015

Tempted By Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
I couldn't give you a longer chapter because I had to go for a check-up and other things came up. But be rest assured that the next chapter will be longer and worth it. Please don't forget to drop a comment and read the author's note below this chapter. Enjoy reading.

___________________________________________________

 

Jia is preparing the ladies' get-together meal in the kitchen, but her mind isn't really into what she's preparing. Ever since Sehun made that statement, Jia can't help thinking that her best friend is right.

 

The truth is always painful and bitter to hear, but we can't run from it. She sighs while taking off the last batch of chicken from the hot oil. She turns off the gas cooker and stares into nothingness, her thoughts are just running round about other things, and suddenly she chuckles softly.

 

It just hits her now that she really has no interest in having a romantic relationship with Baekhyun. They're just friends and she wants to keep it that way.

 

She steps out of the kitchen to check on Sunhee, Dara, and Sehun to see what they're doing in the dining room and indeed they're all so busy, making arrangements for their ladies fun time together. Sehun isn't supposed to be there, but Sunhee asked him to help her in getting the perfect shapes for the cookies they're to make.

 

"Sehun, please a moment," Jia says and the man gets up quickly as if he was just waiting for that word.

 

"Thank you for calling me. Sunhee is such a talkative." Sehun says with a sigh following, and then he gives Jia a warm look. "What is it?" Sehun says and Jia smiles softly.

 

"Well, I want to let you know that I don't need Baekhyun's love, to begin with. He's my second best friend and I'm okay with that. He has realized his mistakes and that's all that matters, so please don't worry about my happiness because I'm very happy." Jia makes her words clear and Sehun sighs. He knows that Jia is the type of person who can't be easily talked out of something once she makes up her mind.

 

"But that's not a complete marriage, the fact that there's no love between the both of you reminds me of the same," Sehun stresses the issues and makes Jia unhappy, but she still has to make Sehun understand.

 

"And that's what we both want. We agreed on a loveless marriage, so please enough with stressing the whole thing. Don't give so much relevance to something that's not worth it. I'm okay the way Baekhyun is." Jia says and she didn't realize that she's already smiling while thinking about her husband.

 

Seeing Jia's facial expression, Sehun decides to let the issue rest. He shoots Jia a smile and caresses her face.

 

"I wish you all the best. I will take my leave now, so take care." The detective says and walks out of the kitchen without waiting for Jia's response, and he also walks out of the mansion.

 

"Huh?" Jia mutters at her best friend's behavior, but she kicks it off her mind and heads straight to the living room. The ladies were already having a fun time, eating and drinking while discussing.

 

Jia joins in the fun and they started talking about what they will be doing soon. Sunhee mentioned going back to her modeling job while Dara also mentioned getting a job in a good company after getting married.

 

They all shared what they all intend on doing and Jia thinks that it's time she lets her friends know that she's also planning on getting a job in any of the modeling companies.

 

It has been one of her main motives ever since she came to Korea, so it's not a bad thing if she shares her plan with her friends.

 

"I'm also planning on getting a good job in one of these well-known modeling companies, but don't know which of the companies I should put my focus in," Jia says and the two ladies stare at her with big eyes, probably thinking about her profession as a lawyer.

 

"But you're a lawyer?" Dara says, trying to remind Jia, and the girl just waves it off.

 

"I'm an independent lawyer. My life is not committed to the law firm alone. I've always wanted to work as a project manager ever since I became an independent lawyer, but I don't know of any company that is running an interview for that position now." Jia sighs in frustration. She's been searching online for companies that are running an interview for the position of project manager, but she can't seem to get any.

 

"I know of a company that's in need of a project manager. I'm a huge fan of this company and they just fired the previous project manager around 9 this morning. So there's an interview for a new project manager around 9 am tomorrow morning." Dara informs and Jia whips her head to her, staring at her for a while.

 

"Are you kidding me? Because I double-checked last night and there was no company with an open position for the position of a project manager." Jia is feeling frustrated but she's keeping it in. She really needs to start working and stop staying at home like a pregnant lady.

 

"I'm not kidding you, Jia. There's this company named ED meaning (Elite Diamond), they just fired the previous project manager this morning and so there's an interview for the position tomorrow morning by 9. You can check it out."

 

"ED company!" Jia's eyes doubled in size. That's the very same modeling company she has always wanted to work with. She quickly rushes to her bedroom and grabs her laptop before rushing back to the living room. She's so excited while researching on the Internet, and of course, it turns out to be true.

 

"It's true!" Jia screams in happiness, not being able to believe her eyes. "I will surely be in the company tomorrow morning." She closes the laptop and turns to her friends, but she was met with sad eyes.

 

"Hey, what is it? Are you two not happy for me?"

 

"I am, I really am."

 

"Then why the sad eyes?"

 

"Well, I heard that the CEO of the company is a very strict man. He's so professional that even the slightest of all mistakes can lead to one being fired. I also heard that he's a very proud man with an irritable personality." Dara says and Sunhee can't help but laugh.

 

Jia stares at both ladies at first, but she smiles softly. "Don't worry, I've been through many different problems before, this proud strict man with an irritable personality won't be able to harm me or get me fired." Jia's words are full of determination and that makes Dara glad. At times she wishes she could be as strong and brave as Jia, but it just seems so impossible.

 

"Alright girls, let me say this real quick. The CEO of the Elite Diamond (ED) company is the one and only Byun Baekhyun." Sunhee says while munching on her chicken with french fries.

 

Jia and Dara stare at Sunhee with big eyes, as they can't believe what they just heard. She can't believe that her husband is the CEO of the company.

 

"You mean my husband, Baekhyun?" 

 

"Of course. And so you know, he won't let you get that position, he hates getting family involved in work-related issues, he's so professional." Sunhee says, hitting straight to the point.

 

"Oh please, I understand what you're saying, but my mind is fixed. I want to get that position, I must get it. That was my mother's passion and I guess it runs in my blood." Jia bites down on her moon-shaped cookies while thinking about what Sunhee and Dara just said.


 

_______________


 

Baekhyun enters the living room with a stressful look on his face. His day was very stressful and annoying as well. He takes a quick glance around the living room in search of Jia, but just then he sees her walking down the staircase, and a smile forms on his lips.

He doesn't know why he always feels so glad seeing his wife, but he likes the feeling.

 

"Had a stressful day huh?" Jia says while giving the CEO a soft look. She can't even imagine what the previous project manager did that he got fired, but seeing Baekhyun's stressed looks, she can tell that his day didn't go as planned.

 

"Yes." Baekhyun stays where he is, staring at his wife as she walks closer to him. "Did you miss me?" The word suddenly leaves his lips before he can stop it.

 

"Of course I did. Dara and Sunhee were here earlier, but they left at noon, and ever since then I've been so bored at home." Jia makes a sad pout and Baekhyun chuckles at her cuteness.

 

He totally understands what Jia is saying. Staying at home all day with no one to talk to is so frustrating, but there's nothing he can do about it. In the end, he has to be in the company from morning till 6 in the evening.

 

He blows out a sigh and walks closer to his wife and gently caresses her face. "I know you are bored, so I advise you to stay with my parents and visit your uncle, it will help you a lot," Baekhyun says softly and Jia leans into his touch, enjoying the warmth of his hand.

 

She looks up to his eyes, and she feels like telling him about her plan on taking the interview tomorrow morning, but she lets it be. He's tired and needs to rest for now.

 

"Thank you, Baek. Go freshen up, I will set dinner soon." She says and trails off to the kitchen, unknown to her that Baekhyun was staring at her longingly.


 

After they both had their dinner, Baekhyun and Jia decided to watch some random show while catching up on some things. She really wants to tell him about her intentions on taking the interview, but she's being hesitant about it. She doesn't want to be turned down because it will only make her more determined to take up the interview.

 

She bites her bottom lips while glancing at Baekhyun from time to time. Thinking about how she's going to make her intentions known to him.

 

"Okay, what is bothering you?" Baekhyun asks while looking at Jia steadily.

 

She whips her head to the CEO with a shocked expression written all over her face.

"How did you know that I'm bothered about something?" She asks and the man gives her a flat look.

 

"Because you're my soulmate. I felt your troubled heart from my office earlier. So tell me, what's bothering you." His tone is gentle and his eyes are looking directly at Jia with fondness.

 

Biting her bottom lip, Jia speaks up with boldness. "I want to take up the interview for the position of the project manager in ED tomorrow morning." She says while looking at his face, and immediately, Baekhyun's countenance changed into a frown and he looked away from Jia.

 

"No, it won't be possible," Baekhyun says firmly with his gaze focused on the screen and Jia frowns. She doesn't expect Baekhyun to react the way he just did. After all, she's not asking for a favor, she's just letting him know as it's the right thing to do.

 

"And why isn't it possible? Why don't you want me to for th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter