I only see Sehun as a friend and nothing more. You're my husband and you're the only man I want to be with." Jia says with her eyes fixed in Baekhyun's.

 

At this point, Baekhyun can't seem to hold his feelings in anymore. If he must prove to Sehun that Jia belongs to him, then he must confess his feelings to her.

 

Baekhyun reaches his hand to Jia's face and gently caresses the soft skin. His eyes are gentle and full of love, affection, and admiration for his wife. He can't wait any longer to confess his love, he has to let her know and he can't think of a better time than now. His eyes are locked to Jia's and without saying a word, he slowly leans closer to Jia and kisses her. 

 

His hands slipped down the smooth curve of her sides to rest on her perfectly curved hips as he kisses her deeply.

Jia's heart is beating so wildly, so fast, she could barely comprehend all that's happening.

 

Jia feels Baekhyun's lips moving on hers in slow motion and it feels like a dream. She feels so overwhelmed and she completely gives in. Baekhyun softly on Jia's lips, pouring his love into the kiss before he gently pulls away.

 

Jia's face is bright red, her lips are red and plump and she looks so beautiful. Baekhyun stares at her, observing her beautiful face and how delicate she looks. He gently caresses her face with a smile gracing his lips. He feels so proud being Jia's husband and soulmate and he would do just anything to make sure no man takes her away from him.

 

"I love you, Jia." Baekhyun coos, while looking deep into her eyes. He doesn't know what Jia's response will be, but he wants her to know how he feels about her.

 

"I love you with everything in me. You're the best thing that happened to me. You're my world, my happiness, my everything. I can't imagine how incomplete I would be without you in my life. I'm staring into the eyes of the woman I love and I want you to know that you complete me. I love you so much, Jia." Baekhyun can't seem to hold back his feelings and he just let it flow like the wind.

 

Jia is shocked, she can't believe that Baekhyun just confessed his feelings to her and even kissed her, and she feels so overwhelmed with joy. She can't believe that Baekhyun actually loves her for real. Her lips form a smile and she wraps her hand around Baekhyun's neck and kisses him.

 

Baekhyun smiles into the kiss and deepens it as he takes full control over Jia. The kiss gets heated and intense as Jia finds herself loving every single bit of Baekhyun's lips on hers.


 

〰〰〰〰〰〰


 

After kissing over and over again, both couples are finally laying on the bed. Jia's head is resting on Baekhyun's chest and the rock star is gently caressing her hair with his hand that's keeping her closer to himself.

 

"I'm so sorry for keeping the dinner away from you, please forgive me." Jia apologizes to her husband, and Baekhyun simply smiled before looking down to meet her eyes 

 

"It's fine, sweetheart." Baekhyun has already given Jia a nickname a few minutes and she loves it so much. "I will be the only man taking you out for dinners from now on. I know I'm very busy, but I will make out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter